Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Yestermoment posted:

Sometimes, Gortarius, I suspect that you are the 1000$ backer award that impersonates a Barkley dev. :tinfoil:

The only person who will ever get anything out of this kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gortarius posted:

PS. In other news there has been mysterious talks and elusive rumors floating about that perhaps sometime after this weekend an official ToG Sludge Overlord will briefly break the radio silence to spread out some nonsense propaganda or whatever. Heh, don't hold your breath over that one...

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Really, the only vestige of the Kickstarter that actually turned out anything being a laughing skull that tells inane lies about video game features would be pretty true to the ToG vision.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Gortarius posted:

PS. In other news there has been mysterious talks and elusive rumors floating about that perhaps sometime after this weekend an official ToG Sludge Overlord will briefly break the radio silence to spread out some nonsense propaganda or whatever. Heh, don't hold your breath over that one...

This was supposed to already have happened. Typical ToG incompetence...

pfft..

PS. There is now a possibility to have a gun that you can shoot yourself with and it'll clone you. Don't know if it'll stay in the game as is. The way it normally works is that you try to kill a bunch of enemies with a minigun only to realize that you just doubled their number.

ToG is a fun hating entity so you'll just have to imagine this scenario (and the game itself) in your head because that is all you get.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Gortarius posted:

This was supposed to already have happened. Typical ToG incompetence...

Typical ToG incompetence would have seen it released Sunday night, we're clearly looking at atypical ToG incompetence.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
after this game is released i plan on trying out a new, more meta form of comedy where i act as though the game came out last year and my posts about things will be headed by "remember that time...", to continue to live up on the development length by implying the game should have been out a considerable amount of time before its actual release

my main concern is that i am, perhaps, being too esoteric as per usual, and itd be more effective to instead refuse to acknowledge its release and continue to complain bitterly about the delay. any advice?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Gortarius posted:

PS. There is now a possibility to have a gun that you can shoot yourself with and it'll clone you. Don't know if it'll stay in the game as is. The way it normally works is that you try to kill a bunch of enemies with a minigun only to realize that you just doubled their number.

ToG is a fun hating entity so you'll just have to imagine this scenario (and the game itself) in your head because that is all you get.

How many weapon affixes are in the game at this point and how many do you have plans for?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

senae posted:

Typical ToG incompetence would have seen it released Sunday night, we're clearly looking at atypical ToG incompetence.

They can't even do incompetence right.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
They tweeted a thing. Some PAX nonsense at the end of the month.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i want to play this video game

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

this is the worst looking basketball game ever

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Any word on a Vectrex port?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

sinking belle posted:

Any word on a Vectrex port?

What about the Super Megason IV.

Or a Phantom Game Console

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
sometime i get so excited about playing this i do laser noises with my mouth and people look at me but i dont give a poo poo shut up and jam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I legitimately can't figure out if this game is actually coming out or if everything is just a long ongoing parody of bloated game development.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

knwoing it was a parody would've been helpful before I dropped 20 bucks on it

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

ImpAtom posted:

I legitimately can't figure out if this game is actually coming out or if everything is just a long ongoing parody of bloated game development.

Heh... sounds like you are just where we want you to be...

Keep your fiends close and your foes closer, and always keep them guessing.

Travel to Pax Prime and find out oh all the tickets have been sold out for a month. It's almost like the announcement came after there was no more tickets... almost as if to stop people from being able to come to the booth. After all, no one is going to notice if one booth is missing unless they specifically came to see it right?

Heh... like clockwork.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

even MGS5 managed to escape dev hell faster :smug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Unfortunately it's kinda become both. They've demo'd test builds of the game at conventions and live streamed assets being drawn so there's definitely something there, but evidently there's been some major project issues along the way. I'd appreciate it if they just made some proper project updates and let us know where things stood, this radio silence/Gortarius's extreme GBSery is really unprofessional

Gortarius posted:

Heh... sounds like you are just where we want you to be...

Keep your fiends close and your foes closer, and always keep them guessing.

Travel to Pax Prime and find out oh all the tickets have been sold out for a month. It's almost like the announcement came after there was no more tickets... almost as if to stop people from being able to come to the booth. After all, no one is going to notice if one booth is missing unless they specifically came to see it right?

Heh... like clockwork.

Your posting is really, really bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you'll find in fact that his posting is gold. Incan gold.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I expect more from the noted professionals at Tales of Game's

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

yeah honestly I'm really tired of the bullshit and it'd be nice to just know actual stuff

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

I expect more from the noted professionals at Tales of Game's

They kinda became professionals when they raised $120K from fans to work full time on a commercial video game. If there's development issues or holdups they really should have actually communicated them by now

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

A Steampunk Gent posted:

They kinda became professionals when they raised $120K from fans to work full time on a commercial video game. If there's development issues or holdups they really should have actually communicated them by now
You sound like a professional whiner.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Your posting is really, really bad

I disagree.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People were well aware of the dangers of Kickstarter when this whole thing started, so if you donated more than :10bux: lol at you

Has it taken too long? Sure, no doubt. But they're working on it, which is more than I can say than most KS projects that go on this long.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I think they should give us more status information, and also that Gortarius should keep shitposting.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

You sound like a professional whiner.

'The developers of a game that has been in production for three years and hasn't had an update in six months should let us know how it's doing and when we can expect it' - professional whining

Seriously, it's a really low bar to cross and it really wouldn't kill them to just type up a short post letting us know they haven't run out of funds or it's stuck in development hell or whatever

Khorne
May 1, 2002
They're trying to make a really great game that they can be proud of okay guys? I'd rather wait 3 years for a really good game than get a pile of gar'bage right now.

I keep forgetting I donated to this game's kickstarter through paypal and not on kickstarter. The only other game I kickstarted I sold my kickstarter tier for more than I paid and never even played the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm okay with it either way, it was a tenner that I legitimately forgot I dropped! I just literally forget it exists until the thread pops back up and I'm like "Oh, right, this is... coming out?"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

A Steampunk Gent posted:

'The developers of a game that has been in production for three years and hasn't had an update in six months should let us know how it's doing and when we can expect it' - professional whining

Seriously, it's a really low bar to cross and it really wouldn't kill them to just type up a short post letting us know they haven't run out of funds or it's stuck in development hell or whatever

Ok

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I await the release of The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa with unyielding enthusiasm and faith. I am as Linus in his vigil for the Great Pumpkin. Facts, reason, and even the passing of years will not shake me.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wouldn't mind the shitposting if there were like, actual updates on game progress either.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A Steampunk Gent posted:

tbh much worse games got 5 million+

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
And they actually produced a game instead of inside-joke body pillows.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

coulda sworn "castlevania" and "failed novelty open world japan simulator part iii" had nothing to dshow in their kickstarters.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Yeah, you're right, I put a bit of faith in Kickstarter there for a second. My bad.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

i want to play this video game

Me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
picturing Gortarius going cap in hand to his overlords

"i'm beggin ya gimme something"