Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

ibntumart posted:

Well, if she didn't share all her awesome saintly activities, she wouldn't get folks writing articles about how great she is!

edit: Haha, holy crap, this has to be a parody account.

SHE ATE WITH A BLACK PERSON!!!!!!

Jesus, how the gently caress does that make you "the nicest" anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Some oval office posted:

These jerks followed me for half a mile, laughing me and telling me to "Go ahead and bike real hard so that I can get a man to bang me," (I'm married, joke's on them), and that I should stop subjecting the world to such a horror of a sight (I wasn't wearing anything revealing or anything, quite the opposite). They continued to call me fat and other special words that were used to the same effect while laughing and tailing me and telling me I couldn't last another 10 feet without having a heart attack.

I sped up, got around the corner, lost them, and was so pissed that I got an awesome second wind and biked 3 additional miles, bringing me to 8 total.

Now that I'm home, I really do feel bad about what they said (I am heavy still, I am working to change my health but I'm not a small girl), but in the moment, I'm glad I proved them wrong :D

TL;DR - people are assholes and I'm really sore now from proving them wrong

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Outran a car on a bike? Must the same person as in this one:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RabbitWizard posted:

Why do people insist on doubling-down with obvious lies? Their "conviction" is not going to make me re-examine my stance of "you're a loving liar."

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Non Serviam posted:

SHE ATE WITH A BLACK PERSON!!!!!!

Jesus, how the gently caress does that make you "the nicest" anything.

The fact that she's constantly TELLING others how nice she is is itself really bad etiquette and not nice at all. Your actions should speak for themselves, not be trotted out for Facebook likes.

Ugh, I used to work with a woman like that. She was a shrieking harpy that no one wanted to interact with unless absolutely necessary, and every story she told went directly up her own rear end in a top hat. I remember one in particular, she and her husband were at a restaurant, and she "befriended" the Mexican busboy, which I took to mean annoyed him while he was trying to do his job. I guess he told her his family was back in Mexico and she felt so sorry for him she slipped him a twenty. According to her, he was so grateful he CRIED, and told her over and over what a good person she was. The story ended with her husband telling her she was a saint, and how she just can't help giving people the shirt off her back. We, her coworkers, had to try really hard not to roll our eyes straight out of our heads, as the only evidence of her not being a petty, vindictive rear end in a top hat invariably came from her own mouth.

Not saying Brooke here is like that, of course, she may be a lovely person. But niceness is up to those around you to decide, not for you to declare.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

ibntumart posted:

Well, if she didn't share all her awesome saintly activities, she wouldn't get folks writing articles about how great she is!

edit: Haha, holy crap, this has to be a parody account.

She's like the female DJ Kaled

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
The size of your dick, your talent, your kindness: 3 things that should speak for themselves.

mediocre dad okay
Jan 9, 2007

The fascist don't like life then he break other's
BEAT BEAT THE FASCIST

RabbitWizard posted:

I love that last comment. Someone should tell Usain Bolt that the secret to running is to NOT train for a while and let your "adrenaline and excitement" do the work.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also apparently being small helps because...???

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Also apparently being small helps because...???
Also not eating. That helps with having energy.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I think I posted it the first time this came around, but my favorite part is that even taking red at face value, they apparently just got up, ran incredibly fast for no particular reason, and sat down again. There's not even the slightest pretense of having started a new fitness regimen or something. They just felt like running once, very fast, and then stopping for good.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

effervescible posted:

I think I posted it the first time this came around, but my favorite part is that even taking red at face value, they apparently just got up, ran incredibly fast for no particular reason, and sat down again. There's not even the slightest pretense of having started a new fitness regimen or something. They just felt like running once, very fast, and then stopping for good.

Well, once you've broken the world record is there really a need to do it again?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Testekill posted:

That girl... is inhuman.

She literally isn't human, she's like Jesus personified.

Jesus didn't have cleavage. Just sayin'

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Samizdata posted:

Jesus didn't have cleavage. Just sayin'

You weren't there. You have no way of knowing this.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Lol 8 miles on a bike is like literally nothing.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

It's better than just sitting on a sofa watching TV.

Edit: what it if was up hill both ways?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Aleph Null posted:

It's better than just sitting on a sofa watching TV.

Edit: what it if was up hill both ways?

uphill yeah if it's steep, but they also said they "outran" some guys in a car, so they have both a very high and very low opinion of their bicycle skills

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Yeah I'll do little 8 mile rides when I have an hour to kill (including getting my bike clothes on, doing the ride, and showering after), there's nothing wrong with it. I think you'd have to be really out of shape for it to be a big accomplishment but everyone has to start somewhere.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Where are you getting 8 miles from? It just says 3 more than intended. Is there more to it in the imgur description?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

prom candy posted:

Yeah I'll do little 8 mile rides when I have an hour to kill

Look at mr loving world record holder ovah here

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Master Twig posted:

Where are you getting 8 miles from? It just says 3 more than intended. Is there more to it in the imgur description?

Just scroll up to the original post you ninny

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Grilox posted:

Just scroll up to the original post you ninny

I missed that line. I guess I'm a dumb idiot then. Yes, 8 miles is nothing.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Kulebri posted:

I love that last comment. Someone should tell Usain Bolt that the secret to running is to NOT train for a while and let your "adrenaline and excitement" do the work.

That's pretty much his regimen already

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

You weren't there. You have no way of knowing this.

Prove Jesus did.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What if she did it in 16 minutes?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Paladinus posted:

What if she did it in 16 minutes?

Or 8? DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Honestly it's hard to fault someone for at least going out and exercising (even if it's "just" 8 bike miles) - some people don't even do that.

That said,

quote:

I sped up, got around the corner, lost them, and was so pissed that I got an awesome second wind and biked 3 additional miles, bringing me to 8 total.
You... lost them around a corner, suggesting they probably just kept going straight after that? :monocle: I don't know why but the way I read it made it sound like some spy action film but in reality they just kept biking and biked some extra.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
(I am getting ready to go out on the floor at the retail store I work at, and one of the managers on duty randomly tells me that he had a weird dream where I was controlling Cthulhu to attack him to make him give me time off. He, like me, is also a giant gamer nerd. I think that is a rather opportune moment to pull out of my tiny purse the tiny Cthulhu mini that I got at a recent convention, and trot one on the table towards him… saying:)

Me: *in Cthulhu voice* “[My Name] tells me that you don’t want to let her off of work tomorrow for her sister’s wedding shower. Cthulhu compels you!”

Manager On Duty: *bursts into laughter* “How… do you have him in your purse? What the h***?”

Me: “I am magic… and also impressed with your obviously clairvoyant powers.”

(Suddenly randomly one of our other coworkers, who I figured thought we were both insane, pops out with:)

Coworker: “Well, the Dark Lord has spoken; you have to let her have the day off tomorrow.”

Manager On Duty: “Fine… but I need you to work recovery next week.”

Me: “Very good. The Dark Lord is pleased.” *puts mini Cthulhu back in my purse and starts my shift*

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr6aHi98iGI

This has popped up a few times on my FB feed today.

It just comes off so scripted and inhuman. And the religious undertones make this all feel like an anti-abortion ad. If I am wrong, I'm sorry. But if they faked a miscarriage just for internet hits.... Well I only know one other person who would use a miscarriage for internet fame. B^U

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

York_M_Chan posted:

It just comes off so scripted and inhuman. And the religious undertones make this all feel like an anti-abortion ad. If I am wrong, I'm sorry. But if they faked a miscarriage just for internet hits.... Well I only know one other person who would use a miscarriage for internet fame. B^U

You can check other videos on their channel, so they're legit. They are just typical youtube vloggers with a damaged understanding of private life who feel that they must share everything with their viewers.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ibntumart posted:

Even more fun if her daughter does the previous verses!

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not Sean, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not Sean, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not Sean, I gain nothing.

"But Mom, with Sean it's more like Ezekiel 23:19-21"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Paladinus posted:

You can check other videos on their channel, so they're legit. They are just typical youtube vloggers with a damaged understanding of private life who feel that they must share everything with their viewers.

I feel the reaction is more genuine when they don't carefully pose, light, and edit the video. But hey, that's just me.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

(I am getting ready to go out on the floor at the retail store I work at, and one of the managers on duty randomly tells me that he had a weird dream where I was controlling Cthulhu to attack him to make him give me time off. He, like me, is also a giant gamer nerd. I think that is a rather opportune moment to pull out of my tiny purse the tiny Cthulhu mini that I got at a recent convention, and trot one on the table towards him… saying:)

Me: *in Cthulhu voice* “[My Name] tells me that you don’t want to let her off of work tomorrow for her sister’s wedding shower. Cthulhu compels you!”

Manager On Duty: *bursts into laughter* “How… do you have him in your purse? What the h***?”

Me: “I am magic… and also impressed with your obviously clairvoyant powers.”

(Suddenly randomly one of our other coworkers, who I figured thought we were both insane, pops out with:)

Coworker: “Well, the Dark Lord has spoken; you have to let her have the day off tomorrow.”

Manager On Duty: “Fine… but I need you to work recovery next week.”

Me: “Very good. The Dark Lord is pleased.” *puts mini Cthulhu back in my purse and starts my shift*

Goddamn, some people have a weird way of trying to look cool.

"I referenced an overused dorky-as-gently caress Internet meme not only in public but at my place of employment. You wish you were as awesome as me"

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

"But Mom, with Sean it's more like Ezekiel 23:19-21"

"And you will know my name is SEAN, when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

York_M_Chan posted:

That original video creeped me out. Dude went rifling through the toilet after his wife pissed in it and then told her she was pregnant, in front of their kids, way before the first trimester was even over. While he was filming it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Goddamn, some people have a weird way of trying to look cool.

"I referenced an overused dorky-as-gently caress Internet meme not only in public but at my place of employment. You wish you were as awesome as me"

Cthulhu is a lot older than the internet, heretical scum!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PUGGERNAUT posted:

That original video creeped me out. Dude went rifling through the toilet after his wife pissed in it and then told her she was pregnant, in front of their kids, way before the first trimester was even over. While he was filming it.

That's why my parents didn't announce Mom was pregnant with me until her belly got too big to hide, and I think everyone should be the same.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PUGGERNAUT posted:

it was creepy as gently caress

also its fuckin disgusting to not flush a goddamn toilet

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it was creepy as gently caress

also its fuckin disgusting to not flush a goddamn toilet

if it's yellow, let it mellow.
If it's brown, flush it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis