Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Saintonan please tell me you're as hyped for this series as I am.

+ it's a little amplified because there's a very real chance this is Alex Ransom's farewell tour with Salem when he was the first guy I drafted after taking over this franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Sadly I lose all tiebreakers that don't involve Buffalo, so I have to finish ahead of both you and Anaheim. Makes it more of a longshot to make the playoffs, but 90 wins isn't a bad season. Should be a fun next couple of days.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

saintonan posted:

Sadly I lose all tiebreakers that don't involve Buffalo, so I have to finish ahead of both you and Anaheim. Makes it more of a longshot to make the playoffs, but 90 wins isn't a bad season. Should be a fun next couple of days.

The head-to head is 4-3 between us right now so you can still have the tiebreaker there

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

This is great.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Atheistdeals.com posted:

This is great.

Spirits-Beavers WS would be cool, imo.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

The head-to head is 4-3 between us right now so you can still have the tiebreaker there

Only if I sweep you, in which case I'm probably finishing ahead of you. If we end up 5-5 and we end up tied at the end, you'll have a better division record, which is the second tiebreaker.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
We still have a real, albeit slim, chance at a 5-way tie for both NL WC spots. Make it happen, guys.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Atheistdeals.com posted:

This is great.

As a friendly reminder, I haven't been able to win this division without winning at least 112 games.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

What a way to end the season. A 30 day tendinitis injury to Braulio Canseco that sets his development back a bit :(

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

We still have a real, albeit slim, chance at a 5-way tie for both NL WC spots. Make it happen, guys.

welp I ruined it

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

gardenald posted:

Dear my team,
Try harder next season you fartsacks
Love, me

There's still a chance for a tie if you win out and I lose out.

And my team seems to on pace to fulfill that second part.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Pulse sure picked a good time to get hot.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
My team is skidding into the playoffs, but I've been resting everyone to make sure all my starters are at 100%. Here's to hoping that fake baseball momentum isn't a thing.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

This season's Salem team is awesome at making a run to get right on the cusp of the playoffs and then making GBS threads their pants and going on like a 6 game loss streak

Power of Pecota posted:

This season's Salem team is awesome at making a run to get right on the cusp of the playoffs and then making GBS threads their pants and going on like a 6 game loss streak

Power of Pecota posted:

Power of Pecota posted:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

never really panned out for me but it's been fun

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

chutwig posted:

never really panned out for me but it's been fun

:cry:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Isaac Sanders is pretty awesome too

See, I didn't say anything about Terrence Weinhardt this time. See.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Well. That happened. Glad I have the chance to rest a few guys. I think there was like an 11% chance of that happening.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Getting swept by this poo poo garbage Vancouver team is maximum HBD bullshit on top of endless HBD bullshit in Mordecai and I am very frustrated right now.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
And that's the last AL playoff spot wrapped up. Good luck Tavarin

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

gardenald posted:

And that's the last AL playoff spot wrapped up. Good luck Tavarin

Thanks, I'm not expecting much the way we have played, but its nice to get to the playoffs for once.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Capt Murphy posted:

Getting swept by this poo poo garbage Vancouver team is maximum HBD bullshit on top of endless HBD bullshit in Mordecai and I am very frustrated right now.

:sympathy:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Tucson hasn't logged in for four days. He probably doesn't even know he's going to get a playoff spot.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Gonna make it that much better when he wins his first two series :unsmigghh:

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How many people are leaving next season?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Who is ready to lose to a 60 win playoff team? I am!

Then Nasboat will lose to them as well.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

We really need an all sub-.500 WS and I am totally willing to fall by the wayside if it were to happen.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Terp I need you to throw your last game so I'm guaranteed a protected pick next season TIA

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I will burn these playoffs down on my way out :clint:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

Terp I need you to throw your last game so I'm guaranteed a protected pick next season TIA

Thanks Terp now I can sign all the Type As

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like Weinhardt got totally robbed in the MVP race.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So here is my offense for the season. I can't wait to get a real SS and CF to make the a real powerhouse. Santo Park was a good pickup, Tony Feliz did pretty well for a rookie, Isaac Sanders was pretty good, and Weinhardt was awesome. Sadly, Yasiel took a huge step back this year, but at least he can get on base pretty well.

Not even going to bother showing the shitshow that was my pitching :v:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Heinie Laker ended up with a 4.20 ERA but sadly his record was 7-8

e: also a 4.20 BB/9

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Can I just attach Cliff Burnett's player page to every FA contract offer I send out to hitters

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

You need a CF, Art? I remember trying to trade people Alan Hayes for like 2 seasons. He only hit 41HR and drove in 102RBI.

Abernathy missed over a month, or he'd have even better numbers. This is what I hope to run out for the next 10ish seasons. :black101:

This is how it feels to make the playoffs:

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 11, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm too lazy to double-check this, but I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th team in world history to miss the playoffs with 93 or more wins. I remember this because I looked it up in S23 when my 93-win team missed the playoffs.

Salem next season is going to be some end of The Wild Bunch poo poo.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'm more amazed that your team isn't a 100-win team every season.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm too lazy to double-check this, but I'm pretty sure this is like the 5th team in world history to miss the playoffs with 93 or more wins. I remember this because I looked it up in S23 when my 93-win team missed the playoffs.

Salem next season is going to be some end of The Wild Bunch poo poo.

I missed two years ago with 93 wins. I'm pretty sure when Jeff and Scotos were good some teams for left out too.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
This season didn't go as I hoped going into it but I'm largely happy with how everything panned out. As constructed that team was going to be stuck as a second place team in a bad division with no real money budging room so I'm happy to retool and get some nice close to the majors talent in Zornes and Bolton. Here's to another good year next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
91 wins and last place and I can't even be mad because this is the place I expected to end up in

• Locked thread