Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

sellouts posted:

taking the grind out of eashl is the best thing they've ever done

I thought you retired? :v:

But yeah between that, heading puck pickup isn't as loving bonehead retarded as previously and some of the videos of the beta I've been watching I am, and as usual I quote: "cautiously optimistic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I really like the game but if they don't get their servers straight I'm not going to bother. If I'm not lagging then the opponent is and that isn't fun either.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I really like the game but if they don't get their servers straight I'm not going to bother. If I'm not lagging then the opponent is and that isn't fun either.

I'm sure it will straighten itself out when the game goes live. I have nothing to back this statement up but blind faith.

Had a blast playing with the Killdozers last night. First time I got to play for an extended period of time. Game is awesome

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

SAMB0 posted:

I'm sure it will straighten itself out when the game goes live. I have nothing to back this statement up but blind faith.

The way they have made eashl more balanced and about skill would make me to think so but I'm not so sure. NHL 15 had bad lag on otp and they haven't mentioned anything about servers anywhere. I really hope we get good servers but this may also be their big blunder this year. Eashl where the away team is always lagging.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Yeah, the lag can kill this...and EA has never really done anything about the lag in previous years. That scares me a little.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

EASHL desperately needs a drop-in option.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

SAMB0 posted:

Had a blast playing with the Killdozers last night. First time I got to play for an extended period of time. Game is awesome

Playing with cool and good teammates can really make a world of difference - and the Muffin Men are cool bros. :respek:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So Goon Verdict is the demo shows promise? I know it's bullshit to sell a game on 'we stopped loving you as bad, YOU'RE WELCOME' but honestly if I can get a quality NHL game again I'm happy at this point.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

its better than your avatar, take that for what you will

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Shows promise is right.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So with the beta having gone out to pasture I'm quite optimistic. I just hope that they can kill the input lag, that has the potential to get really old really quick.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Did I really miss video sharing time?

All from either EASHL or OTP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zBTbwFMxDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPQDT3cNzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTuMbom9qyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3mzHF0PvfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDB70qurww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ywGzhk5O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHKKwoTfKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epmscQFuEvo

And finally, this goal from Scud way back in NHL12(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlCo1YPLqs

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

This needs to be in the OP by the way

IRC Channel
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
lol that's right in our peak years of poop socking I used to grab pizza and play a game on lunch since I was close by.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Anders posted:

This needs to be in the OP by the way

IRC Channel
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #eashlgoons
Direct link to channel

IRC channel? What is this, 1998?? Why not make a group in facebook messenger or some poo poo

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Why on earth would we want to do that. What are we, 12?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

IRC channel? What is this, 1998?? Why not make a group in facebook messenger or some poo poo

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I think we should all chat about the hockeys via carrier pigeon.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Because this is easier and has been around since NHL10. Join us and discuss how Guy Fieri is great/awful and how our coworkers are idiots and talk about Pleads being an illegal alien! Oh, and discuss beer league shenanigans and sometimes hockey.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Jovial Cow posted:

So with the beta having gone out to pasture I'm quite optimistic. I just hope that they can kill the input lag, that has the potential to get really old really quick.

Seconding this. And the input lag is weird - it's not team wide - it's normally just one guy, if any. But when it does happen, it is unbearable - and maybe a little funny. Also, the tuner update that EA did mid-beta showed that they can pretty drastic changes to the gameplay quickly, instead of the expected, "sorry, AI-controller super teammates are hard-coded and cannot be changed until next year."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm actually considering getting a PS4 if this game turns out to be good. I haven't played a NHL game since 13 and I'm getting an itch for it.

If only NHL games were on Steam, I haven't missed owning a console at all except for hockey.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
well at least I wont be the only retard getting a stupid rear end overpriced console in part because of this game

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

PC based EASHL would be the best

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Diet Crack posted:

PC based EASHL would be the best

And I'm the King of England

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Top Hats Monthly posted:

And I'm the King of England

NHL PC QUONDAM NHL PC FUTURUS

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
EA officially removed Kane from the cover.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba posted:

But it was such a perfect match!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sba posted:

I am a grown rear end man in TYOOL twenty fifteen about to unironically use the "word" "lol"...

:lol:

Those nhl covers are the kiss of death for him. Also the new cover is even uglier than before when it still had his ugly mug on there :barf:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 12, 2015

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Now that Kane is off the cover I feel 50% better about buying this game.
Had so much fun playing EASHL in previous years and I can't wait to play against someone other than Eastern European teams with stats at 99 across the board.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Be A Pro trailer released

http://youtu.be/DeA--T1WAK4

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Has there been anything about HUT yet? Wasn't last year's kinda janky or something? It's kinda been a while and that was such a haze of 'screw this' I forgot exactly what sucked and what was just lazy.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Has there been anything about HUT yet?

get out

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Deserved

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Has there been anything about HUT yet? Wasn't last year's kinda janky or something? It's kinda been a while and that was such a haze of 'screw this' I forgot exactly what sucked and what was just lazy.

The whole concept is kinda janky. They pushed the mode and their packs like a crazy and it turned out that in 15 player attributes don't even matter much.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
John Scott was just as good as Sydney Crosby.

...John Scott was just as good as Sydney Crosby.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I've always wanted a Be A Pro mode that isn't just shuffling around stat points and such. Let me be a character, I want to yell at coaches and be a locker room cancer. Let me demand more money and get ran out of town.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

triplexpac posted:

I've always wanted a Be A Pro mode that isn't just shuffling around stat points and such. Let me be a character, I want to yell at coaches and be a locker room cancer. Let me demand more money and get ran out of town.

I'm sure by 2034 they'll get around to making Be A Pro like NBA 2K My Career

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

triplexpac posted:

I want Phil Kessel Be A Pro Hot Dog Simulator 2k17 damnit.

Live the life™

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Eh, the shot and pass indicators, if functional, look to be GREAT.

As someone who largely sucks air at NHL15, the chance to actually receive some guidance outside of "suck less" could be a huge plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

As someone who largely sucks air at NHL15, the chance to actually receive some guidance outside of "suck less" could be a huge plus.

Hopefully it's fairly in depth. They're doing something similar in the new FIFA game. I've played most if not all NHL games besides 15 and can't remember them ever having a decent tutorial that could critique your play.

• Locked thread