Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ross Angeles posted:

Boise is loving trash

gently caress you too buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

C2C - 2.0 posted:

MOAR POLLS!!!!

CBS Sports:

This is the highest I've seen GT ranked in any preseason poll, therefore, it is objectively correct.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Bird in a Blender posted:

I wonder what constitutes too high of a jump on the ACT. I managed to bump mine up 4 points I think on a second test, but I have a feeling this is more like an 8 point jump.

Not sure, but athletes have to go through the NCAA clearinghouse.

MindlessHavok posted:

I remember him. He was the one that called Texas his dream school while still committed to Tennessee.

Cherry was the first verbal in the 2015 class for Tennessee, and he was committed for awhile (over a year I think). That said our recruitment of LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. soured our relationship with Cherry, and once word got out that Kirkland was going to commit Cherry took a trip to Texas.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Cherry was probably the biggest talker of this incoming class in terms of his love for Texas/Strong/Austin and his ambition to do big things here.

See this is how he was while committed to Tennessee. The guy was all over Twitter saying how Butch Jones and Tennessee were the greatest, can't wait to get to Knoxville, etc. I know it is recruiting, but this guy was insane with his pro-Vol stuff. It was like he was the child of Reggie White and Pat Summit. So I was a little surprised when he jumped ship when we got Kirkland, and now hearing this makes me wonder about the guy. Maybe being close to home would give him mental stability.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

I may be a Nebraska fan but I'm understanding that they're not in the top 25 this preseason. We really got bopped by Wisconsin and the question marks floating around with a new hc. But at least we beat northwestern.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

nate fisher posted:

Cherry was the first verbal in the 2015 class for Tennessee, and he was committed for awhile (over a year I think). That said our recruitment of LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. soured our relationship with Cherry, and once word got out that Kirkland was going to commit Cherry took a trip to Texas.

See this is how he was while committed to Tennessee. The guy was all over Twitter saying how Butch Jones and Tennessee were the greatest, can't wait to get to Knoxville, etc. I know it is recruiting, but this guy was insane with his pro-Vol stuff. It was like he was the child of Reggie White and Pat Summit. So I was a little surprised when he jumped ship when we got Kirkland, and now hearing this makes me wonder about the guy. Maybe being close to home would give him mental stability.

Austin newspaper apparently just talked to his Dad and the picture began to get clearer. Handler sense is tingling - Dad was all about Tennessee, and says he didn't speak to Cecil for two months after he flipped to Texas. Dad is talking about how he can't wait to get the transfer papers in hand so he can start talking to schools. I have to wonder if Tennessee was offering Dad something that Texas did not.

e: Interesting side note - Our DT Chris Nelson actually has the same dad as Cecil (dad has 19 kids).

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 11, 2015

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Would it be an immediate transfer or would he have to sit this year?

I wonder if he tries going back to UT. We could use some help at LB.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Raku posted:

I'd find this argument more convincing if the Florida Mizzou beat last year didn't have a quarterback that actually throws his passes backwards.

On the other hand, there's no way Maty Mauk will be as bad as he was in that game (also I think Pinkel and Henson will finally RUN THE DANG BALL all season this year).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MindlessHavok posted:

Would it be an immediate transfer or would he have to sit this year?

I wonder if he tries going back to UT. We could use some help at LB.

Would have to sit out a year.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
And reports are pouring in that transfer papers have been signed. That was quick.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Adam Lane, former UF RB (of three days) transferring to be 'closer to family' because of 'problems' is apparently headed to Eastern Kentucky.

He's from Winter Park, FL.

He did run all over EKU ECU in the Birmingham Bowl in Janua....I can't even finish this sentence, everything about it makes me sick.

E: Fixed for inaccuracy--we played EKU earlier in the year and I am dumb so my caveat is not particularly relevant. He did pop off for 5rush/60yds against them in the regular season though. :eng99:

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 11, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't he also that guy who poo poo his pants

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

And reports are pouring in that transfer papers have been signed. That was quick.

Man this sucks. He was an awesome dude for our recruiting when it was down last year. His dad sounds like a p big dick too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Isn't he also that guy who poo poo his pants

One and the same.

Helped ignite our one-game winning streak. :rimshot:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

I actually think Florida's defense could be better than last year if they can still generate pressure. That secondary is super deep, and Geoff Collins was doing a great job with nothing but 2/3 stars at Clanga. As for the offense... it couldn't perform any worse. So I would be pretty shocked if they actually drop off any from last year, despite the new regime.

Linebacker and interior lineman play has been their weak spot the past few years, which unless Dante Fowler Jr. wasn't getting double teamed, meant not a lot of pressure got to the QB.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Remember that time Najeh Davenport pooped in that girls hamper

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joe Pa pooped his pants too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

gently caress you too buddy.

I say this with the knowledge that we avoid you on the schedule this year :)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Joe Pa pooped his pants too.

He borrowed diapers from the team supply.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I know he was a small guy but would he fit in kids diapers?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Nice

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MindlessHavok posted:

Remember that time Najeh Davenport pooped in that girls hamper

The Original Scat Back

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MindlessHavok posted:

I know he was a small guy but would he fit in kids diapers?

But with poop and fondling kids

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

vyst posted:

Linebacker and interior lineman play has been their weak spot the past few years, which unless Dante Fowler Jr. wasn't getting double teamed, meant not a lot of pressure got to the QB.

And the front seven was Collins' strength at State. At the very least he should have the talent to do similar things at Florida.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

please let it be 2012

guest starring nick saban and Manti Teo's girlfriend as himself

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Couldn't you just watch that Catfishing show instead?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Oh good, Notre Dame could really use an even greater sense of self-importance. That program is just too modest.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's like 50 P5 teams and they should gang up on Notre Dame and force them into a conference.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sash! posted:

There's like 50 P5 teams and they should gang up on Notre Dame and force them into a conference.

They've already got one foot in the ACC and that is more than enough, thank you very much

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Raku posted:

please let it be 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN2_QSC3h8s

They should superimpose BCSCG highlights with Skip Bayless' hot take pick.

e: or just show this on loop for a few hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i980UwUexpw

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 11, 2015

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

please let it be 2012

It's actually going to be this season.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

loving seriously. I'll be on board in October for when they lose a few games and keep tumbling through the rankings because they never belonged in the top 10 to begin. People will bitch and moan about Kelly, and about returning to glory, and will set their sights on next season's national championship.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mayodreams posted:

loving seriously. I'll be on board in October for when they lose a few games and keep tumbling through the rankings because they never belonged in the top 10 to begin. People will bitch and moan about Kelly, and about returning to glory, and will set their sights on next season's national championship.

How's their schedule? Any projected 3 game slides?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Pretty manageable. http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/indep/2015-notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-schedule.php

Clemson game will be huge. If they win that and the USC game, they'll have a good argument for the playoffs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Thoguh posted:

The most likely 3-game losing streak would be @Clemson, vs Navy, and vs USC in October.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Thoguh posted:

The Domer fans act like the season is over after the first loss. The best we can hope for is that Texas beats the poo poo out of them in the opening game. I also think they will probably be close with GT, but being in South Bend, the 'magic' paying off refs will prevail.

Edit: I am just thrilled that the 50+ year series with Purdue is done. I hated dealing with those assholes every fall.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm beginning to worry that Georgia Tech may not be able to repeat their 2007 performance against Notre Dame where they won 33 - 3

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Texas likely isn't beating them unless they're further into the Charlie Strong rebuild than I thought they were. They have some good choices at QB and their o-line looks gigantic. I heard they're averaging 315 lbs.

Clemson's probably the biggest test, being on the road, but I say that not really knowing how Stanford is supposed to look this year. USC game is probably a toss-up. They play Stanford and @ AZ State, but then get a bye and Washington before ND.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I hate the special treatment that Notre Dame gets, but Kelly is a damned good coach and he's doing a solid job with the program. They will probably beat Texas.

I'm always surprised that its so easy to recruit ND. Most of their championships were before current recruits' parents were born, and their last title was 27 years ago.

The only other school that gets that much mileage out of an ancient title is UGA. Clemson at least has the decency to flash some Woody Dantzler clips and hold a prayer meeting instead of reminiscing about 1981.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

The only other school that gets that much mileage out of an ancient title is UGA. Clemson at least has the decency to flash some Woody Dantzler clips and hold a prayer meeting instead of reminiscing about 1981.

1981 is for the old fart fans. 2002 and 2005 and 2007 are for the recruits. Also making Penn Wagers and Tommy Tuberville white-dude-cry over "Crank That" and Stafford being picked #1 and buying his girlfriend new boobs.

• Locked thread