Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

i still don't think many souls bosses will top artorias, though - something about the combination of his creepy roaring / the sickly light / the music / circling each other in the amphitheatre still gives me chills to this day.

gamer chills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

slays good man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

i still don't think many souls bosses will top artorias, though - something about the combination of his creepy roaring / the sickly light / the music / circling each other in the amphitheatre still gives me chills to this day.

I never played the DS DLC...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I didn't get to a single boss in the one DSII DLC I bought...huge holes in my souls experience.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The DS DLC bosses are super fast & incredibly aggressive. Kalameet is still one of my favorite souls bosses. It's a giant dragon in a giant open canyon area

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

It's so fuckin good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do I have to consume the cords right before the boss or do I just have to have consumed 3 of them during my playthrough

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Do I have to consume the cords right before the boss or do I just have to have consumed 3 of them during my playthrough

consume 3 throughout the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

"Dark Souls is my life’s work," he replied. "Everything I came up with for Dark Souls 3 is based on my personal preferences. However, Dark Souls 3 is also actually the turning point for the franchise."

Pressed on whether he would explore the sci-fi or mech genres, perhaps by applying the Souls framework to them, Miyazaki said he "definitely wants to bring the Miyazaki Touch" to them.

Miyazaki, who previously served in directorial and design capacities on Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, was appointed president of developer From Software in May 2014.

As part of his remit as president, Miyazaki intends to launch "several new projects," but didn't specify what these would be.

"I do want to work on something new," he added. "I’m pleased to hear people are interested in seeing that."

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope it's a new armored core, but a sci-fi souls game would absolutely own

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Miyazaki Touch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad they're gonna be doing other projects, even though I love the souls. I'm sure anything they make will be interesting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy gently caress. Just thought of something. From Software should hire Kojima.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I regularly think about how cool it is that Miyazaki was made president of From

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
From Software will make the new Star Wars game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright here's my Demons Souls boss tier list.

1. 1-4
2. 3-2
3. 3-3 when it works
4. 2-2
5. 4-3
6. 1-2
7. 5-3
8. 2-3
9. 1-3
10. 2-1
11. 5-2
12. 4-1
13. 4-2
14. 5-1
15. 1-1
16. 3-3 when it doesn't work
17. 3-1

thoughts?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I forget which level has which boss....shameful. I never saw 3-3 work (rip) but overall, I agree with the top bunch for the most part. Googling made me realize I forget like half these bosses, what the hell is a dirty colossus?

After I finish bloodborne, it might be time for the demons souls replay, maybe I'll even set up the fake world tendency server.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dirty Colossus is the easiest boss in the game because he is blind and if you just walk slowly he can never hit you. I usually appreciate gimmick bosses but it's just too easy to rank.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

def agree with 1-4 being the best boss.

idk if i could rank them but all the 4th world bosses are epic, 5-3 owns, 1-2, 1-3 and 2-3 are very memorable.

3-2 is also a fantastic boss fight but gently caress flamelurker and his random invulnerability + broken rear end attack pattern

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i never beat demons souls. sad, but true. false king was too much for me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need a ps3 so i can finally play DeS at some pt

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i never used a guide and ended up with some underpowered char that never knew about light roll or good weapons. RiP that char, thats the first and last time im going into a souls game blind.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk how anyone could beat flamelurker and then have trouble with 1-4

this isnt an attack on is it fascism, i just dont understand how you can beat a boss thats pureBS and then get to false king who has patterns you can learn and actually fights fair and go "no THIS is the hard one"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I poo poo bricks when Allant deleveled me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it fascism yet posted:

i never used a guide and ended up with some underpowered char that never knew about light roll or good weapons. RiP that char, thats the first and last time im going into a souls game blind.

I think the first time you play your first Souls game it's not a bad idea to read about the stats and plan something, but after that you can play any other blind, since you have a better feel for the games design.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I think the first time you play your first Souls game it's not a bad idea to read about the stats and plan something, but after that you can play any other blind, since you have a better feel for the games design.

My first dark souls playthrough was blind and boy was it awful. I had no idea what any of the numbers did, didn't know that upgrading was better than levelling, attacked Andre and couldn't upgrade anything, attacked Solaire the first time I saw him, by the time I got to S&O I basically knew my run was done. It's funny how every souls game you get to a point where you think starting all over would be such a journey but then once you do it you blow through everything that was really hard before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think 1-1 took me 5 or 6 hours on my first DeS char, lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember the blue eyed knights in 1-1 being a hell of a loving fight when i first started and the redeye knight guarding the king just being an impassable mountain

i also remember doing that again in NG+ and casually backstabbing both to death in .5 seconds each

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon souls remastered on ps4 with no item burden please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

:pray:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was also using the Berserker class because Berserkers are cool in other jrpgs. In Des he starts with just a club and basically no armor so everything killed me in like two hits.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Honestly I think I'd rather have a Scholar style version of Drk Souls with the second half either complete or somehow reimagined with all of the quality of life stuff from DS2 and better coop connectivity

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

In Training posted:

I think 1-1 took me 5 or 6 hours on my first DeS char, lol.

I think 1-1 is one of the best "teaching" souls levels there is - don't get me wrong, I very much liked the burg and the forest (best zone design in DS2), but 1-1 holds a special place in my heart. (I love the bloodborne first level but it seems a lot more complicated than any other - almost too much so for an inexperienced player.) It takes you from god of war mash x gameplay to souls over the course of a few hours. I spent forever on it the first time too, and "cheesed" the boss with firebombs the first time because I had no clue what to do without them.

Demons souls remake needs to get rid of or improve world/character tendency, remove stockpile thomas, maybe add some more pure stones, and it'd be awesome. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see it re-released at some point, there's tons of ps4 owners who didn't have a ps3.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 11, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a lost levels style compilation of the first two games would be amazing. maybe if Ds3 does well enough...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

a lost levels style compilation of the first two games would be amazing. maybe if Ds3 does well enough...

they already have all the money in the world from how outrageously popular the souls games are in general

i mean the ps4 has been carried almost entirely by bloodborne for like a year

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Benny D posted:

Honestly I think I'd rather have a Scholar style version of Drk Souls with the second half either complete or somehow reimagined with all of the quality of life stuff from DS2 and better coop connectivity

I prefer dedicated mm porals with p2p connections, instead of DS2's full dedicated mp servers and lag prediction. Of course, bloodborne coop with lag is insane, but that's the price we have to pay

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's not like, some impossible design feat to have players find each other using a central server, then connect to each other directly. Does DS2 not work that way, does every gamestate update to other players go through the server? That would be pretty dumb.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ds2 doesn't work that way because people complained about ds1 and demon's souls working that way. yeah, actions pass through and are resolved on a server instead of on the host's end and it creates insane situations like backstabs from across the room if someone is lagging hard enough because the lag prediction overcompensates for everything on Both ends

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I thought the ds2 starting forest sucked rear end 😓 easily the worst tutorial zone of all the games😪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The only problem I found with Bloodborne's start is its really easy to miss how to parry for a long time. They stuck the messages for it in kind of a weird spot