Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried acrylic paint and it wasn't giving me the smoothness or consistency I was hoping for. it's not a big deal, I just wanted to paint the end rings of those gray circle pieces white and decided it was unnecessary anyways.

I ended up making my own stickers though with name tags/markers and an xacto knife which worked fantastic and I will be doing again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I saw a stormtropper polybag with nothing but a stormtrooper for 4 euros here in toysrus. I thought lego wasn't allowed to do only figures.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

I saw a stormtropper polybag with nothing but a stormtrooper for 4 euros here in toysrus. I thought lego wasn't allowed to do only figures.

That would be the stormtrooper seargent. I was thinking of buying it. Polybags are an exception afaik.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I picked up 34 polybags at a car boot sale for £20 on Sunday. All 2011-2012 period. Only a couple of doubles in the whole lot. I'll snap a pic at some point.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Turns out TRU is stocking Big Bang Theory for MSRP. They had 4 left after I grabbed one.

They're also clearancing some of the prior wave of Chima and Lego Fusion is significantly discounted: $21, down from $35 MSRP. Local store only had the Friends and Castle ones left.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Pyroclastic posted:

Turns out TRU is stocking Big Bang Theory for MSRP. They had 4 left after I grabbed one.

They're also clearancing some of the prior wave of Chima and Lego Fusion is significantly discounted: $21, down from $35 MSRP. Local store only had the Friends and Castle ones left.

I was in a Lego store north of Seattle a few days ago and they still had 30+ Big Bang Theory. I don't think it's flying off of shelves too fast, unlike the Mystery Machine.

I picked up a couple of those Lego Fusion sets a month or so ago when the Lego Shop online was selling them for $5/ea, which I'm assuming was a closeout. Pretty nice selection of parts, at $21 its definitely more palatable than MSRP.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My thought is Lego are watching how the BBT set sells to determine if they do the Golden Girls set or not. Buy it! I need my girls!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
My TRU and Lego Store had no Mystery Machines. Probably for the best, I'm out of room, but I love iconic-vehicle-Lego.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

$60 is a lot for that BBT set.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
7 one-off licensed minifigures will do that to a set.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

A surprising number of parts in unique colors too.
http://brickset.com/inventories/21302-1

Is that mini figure trophy really unique to this set? Or is it just unique because it's not painted?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those are microfigures like the ones that come with the helicarrier. They just aren't painted.

It looks to me like they are supposed to be action figures on the shelf.

It's too bad that show blows so much, I like the set.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

:getin:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Wow by comparison the wing on the old one are something out of Classic Space.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the engines on the old one better though.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

NESguerilla posted:

I like the engines on the old one better though.

The intakes or the light bricks?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The intakes. Everything else looks much cooler on the new one.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Started working on this last night, have a ways to go and this photo isn't a great angle but hopefully it'll look somewhat recognizable when I'm done this weekend:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Snake didn't have an eyepatch in Shadow Moses. :colbert:

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

The intakes. Everything else looks much cooler on the new one.

Those intakes have a huge RCS. You can really tell which one is Fifth GenerationTM. :smug: There's no smug-lockheed-martin-executive emote.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I would love to figure out what makes Lego sometimes ship out the free bonus set in its own box.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

smackfu posted:

I would love to figure out what makes Lego sometimes ship out the free bonus set in its own box.

They probably have a deal with UPS where they pay a flat yearly rate to ship X number of truck worth of domestic boxes, no matter the weight, every day. So if they have an empty spot on a truck that day, better to ship something than nothing since they are already paying for the spot. And because if the day they'll ship your other stuff once it is in stock, it might be a day they are over their X number of trucks and need to be delayed to the next day for shipping.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
For those of you looking for one, it looks like the Mystery Machines are just now hitting retail, I'm seeing them all over the place. Also, isn't the MM the first actual van we've see in a long time?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Anora posted:

For those of you looking for one, it looks like the Mystery Machines are just now hitting retail, I'm seeing them all over the place. Also, isn't the MM the first actual van we've see in a long time?

It's a really great little build! I'm *so* much happier with the Mystery Machine than the godawful Party Wagon from the first wave of TMNT sets.

Way too many stickers, though.

Edit: It'd actually work great, with a little bit of work, for a Party Wagon custom build. Hmm.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Amazon US has some of the Dimensions sets up for preorder. I placed mine for the 3 ghostbusters sets. I couldn't pass up the minifigs, but I'm not gonna buy the game. I'd trade or sell the pieces that unlock the levels if anybody is interested when the time comes.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

deoju posted:

Amazon US has some of the Dimensions sets up for preorder. I placed mine for the 3 ghostbusters sets. I couldn't pass up the minifigs, but I'm not gonna buy the game. I'd trade or sell the pieces that unlock the levels if anybody is interested when the time comes.

Man, I really wish I knew if they'd be 'limited supply' like Amiibos are. Is the Portal pack going to sell out and be impossible to find for less than 2x retail? Or will I be able to wait for BOGO sales and pick them up at my leisure? Because I want them all, and it's going to cost a goddamn fortune.

$100 for the game
9 $25-30 level packs for ~$270
25 $15 'fun packs' for $375

That's nearly $750 for the 'complete' game, and that's assuming this isn't just 'wave one' and my search results on Amazon were complete.

I can probably skip the Chima and Ninjago fun packs, and some of the DC ones...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm going to skip all of them, because it seems like a huge predatory ripoff.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Finally picked up The Mystery Machine and couldn't resist making a few subtle changes.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

Finally picked up The Mystery Machine and couldn't resist making a few subtle changes.

Ha, that's great!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AllisonByProxy posted:

Zoinks!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm going to skip all of them, because it seems like a huge predatory ripoff.

I have no interest in the game, so I'm not going to buy any of the pieces because they're priced for the game. Plus I know if I buy a couple of them I'll end up buying all of them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm going to see what prices the Venkman/Doc Brown hairpieces go for on Bricklink before I think about buying them. It helps that I think the Slimer figure looks like poo poo too.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I have no interest in the game, but hell if I was going to risk missing out on a goddamn Stay Puft minifigure.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I just saw this on Facebook. September 1, $49.95, 49.95 euros.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Does he open up?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Of course!

677 pieces. It's a drat good deal too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm pretty excited for that thing. It's borderline perfect looking. Also, from something that I love which I can't say about most licensed Lego other than Star Wars.

E: Wish he had the lunch box though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 14, 2015

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
So images of the new Star Wars sets have all leaked.

http://imgur.com/a/OECFv

Maybe the Falcon looks decent... can give the others a miss. As someone pointed out, BB-8's body is the same mold as the new Halloween pumpkin coming in the new wave of Collectable Minifigs.

Prices (from Eurobricks):

75099 Rey's Speeder - 193 pieces - £19.99, €26.99, $19.99
75100 First Order Snowspeeder - 444 pieces - £39.99, €49.99, $39.99
75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - 517 pieces - £59.99, €69.99, $69.99
75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - 717 pieces - £69.99, €89.99, $79.99
75103 First Order Transporter - 792 pieces - £79.99, €99.99, $89.99
75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - 1004 pieces - £99.99, €119.99, $119.99
75105 Millennium Falcon - 1332 pieces - £129.99, €149.99, $149.99

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I do like the detail on that Falcon... the inside will be the deciding factor on that one for me. I am pretty happy with the current version.

Yeah the rest of it is pretty boring looking. I feel like stuff should be more different looking 30 years on. "Oh let's slap some black paint on our most iconic ships and call it a day," the New Republic and Imperial Remnant say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
All of the new First Order ships look incredibly boring.