Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
So I went through the second post to set up ENB Series and I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. Except when I get in game I can't use Shift + Enter to open the fine tuning menu. I can't tell if there's a difference in visual appearance so I think it's not working. If I can't open the menu that definitely means it's not running though, right?

Edit: Got ENB to work by replacing d3d9.dll with the ENB one instead of the SweetFX one that I downloaded. Guess I just hosed up SweetFX.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Yerok posted:

So I went through the second post to set up ENB Series and I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. Except when I get in game I can't use Shift + Enter to open the fine tuning menu. I can't tell if there's a difference in visual appearance so I think it's not working. If I can't open the menu that definitely means it's not running though, right?

Edit: Got ENB to work by replacing d3d9.dll with the ENB one instead of the SweetFX one that I downloaded. Guess I just hosed up SweetFX.

Rename the d3d9 DLL from SweetFX And then tell ENB to load it as a proxy library in enbseries.INI or enblocal.INI, I can't remember which.

e: d3d9_sweetfx.dll

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
All of a sudden I can't run the 4GB loader through MO any more; doing so just brings up the launcher. The only thing I've changed since last night, when I could run it through MO just fine, is upgrading my graphics card (NVidia GTX 960M) drivers. I've tried redownloading the 4GB launcher but no change.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

Fellout makes nights significantly darker. It's annoying. I just wanted the removal of the orange filter.

A week or two ago, I posted a link to an edited Fellout I made that has brighter nights, phone posting or I'd repost the link.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

Rename the d3d9 DLL from SweetFX And then tell ENB to load it as a proxy library in enbseries.INI or enblocal.INI, I can't remember which.

e: d3d9_sweetfx.dll

Thank you. Got it working. Still kinda looks like poo poo but you can only do so much.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, little did I know that the little bit of FNVEdit work I did for myself just a while ago would be so relevant to the argument at hand. I present to you FelloutNV: (slightly) Brighter Nights:

Not incredibly bright, and not nearly as bright as vanilla, but you can make your way around. I haven't had a terribly long time to test this, so please let me know if it breaks anything. All I did was A. Brighten a few of the night settings and B. Clean the mod, because Fellout contained a shitload of Identical to Master cell entries. Seriously, cleaning the mod removed about 60kb from the filesize.

Anyhow, grab it here.

Here you go.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So I'm currently using the UHNV as my player housing and all my melee weapons and handguns fell off of the display wall. I've tried waiting past the cell respawn timer, manually resetting the cell via console and purging the cell buffers before doing that. None of it is working what so ever, is there any fix for this or do I get to find a new house?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Luminaflare posted:

So I'm currently using the UHNV as my player housing and all my melee weapons and handguns fell off of the display wall. I've tried waiting past the cell respawn timer, manually resetting the cell via console and purging the cell buffers before doing that. None of it is working what so ever, is there any fix for this or do I get to find a new house?

Remove everything from your house, to be safe, exit the cell, etc, and try reinstalling the mod.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60058/

4K resolution in game guide, provided you have the GPU to handle it, of course.

Experimenting with 2715 x 1527, game crashed at higher values. Still using ENB/Sweet FX. No screenshot because I somehow hosed that up.

Why the hell did I not look through these settings before??

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
DSR killed my framerate when I was otherwise getting 40-60 in freeside (even with Freeside open)

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Gyshall posted:

DSR killed my framerate when I was otherwise getting 40-60 in freeside (even with Freeside open)

Getting micro stutters occasionally. Still experimenting ..

Excitement inducing screenshot:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's a lot of bullets.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mosnar posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60058/

4K resolution in game guide, provided you have the GPU to handle it, of course.

Experimenting with 2715 x 1527, game crashed at higher values. Still using ENB/Sweet FX. No screenshot because I somehow hosed that up.

Why the hell did I not look through these settings before??

that's a really odd res to try for. I read you should double your native res so a 1920x1080 monitor uses supersampling to run 3840x2160. Then again I did my supersampling through ENB's ini files and nothing else, I have no idea what that guide is suggesting you do.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 8, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mosnar posted:

Excitement inducing screenshot:

Putting fallout at higher resolutions doesn't make the base game look any less ugly.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Brainamp posted:

Putting fallout at higher resolutions doesn't make the base game look any less ugly.

Yeah, you really would need good textures to make this look really good, but it does have the bonus of a "better" AA solution that what is currently offered via ENB

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Psion posted:

that's a really odd res to try for. I read you should double your native res so a 1920x1080 monitor uses supersampling to run 3840x2160. Then again I did my supersampling through ENB's ini files and nothing else, I have no idea what that guide is suggesting you do.

It is, and I've read the same. Game/something crashed at 3840 x 2160 though; looked great for a moment.

The guide itself is pretty useless, the links contained in the guide (AMD/Nvidia) were actually helpful I found. I'm honestly just toying with different methods of making the game look better/run smoother. Currently obsessively tweaking using NVidia and ENB/SweetFX in different combinations with the large pack of NMC's Textures. I want my 4K Sugar Bombs, dammit! And, yes, I've seen the mod that does that ..

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gyshall posted:

Yeah, you really would need good textures to make this look really good, but it does have the bonus of a "better" AA solution that what is currently offered via ENB

Basically, yeah. It's funny because if you expand the 4k shot to 100% it looks, well, like FNV, but if you view it scaled down in your browser (or in game of course) it's framerate-killing but pretty nice antialiasing. It really does do a good job at that.

Mosnar posted:

It is, and I've read the same. Game/something crashed at 3840 x 2160 though; looked great for a moment.

I get a crash on load sometimes and then I restart and load the same game and then it's perfectly stable. Go figure, but it might be worth a try.

here's an example:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 8, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Aww yeah, somebody finally retextured the Steam Gauge Assembly, that thing has looked like poo poo for too long.

I...

:yikes:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
How stable is Tale Of Two Wastelands with FNV? I'm about to just give up playing Fallout 3 because it hates my computers multiple cores and being a few years ahead of the game.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Much more stable. It basically just ports all of Fallout 3 into NV. You need to have all of the DLC for both games to run it though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

sitchelin posted:

Much more stable. It basically just ports all of Fallout 3 into NV. You need to have all of the DLC for both games to run it though.

I'm packing Game Of The Year currently installed on STEAM, I have Fallout 3 and most of the DLC (gently caress Zeta) on disc as well. I've pretty much done everything I can do and I'm met with a endless series of in game freezes.

Good to hear it is more stable. I might just give up and set up Tale instead.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
You really should. I've put about 30h into the game with TTW and it's CTD'd precisely once (not counting the fuckery with Warrington Trainyard).

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
TTW is remarkably stable, especially with NVAC. It does require all DLCs for both New Vegas and Fallout 3, however. There's a few things to watch out for. You need to be somewhat careful in places. Super Mutants use DR and not DT, so you'll need some actually good weaponry to deal with them, like in New Vegas. By default travelling between wastelands kinda sucks, but there's a couple of different Player homes that will let you travel back and forth MUCH easier than the train by the default. And taking the train kinda sucks, especially considering it costs 500 caps a trip, which sucks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Interesting. I might poke around and see what works and what doesn't work with it general mod wise and create a new character. I take it all the Fallout 3 gear is iron sighted and tweaked for FNV?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Interesting. I might poke around and see what works and what doesn't work with it general mod wise and create a new character. I take it all the Fallout 3 gear is iron sighted and tweaked for FNV?

Yep. Combat shotgun is still terrible though. Enclave Hellfire Troopers? Start dumping points in explosives or lash together a deathclaw gauntlet because few guns are going to punch through their 38 DT.

It isn't perfect by any means but the Fallout 3 experience is so much better with the New Vegas touch, especially if you want to use the Auto Axes from the Pitt, weapon repair kits are a lifesaver. Vendors in the Mojave have much better wares however so it's easier to get specialized ammo/mods, which you'll need in droves against mutants/Enclave troops. Otherwise it's awesome.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
5mm AP is hot poo poo for killing anything with armor. -25 DT, it will wreck the poo poo out of anything in armor.

Most new Vegas only mods will work just fine, and the TTW forums have a pretty good set of modifications and patches and the like for making mods work in the Capitol Wasteland and the Mojave. There's quite a few on the Nexus as well, and some NV mod authors make TTW versions themselves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, I've been using Fallout Character Overhaul because I like the textures and it doesn't have any of the rape poo poo from New Vegas Redesigned. that said, I want to play around with vanilla faces again while trying out some companion face edits, but I want to keep my FCO textures cus my character needs them. I downloaded the No NPC Edits esp and disabled the FCO Esm like Drumber said, but the NPC changes are still being made. Dunno what's wrong but if someone could help I'd appreciate it.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
whats a good mod for energy weapons? I'm lookin' for a full on laser armory for my next run

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

massecurr posted:

whats a good mod for energy weapons? I'm lookin' for a full on laser armory for my next run

Well EVE is a given I imagine.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You should always use EVE, it's fantastic. It makes las weaponry in the background more exciting.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

SpookyLizard posted:

By default travelling between wastelands kinda sucks, but there's a couple of different Player homes that will let you travel back and forth MUCH easier than the train by the default. And taking the train kinda sucks, especially considering it costs 500 caps a trip, which sucks.

There's also a mod for the Transportalponder that pops up a menu when you use it and gives you a list of places (that you've been to) in both wastelands where you can teleport.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I recently reinstalled this and thought I'd go to Nexus to see what garbage they're producing these days. I found this:

Antimalarial? Does it shoot tiny, malaria-seeking bullets?

Nope, you're supposed to shoot your spouse with it.

Never change, Nexus.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

SpookyLizard posted:

You should always use EVE, it's fantastic. It makes las weaponry in the background more exciting.

Doesn't EVE change the model for the laser RCW? That's always turned me off of installing it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm enjoying Tale Of Two Wastelands but annoyingly their forums are really vague on how to install or create FNV editions of certain Fallout 3 modules.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

cargohills posted:

Doesn't EVE change the model for the laser RCW? That's always turned me off of installing it.

EVE changes a bunch of the models and textures for Energy weapons, but I think for the better - they look rad rear end.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Eve gives basically every energy weapon iron sights, and in the case of guns that didnt have them they are awesome. And theres loads of new disintigration and plasma effects.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I really like the EVE changes to energy weapons, especially the laser RCW :shrug:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It makes it not a laser tommy gun, which is unforgivable.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

massecurr posted:

i highly recommend these two weapons 'cuz they are very cool:
the RHINO gauss revolver
(comes with plasma and laser versions too but the gauss is the only one with special effects)

and the turbolaser weapon pack
note that these weapons shoot lasers like a star wars blaster instead of beams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Ill have to track down the link, but theres the Omegared plasma revolver every energy weapons playthrough needs. Its made out of a .357 revolver and a plasma pistol IIRC, and fires MFCs and ejects dead spent ones and inserts live ones and it loving owns.