Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I, for one, am greatly enjoying watching the insane right turn on Fox News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Repubs're

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Arm, shoulder, sort of near the face (!), the back of the head. I'm Chris Muir and these are the places I think words come out of.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

snakeandbake posted:

I'm Chris Muir

:frogout:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

snakeandbake posted:

Arm, shoulder, sort of near the face (!), the back of the head. I'm Chris Muir and these are the places I think words come out of.

That's actually pretty good for him

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

snakeandbake posted:

sort of near the face upper body region (!).

This is plenty. I've seen the alternative, with every speech bubble snaking its tail down the gullet of the speaker. It is disturbing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WarpedNaba posted:

Might wanna do something about that gas leak, lads.

Striking a match to see where it's coming from would be a good start. Third degree burns couldn't make the characters in the strip look worse. Or different.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

snakeandbake posted:

Coloreds misbehaving
Country needing saving
Politics're grave and
I'll draw the Zed

The liberals are clever
I'm lazy but whatever
When I paste it together
I'll draw the Zed

Y'all can do the praying
Stop families from gaying
If photoshop ain't playing
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

sinking belle posted:

Equating the genocide of the indigenous population with the disproportionate violence to which black Americans are subject today seems like a really great way to piss off plenty of people in both those communities, that's just me tho

Yeah, kinda, yeah.

I've also been seeing some stats lately that put Natives at maybe a decimal point behind African Americans in terms of the number of people shot by police.

Which is made a bit worse when taking into account how small our population is.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Party Boat posted:

If... 27-30 July

This week's If ties in with this editorial Bell strip that was posted earlier in the thread:

At first I thought the "part 2" was just referencing the original photo. However, it's actually a callback to a Bell cartoon from 1997, when Labour swept to power:

Callback to a toon from 17 years ago. Jeez, why can't we have cartoonists like this?

A- We don't deserve them :(

This week's If made me go dig up an old Bell

:allears:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

This loving awesome, and I love the art.
Who is this guy? Has he been posted in here before?

snakeandbake posted:

With a minimum wage increase, the cost of living will be more fairly compensated for by actual employers, rather than subsidized at the expense of the American taxpayer. A That's The Whole loving Point You Disingenous MORON Cartoon.

Folks in this thread tend to get a little silly with the AGCs, but this one made my head spin because that really is the whole loving point.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 11, 2015

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Squashy Nipples posted:

Kevin Siers is apparently a Pulitzer winner and yes, he's been posted before.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/kevin-siers/

pwn
May 27, 2004

Another cartoon from The Daily Show. Can you guess which cartoonist it's parodying?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rorus Raz posted:

Coloreds misbehaving
Country needing saving
Politics're grave and
I'll draw the Zed

The liberals are clever
I'm lazy but whatever
When I paste it together
I'll draw the Zed

Y'all can do the praying
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed

ZeaLouS1 was pretty Libertarian in that song.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

BackStory radio did a segment this week about how Puck magazine helped Grover Cleveland win the presidency in 1884 by running political cartoons attacking James Blaine.

Blaine, "The Tattooed Man", with all of his scandals printed on his skin:

Audio and text: http://backstoryradio.org/2015/08/07/puck-of-the-draw/

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

mlnhd posted:

BackStory radio did a segment this week about how Puck magazine helped Grover Cleveland win the presidency in 1884 by running political cartoons attacking James Blaine.

Blaine, "The Tattooed Man", with all of his scandals printed on his skin:

Audio and text: http://backstoryradio.org/2015/08/07/puck-of-the-draw/

He needs to save some skin on his torso, so when he kills John G. for raping and killing his wife, he can tattoo it there and maybe remember it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

pwn posted:

Another cartoon from The Daily Show. Can you guess which cartoonist it's parodying?

It's a thresome, so... Latuff.

:rimshot:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

can't a rat drink his wine in peace?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hope this hasn't been posted

pwn
May 27, 2004

The elephant needs to be animated getting back up.

Telnaes misses the most obvious facet of the criticism: They never loving learn to stop punching. Can't stump the Trump.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Is this meant to actually be "Rush" the kid from back in the 90's? Cause he's either trapped in the white void the duck is usually talking in which clearly is outside the dimensions of space and time, or that kid should be into his 30s.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hope this hasn't been posted

Cut middle panel dialogue: "We just fact-checked what the police told us, and interviewed some eyewitnesses..."

Seriously does Wise think that 'story without any witness accounts' is more valid than 'story with any witness accounts?' Where the gently caress did the newscaster get the story from in the first panel?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Somfin posted:

Cut middle panel dialogue: "We just fact-checked what the police told us, and interviewed some eyewitnesses..."

Seriously does Wise think that 'story without any witness accounts' is more valid than 'story with any witness accounts?' Where the gently caress did the newscaster get the story from in the first panel?

Witness testimony inside and outside of courtrooms is loving awful, and people put far too much stock in it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

Fairfax's page template for their cartoonists have gone back to the old style, so we're back to large images again :peanut:

Are you worried about the images breaking tables? I doubt that they are, but, if you add a lower case L to the end of an imgur designation it does this:

http://i.imgur.com/o7wWeiil.jpg

Original:

Hope that helps. :buddy: Unfortunately, clicking "large thumbnail" doesn't allow you to copy an entire album with that small addition added. #Struggle

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mississippi has been seeing temps in the triple digits for the past few weeks.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

There's something wrong with that Rall. I can't immediately tell that it was made by a total shithead.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Folks in this thread tend to get a little silly with the AGCs, but this one made my head spin because that really is the whole loving point.

Pretty sure Branco is trying to insinuate that his Liberal is sad because he's a lazy good-for-nothing who just wanted more "free" money, and thought he'd be rolling in higher minimum wage AND continue to receive the same amount of government aid.
Afterall, if the Liberal was willing to work for a living, he wouldn't be doing minimum wage jobs, he'd have a real job.

Except that Branco is a loving moron.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The Clinton obsession is telling. Rand Paul was completely shut down by Trump, I saw him on an interview this morning talking not about the debate but about how Clinton is bad. He totally skirted the actual debate due to how badly he folded under Trump's bluster.

Jesus christ, is it okay to presume that feigning outrage at the use of, "cracker" is dogwhistle? No one uses it anymore, it's as obsolete as, "white devil." I'm struggling to think of racist terms used against white people in the hood, even "pinky" is rare. "White bread" hasn't been uttered near me maybe ever, the only phrase I recall is, "white boy," and that's often in jest. The worst thing I get is assumed suspicion because I am usually well dressed and white: "Who 'r you?" I don't consider it racist, it's a natural caution from being hosed over by people that look and dress like me coming to where they live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p69XxYjfx-k

(This one was never colorized)

A... A Furry Cartoon?

Including this one below only because he's a political cartoonist that sometimes just farts out a personal attack on someone: (this isn't political and it's Nancy Grace territory: guilty until proven innocent-- if he really did it just throw him into a volcano like he would deserve and be done with it)

VitalSigns posted:

I was trying to find something on another cartoonist, and google took me to one of the old SA toons threads where I saw this

A national treasure.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 11, 2015

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Brown's eyes are just red instead of being red with the Star of David for a pupil. I think that that lack of a reference to our ZOG overlords will make this cartoon too hard to decode for the casual viewer.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Post 9-11 User posted:

A... A Furry Cartoon?

An Altered Beast Cartoon.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Brown's eyes are just red instead of being red with the Star of David for a pupil. I think that that lack of a reference to our ZOG overlords will make this cartoon too hard to decode for the casual viewer.
Check out the flag's stars yo. :unsmigghh:

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

the_steve posted:

Pretty sure Branco is trying to insinuate that his Liberal is sad because he's a lazy good-for-nothing who just wanted more "free" money, and thought he'd be rolling in higher minimum wage AND continue to receive the same amount of government aid.
Afterall, if the Liberal was willing to work for a living, he wouldn't be doing minimum wage jobs, he'd have a real job.

Except that Branco is a loving moron.

What makes you so sure it's supposed to be a Liberal?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Post 9-11 User posted:

A... A Furry Cartoon?

St. Mark covering for one of St. Peter's shifts.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The parents are terrified because this is what they see.

The children are excited for school because they don't see what the parents are projecting onto a regular-rear end elementary school.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

pkfan2004 posted:

The parents are terrified because this is what they see.

The children are excited for school because they don't see what the parents are projecting onto a regular-rear end elementary school.

Homeschool parents are loving crazy. AGC.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Rorus Raz posted:

Coloreds misbehaving
Country needing saving
Politics're grave and
I'll draw the Zed

The liberals are clever
I'm lazy but whatever
When I paste it together
I'll draw the Zed

Y'all can do the praying
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed
I'll draw the Zed

Really wasn't expecting MC Frontalot in the Politoons thread, but some how it fits.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
How/Why is homeschooling even legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

there wolf posted:

What ever he touches does seem to melt in his clutch.

He's too much.

Mister Beeg posted:

Even more weird, the strip ended around the same time the original "Bloom County" did ("Hartland" ended in June 1989; "Bloom" ended two months later, in August 1989)

:tinfoil:

• Locked thread