Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

Lil B The Based God has changed his endorsement from Hillary to Bernie Sanders.

This could prove a huge blow to the former Secretary of State's campaign. She does, however, have documented support from Yeezy and Ja Rule.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that CNN waited until Bernie filled up three stadiums with 15,000+ people to make this into a "story" (since the endorsement came in a month ago), so maybe this is a sign the narrative is shifting? Is The Sandstorm really happening?

:bernget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

In the future I'll try to make sure my analogies are 1:1 accurate so as not to wrankle to crippling autistic literalness of the Goon Community.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm liking her more and more. Really hoping Ailes (who is apparently lovey-dovey with Trump again) cans her and she gets a spot on MSNBC.

Enjoy her, she's gone after this election for sure. MSNBC is a burning ship.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zelder posted:

I know that Killer Mike supports Bernie (because he's going to run the jewels on the super rich), but do we know where El-P stands?

Right there holdin' his nuts.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Abel Wingnut posted:

so what logic produced the unskewing last election? did all of the polls' populations look off for some reason?

They were skewed towards Obama winning, and Romney not winning. Clearly, this could not be the reality, therefore

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I'm not convinced the Megyn Kelly tiff wasn't planned from the start. The negative reaction from the right was unplanned, like Eric Erickson and the poo poo people are giving him now, but Fox knows their audience. Ailes knows that the average Fox viewer is a 70-something who pines for 'the good old days' and wants to see women's skirts on screen. And they lapped that answer up so hard, they don't see anything wrong with calling women pigs. It was all about getting this stuff out in the open now and solidifying him.

The real question is whether they actually want Trump as president.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MrBims posted:

Is this the first you've seen of her?

Mostly I've seen clips of her from TDS. I don't usually watch Fox News out of my own volition.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mostly I've seen clips of her from TDS. I don't usually watch Fox News out of my own volition.

You gotta see this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Megyn Kelly had some extra conservative cred to burn after she lobbed all those softballs at the Duggars when it would have been really easy to make them cry on tv for max ratings

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nessus posted:

We were not, presumably, compelled to get involved, and our attack hurt a lot of folks, particularly in Serbia, who perhaps did not deserve to get their chemical plants and so forth blown up.

Now you'll notice we didn't spend a trillion dollars there to absolutely no purpose.

Javier Solana was and is not an American and NATO-resolved airstrikes to halt an ongoing humanitarian crisis and enable the insertion of peacekeepers certainly isn't the same as invading Iraq based on an absolutely fabricated pretense. It's a war of choice in the sense that Clinton assented to supporting the NATO mission over the country, assuming "war of choice" encompasses wars not invited by US action.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MrBims posted:

I'm not convinced the Megyn Kelly tiff wasn't planned from the start. The negative reaction from the right was unplanned, like Eric Erickson and the poo poo people are giving him now, but Fox knows their audience. Ailes knows that the average Fox viewer is a 70-something who pines for 'the good old days' and wants to see women's skirts on screen. And they lapped that answer up so hard, they don't see anything wrong with calling women pigs. It was all about getting this stuff out in the open now and solidifying him.

After seeing Trump in that wrasslin storyline I can't really help but feel like the whole presidential campaign is just a yooje version of that.

We'll know for sure once he names Vince McMahon as his running mate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Javier Solana was and is not an American and NATO-resolved airstrikes to halt an ongoing humanitarian crisis and enable the insertion of peacekeepers certainly isn't the same as invading Iraq based on an absolutely fabricated pretense. It's a war of choice in the sense that Clinton assented to supporting the NATO mission over the country, assuming "war of choice" encompasses wars not invited by US action.

Clinton's actions are heavily biased from Monica Lewinsky, to the point it is common knowledge.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lord of Pie posted:

After seeing Trump in that wrasslin storyline I can't really help but feel like the whole presidential campaign is just a yooje version of that.

We'll know for sure once he names Vince McMahon as his running mate.

The audience probably has significant overlap.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump is gonna get WWE red carpet treatment and make hall of fame this year or next because Hulk Hogan is damaged goods

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wow, I don't ever watch Fox, and am not in the USA, and now I see why. She's acting and talking exactly like Christina Applegate in Anchorman?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nonsense posted:

Trump is gonna get WWE red carpet treatment and make hall of fame this year or next because Hulk Hogan is damaged goods

Trump's portrait in the WWE hall of fame could hang next to portraits of Hogan and Benoit.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Nonsense posted:

He's already in.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Nessus posted:

Kosovo for the first. I imagine the latter means "the prison system," which is not exactly untrue, but is kind of a deliberate misreading of the point. I doubt even Bernie Sanders is going to abolish prisons, even if he reforms them substantially.

Kosovo was a straight up genocide. When we said 'never again', we should have meant it. Clinton was willing to follow through on that promise, on this occasion.
This is a horrible example.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oh ok then for sure another Hall of Fame. Vince is known to give out multiple.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

MrBims posted:

There has supposedly been a power struggle lately in Newscorp after Murdoch supposedly bumped Ailes from the line of succession in favor of one of the Murdoch sons. Murdoch is on record of being very opposed to Trump's candidacy while Trump and Ailes are close personally. It's very possible to imagine a scenario where Murdoch ordered Trump be taken out and Ailes granted his wish like an evil genie and ran the clumsiest hatchet job imaginable in a way that would just bolster Trump's support and force the network to stop after they got enough hate mail and boycott threats. Ailes ratfucking his employer out of spite and enabling the GOP to destroy itself as a result would be the best possible outcome of all this and is also completely plausible so I'm choosing to believe that's where all of this is heading.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wanna see Trump take the stage at the next debate with a theme song, red carpet, and bimbos on his arms

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think Megyn has given Trump an easy out, frankly. All he has to do is agree to disagree and say the viewers are free to make their own choice (and bring up, again, the support he's received against her).

I'd have a lot more respect for her if she had been equally ready to hold everyone's feet to the fire, frankly, but it seemed like she really was targeting Trump more than other candidates. I don't know if that really represents good journalism, and even if it does in another context, I'm not sure that's the role for a debate moderator. If they want to sink Trump, they shouldn't keep handing him things he can pretend he ought to be aggrieved about. He's the Chinese finger trap of candidates.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yeah this kind of surprises me, how did so many goons not know that Trump was already a WWE superstar? Vince McMahon's character is a parody of Trump and he's not even the only character in wrestling that that statement applies to, which is why Trump keeps getting asked back to wrestling events. The dude will do literally anything for money and doesn't care how anyone perceives him. He is a heel in real life.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PT6A posted:

I think Megyn has given Trump an easy out, frankly. All he has to do is agree to disagree

This is weakness. Trump will smash her career into paste.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nonsense posted:

Clinton's actions are heavily biased from Monica Lewinsky, to the point it is common knowledge.

Were NATO's and the UN's actions similarly biased? For that matter, was there time-traveling bias present when the Dayton Agreement was signed in '95?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mirthless posted:

Yeah this kind of surprises me, how did so many goons not know that Trump was already a WWE superstar? Vince McMahon's character is a parody of Trump and he's not even the only character in wrestling that that statement applies to, which is why Trump keeps getting asked back to wrestling events. The dude will do literally anything for money and doesn't care how anyone perceives him. He is a heel in real life.

Dude, that shits worse than car racing.
I'm an elitist I guess.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Were NATO's and the UN's actions similarly biased? For that matter, was there time-traveling bias present when the Dayton Agreement was signed in '95?

I Saw Wag the Dog god drat it and robert deniro wouldn't lie.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Pohl posted:

Kosovo was a straight up genocide. When we said 'never again', we should have meant it. Clinton was willing to follow through on that promise, on this occasion.
This is a horrible example.

The intervention is Kosovo took place after the worst of the atrocities and was cynical and bad. Smart people have written a lot of words on the subject.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Nonsense posted:

You are full of poo poo, which is common knowledge.
See how easy that is.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

A Bag of Milk posted:

The intervention is Kosovo took place after the worst of the atrocities and was cynical and bad. Smart people have written a lot of words on the subject.

Oh hey, I like Chomsky, but seriously?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pohl posted:

You are full of poo poo, which is common knowledge.
See how easy that is.

Please don't get defensive about a presidency older than most American's cars.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

To be clear, I was guessing what the wars of choice and secret torture apparatus that makes Bush and Clinton the same were, not actually endorsing the equivalency :v:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Nonsense posted:

This is weakness. Trump will smash her career into paste.

Exactly. It plays right into his comments about he doesn't respect her or think she's a good journalist. He can easily spin this around as her not even being aware what good journalism looks like in addition to not being able to do it, proving she's a lightweight.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If FNC is getting ready to embrace the Don then hoo boy :getin:

They're probably just repositioning for a new line of attack but one can hope.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PT6A posted:

Exactly. It plays right into his comments about he doesn't respect her or think she's a good journalist. He can easily spin this around as her not even being aware what good journalism looks like in addition to not being able to do it, proving she's a lightweight.

She doesn't deserve such a drastic career change compared to say Fox & Friends resident fools, but her trying to rally the ghost of moderate Republicans is noble, but sad.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

echronorian posted:

If FNC is getting ready to embrace the Don then hoo boy :getin:

They're probably just repositioning for a new line of attack but one can hope.

What makes you think the RNC or fox news is going to embrace Trump?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Pohl posted:

What makes you think the RNC or fox news is going to embrace Trump?

That they're trying to move on from the Megyn thing, and hope. It was kind of all right there in my post. You're having a lot of trouble tonight.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nessus posted:

To be clear, I was guessing what the wars of choice and secret torture apparatus that makes Bush and Clinton the same were, not actually endorsing the equivalency :v:

I know, but the 1998 Iraq bombing campaign was a much better example for a shitton of reasons, even though all of Clinton's "wars" were closer to being short airstrike campaigns with far stricter parameters than "invade and beat terrorism." I should have made a bigger distinction and said "invasion" rather than just "war."

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Please don't get defensive about a presidency older than most American's cars.

I know some women who's entire families were murdered and they were relegated to rape camps. But yeah, gently caress that poo poo, it doesn't matter.
I understand the need for jokes, but this isn't a joke and you should feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
about the new thread title (which I assume was said by a republican), please tell me that the evolution v creation debate is coming back for the primaries. I want it to happen so bad please let it be that

• Locked thread