Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Pews posted:

TLC's Hoarding Buried Alive: FFXIV edition

The best are the two atmas. You know. Just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tenzarin posted:

It is literally the easiest mechanic to learn, Fire3>fire4x3>Bliz3>Bliz4>repeat. OmG 4 buttons!

Is this actually better than F4x2 F1 repeat?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Countblanc posted:

I don't think so. If nothing else, I can't get the timer to work without Leyline up - must need more spell speed or something.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Countblanc posted:

With f4x2>f1>f4x2 you only get one more f4 and cannot fit in anything else in unless lightning procs perfectly for you everytime at the end.

The only time this works IMO is when you have convert and/or sharpcast up. which both at up the first enochian, sharpcast is up for the second, and you can use both of them again for the 3rd enochian refresh(I never remember what the convert CD is, so I figure its 3mins).

This only lets you f3>f4x2>sharpcast>f1>convert>f4>f4>f4>f3. This alone should get you a really high opener. Save insta cast to refresh enochian if you are in a pinch.

With f3>f4x3>b3>b4>L1>repeat, you can actually squeeze in lightning.

TLDR: f3>f4x3>b3>b4, omg blm is hard.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't think so. If nothing else, I can't get the timer to work without Leyline up - must need more spell speed or something.

I never tried it before I had mostly all raid finder alex gear. But I thought fire 4 has a 3 second cast. Mine is a 2.9 second cast so there.s not that big of a difference.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 10, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Is it possible any better control over what you get when fishing like the other two gathering classes or is always going to be double the RNG? First hoping you get the fish you want, then hoping it's HQ so it's actually useful.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tenik posted:

If you need more space, you can store a lot of those things in an armoire, and there are a ton of low level craftable items that you don't need to keep around.

Is there a way to check if something can or can't be stored in the armoire without actually going up to it and seeing if it will let you store it?

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a way to check if something can or can't be stored in the armoire without actually going up to it and seeing if it will let you store it?

It's all i50 artifact armor, achievement rewards and most seasonal gear.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
you cant store augmented artifact armor which is what a majority of my problem is

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it possible any better control over what you get when fishing like the other two gathering classes or is always going to be double the RNG? First hoping you get the fish you want, then hoping it's HQ so it's actually useful.

Yes, in the 50s.

51: Patience: temporary buff for +50% HQ rate at the cost of -40% catch rate
51: Powerful Hookset: used in place of Hook, negating Patience's decreased catch rate on a normal or big tug
56: Precision Hookset: used in place of Hook, negating Patience's decreased catch rate on a tiny tug
60: Patience II: temporary buff for +80% HQ rate and increased chance of catching larger fish, at the cost of -75% catch rate

All of these cost GP. General idea is that you catch fewer fish but the ones you catch are more often HQ (to a moderate degree with Patience 1 or an extreme degree with Patience 2), or you can avoid the penalty by spending even more GP on each individual fish you hook.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:mediocre:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i have another retainer with 175 items but i let my additional retainer sub lapse and i havent refreshed it

mostly because its nothing but relics and more atma

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i'm actually cringing irl

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

My retainers are a disaster too but in my defense I actually use a bunch of the stuff and have been cleaning things out and using it for levelling desynth and hoarding GC seals for when I need a fuckton of them.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

SirPhoebos posted:

Of course I have my free retainers

Besides, I sort of want to see the other starting MSQs anyway, so the extra inventory space is another benefit.

I;m both upset and impressed that SE charges a per month fee for additional retainers. They certainly know what players really value.

If I am not mistaken, you can't send mail stuff to yourself since whoever you mail stuff to, has to be on your friends list. And both players need to be online in order to send/accept a friend request.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

bonewitch posted:

i'm actually cringing irl

lol if you don't save a veritable mountain of glamour items for any need. git gud at the real endgame, scrub

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Etrips posted:

If I am not mistaken, you can't send mail stuff to yourself since whoever you mail stuff to, has to be on your friends list. And both players need to be online in order to send/accept a friend request.

Well so much for that idea :negative:

EDIT: I did Ultima's Bane Saturday and I hope we get something like that for Thordan

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 10, 2015

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

What do I have to do to make my inventory look like that rather than only seeing one page at a time?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vadoc posted:

What do I have to do to make my inventory look like that rather than only seeing one page at a time?

System -> Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Character -> Inventory Settings -> Inventory Interface/Retainer Inventory Interface -> Expanded.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Vadoc posted:

Character Customization >Control Settings Tab (Left side) > Character Tab (Top side) > "Inventory Settings" > Change from Normal to Expanded

e;fb

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Just emptyquote this every page so newbies won't be misinformed by the extremely weak but constant trolling attempts

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sometimes you just want to glamour all of your classes to the same gear with different dyes like some sort of sentai commoner.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

This brought tears to my eyes. Hahaha.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I'm really boring and pretty much settled on my glamours months ago. Bard has kirimu coat, tanks get full HA, SCH is the deer pvp set. Nothing else is played enough to really put much thought into the glams.

Its me, i'm the scrublord :smith:

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

sword_man.gif posted:

why are you playing an mmorpg if you hate playing with groups

It's less of I hate playing in groups, more of I hate being forced to do it to do basic progression. When I play online games I like to drink too and unfortunately I was the one who started playing the healer class thinking that crap wouldn't matter until cap like every other game in the last decade..This didn't work so well when I got to those dungeons/trials the last time round, and leves pretty much brick walled in terms of how many they take to do already when I left.

In short, yes I am dumb. :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The shitpost king Belzac is dead, long live the shitpost king Tenzarin.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

System -> Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Character -> Inventory Settings -> Inventory Interface/Retainer Inventory Interface -> Expanded.

Damnit I never saw that..thank you.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lord Psychodin posted:

It's less of I hate playing in groups, more of I hate being forced to do it to do basic progression. When I play online games I like to drink too and unfortunately I was the one who started playing the healer class thinking that crap wouldn't matter until cap like every other game in the last decade..This didn't work so well when I got to those dungeons/trials the last time round, and leves pretty much brick walled in terms of how many they take to do already when I left.

In short, yes I am dumb. :(

Wait you're playing a healer and you're complaining about mandatory dungeons? :psyduck:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
At least Belzac is good at the video game

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

The shitpost king Belzac is dead, long live the shitpost king Tenzarin.

Doublestep posted:

At least Belzac is good at the video game

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BLM is easy mode. You don't even try to explain why 4 f4 is better than just 3 f4 with lightning.

BLM is the most secret and spergin dps of them all our rotations take weeks to master.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 10, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

BLM is easy mode. You don't even try to explain why 4 f4 is better than just 3 f4 with lightning.

BLM is the most secret and spergin dps of them all our rotations take weeks to master.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010

Verranicus posted:

WHat makes it inferior to WoW, in your opinion? The only thing I see other former WoW people complain about is the higher GCD, which is a matter of personal preference.

As someone who came over to this from WoW recently, I like the longer GCD, but feel like there are, comparatively, too many skills to juggle. Maybe this is just a Dragoon thing, but between my two three button combos, my bleed, my damage boost, offensive cooldowns, different jumps, and AoE abilities, that's a lot of buttons to press with only so many keys in easy reach.

Unless I'm just a scrub and am missing something fundamental (this is very possible).

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
WoW did go through 2 skills squashes, 1 with Pandaland and another with WoD. If anything you need to look how you are binding keys. What buttons do you use? I think multiple people have said 30ish keys bound is enough.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

WoW did go through 2 skills squashes, 1 with Pandaland and another with WoD. If anything you need to look how you are binding keys. What buttons do you use? I think multiple people have said 30ish keys bound is enough.

I made it 10 years in WoW with the number line, Alt + 1-5, the number pad for noncombat actions, and the two side buttons on my mouse. FF14 has me adding in the R, F, Z, and X keys, and I'm not even at 60 yet. :saddowns:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Don't forget about using ctrl or shift if you can and you can make use of 2 more sets of buttons. Alt is the worst key for me, my pinky can do ctrl and shift but the thumb is solely for jumping.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I just use 1-6/7, shift 1-5 (mainly for Ninjutsu) and click everything else. Then again I'm weird and use mouse camera control and QWES to move around.

The only thing I lack space for is a bunch of macros but macros are for scrubs (and telling people you're using something.)

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm torn on what to level next now that DRG is finished. I kinda wanna level another ranged DPS, since SMN is my only one currently and I'm generally kind of 'ehn' on it right now, so I've got it down to either BLM or MCH. Probably BLM; that's what I would have originally taken to 60 instead of SMN but complaints about Enochian scared me off at the time.

Anyway, how hard is Enochian and BLMing at 60, really, especially if I'm already used to managing (and losing :() GL3 and BotD? Does it ultimately boil down to a set rotation like DRG does or is it kinda fiddly?

If you're already comfortable with losing GL3 and dropping BotD, losing Enochian should feel familiar to you. I wouldn't call it difficult, exactly, but it's not really fun to me. Maybe it's silly, but I think things like Firestarter, Dreadwyrm Trance, Deathflare, and Fell Cleave are fun buttons to hit. Enochian is anti-fun - you don't get that same thrill from pressing a big damage button, but when it falls off it sure does suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

How do I upgrade the Law/Esoteric weapons?

• Locked thread