Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
you can buy pantheon construction points now

~67k credits or 400 cash shop currency for 100 building progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Evernoob posted:

Group upscaling works now so you can team up with people stronger than you.

Taught a pair of newbies (600 and 1000 pres) how to do the last boss of Saiban Peninsula just a bit ago. :3:

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 11, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Hands down the best change this patch. Hopefully won't wait 30 mins for a 3 man now, or an hour+ for 5 man..

Or 12 hours for a PvP match. Can finally get those god drat upgrades.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Just ran a couple of squad missions and found myself lagging to the point of it being unplayable. I guess that's to be expected for now.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Welp queues are still lovely, and now when the dungeon pops you get a 3k prestige tank who dies on trash pulls. Don't know if this was just unlucky on my part or if the game just broke itself.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Anal Papist posted:

Welp queues are still lovely, and now when the dungeon pops you get a 3k prestige tank who dies on trash pulls. Don't know if this was just unlucky on my part or if the game just broke itself.

Being the tank usually fixes that problem...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Evernoob posted:

Being the tank usually fixes that problem...

Or not being a bitch and kiting. What happened to Cryomancer master race?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Okay, queued again still 10-15 min wait but this time I got a 2k prestige tank who had 15k extra hp over the 3k guy.

Edit: just got 30 holy texts from my gifts from followers. Is this normal? They normally just give me supplies.

Anal Papist fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 11, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
hey, i can pre emptively set up my god form.

wait, there's so many color schemeWHAT

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Is God form not being out yet the reason the nodes are like 800 each leading up to it? I hope so, they might lower the prices if so.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
ha, They changed the names to a couple things. Valuables are now "loot" and the peasant clothes are now "Adventurer Clothing." They also put the damage of jagged ice instead of just "deals damage."

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Can anyone throw me an invite to the guild? My IGN name is the same as the forums.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Slaan posted:

Is God form not being out yet the reason the nodes are like 800 each leading up to it? I hope so, they might lower the prices if so.

Considering you can't actually unlock the node for god form until your prestige is around 30,500, the nodes leading up to it are probably priced appropriately. It's not even that bad honestly, considering I nearly reached it until someone pointed out the prestige requirement.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
If I found TERA to be bland, but like the idea of an action mmorpg, what will I think of this game? I sorta liked Guild Wars 2.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ok I just got online for this shindig.

I am making a list of people that need invites. This is what I got so far.

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

My ign is Hunterr the second R is silent.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

^ loving lies.

Also there is going to be a lot of votes kicking off tonight so if I could get a pile of commanders on tonight that would be the bees knees.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Drinkfist posted:

My IGN is Trill Talen and I would like to be in the goons

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
I think they added in an animation for your character while fooling around in the screens. Looks neat.

Also I was getting loot from a 'Very Easy' mission, at least from the bosses, so they may have changed that, too.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

In game name is Leonan Elrorn

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Drinkfist posted:

I'm Ristoph Amirus - I'll be on around 630.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Scags posted:

If I found TERA to be bland, but like the idea of an action mmorpg, what will I think of this game? I sorta liked Guild Wars 2.

If nothing else there isn't a pedophile race so give it a shot, its free. I'm enjoying it way more then I ever did with TERA.

I'm not sure if i like the animation change for switching stances with the Archer class. I can see WHY the devs did it (wayyyyy to easy to get lost in the chaos on what stance the player is current at) but visually I liked seeing the bow crackle with electricity/fire way more then just glowing blue/red.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
I was pretty excited to try this out and it seems fun. Couldn't get past the tutorial because my laptop crashes constantly though. Blue screen of death is awful :(, it happened way more often before I installed windows 10 and now at least it's always the same error but it still crashes a ton the moment I try to play a game.

Guess I'll try to get my pc running on my next day off and maybe then I'll be able to play with y'all. Surprisingly the game runs on here pretty nicely on the fast setting, I bet it would look gorgeous on my somewhat dated pc (that doesn't crash within 10 minutes of playing, it just has a hard time turning on).

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

^ loving lies.

Also there is going to be a lot of votes kicking off tonight so if I could get a pile of commanders on tonight that would be the bees knees.

Should be around in about an hour to voteslave.

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Ign is ParallelParkinsons

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
Apologies if someone has asked this already, but i have a quest called 'Ether Slot' asking me to loot at least one of the correct shaped ether cores. I have in fact now looted at least 4 of the cores i have unlocked in the atlas, but the quest ain't budging. Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
RIP Slayer. Twilight Scourge animation cancelling (and almost all other animation cancelling) seems to have been removed from the game; you now have to wait out the duration of the animation to execute another ability. I was under the impression animation cancelling was an intended feature, not the bug exploit specifically with double crit 3rd TS, but in general it seemed like an intended function. Melee feels really clunky to play after this change.

This is a pretty massive nerf to Slayer DPS and melee DPS in general which already largely feels behind ranged with a few exceptions (Berserker, SH Kinetic). Looks like I'm going to have to find another class to focus on as my Slayer just feels really lovely to play now.

Windchilla fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 11, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Berserker animation canceling hasn't changed at all, and it too is pretty crucial to their damage output. How exactly was Twilight Scourge affected? I only player Slayer in PvP and haven't used Twilight Scourge at all since the patch.

Also, there's 3 melee classes that aren't tanks so that's kinda of a wash. If one of them isn't good, that's 'a third of melee dps'. Fortunately Monk should be getting some nice changes soon.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Apparently Berserker was hit as well, at least according to some mans on reddit.

someredditdouche posted:

Edit: You are right, I was testing it on monsters that died after the first fracture, you cannot do anything after animation canceling until the animation would have run out.
Edit 2: You can not triple fracture in the duration of lust for battle anymore... Even double fracture + crippeling strike is not working anymore... that is huge o_O.

When you cancel an animation with a dash now your character just stands there if you try to execute another ability for the duration of the original animation. No more 4 Crit TS or even 2 Crit TS, the max number of bonus damage attacks you can get out of stealth via TS is 1 now.

This is actually an indirect buff to Monk, because Monks weren't able to animation cancel in the first place.

Windchilla fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 11, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh, indeed. I'm so loving tired I didn't notice not being able to fit 3 fractures in the span of Thrist for Battle. Oh well. At least it'll make Uncontrollable Rage builds more interesting, especially after I hit 50% crit. chance.

And Monks could definitely animation cancel before, but not always immediately. You had to do it at like 1/3 the Spiral Attack animation. It worked fine on the Earth finishers.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
I guess this was an attempt to level the playing field, but my Slayer feels like hot garbage now. I guess I got the symbol out of it, hrngh. Time to make that trek to Monk or maybe be a total bitch and play Kinetic.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Langly Ayanami

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

My in game name is Trumpous Maximus, you clown. I'll be around 9:30pm EST tonight. It'll be huge, I hope this guild is luxurious.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Slaan posted:

My in game name is Trumpous Maximus, you clown. I'll be around 9:30pm EST tonight. It'll be huge, I hope this guild is luxurious.

Its not.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Windchilla posted:

I guess this was an attempt to level the playing field, but my Slayer feels like hot garbage now. I guess I got the symbol out of it, hrngh. Time to make that trek to Monk or maybe be a total bitch and play Kinetic.

I did some more testing. This is barely even a change for Berserker.

You can't fit 3 fractures into one Thirst for Battle, but you can do two fractures and one Crippling Blow with 1 second left on the buff, despite that reddit poster saying otherwise. So you basically do the same damage during Thirst for Battle, but can't use Crippling Blow outside of it for a little extra damage output.

On the other hand, you get to save all of your dash charges for actually avoiding stuff, and you don't have to save 400+ rage for every Thirst for Battle.

Edit: It also gives me a reason to actually use Firestorm during Thirst for Battle, as one Firestorm + one Fracture is more damage than two Fractures.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 11, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It will be once Trump gets in :shillary:

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I may have to go the Berserker route then if Kinetic doesn't keep my attention. I'm surprised more people weren't talking about animation cancelling being gone in the RU version, but it goes further to explain the PVE DPS rankings putting Berserker up on top with Kinetic. I always wondered why Slayer wasn't included, but it makes sense if you cant 4 bonus crit TS in that version.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Fish Pockets

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Liberatore posted:

As I never used dodge cancelling on my Slayer there's no change for me either :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunnyFatGuy
Jan 15, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

In game name is Funny Fatguy

• Locked thread