Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I'm excited for more DA:I and more dwarf stuff but why is this only being announced a week before it's release? I understand them not wanting to go down the abysmal DA2 hype-a-palooza route but it's a little frustrating not knowing at least a rough roadmap for the DLC - is there some kind of obvious business reason for the late announcements that I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's more notice then the first dlc got

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Does Iron Bull ever say anything like "Ben Hassrath report for you, boss" or is it like "Beam me up, Scotty" where everything imagines them saying it, but they never actually do?

I wanted to use it for a ringtone and can't seem to find a scene where he says it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dienes posted:

Does Iron Bull ever say anything like "Ben Hassrath report for you, boss" or is it like "Beam me up, Scotty" where everything imagines them saying it, but they never actually do?

I wanted to use it for a ringtone and can't seem to find a scene where he says it.

you know come to think of it

I don't think that horned son of a bitch ever DOES give you any intel

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I believe all the Ben Hassrath stuff that you acquire all happens on the war table.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Bull gives some of it himself, usually after main missions. The Ben Hassrath will talk about the Venatori at the Temple of Mythal and other stuff.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dienes posted:

I don't think Bull says any of it himself, but it does appear on the War Table, and you actually lose access to some of the missions if you take a certain action during Bull's sidequest without completing them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm giving this a replay in anticipation of Tuesday and I got a quick question. Did they fix the skill rings yet or should I continue to ignore them?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A 1.5 GB update just snowed in. Looks like they're getting ready for tomorrow.

e: patch notes: http://blog.bioware.com/2015/08/10/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-9-notes/

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG0wVbwGYWo

It's not me, right? It's the same leitmotif?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Okay, so I beat the game again last night, but despite my best efforts to get Murderpope Leliana (and, according the guide, she had the most points in her favor), Cassandra got named divine instead, even though I did literally everything to keep it from going to her. I know it's not a simple "who do you support" choice and that it aggregates a lot of stuff, but I seriously think the game just hosed up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Beefstew posted:

Okay, so I beat the game again last night, but despite my best efforts to get Murderpope Leliana (and, according the guide, she had the most points in her favor), Cassandra got named divine instead, even though I did literally everything to keep it from going to her. I know it's not a simple "who do you support" choice and that it aggregates a lot of stuff, but I seriously think the game just hosed up.
Did you choose the mages or the Templars?

Also holky gently caress I forgot the DLC releases tomorrow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got Cass as divine even though she disagreed with pretty much every single major choice I made in the game. She was who I wanted to get it, but I think we still don't actually know the exact choices that influence the decision.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The wiki has sussed out most of the mechanics, but even it admits that it's buggy. Still, that's what the Keep is ultimately for.

Also useful because I've been thinking about playing DAI again and want to romance Cass while making Leliana divine. A lot of the options that help Leliana's candidacy hurt Cass's approval, and a lot of options that Cass loves also help her candidacy.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I conscripted the templars, but according to the score sheet, Leliana still should have won. Eh, I'll edit it in the Keep when the next game comes.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I'm giving this a replay in anticipation of Tuesday and I got a quick question. Did they fix the skill rings yet or should I continue to ignore them?

I just saw an update post in another forum that as of Patch 6, the ability rings are currently working.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Cythereal posted:

The wiki has sussed out most of the mechanics, but even it admits that it's buggy. Still, that's what the Keep is ultimately for.

Also useful because I've been thinking about playing DAI again and want to romance Cass while making Leliana divine. A lot of the options that help Leliana's candidacy hurt Cass's approval, and a lot of options that Cass loves also help her candidacy.

It's piss-easy to get enough approval for Cassandra's personal quest. Just offer to help and be (more or less) pious when in conversation with her during the first Act and you're golden. Well, golden and somewhat dirty because she insists on having sex on the top floor of the goddamned blacksmith's.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

grack posted:

It's piss-easy to get enough approval for Cassandra's personal quest. Just offer to help and be (more or less) pious when in conversation with her during the first Act and you're golden. Well, golden and somewhat dirty because she insists on having sex on the top floor of the goddamned blacksmith's.

God, what's with the warriors in this game and having sex in semi-public spaces?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Crow Jane posted:

God, what's with the warriors in this game and having sex in semi-public spaces?

life is nasty, brutish, and short if you are a dwarf/elf

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Well, Bull probably wants to show off and Blackwall is a filthy transient so he probably doesn't even remember what a bed looks like. IDK what Cassandra's problem is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

grack posted:

Well, Bull probably wants to show off and Blackwall is a filthy transient so he probably doesn't even remember what a bed looks like. IDK what Cassandra's problem is.

She likes harlequin romances...?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So when should the new DLC launch for PS4? I know it's supposed to be today, but I don't see it yet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

grack posted:

Huh, wasn't clear on just how much leeway I had. Inquisition feels pretty unforgiving in terms of companion approval, with no console or easy catch-up mechanic like gifts.

Also, dialogue and quest options that strengthen Leliana's bid for Divine tend to be the ones most critical of the Chantry, which in turn Cassandra typically disapproves of.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Geostomp posted:

So when should the new DLC launch for PS4? I know it's supposed to be today, but I don't see it yet.

It's already up on Xbox Live, so probably soon?

$14.99 and about 2.5GB.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Could anyone spoil the revelations for me? I can't afford this right now but am genuinely interested what goes on.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Huh, wasn't clear on just how much leeway I had. Inquisition feels pretty unforgiving in terms of companion approval, with no console or easy catch-up mechanic like gifts.

Also, dialogue and quest options that strengthen Leliana's bid for Divine tend to be the ones most critical of the Chantry, which in turn Cassandra typically disapproves of.

Cassandra has a lot of leeway in terms of gaining approval. The two biggest conversation approval gainers are being religious (accept that you're the Herald, say you worship Andraste etc.) and offer to help people. Do those regularly, especially the religious bit, and you'll have more than enough approval for her companion quests even if you make quest choices she doesn't approve of.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

prob gonna get this DLC. I've never actually beaten the game but I've done everything else I think. hope there are sweet schematics

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How do ya'll like playing your inquisitor? Do you go all in, I AM THE loving HERALD, BOW TO ME or do you go another way. I like playing them skeptical at first, the really buying it after Haven and then after Nightmare Fade just going I don't loving know I got this green poo poo on my hand whatever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Geostomp posted:

The PS store usually updates in the afternoon. I'm in MDT and normally I get it around 1-2pm, so hopefully soon.

Cythereal posted:

They're really easy to game. Most people have minor fetch quests you can do for bumps, or have them in your party when you're killing certain enemy types. I romanced Cass with free mages and telling the Grey Wardens to stick around so it's not difficult.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I also freed mages and was not religious (both things that Cass isn't hot on) and still got her quest easy.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grack posted:

That's where her bed is, I think? It seems like you always have sex where your companion sleeps, unless you're with Dorian. Maybe they forgot to give him a place to sleep, just books.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Ugh, new schematics make me wish I hadn't already burned through so many runes and masterwork pieces.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's where her bed is, I think? It seems like you always have sex where your companion sleeps, unless you're with Dorian. Maybe they forgot to give him a place to sleep, just books.

Dorian probably sleeps in that chair in his nook of the library. What a precious nerd.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yes, and the fact that she sleeps on the third floor of the blacksmith's is kinda weird. I mean you have a friggin' castle, I'm sure there's a room free somewhere with a real bed.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I dusted off my Kadash Inquisitor last night and started running through JoH. Got my first "holy crap" moment on that first rift, but managed to quickly adjust to the toughness of these Avvar. As gorgeous as the zone is, though, its design has me all topsy turvy and turned around. I get lost easily in new maps! Hopefully I won't get so confused by the Deep Roads.

Its 1:30pm here in Texas and I'm still waiting to see it pop up in Origin.

Well, looks like I was looking in the wrong place (I kept checking the info section of the game where the expansion packs are listed, including the Spoils ones which I hadn't purchased!)
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/dragon-age-inquisition/pc-download/addon/dragon-age-inquisition--the-descent

In case anyone else was looking in the wrong place!
edit: and right after I purchased it from that link it showed up in the info area...jeez...

Svanja fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 11, 2015

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Spikeguy posted:

How do ya'll like playing your inquisitor? Do you go all in, I AM THE loving HERALD, BOW TO ME or do you go another way. I like playing them skeptical at first, the really buying it after Haven and then after Nightmare Fade just going I don't loving know I got this green poo poo on my hand whatever.

Does that much change if you go full zealot? I've never tried it, as playing any non-human race would make it weird that I would so abruptly embrace Catholicismthe Chantry and playing a human mage means you're actively being hunted by murderous templars prior to the opening of the game. And I've never played a human warrior/rogue because really, why bother?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wolfsheim posted:

Does that much change if you go full zealot? I've never tried it, as playing any non-human race would make it weird that I would so abruptly embrace Catholicismthe Chantry and playing a human mage means you're actively being hunted by murderous templars prior to the opening of the game. And I've never played a human warrior/rogue because really, why bother?

It does open up at least one judgment option, with the Grey Warden lady trying to commit suicide by cop. If you've been consistently pious you get a special option to go "I'm the Herald of Andraste, and I'm pretty sure she's cool with you. You're forgiven."

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I played my Inquisitor Trevelyan as believing in the Maker (not as a God who abandoned the world and we need to seek his forgiveness but a caring parent who loves his creations but respects their free will to not directly get involved in their lives) but not the Chantry. They saw a lot of problems with the institution and it needed major changes from the ground up. They didn't think they were some Chosen One but felt a duty to stop Corypheus and help those in need. And after the revelations in the Fade they were surprised to actually get an answer to how they got the mark and walked out of the Fade. Although they took every opportunity to tell people they aren't the Herald of Andraste and that Justinia, not Andraste, was the one who saved them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
DLC is now live on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SubponticatePoster posted:

DLC is now live on PSN.

I'm still not seeing it on the site or the PS4 itself.

• Locked thread