Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry
Old Vs. New. Glad I took the plunge. The old one blew a head gasket a month later. In case you're wondering those things on the hood and roof are fishing rod holders attached with suction cups.

Just washed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I didn't even know fishing rod holders were a thing. Do they not fit inside the car?

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry
They do , but they tend to get tangled together. The suction ones are nice, you can travel at highway speeds with 6 rods on there. https://www.rodmounts.com

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
I wonder how they fair against pedestrians because I heard my state was looking at banning the fixed ones as they are basically implements of unyielding death.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!

Gone neck deep in debt for a car slower and worse handling than a new 4 cyl mustang? :haw:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I went for a drive today

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Who'd ya piss off to get that red title?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Ferremit posted:

I just made the mistake of blindly clicking that link in his title.
Don't blindly click that link in his title.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Crossposting from another thread, fitting here since it's a post of my own ride and all...

Picked this up yesterday for the wife.

Well, its the one we ordered back in April and just arrived yesterday. Seriously, it's a drat nice car for the money. Got it for right around $23k (under invoice, didn't even need the X-plan pricing I'd had ready) but it's loaded to the gills. Quality feels much higher than our outgoing Fiesta had.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

shodanjr_gr posted:

Got her washed:

How do you like it?

I just put an order in for mine, white as well, though with a few different trim options.

It was hilariously impossible to find these in a manual transmission to test drive. Finally a local dealer got a used 2014 z51 in and let me put about 12 miles on it.

I get that some people prefer an automatic. I just had no idea that the skew was so big. Out of the 40 or so on the lots around here, I'm talking like 3 are manuals.

Das Volk posted:

I went for a drive today

That scenery is eating up the picture of that beautiful automobile.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 11, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ferremit posted:

I think that's pretty obvious. Disappointing effort for the red title, too. There used to be craft shown in red titles.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Das Volk posted:

I went for a drive today

Why on Earth would you drive a gray Viper?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Das Volk posted:

I went for a drive today

Do a burnout. :colbert:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tamir Lenk posted:

Eh, I just want to know how high up the mountain he had to go before it stopped being in color.

Put my old wheels back on. The plain janes it comes with were so boring.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Das Volk posted:

I went for a drive today

Thanks for the new wallpaper. :tipshat:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Ferremit posted:

Someone got really upset that someone else had a nice thing, and decided to make a very original joke about it.

Tamir Lenk posted:

The contrast worked really well with the lighting, the original photo was kind of hazy looking and I discovered grayscale looked better, although I don't have the skills/level of effort to do any 'real' postprocessing. The original photo is here: http://imgur.com/VF7N1yw

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think I like the color version better, I like how the (upper portion of the) sky is the same hue as the car, but a slightly different tone - they complement each other nicely.

Great pic either way.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Das Volk posted:

Someone got really upset that someone else had a nice thing, and decided to make a very original joke about it.

The contrast worked really well with the lighting, the original photo was kind of hazy looking and I discovered grayscale looked better, although I don't have the skills/level of effort to do any 'real' postprocessing. The original photo is here: http://imgur.com/VF7N1yw

drat, where is that? Looks amazing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Linux Nazi posted:

How do you like it?

I just put an order in for mine, white as well, though with a few different trim options.

It was hilariously impossible to find these in a manual transmission to test drive. Finally a local dealer got a used 2014 z51 in and let me put about 12 miles on it.

I get that some people prefer an automatic. I just had no idea that the skew was so big. Out of the 40 or so on the lots around here, I'm talking like 3 are manuals.

That scenery is eating up the picture of that beautiful automobile.

The rev match is a godsend when you're feeling lazy but it's also so convenient that you'll give up even bothering to heel-toe when you drive it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Das Volk posted:

I'm upset that you have such a nice thing and that you live so drat far away.

I would put my junk on your car if you lived nearby is what I am saying.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Das Volk posted:

Jealousy? On AI? Surely you jest!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Every body jealous of my beat up miata

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

How do you like it?

Especially the 2014s, I've heard of people trading in those autos to get the 2015 version (it is MUCH better).

I loving love mine. There's a few annoying build quality/noise chevyisms but otherwise it is phenomenal. It sounds nuts, it's absurdly fast (felony-levels speeding before you know it) and it looks like an exotic and better than pretty much anything on the road".

e: Let's make a 2 person OFFICIAL CORVETTE C7 OWNER THREAD

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Randuin posted:

drat, where is that? Looks amazing.

That would be just off Panoramic Highway on Ridgecrest, where literally dozens of car commercials have been shot, including this Head 2 Head episode.

Incidentally, they will be filming at the VCHC for Motor Trend and Roadkill magazine, so it'll be fun to meet that group.

shodanjr_gr posted:

Especially the 2014s, I've heard of people trading in those autos to get the 2015 version (it is MUCH better).

I loving love mine. There's a few annoying build quality/noise chevyisms but otherwise it is phenomenal. It sounds nuts, it's absurdly fast (felony-levels speeding before you know it) and it looks like an exotic and better than pretty much anything on the road".

I'm curious what quality issues the current Vettes have. The gremlin I can't seem to get rid of is my shifter handle keeps unscrewing itself, and I'm going to take it apart and loctite that fucker good.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Das Volk posted:

I'm curious what quality issues the current Vettes have. The gremlin I can't seem to get rid of is my shifter handle keeps unscrewing itself, and I'm going to take it apart and loctite that fucker good.

There's some rattles, some cheap plastics and a weird exhaust vibration around 3k rpm for me. Otherwise it's great. But I do not care at all.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug

shodanjr_gr posted:

Lets!

Arctic Whites only, of course.

Mine is going to have this exact same trim color options. Just ordered it friday though so I'm not going to see it until probably Oct :(

shodanjr_gr posted:

There's some rattles, some cheap plastics and a weird exhaust vibration around 3k rpm for me. Otherwise it's great. But I do not care at all.

I've only driven Subarus until now. Do your best, GM!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I really don't like Corvette styling but that's a drat pretty and angry looking car.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Mine is going to have this exact same trim color options. Just ordered it friday though so I'm not going to see it until probably Oct :(

Surprised you didn't find one close to your spec, there are a ton of stingrays on lots here. Then again now that I think about it they are all probably 8-speed autos.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What the hell are those red lights in the vents?

Also I spent all of 1998-2012 in '98-'02 GM vehicles. I am immune to cheap plastic for life. Cheap plastic just means weight savings to me.

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

davebo posted:

Also I spent all of 1998-2012 in '98-'02 GM vehicles. I am immune to cheap plastic for life. Cheap plastic just means weight savings to me.

Speed lights.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug

davebo posted:

Presumably the GM quality shining through. Or something is on fire.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Surprised you didn't find one close to your spec, there are a ton of stingrays on lots here. Then again now that I think about it they are all probably 8-speed autos.

Generally that's the case.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 13, 2015

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Lets!

Arctic Whites only, of course.

So turns out there's three of us at work with a Arctic White C7 vette. One's gonna be a Z06. Come join us :haw:.

quote:

I've only driven Subarus until now. Do your best, GM!

It is infinitely superior to my mustangs too. I just had my expectations too high.

Linux Nazi posted:

Generally that's the case.

The A8 auto is pretty darn good though!

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Pillbug

shodanjr_gr posted:

The A8 auto is pretty darn good though!

It's probably better than a manual in every way except for my enjoyment of using it :)

Did you order yours? If so, how long did it take to get in?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

shodanjr_gr posted:

Got her washed:

Stingray in white is the best color.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

It's probably better than a manual in every way except for my enjoyment of using it :)

No it was incoming stock at the dealer. I also got a very good price for it and didn't wanna wait the two months. It took about a week to arrive.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Linux Nazi posted:

I've pretty much figured out why the DSG is half a second faster 0-60 than the 6 speed in the R. It takes me that long to realize I need to shift from 1-> 2. It hits redline faster than any car I've ever driven.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea I had an 04 R32 and first gear was ridiculously short. Its over before your brain can even think about shifting to second.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sounds like 1st in an M47 trans Volvo 240. 1st gear is good for maybe 10mph tops if you want to keep the revs to a sane level.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm pretty sure my 1st gear maxes out around 62mph. It's kind of nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

^^^a video of that would be awesome. The mazdaspud6 also was part of hilarious short first gear crew. Combined with the baby turbo that spooled low it made 5-25MPH rather violent.