Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The bell maiden chime is like a starting pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bloodborne chalice dungeons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaOzvfLG48

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Sucks (or its good) that even stacking an extra 12% against beasts and tons of fire my +6 saw only barely reach the raw output of my +9 burial blade (with its is ridiculous gems)

+% damage to beast/kin gem is bad unless your using them in very specific situations and fire gems are bad too

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah the specific situation was blood starved in loran

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I swear exploring every nook and cranny in this game is awful. The first part up to the second boss - the old hunter that turns into a beast - seems to be rather linear. But now I have like 5 different areas to explore, still have to finish old yarnham, suddenly found a forest with a cave.

That church dude said something about some knowledge in the old forrest, so that sounds interesting. Not sure what to do first.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving watchdog in defiled. Can dodge his charge easily except sometimes he does it immediately following an attack and the warning is lost

Doesn't help he shakes his head for every loving attack

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
all these good new posts by the 'im gay' avatar squad

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

dont make fun of me :(

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

greetings

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I killed the watchdog in defiled and it felt extremely *nerd voice* win

Especially since I was exhausted and said "one more" and that's when it happened

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm thinking about dark souls 2 for ps4 cause I really liked it over dark souls 1 but I think that was because of one thing:

Power stance dual wielding maces was epic

Every boss is the drum break in the air tonight

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I really like combation katana + warped sword - the spin move is too good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Making dual wielding a more fleshed out mechanic is one of the few things DSII emphatically improved over DS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

In Training posted:

Making dual wielding a more fleshed out mechanic is one of the few things DSII emphatically improved over DS

I like enchantment type being separated from enchantment level as well - the spoilery "this upgrade is from +5 but this one is from +10" stuff was bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I like enchantment type being separated from enchantment level as well - the spoilery "this upgrade is from +5 but this one is from +10" stuff was bad.

This sucked in demons, idk how they thought anybody would be able to make an informed decision about leveling their weapons with the 0 indication on how that stuff worked with the boss souls and branching upgrades

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
:poolgirl:

I think I've been too spoiled in bloodborne tho, the weapons and rally system are so good. Total crutches I need

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hiding boss weapons and stuff behind specific upgrades was dumb. dsii did the right thing you just get the boss soul and you can buy the weapon/spell with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

True, but I liked crafting boss weapons, rather than just exchanging tokens. Even though functionally it's identical, I just think it's cooler when a gruff blacksmith tells me I have the item instead of a vendor

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like ds2. it had a lot of good quality of life improvements over ds1, but the world and enemies weren't as compelling. that downside is offset by the expansions. watching people constantly bitch and argue about it in the other forum is infuriating.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
dark souls 2 is good

for me to poop on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the remade ds2 with the new enemy placement and AI and stuff is rly rly good

the NG+ is like a whole new game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i like ds2. it had a lot of good quality of life improvements over ds1, but the world and enemies weren't as compelling. that downside is offset by the expansions. watching people constantly bitch and argue about it in the other forum is infuriating.

ds1 is a lot more memorable in my mind but I played a ton more of ds2 because by my third souls game I had actually gotten somewhat good at it and played the game through NG+5. I think my build got super nerfed when I returned to it though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

STR/FTH with Sunlight Spear and lighting defender great sword shredded like 3 NG cycles.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i would believe dark souls 1 to be a perfect game if they deleted the entire lava section instead of keeping it in a half finished state

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have never not used the covenant shortcut to skip most of that area so I have no idea how bad it really is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You just run over a huge red texture that hurts you for about 5 minutes, walk around a cool looking tower for another 5 minutes and then fight the worst souls boss ever. It sucks that it's like the last thing you do in the game bc it inevitably sours your feel of it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

tfw chikage hunter is at 15% but bae keeps trying to show you pictures on her phone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I have never not used the covenant shortcut to skip most of that area so I have no idea how bad it really is

they had to patch the dragonbutts to do nothing unless you physically touched them (before they all ganged up on you and it was loving horrible lol) and i mean really its just a big empty wasteland and you hear the lava BROARBROARBROARBROARBROAR and its boring but not terrible

bed of chaos is one of the worst video game bosses in any game, ever though and so is Ceaseless

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

they had to patch the dragonbutts to do nothing unless you physically touched them (before they all ganged up on you and it was loving horrible lol) and i mean really its just a big empty wasteland and you hear the lava BROARBROARBROARBROARBROAR and its boring but not terrible

bed of chaos is one of the worst video game bosses in any game, ever though and so is Ceaseless

I remember the easy kill option for ceaseless being simple but I tried doing it today and it wouldn't work

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

I remember the easy kill option for ceaseless being simple but I tried doing it today and it wouldn't work

Did they patch it out? I didn't know there was a non-easy kill way to do it when I first got Dark Souls on release. He just wandered over and died and I had no clue what was going on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got the urge to make a souls boss tier list...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Did they patch it out? I didn't know there was a non-easy kill way to do it when I first got Dark Souls on release. He just wandered over and died and I had no clue what was going on

Same here. It's an awesome fight.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

You just run over a huge red texture that hurts you for about 5 minutes, walk around a cool looking tower for another 5 minutes and then fight the worst souls boss ever. It sucks that it's like the last thing you do in the game bc it inevitably sours your feel of it

i like the rock worms, and i like the chubby lil demon guys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i like the rock worms, and i like the chubby lil demon guys

the round slug dudes who squirm around and shoot extremely weak fire are great

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKeGpcyJM8&t=214s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That series and Brad playing Demons live all the way through are top tier GB vids. Did anybody put together a collection of all the times Brad got griefed by the scraping spear? I figured somebody would have by now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you could trick ceaseless into killing himself by luring him towards the fog gate, he would lunge and try to crush you with his fist and if he missed you he would just fall to his death

the problem is that his fist had the hitbox of the entire game and instakills so you had to time a roll or get lucky, and this trick only works the first time you fight him so if you gently caress up and get killed then you better go buy a bigass fire resistant shield and be ready to just tank him for 5 minutes while taking potshots at his tentacle things

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NickRoweFillea posted:

i think we can all agree that drat near every location in bloodborne kicks rear end for various reasons. i liked cainhurst the most because i listened to this while i was playing there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMcyE5oipUU

i also liked the lecture hall because it raised so many questions. same with the nightmare, and hell, even the hunters dream. more games should strive for the surreal quality that bloodborne displayed so effortlessly

I found it strange that the Lecture hall seemed to be in excellent condition when compared to the dilapidated shithole that is the rest of Yharnam.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What got improved in ds2 with the expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you could trick ceaseless into killing himself by luring him towards the fog gate, he would lunge and try to crush you with his fist and if he missed you he would just fall to his death

the problem is that his fist had the hitbox of the entire game and instakills so you had to time a roll or get lucky, and this trick only works the first time you fight him so if you gently caress up and get killed then you better go buy a bigass fire resistant shield and be ready to just tank him for 5 minutes while taking potshots at his tentacle things

Actually you can still get him to do it, you just have to run back to the corpse that had the item on it and then run back to the fog gate