Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Iowa could be a swing state....

swing low state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Concerned Citizen posted:

Yeah, I think it's pretty key to not look at only the most profitable programs. For example, all athletics programs in Virginia at public universities operate at a loss. 12% of all fees, on average, go to athletics. Even VCU's Men's Basketball team, which is a successful program that regularly makes it to March Madness, operates at a substantial loss. And now they're building a $25 million practice facility to recruit more talent. Nationally, only 23 Division I schools have profitable athletics departments.

The biggest problem with these programs is that they reinvest so much money back into the programs. Operating expenses are so high because it's an arms race to attract the best players and the best coaches. The coaches and program administrators are massively overpaid. Even if the systems pay for themselves at some schools, that's only going to last until they start losing and after that the costs of maintaining the system overwhelm the returns in a couple of years. Football programs pay for themselves in the same sense that every movie fails to turn a profit and every billionaire pays his taxes. Just because you can make numbers work on paper doesn't make those numbers reflect reality.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Of all the candidates Trump has the best shot of picking up the Deez Nuts voters, pushing him into the lead.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

nachos posted:

Football will die in a few decades anyway when the next generation of parents push their kids to sports that don't cause brain damage

All youth sports except lacrosse and ice hockey are way down. Our sports future is full of people whacking each other with sticks.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Three Olives posted:

What is really amazing is seeing the power that Fox News has. Fiorina was nothing in the debate but Fox News declared her the clear winner, let her visit the big boy table during the debate and all of a sudden she is viable despite basically having nothing going for her and nothing policy wise that really sets her apart.

Suffolk came out with an Iowa poll where she's at 7% which meshes with the PPP one putting her at 10%.

FOX basically just invited her to the big boy's debate to be the anti-Hillary, but she's also the perfect anti-Trump. They'll get into it over which of them bankrupted the most companies and then that'll become a debate over which holes Fiorina is currently bleeding out of.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Montasque posted:

Of all the candidates Trump has the best shot of picking up the Deez Nuts voters, pushing him into the lead.

16% still don't know. I think deez nuts will pick up some voters with a little more name recognition.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Joementum posted:

Some intern is going to get fired when they finally realize this question is slipping into their polls and it's going to have totally been worth it.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mirthless posted:

Some intern is going to get fired when they finally realize this question is slipping into their polls and it's going to have totally been worth it.

Hey, not their fault Deez Nuts filed with the FEC.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nachos posted:

16% still don't know. I think deez nuts will pick up some voters with a little more name recognition.

So you're saying the problem with Deez Nuts is lack of exposure?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mirthless posted:

No, PPP always does stuff like that, and it's actually kind of useful as a control in order to put the other numbers you're getting back in context. We now know that 7% +- MoE that were polled have a functioning sense of humor.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Joementum posted:

So you're saying the problem with Deez Nuts is lack of exposure?

:drat:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Deez Nuts seem better at taking out other Politicians careers than making one of its own

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I believe in Deez Nuts :unsmith:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ErIog posted:

No, PPP always does stuff like that, and it's actually kind of useful as a control in order to put the other numbers you're getting back in context. We now know that 7% +- MoE that were polled have a functioning sense of humor.

Well, that's good at least. I would have hated to see somebody get sacked.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
So apparently Perry's staffers don't need to worry about counting anymore

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I'm really wondering if Deez Nuts will choose a female running mate or not.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

For example, here's PPP in 2013 trying to figure out what or who are more popular than Congress.

PPP posted:

Now the news is not all bad for Congress. It's at least still more popular than serial killers (56/18 over Charles Manson), foreign enemies (51/22 over Syria, 49/28 over Vladimir Putin), and controversial celebrities (46/31 over Miley Cyrus, 42/33 over Honey Boo Boo, and 40/36 over Lindsey Lohan).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That time the Based God made the Drudge banner.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's Deez Nuts' stance on abortion rights?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Joementum posted:

- Insert joke about fried chicken here -

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Don't worry everyone, President Graham won't be sending any GOSH DARN EMAILS

http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article30695967.html

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
"Deez Nuts is worried about my tone and there are Americans being decapitated in the Middle East!"

-Donald Trump

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lindsay Graham is the guy who calls the service desk and blunders through an apology about how he doesn't know nothing about computers and gee whiz this is gonna be s hard one so get ready and then it turns out he just wasn't double clicking his desktop icons and your have to bullshit him about how his call wasn't frivolous and he doesn't need to apologize

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

eric posted:

"Deez Nuts is worried about my tone and there are Americans being decapitated in the Middle East!"

-Donald Trump

"Deez Nuts wouldn't have the balls to lead us in a war against Iran!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Being a pollster for PPP almost makes statistics a worthwhile specialty to pursue.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
:siren: Breaking News :siren:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
Our online store is officially open! Visit http://www.donaldjtrump.com/shop to shop the latest #MakeAmericaGreatAgain merchandise.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Xenophon posted:

"Deez Nuts wouldn't have the balls to lead us in a war against Iran!"

"I don't have time to coddle Deez Nuts! I'm too busy to be politically correct!"

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I stand with Deez nuts.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

That is the least horrible picture of her I've seen since this whole thing started

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
In your gut, you know Deez Nuts.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

In your butt, you know Deez Nuts.

ftfy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
So far, every candidate except Jim Gilmore has qualified for the two CNN debates on September 16. The debates will be split between the top ten and the rest of the field, but unlike the Fox debates they'll be broadcast back-to-back.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

School starts in a few weeks and I am really tempted to be decked out in Trump Apparel for the entire first week.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

blue squares posted:

School starts in a few weeks and I am really tempted to be decked out in Trump Apparel for the entire first week.

Make Study Hall Great Again!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
He's catchin' on!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Trump and Deez nuts need to run together. After all, what's a dick without Deez nuts?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sniper4625 posted:

Our online store is officially open! Visit http://www.donaldjtrump.com/shop to shop the latest #MakeAmericaGreatAgain merchandise.

It's so yooge and luxurious that the awful app browser can't even load it!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Deez Nuts in a bind as results trickle in on Election Night

sniper4625 posted:

I don't even wear hats and I want one. Something to tell the grandkids about.

"Yes grandpa, we know what America was like before Trump nuked China, it's all you ever talk about." :rolleyes:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mo_Steel posted:

Deez Nuts in a bind as results trickle in on Election Night

I don't even wear hats and I want one. Something to tell the grandkids about.

"Yes grandpa, we know what America was like before Trump nuked China, it's all you ever talk about." :rolleyes:

It's a fraction of the price on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

McDowell posted:

It's a fraction of the price on Amazon

An inferior knockoff (at least the one I'm looking at), it's not even embroidered! :colbert:

• Locked thread