Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Zurai (or others who know), if one were to make it through all of SBC 2 without getting A SINGLE ONE of the Holy Trinity (Sentinel's, Lunatic High, Boon), how hosed would one be for future non-凶 content? I'm trying to prepare myself for this eventuality and know how much mythril I should desperation-sink into banners 40 and 41.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You can clear EX+(+) fights in Japan without having character relics, it's just harder. When I got Cloud's 2nd memory crystal I didn't have a single character relic on my party. I had natural 5* weapons on Cloud/Sephiroth/Sabin though, but most of my skills were also only r3 so if you have a good RW buddy (I used Yuna) and bring break(down)s and other relevant skills you should be fine.

I'm looking forward to the Cloud MC2 fight here because my team's far more developed than my Japan team was at that time so I imagine the fight will go much smoother even if I don't bring Stop for Jenovah LIFE.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Thanks, guess I have to force myself to be sane with my mythril then. :smith:

One more JP question. DU#17 just came out, and it includes Strago's MC1...but he already had his MC1 in an event. I assume the MC1 item is different from the MC2 item and you just get a Growth Egg if you repeat one?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Oh? You haven't got 3 7 star Danjuros, yet? You must be new here.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
50 mythril draw on the new banner, zero 5*s. :smith:

e: Did another one, got Vega :unsmith:

Papercut fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 11, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Felt like I should press my luck and did a 3 pull so I'd be left with 100 mythril, all crap. Cutting my future losses and waiting for SB celebration

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

pksage posted:

Zurai (or others who know), if one were to make it through all of SBC 2 without getting A SINGLE ONE of the Holy Trinity (Sentinel's, Lunatic High, Boon), how hosed would one be for future non-凶 content? I'm trying to prepare myself for this eventuality and know how much mythril I should desperation-sink into banners 40 and 41.

I don't have any of the holy trinity and I've been able to do every EX+ and nearly every EX++ for quite a while now. There are a couple EX++s which I've given a couple attempts at and skipped because they were made of bullshit, but for the most part they're manageable without any single specific native SBs. Evil bosses are completely different, it really feels to me that outside of gimmick solo kills you absolutely need native sources of two out of the three of Sentinel's Grimoire, an AOE heal, and either Lunatic High or Boon.

pksage posted:

Thanks, guess I have to force myself to be sane with my mythril then. :smith:

One more JP question. DU#17 just came out, and it includes Strago's MC1...but he already had his MC1 in an event. I assume the MC1 item is different from the MC2 item and you just get a Growth Egg if you repeat one?

Yeah, it's a 4* growth egg for crystals you already have.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zurai posted:

I don't have any of the holy trinity and I've been able to do every EX+ and nearly every EX++ for quite a while now. There are a couple EX++s which I've given a couple attempts at and skipped because they were made of bullshit, but for the most part they're manageable without any single specific native SBs. Evil bosses are completely different, it really feels to me that outside of gimmick solo kills you absolutely need native sources of two out of the three of Sentinel's Grimoire, an AOE heal, and either Lunatic High or Boon.

I know Global and JP don't have the same titles, so just to clarify your above paragraph:

You did every JP EX+ (which is Global EX++) and nearly every JP EX++ (which is Global EX+++?) for quite a while now, and then there's JP Evil which is even harder?

Or did you already convert the titles to fit what Global uses, so it's all referring to the equivalent of Global EX+/EX++/Evil?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I can't log into the game. It keeps giving me the following error:

quote:

Google Account Error

Your Google account or this app is not authorized by Google Play Service.

But it was working just fine this morning. What the gently caress is going on here and how do I fix it?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm getting that error too, so there's definitely something going on.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

kalensc posted:

I know Global and JP don't have the same titles, so just to clarify your above paragraph:

You did every JP EX+ (which is Global EX++) and nearly every JP EX++ (which is Global EX+++?) for quite a while now, and then there's JP Evil which is even harder?

Or did you already convert the titles to fit what Global uses, so it's all referring to the equivalent of Global EX+/EX++/Evil?

I'm referring to the JP stage titles. I try to stick to "first bonus stage, second bonus stage", etc for global (or boss rush instead of first bonus).

Also technically JP EX+ is not global EX++, it's global ++; for whatever moronic reason DeNA decided to drop the EX and add a + to every bonus stage name. I half expect them to call the global version of Evil stages EX (with no pluses) just for that extra measure of confusion.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

But it was working just fine this morning. What the gently caress is going on here and how do I fix it?

Have you updated yet?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Have you updated yet?

It's right at the top of my list of recently updated apps in the Google Play Store in my account list.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

W.T. Fits posted:

I've had that come up before, and heard of it from other people. It usually goes away in a little while on its own.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just had it hit me too. Clearing cache doesn't do anything. :sigh:

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Have you updated yet?

I'm getting the same thing. I was just on an hour ago and there are no updates in the play store. Good thing I just used all my stam.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I just got a "Win a Nomura figurine of Cloud!" update, is that what's causing these issues?

It also added a "Special" button in Realms, I'm not clicking anything related to it until I burn some stamina though.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The guy from reddit who writes all those in depth dungeon reviews found data mined info about the next soul break event, most importantly that it starts on September 3rd, and contains the 6 characters expected, 2 reissue and 4 new, but contains none of their memory crystalls.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

kalensc posted:

I just got a "Win a Nomura figurine of Cloud!" update, is that what's causing these issues?

It also added a "Special" button in Realms, I'm not clicking anything related to it until I burn some stamina though.

If you've already beaten the first FF7 dungeon, you can safely click on that "Special" button and get a free entry in to the drawing for a signed Cloud statue. If you haven't beaten that first dungeon yet, you'll have to run it.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

The guy from reddit who writes all those in depth dungeon reviews found data mined info about the next soul break event, most importantly that it starts on September 3rd, and contains the 6 characters expected, 2 reissue and 4 new, but contains none of their memory crystalls.

I'm blind and can't find that post on reddit, which are the 2 reissues without MCs?

Oooooh, you meant Festival of Gold and not the soul break event? Or were those at the same time last time, I forget.

Edit: Haha, goddamn, going to just grind orbs all of August if the Mastery rewards for these bosses are top-notch, because there is apparently no realm synergy bonus:

pre:
    Phase 1 "Eggs Dungeon (Yuna)". Bosses include Garland-FF1, Medusa, Leviathan-FF4 at EX, and Summoner Isaaru at EX+.

Phase 2 "Weapon Upgrade Dungeon". Bosses include Adamantoise-FF2, Flan-FF12, Chocobo Eater at EX, and Seymour with Guado Guards at EX+.

Phase 3 "Gil Dungeon". Ifrit-FF5, a quartet of lizard guys in FF12, Dragon-FF7 at EX, and Black Waltz 1 at EX+.

Phase 4 "Armour Upgrade Dungeon". Tunnel Armour, Kraken in Chaos Temple, Bahamut-FF4 at EX, and Atma Weapon at EX+.

Phase 5 "Egg Dungeon (Squall)." Magitek Armour, Air Cutter Remora, Manasvin Warmech at EX, and BGH251F2 plus its operators at EX+.
And my favorite resource has tons of info already up: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/forbidden-treasure/

kalensc fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 11, 2015

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Edit: f;b. Whatever, I'm leaving it here.

So the other day people were wondering how we'd get Mog, Leon, etc. Kongbakpao has this up now, about some realm-nonspecific "rewards" event:
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/forbidden-treasure/

It comes after the Aerith re-release, the Eiko event, and the Rinoa re-release in their timeline.

Sounds like there will be a new round of battles every two days for ten days. You'll also get two "lithographs" you can trade in for "special rewards" from the various stages every two days (for a total of ten lithographs). For example, the phase 1 ++ battle has a special reward of Major Growth Eggs x10 (!), Mythril x1. You can apparently save up your lithographs for later days. Looks like all the special rewards follow the same pattern, though: Mythril x1 plus some amount of the same reward type.

Phase 1: Growth Eggs (up to 10 Major)
Phase 2: Scarletite (up to 20 Major. Ouch, inventory space)
Phase 3: Gil
Phase 4: Adamantite
Phase 5: Growth Eggs

Other notable rewards (that don't require Lithographs):
Phase 1: Yuna (FF10), Leon (FF2)
Phase 2: Mog (FF6)
Phase 3: Nada, just Gil
Phase 4: Firion (FF2)
Phase 5: Squall (FF8), Edward (FF4)

Notably, though, the event gives no memory crystals, no abilities, and no equipment. I'm not sure what Japan got and we're missing out on, though...

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Definitely leave yours there Schwartz, considering that the best rewards need Mastery and there's no synergy it's probably best to mention multiple times that this event lands in four weeks time so people can prep.

As soon as I Master the Seymour/Anima fight again I'll pulling for so many drat weapons:

pre:
Mastery Reward 	Large Scarletite x16
Completion Reward 	Gil × 20000
First Time Completion 	Large Scarletite x8
Special Reward 	Giant Scarletite x20, Mythril x1

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Schwartzcough posted:

Notably, though, the event gives no memory crystals, no abilities, and no equipment. I'm not sure what Japan got and we're missing out on, though...

Keep in mind that Festival of Gold awarded abilities and equipment as daily login rewards, which there's no mention of anywhere in what's been datelined. So I wouldn't rule either of those out entirely.

The main thing Japan got that I see no mention of is tons and tons of orbs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Urgh, I need more Mythril to hoard. I want to pull on the Eiko banner, the Golbez banner, and the rest will go into the Sentinel/Storm Staff banner. I might risk skipping the Golbez banner, as great as 'bez is. When's the expected time that the celebration is hitting?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Keep in mind that Festival of Gold awarded abilities and equipment as daily login rewards, which there's no mention of anywhere in what's been datelined. So I wouldn't rule either of those out entirely.

The main thing Japan got that I see no mention of is tons and tons of orbs.

I don't recall this event giving out gear and skills as a daily login reward bonus. The Gold Saucer event did however this isn't that event. I kinda wish it was because the Gold Saucer event was basically Festival of Gold on steroids and if/when we get it here I'll probably just farm it non-stop.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Sazh has a little chocobo sprite in his hair :3:

It bounces up and down during victories :3: :3: :3:

Also, I'm lovin' the enemy health bars... A+ upgrade~

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm not even sure if this should be considered the Festival of Gold 2, seems like a special Global event to cram in the characters from the cross-over JP events. You can't grind amazing dungeons for gil/xp/upgrades like in FoG1, so perhaps an FoG2-type event may still come at the end of the year?

Will be interesting to see the Lithographs in action, I assume that they'll stay active for a battle if you don't quit it completely but will it disappear if you need to exit to adjust your party and come back? With no realm synergy bonuses you can't necessarily look at past success versus these enemies as assurance that you'll succeed this time, might be worth double-spending the stamina to ensure you can Master an iffy level before committing the Lithograph to it.

Edit: HP bars can overlap, came up during that Lightning boss which has arms that regenerate. On Classic it was irrelevant but I'll definitely be killing the left arm on Elite to maintain full view of the depleted HP bar in Elite and Boss Rush if applicable.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 11, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Odd, I apparently only have power/magic breakdown but I could've sworn I got mental or magic breakdown from an event or something. Either way, I'm torn on what breakdown to make/hone for Sazh to use. Learning towards r3 defense breakdown for faster killing but I know power/magic breakdown are invaluable for not dying too.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
How do people who already downloaded the game enter the draw?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Odd, I apparently only have power/magic breakdown but I could've sworn I got mental or magic breakdown from an event or something. Either way, I'm torn on what breakdown to make/hone for Sazh to use. Learning towards r3 defense breakdown for faster killing but I know power/magic breakdown are invaluable for not dying too.

The damage mitigation going from Break to Breakdown in Power/Magic is greater than the damage increase going from Break to Breakdown in Armor/Mental I'm fairly sure. The orbs required for each hone played a factor too, I put Magic to R3 and Armor/Power to R2 and left Mental at R1 to start.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Power and Magic Breakdown are frankly necessary. Armor Breakdown is nice, but only if say, your boss only uses magic or only uses physical attacks. Otherwise you won't have room for 3+ breakdowns unless you want to run 2 support characters.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Violet_Sky posted:

How do people who already downloaded the game enter the draw?

There is a "special" button on the Realms screen, under the regular quests button.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The Special button info screen is empty for me, so I assume I got entered by default since I've long beaten the first dungeon in the game. If that isn't the case, who cares, I don't want a doll. I wouldn't mind that PS4 when that contest starts though.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

I've had that come up before, and heard of it from other people. It usually goes away in a little while on its own.

Yeah, it's letting me log in again now.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Charles Bukowski posted:

The Special button info screen is empty for me, so I assume I got entered by default since I've long beaten the first dungeon in the game. If that isn't the case, who cares, I don't want a doll. I wouldn't mind that PS4 when that contest starts though.

Yeah, same here. I just want to play FFVII.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
My god that is a lot of cholesterol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Charles Bukowski posted:

Power and Magic Breakdown are frankly necessary. Armor Breakdown is nice, but only if say, your boss only uses magic or only uses physical attacks. Otherwise you won't have room for 3+ breakdowns unless you want to run 2 support characters.

I run a well equipped Wakka on my A team and he always packs armor breakdown and magic/power breakdown depending on the boss's main attacks. I usually just give the opposite break to one of my combat guys and bring shellga or protectga to help.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah Power and Magic are nice to have. Mitigation is key in Record Keeper.

Armor is ok. Mental is eh because Mages will poo poo out damage regardless.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SuperHappy posted:

Also, I'm lovin' the enemy health bars... A+ upgrade~

My only (tiny) complaint about health bars is that the games waits for the animation of the bar draining. So if you're running at speed 5, smashing through trash, it takes a bit longer, since every time you one-hit guys, there's a 2-second pause as the bar drains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I beat both those arena jerks finally. I probably would have done better against Schizo if I timed my magic breaks better. Didn't champion it. I might be able to but it'd be by the skin of my teeth and i'd rather use my stamina elsewhere for the time being.

Proud Clod? I'll be damned if I champion that son of a bitch.

• Locked thread