Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

And I'm so bad with the AK holy poo poo I just can't get it. M4A4 and S, I got, SG, oh yeah, AK? poo poo total poo poo.
Don't shoot when move, don't shoot more than a few bullets at once unless you understand what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

kalstrams posted:

Don't shoot when move, don't shoot more than a few bullets at once unless you understand what's up.

This works for me on M4s and SGs but on AK my bullets just go flying in every direction like a drunk gun.

Edit: here's a vid of me trying https://youtu.be/_Mo9-rQVTDA

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 11, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

This works for me on M4s and SGs but on AK my bullets just go flying in every direction like a drunk gun.
Oh, do you pull your crosshair down a bit to compensate on longer bursts?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Turn force feedback/vibration off on your mouse, it fucks with your aim like crazy using the AK

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

lol

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
You gotta pull the mouse down, left, right, left, left, left, left, down, more down, up, left, right, down, left left left right down up up up and down to control a spray like that, just keep working on it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

But you got a kill there, no? :confused:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

kalstrams posted:

But you got a kill there, no? :confused:

No everyone died from embarrassment. That was from a while ago. I got a cartel and now my shooting's a little better.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Carol Pizzamom posted:

There isn't really an awful choice with smgs... But I'd say the mp7 and UMP are the best.. As for being overpowered, the fiveseven is still preposterously strong (IMO more so than the tec9), and so is the CZ if you know how to use it, but the main thing that's overpowered is still deathmatching a lot.

e: if you roll witht he mp7 shoot some walls to figure out the diagonal bursting. You have to go down and to the left to compensate for its up/right recoil as opposed to the UMP which is similar to an AK burst.

Agree on the UMP, but the MP7's overrated, it's just like a FAMAS but worse imho. MP9 is ridiculously good with great running accuracy and a tighter recoil pattern than :nws:. The MAC's great for the price, esp. on anti-ecos and I'll sometimes even find myself bringing it even after the enemy team does their 4th round buy. Really though, in most cases anti-ecos the only reason to buy a SMG over a 5-7/TEC-9.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UMP can come in quite handy of force buys, I think. Incredibly easy to control, 2 hit kill on a helmet. I mean, you probably can do as good with Deagle or TEC-9, but I'm poo poo at either of those, despite the whole 'just mash mouse if you buy TEC-9' business.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I find the UMP has some really solid first shot accuracy, I find myself landing headshots with it that I can't see any other SMG hitting reliably. Given the price I think it really does fill the void the MP5 left behind rather well. SMGs in general really are weapons that demand tighter spaces to be at their best, trying to outshoot someone with a rifle usually does not end well.

If you don't like running out of ammo you can run and gun with the P90 or the Bizon, they will force you to learn how to compensate for recoil very quickly though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bison, unfortunately, has no place other than straight after pistol rounds, you could as well pelt enemy team with stones once they get armour.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

kalstrams posted:

Bison, unfortunately, has no place other than straight after pistol rounds, you could as well pelt enemy team with stones once they get armour.

this.

And yeah you guys are right on the UMP for force buys, but the price difference is punishing. If you go for the UMP you had drat well better get a frag.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

yeah you're pulling down way too hard

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
^^^ He's doing fine dude get good son

I never actually get anything other than the ump... If you're good with it, you can get a scout, if you're holding the right spot for it you can get a mag-7.. Everything else seems kind of 'suboptimal' at this point below buying a rifle and above the argent glory of our land the Deagle.

In other things, Valve announced that for DotA 2 they're going to have a consistent 4 Majors per year, 1 being the international, with of course in game stuff you can buy to fund it. My question is, how many Majors do we actually get in CS? I've been playing since this year, and have only seen one (I think), and I feel like the items that fund the prize pool which if I understand correctly are team stickers are not anywhere as cool or as interesting as DotA 2's compendiums

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I never actually get anything other than the ump... If you're good with it, you can get a scout, if you're holding the right spot for it you can get a mag-7.. Everything else seems kind of 'suboptimal' at this point below buying a rifle and above the argent glory of our land the Deagle.

In other things, Valve announced that for DotA 2 they're going to have a consistent 4 Majors per year, 1 being the international, with of course in game stuff you can buy to fund it. My question is, how many Majors do we actually get in CS? I've been playing since this year, and have only seen one (I think), and I feel like the items that fund the prize pool which if I understand correctly are team stickers are not anywhere as cool or as interesting as DotA 2's compendiums

Win pistol round as CT on Inferno, hold banana with an mp7, if they rush banana you will suddenly understand the magic of the mp7

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

ComradePyro posted:

Win pistol round as CT on Inferno, hold banana with an mp7, if they rush banana you will suddenly understand the magic of the mp7

I don't queue for inferno because I'm bad at this game

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Cologne and Katowice are big.

And mag-7 is great basically everywhere. Just stand around a corner and wait for people to peek your shotgun.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

ComradePyro posted:

Win pistol round as CT on Inferno, hold banana with a SMG, if they rush banana you will suddenly understand the magic of the SMG.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
well duh, that's why I picked the best smg for the example

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

ComradePyro posted:

well duh, that's why I picked the best smg for the example

the cz?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Method wins 2 maps. SKDC wins 2 maps. SKDC gets to a 15-8 lead and winds up in OT.

I don't know what's happening.

Edit: terrible awp shots lost it for skdc

And just as I say that a ninja defuse.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 11, 2015

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Method wins 2 maps. SKDC wins 2 maps. SKDC gets to a 15-8 lead and winds up in OT.

I don't know what's happening.

Edit: terrible awp shots lost it for skdc

And just as I say that a ninja defuse.

This BO5 is nuts. It started almost 5 hours ago.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Thorgot posted:

This BO5 is nuts. It started almost 5 hours ago.

Stewie runs out of cover with a flash out for some reason.

Double OT wowie.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I just tuned in and wow, this is nuts. Stewie with the 40k as well.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
SKDC clutching defeat from the jaws of victory so hard.

Edit: 15-8. Get 3-2 on the first half of the first OT. 0-6 on the last one. Good job.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 11, 2015

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Carol Pizzamom posted:

DHW, Katowice, and Cologne were all "Majors" last year, with a 250k pool. I remember reading somewhere that valve was supplying 1 million of prize money for 2015, implying 4 majors, but right now it looks like 3.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Suran37 posted:

Cloud9 is grouped with Mouse and VP for ESL Cologne. Hold onto your butts! Interested to see how this lower bracket reseed thing is going to work.

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/cologne-2015/news/announcing-the-esl-one-cologne-groups/

Uh I haven't followed CSGO at all for the last few months but I'm going to ESL in two weeks and how the gently caress are Penta not playing in their own drat country?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Mouz poached 3 of their 5 players and as such inherited their "legends" spot

It sucks for Penta, but Mouz are a better team and should do pretty well

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Well that explains it, thanks. Has there been any news re:stickers or those map badges they sold at the last major?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Normally they come out a few days before the major starts

The promise of Renegades (cowboy) stickers got me wondering what happened to the alt Deagle revolver that people found images of, did anything more come from that? I think it happened a year+ ago so it's probably dead :(

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Lacedaemonius posted:

Agree on the UMP, but the MP7's overrated, it's just like a FAMAS but worse imho. MP9 is ridiculously good with great running accuracy and a tighter recoil pattern than :nws:. The MAC's great for the price, esp. on anti-ecos and I'll sometimes even find myself bringing it even after the enemy team does their 4th round buy. Really though, in most cases anti-ecos the only reason to buy a SMG over a 5-7/TEC-9.

bad news im afraid, nothing is worse than a famas

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Apparently the teams pocketed $1.5 million from Katowice. Pretty funny to see the prize pool be just a sixth of that.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Remember the time a manager ran off with their team's (cph wolves?) sticker money? :allears:

I wonder what the legend/challenger split was

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Smol posted:

Apparently the teams pocketed $1.5 million from Katowice. Pretty funny to see the prize pool be just a sixth of that.

They're going to let us buy stickers to fund the prize pool, but I think something like a compendium or a special operation just for the major would be more ideal. Maybe both in one item?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

They're going to let us buy stickers to fund the prize pool, but I think something like a compendium or a special operation just for the major would be more ideal. Maybe both in one item?

With a little fine tuning I think that could be a great idea.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I guess we'll just have to see, I think Cologne is the biggest one but so far we haven't had anything besides stickers and Pick 'Em. Well, and souvenir cases, who's feeling down for some Train Souvenirs? :v:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This new FACEIT pro league could be really cool. If it takes off, we'd essentially be seeing a lot of EU pro 10 mans.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Ok I bought a mechanical keyboard, I'll take my global now please. Incidentally this thing feels weird as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

prom candy posted:

Ok I bought a mechanical keyboard, I'll take my global now please. Incidentally this thing feels weird as gently caress.

what rank are you right now?

• Locked thread