Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I tried testing it with raw drops but I got a Super Success fusing my fodder together. gently caress.

Okay so level 18 2* Sylph gives 11,966. Level 12 2* Parmi gives 4013. Together this is 15,979. Fusing Sylph into Parmi gives me a net total of... 11,192 exp. This is all with same element.

If I weren't out of energy and out of fodder I'd try some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I keep getting wrecked at trial X1.

http://dewey.zapto.org/users/256

Need some tips on what to use and what to do, thanks.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

echofriendly posted:

Something is wrong with my math or yours, or im not doing it right.

lvl 1 nick is worth 1534 xp
Dragon Mimic is worth 6520

fused him into nick for a great success i.e. 9780 xp

fused nick into edit:Claire for....8169 xp.

please help me understand where you dont lose xp.

See the last paragraph of my previous post. Any great/super you get in the dragon mimic into Nick fusion doesn't carry over to your Nick into Claire fusion. Only in the final step will great/super successes count. Your dragon mimic'ed Nick should have been worth 8054xp; I have no idea where the extra 115xp came from though.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

I added another 5 slots so you should be able to add me now.

Keep in mind this only works if the unit isn't at max level yet.

Also if you feed 5 crystals to a same-element unit and get a SUPER Success then that unit's worth more XP than the 5 crystals were on their own. I had a 2* Vargas that I fed to Claire(?) awhile back and he was worth about 1.3million XP. I got a GREAT Success on that feed as well. :getin:

Still it's only worth doing if you really need to save space.

My team does feel like cheating sometimes.

Thanks friend. I sent my friend request. Rc3x2 was easier than expected and now I am grinding through rc4 to get to Exodous (or uprising? I forget) omw to void chunks, I need one for Ultor as well.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 12, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Oh boy, maintenance in the next couple of days looks pretty good

quote:

Another chapter of great adventure is about to come for all the Legendary Summoners. New secrets that will be revealed as we venture further to the lands of Grand Gaia and Ishgria!

In line with the opening of this new chapter, please be advised that we will have a scheduled server maintenance on August 13, 03:00 PST and will last for approximately 6 hours.

We strongly advise to finish all necessary task and avoid accessing the game during the said period to reduce the risk of complications with your account.

Below are the updates:
Ishgria 2nd Map - Lem
7-star Evolutions of Will, Oulu and Altri
Preparation for Raid Battle RC 5 Mission 1 - 6
Level Up Campaign on Achievement System
Lv. 101 - 150

I'm not sure if I have a place in my squad for Will, Oulu and Altri anymore given the SBS units cover everything but getting a bunch of free stuff without doing anything is always neat.

I wonder if they'll give out Shida for the level up campaign?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kegslayer posted:

I'm not sure if I have a place in my squad for Will, Oulu and Altri anymore given the SBS units cover everything but getting a bunch of free stuff without doing anything is always neat.

Considering I still haven't pulled Elimo, it'll be nice to have a 7* mitigator in the Ice Castle... though I'm going to have "fun" going through Lira's Lv3 GGC for its required sphere.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

One can always dream!

Knowing my luck they probably will only because I JUST max imped my Sola and Madia for the upcoming Frontier Hunter seasons to make them a bit more durable.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
I've finally hit the point where I can start using a 7-star or two without destroying my team comps, but now I'm not sure what units to focus on for leveling/imping anymore. I've been using a mono-dark team pretty much the whole time with Kikuri(L), Elza, Hadaron, Mifune, and Aaron, sometimes I'll sub in Alice if I'm desperate for a dark healer (15 summons with Ivris on rate-up and still no dice), or Rigness for heal+null.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/355/
Not pictured: Bestie, Toutetsu, Vernil.

Could anyone take a look and give me some good ideas for squads so I'm not wasting resources?

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
I just wanted to give an update on how I'm doing so far in the game. I hit level 40 and climbing, I'm saving gems for the next good event with a guaranteed awesome unit for draws, I've got a decent party going with some free units from achievement giveaways, I'm saving all my honor points for a good summon event, and I've been enjoying the double xp quests and half energy Vortex events. Here are my current units: http://dewey.zapto.org/units/356/

Thanks for the great OP and the advice so far. If anyone would prefer I lead with one of the units I have besides 5* Amy, I would be happy to switch over.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Just a quick note in case anybody wasn't aware:

If you're doing hard content and you realize you're about to wipe, you can force close the game and you won't lose any of the items you've used. I've done this to keep a bunch of my Crescent Dews.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bybus Slago posted:

I've finally hit the point where I can start using a 7-star or two without destroying my team comps, but now I'm not sure what units to focus on for leveling/imping anymore. I've been using a mono-dark team pretty much the whole time with Kikuri(L), Elza, Hadaron, Mifune, and Aaron, sometimes I'll sub in Alice if I'm desperate for a dark healer (15 summons with Ivris on rate-up and still no dice), or Rigness for heal+null.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/355/
Not pictured: Bestie, Toutetsu, Vernil.

Could anyone take a look and give me some good ideas for squads so I'm not wasting resources?

Honestly, Kikuri Lead, Elza, Aaron, Alice, and either Magress or Grah (depending on your needs/cost cieling) is a drat solid team for a lot of content, including easily all of the current Story stages. All it's missing is status prevention and healing which, yeah, you'd need Ivris to keep it mono-dark. Really, if you got an Ivris, a Feeva, and maybe an Ardin (though getting Grah to 6* would serve the same purpose there) you'd never even need to touch your other elements again. Hadaron is pretty bad since Gumi nerfed his BB/SBB niche into uselessness, and Mifune is the biggest glass cannon which is generally going to be a hindrance more than a help in later stages.

As for non-Dark input:
  • Darvanshel is probably the best 6* mitigator you can get for general use; his DEF buff might not be as big as Oulu's but he does damage with his BB/SBB which makes him both easier to BB-level with common fodder and lets him contribute to BC production. If you need to evolve Aaron to his 7*, it might be worth swapping Darv in for him. Shera is similar, but has an ATK buff on her SBB instead. Since you have Kikuri to provide the BB When Attacked, Narza is only useful if you need both a mitigator and status preventer and only have one space in your lineup.
  • If you want a general use Raid/Trial/GGC team, you'd probably be pretty well-off with Bestie/Raaga/Rigness/Kikuri/Aaron, with your lead depending on who's got the stronger LS at the time - though it's generally going to alternate between Bestie and Raaga.
  • If you're looking at running Frontier Hunter, you're going to want to get Quaid up to his 7* form; between Quaid and Grah (or Rinon) you have all elements covered, and then past that you can fill in the empty slots as needed with stronger units (Bestie, Raaga, and Kikuri, as usual, seem to be your A-team) and pretty much autobattle through most of it.
  • You're lacking in any really ironclad Arena setups at the moment, but running the mono-dark team should get you through pretty drat well.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Damegane posted:

See the last paragraph of my previous post. Any great/super you get in the dragon mimic into Nick fusion doesn't carry over to your Nick into Claire fusion. Only in the final step will great/super successes count. Your dragon mimic'ed Nick should have been worth 8054xp; I have no idea where the extra 115xp came from though.

Nick is worth 8169.
you lose 30+% by using fusion batteries.
had i just fused the two seperately i would have got 8054 with no success bonus

so even WITH a super success giving nick 50% more xp (ergo 50% more levels than he would have gained) i didnt gain much over just fusing seperately them with no bonus...

the ONLY benefit to using batteries is saving money. thats it.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

echofriendly posted:

Nick is worth 8169.
you lose 30+% by using fusion batteries.
had i just fused the two seperately i would have got 8054 with no success bonus

so even WITH a super success giving nick 50% more xp (ergo 50% more levels than he would have gained) i didnt gain much over just fusing seperately them with no bonus...

And box space. Now that money is seldom ever an issue, this method is mostly meant for storing extra gods and crystals. It's just not worth the hassle to do it with rubbish fodder units anymore.

Again, great/super successes don't actually count for the "stored XP" value with this method. Even if your fodder unit is personally getting 50/100% extra levels from a great/super, he himself (when used as fodder) is still only worth the total XP of whatever has been fed to him, plus whatever XP he himself is worth as a unit. Now that I think about it, the extra 115xp is probably from the levels he gained after eating the dragon mimic.

Also, how are you getting the 30% loss figure? I honestly don't understand that bit.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

echofriendly posted:

I suppose it clears up space while storing some of the EXP value, like if you've got a 6* to evolve, ever-growing piles of fodder, and Friday is ages away.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3gp51h/es_learning_system/.compact
Japan is getting an "extra skill" frog that adds an extra skill to your unit on fusion that can be removed as well. They are generic enough skills, but run in rarity from 1* to 6*. Comparable to getting a third sphere.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

Just a quick note in case anybody wasn't aware:

If you're doing hard content and you realize you're about to wipe, you can force close the game and you won't lose any of the items you've used. I've done this to keep a bunch of my Crescent Dews.

While this is true for Global, Alim implemented some check system such that this does not work in the JP version. So it's just a matter of time before it comes to Global.

Another "trick" is for Raids; put your phone into airplane mode while fighting a boss to prevent it from running away. However this will prevent you from receiving your teams added damage to help kill the boss so only do this with bosses you know you can kill yourself. On your turn that can kill the boss, turn off airplane mode so your game can register that you killed the target to the servers.

This trick has been patched out in JP as well so use it while you can, if you need it.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

CashEnsign posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3gp51h/es_learning_system/.compact
Japan is getting an "extra skill" frog that adds an extra skill to your unit on fusion that can be removed as well. They are generic enough skills, but run in rarity from 1* to 6*. Comparable to getting a third sphere.

So the threes skills are:

Increase max HP by 10%
Boost damage when sparking
Invalidate Poison, Injury, and Weaken status ailments

The sparking and 10% HP are pretty nice. I doubt you would ever count on those status ailments. Pretty cool just a way to put an extra cherry on top of whatever unit you really like but not game changers in any way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kegslayer posted:

Oh boy, maintenance in the next couple of days looks pretty good

Part of me is really tempted to level my anima Oulu but I'll probably just evolve the lvl 100 guardian-type I currently have instead. Though I already have Edea(l), Aaron(b), almost fully imped Elimo(a), and probably others.

I really should work Elimo in to my team so I can drop Kanon for someone else but a dedicated healer almost never seems necessary, even in some raids, since Tridon pretty much takes care of survivability issues.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Trebek posted:

So the threes skills are:

Increase max HP by 10%
Boost damage when sparking
Invalidate Poison, Injury, and Weaken status ailments

The sparking and 10% HP are pretty nice. I doubt you would ever count on those status ailments. Pretty cool just a way to put an extra cherry on top of whatever unit you really like but not game changers in any way.

Those three skills were just examples to pitch the concept I believe. Their rarity range also indicates how strong their buffs will be, so I imagine the 6* extra skills will be quite powerful and competitive.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

KataraniSword posted:

Advice stuff

Thanks for the advice. I almost forgot Quaid had a 7 star, looks like I'll have to get mecha gods for him and Bestie when thats up again.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've been doing trials because my unit list is only 2 units short of max (and I don't want/have any gems for upgrading its capacity) with all the crystals/gods I'm hoarding for the fusion rate up event.

I've cleared trails 1-3 but I'm having trouble with trial 4.

I'm sure I have the units to do it without issue: http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/ (the ultor is actually 7* and max'd the tridon is not)

I've been using a throwaway team of B-listers to get past the first boss, he'll kill 3 of him with his auto-kill moves at 50/25% and then the survivors will get another 10-20% off the second boss before they go down and I have my actual team of Kanon(lead), Colt, Feeva, Shera, Rosetta with a Tridon friend. The biggest issue I'm having is that I can't keep shera's mitigation up permanently and sometimes the boss just uses deadly end on a whim and murders a dude. After a few times of having that happen I'm out of revives and I'll eventually get whittled down. I'm following the info for the fight on the brave frontier wiki but after a couple attempts I can't seem to figure out what I could be doing better.

E: beyond this fight I'm sure I'm going to have issues with other trials/grandquests/etc is there a better resource than the wiki? It has general info and even some specific stuff but it's hard to parse meaningfully.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 13, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I think I did that trial with Zenia, Ultor, darvanshel, rinon, and either feeva or kikuri, with a tridon friend. (Or maybe it was a feeva friend, just make sure you can fill your bb gauge.) Reddit has a good guide for everything, way better than the wiki, do a search or just check the sidebar. Rinon and darv are awesome for that fight, gives you mitigation, healing, status wipe and light/dark elements. I have found that thresholds don't really matter in the low trials when everyone has massive HP and my mitigator is up every turn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2s7kcw/reeses_guide_to_cardes/

With Ultor and Zenia I could just nuke my way through thresholds and Ultor's taunt helps too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, a 7* Ultor friend (especially one with his sphere) and Goddess Idols trivializes the Zebra part of the fight, letting you one-squad it. If you don't have an AoE way of inflicting Paralysis, though (Semira comes to mind) then you might just be better off trying to mitigate Luther instead of shutting him down. Phee is a non-issue; if you can't outdamage her healing you're probably not gonna clear the trial anyway.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I just did it under 20 turns with Feeva lead, Ultor, darvanshel, kikuri, rinon and a maxed Zenia friend with her sphere. Zebra was easy, just get him to a little over 50% health and nuke through his other HP thresholds in one turn. I UBBed Zenia on my second turn with cardes and that wiped his buds. Made a few mistakes and lost Ultor twice (only brought revives and no goddess idols) but managed to beat cardes. I should have used cures on Ultor to keep his health topped off, but the main thing was making sure I nuked past cardes multiple HP thresholds where he does his insta kill attack.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I picked up a tip about Ultor for difficult content. Instead of his sphere, use the sphere "Honor armor" from Paris' GQ. Once he gets under 50% hp, he turns into an ultra tank.

Also, according to the patch notes, we're getting the Water Vortex Arena. If anybody was around for the other elemental vortex arenas, this should cause fear in you like it has me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3gu4nc/update_notes_thu_aug_13_2015/

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Ratmtattat posted:

I picked up a tip about Ultor for difficult content. Instead of his sphere, use the sphere "Honor armor" from Paris' GQ. Once he gets under 50% hp, he turns into an ultra tank.

Also, according to the patch notes, we're getting the Water Vortex Arena. If anybody was around for the other elemental vortex arenas, this should cause fear in you like it has me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3gu4nc/update_notes_thu_aug_13_2015/

I eagerly await the compensation.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

Oh boy, a shitload of grinding for a useless 5* unit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

On the plus side, we have Elimo, Selena, Tridon, Tazer, Colt, and now 7* Oulu.

On the minus side, so will everybody else.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Selena Frontier.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

Also, according to the patch notes, we're getting the Water Vortex Arena.

:negative: Well, it was fun playing a stable game for a little while I guess.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
http://bravefrontier.zapto.org/

New beta site for Dewey. Doesn't look like he's used the old DB, so reregister etc.
Also only seems to be partially working, so we'll see.

Edit:
On another note, tomorrow is going to be a fun day.

I should be able to knock out the miracle totems today. And I've got enough AP for another Legend Stone, though I'm not sure I'll Evo Altri yet, but maybe.

If you're interested in that sheet, check here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3e2ku7/guide_evolution_spreadsheet/

There is a menu option at the top "Brave Frontier Menu" that lets you pull data from the deathmax data dumps to update the sheet with new units when they're released. Pretty handy.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 13, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Server's back up. Will, Altri, Oulu rate up currently. Eventually they will do a "100% Water Unit only" summon event as well.

Level Up campaign rewards are as follows.
code:
Level Up Campaign (100 - 150)
Level	Reward
104	2 Burst Emperors
108	2 Arton Imps
112	3 Cresent Dews
116	Demon Crown
120	2 Gems
124	3 Burst Emporers
128	3 Arton Imps
132	3 Cresent Dews
136	2 Sphere Frogs
140	3 Gems
145	4 Cresent Dews
150	Malice Jewel
Biggest news is JPBF also had their update and Reeze, Ragshelm, Shera 7* data was released.

Reeze
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2421 {440}
Def: 2176 {440}
HP: 6702 {1100}
Rec: 2000 {440}
Hits: 14 / 3 DC
Cost: 40

LS: Status Immunity + 3-4 BC fill when attacked, 100% chance + 700-1k Heal/Turn {+10% REC}
BB: 16 Hits, 260% AoE {+100 flat} + 45% Para/Sick + 10% Para/15% Sick buff for three turns + Cure ailments
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 16
SBB: 18 Hits, 500% AoE {+100 flat} + 200% Atk/Def/Rec buff to self for three turns + 50% Rec->Def convert buff for three turns + Cure ailments
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 18
UBB: 22 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + Cure ailments + Party Angel Idol buff, 50% chance, 100% recovery for 140 turns
BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 22
Extra Skill: 20% Atk/Def/Hp/Rec + ailments immunity on BB/SBB for three turns
Requirement: {Stats portion only}
37660: 緑輝剣鎧ラフドラニア // 50% Def + Crit/EW Resist
47200: 白輝聖鎧メルキオ // 30% Atk/Def + Ailments Immunity + EW Resist
47201: DUELのカケラ // 30% Atk/Hp + 20% Crit + 30% Def Ignore + 4-6 BC fill on crit, 100% chance
Arena Type: 2

Ragshelm
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2347 {340}
Def: 2444 {340}
HP: 6600 {1000}
Rec: 1978 {620}
Hits: 14 / 3 DC

LS: 30% Atk/HP + 15% Ignore Def + 10% Guard mitigation
BB: 17 Hits, 260% AoE {+100 flat} + -30% Atk/-30% Def, 30/30% chance debuff for one turn + 18% Injury buff for three turns BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 17
SBB: 19 Hits, 500% AoE {+100 flat} + -30% Atk/-30% Def, 30/30% chance debuff for two turns + 18% Injury buff for three turns + 25% chance to apply spark debuff, 40% damage increase, for one turn
BC Cost: 23 // Max BC Gen: 19
UBB: 21 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + -60% Atk, 10% chance debuff for one turn, party buff for two turns + 100% chance to apply spark debuff, 100% damage increase, for one turn
BC Cost: 25 // Max BC Gen: 21
Extra Skill: 100% Atk buff when enemy has ailments + Def ignore buff for two turns on BB/SBB

Shera
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2383 {440}
Def: 2372 {440}
HP: 6456 {1100}
Rec: 2155 {440}
Hits: 10 / 4 DC
LS: 25% BB Cost reduction + 20% Dmg reduction, 10% Chance + 30% Ares
BB: 15 Hits, 500% ST {+100 flat} + 50% Mitigation for one turn + 110% Atk buff for three turns
BC Cost: 22 // Max BC Gen: 15
SBB: 30 Hits, 450% AoE {+100 flat} + 50% Mitigation for one turn + 130% Atk buff for three turns + 7 BB fill/turn for three turns
BC Cost: 23 // Max BC Gen: 30
UBB: 22 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + 75% Mitigation for two turns + 250% Atk buff for three turns BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 22
Extra Skill: Def ignore immunity + 4 BC fill on guard

Shera will still be the queen of mitigation for Frontier Hunter. That +130% Attack boost and 7BC/turn buff :3:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Poala Bear posted:

Server's back up. Will, Altri, Oulu rate up currently. Eventually they will do a "100% Water Unit only" summon event as well.

"Eventually" meaning "right now". It's an alternate summon from the main one, 4 gems a pop, minimum 4*, all Water all the time.

That 7* Shera ES... does that mean she's immune to all Def-ignore, including fixed/percentage damage? :aaaaa:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

"Eventually" meaning "right now". It's an alternate summon from the main one, 4 gems a pop, minimum 4*, all Water all the time

Cool, when I logged in, they didn't have that water banner summon as a third swipe. That's pretty neat to do two summon rates at once. I wasn't playing the last time they had an elemental vortex arena going.

I think Shera's ES refers to when enemies get a "Def ignore" buff, like with Trial:006. But who knows; more info will come out once JP servers go live again.

Edit: RC5 missions are available also! "Later" my rear end, Gumi. Yay for delivery of content! Only up to mission 6, so no Owen mock unit reward (completing mission 9).

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 13, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Agent355 posted:

I've been doing trials because my unit list is only 2 units short of max (and I don't want/have any gems for upgrading its capacity) with all the crystals/gods I'm hoarding for the fusion rate up event.

I've cleared trails 1-3 but I'm having trouble with trial 4.

I'm sure I have the units to do it without issue: http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/ (the ultor is actually 7* and max'd the tridon is not)

I've been using a throwaway team of B-listers to get past the first boss, he'll kill 3 of him with his auto-kill moves at 50/25% and then the survivors will get another 10-20% off the second boss before they go down and I have my actual team of Kanon(lead), Colt, Feeva, Shera, Rosetta with a Tridon friend. The biggest issue I'm having is that I can't keep shera's mitigation up permanently and sometimes the boss just uses deadly end on a whim and murders a dude. After a few times of having that happen I'm out of revives and I'll eventually get whittled down. I'm following the info for the fight on the brave frontier wiki but after a couple attempts I can't seem to figure out what I could be doing better.

E: beyond this fight I'm sure I'm going to have issues with other trials/grandquests/etc is there a better resource than the wiki? It has general info and even some specific stuff but it's hard to parse meaningfully.

Cleared Trial 004 using dual Maxwell lead team back when it came out. Took 5 or 6 rounds I think? Revived a couple people killed by Zebra and I took out Cardes from around 51-52% HP in a single round so there was plenty of luck with crits/sparking involved. Geldnite Axe wasn't nerfed to 50% crit damage at the time either.

KataraniSword posted:

On the plus side, we have Elimo, Selena, Tridon, Tazer, Colt, and now 7* Oulu.

On the minus side, so will everybody else.

You don't want to use Elimo or probably Tazer for the arena if you can help it though.

Poala Bear posted:

Shera
Lord Stats/Imps:
Atk: 2383 {440}
Def: 2372 {440}
HP: 6456 {1100}
Rec: 2155 {440}
Hits: 10 / 4 DC
LS: 25% BB Cost reduction + 20% Dmg reduction, 10% Chance + 30% Ares
BB: 15 Hits, 500% ST {+100 flat} + 50% Mitigation for one turn + 110% Atk buff for three turns
BC Cost: 22 // Max BC Gen: 15
SBB: 30 Hits, 450% AoE {+100 flat} + 50% Mitigation for one turn + 130% Atk buff for three turns + 7 BB fill/turn for three turns
BC Cost: 23 // Max BC Gen: 30
UBB: 22 Hits, 1000% AoE {+100 flat} + 75% Mitigation for two turns + 250% Atk buff for three turns BC Cost: 20 // Max BC Gen: 22
Extra Skill: Def ignore immunity + 4 BC fill on guard

Shera will still be the queen of mitigation for Frontier Hunter. That +130% Attack boost and 7BC/turn buff :3:

Can't wait to pair this up with Kanon. Maybe my next unit to max imp will be my largely unused Shera(a) and I'll just skip over Oulu. :getin:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Well, hoping for a Tridon , Oulu or Elimo on the Water summon, got:
5* Eve
4* Arius
4* Rickel
4* Reeze

Yep, those are water units I guess.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Ugh....Twice now I've gotten "server is unavailable" messages after completing "unleash the horde" mission while farming for sanguine relic to evolve my grandt. Should I reinstall? Everything else is working fine. Wtf!

Edit: Well it looks like I created this problem myself by playing on my iphone while my android was reinstalling BF. I should have restarted BF after it finished and I think the servers were not acknowledging that I had switched devices.

nfthree fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 14, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Well, I got my Golem Core for Zeldeus... but at what cost? :ohdear:

...after the 3 gem kickback, the cost was 4 gems. :geno: poo poo sucks when your best mitigator at the time is Darvanshel and Oulu goes berserk mode. :gibs: Going offensively-minded with a Raaga friend instead of defensively with a second +HP lead might've cost me 7 gems worth of continuing, but it also made the GGC not take three hours, so I suppose it's a tradeoff. :shrug:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 14, 2015

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

KataraniSword posted:

Well, I got my Golem Core for Zeldeus... but at what cost? :ohdear:

...after the 3 gem kickback, the cost was 4 gems. :geno: poo poo sucks when your best mitigator at the time is Darvanshel and Oulu goes berserk mode. :gibs: Going offensively-minded with a Raaga friend instead of defensively with a second +HP lead might've cost me 7 gems worth of continuing, but it also made the GGC not take three hours, so I suppose it's a tradeoff. :shrug:

Man, I just did it using 6 gems (3 total with the +3 at the end). Ended up using
Tridon (L)
Bestie
Elimo
Reis
Zenia
Deimos (F)

It was totally smooth sailing until the last round when Oulu summons Lira. I didn't read up ahead of time, and didn't know Lira could null Leader Skills, so I didn't have a Debuff Null sphere on Elimo. Curse or Paralyze on Elimo was a death sentence every time.

EDIT:
Dewey is still working on his new site, but he's taking quite a bit of feedback (from me, I appear to be the only one on Reddit who cares).

Other people who aren't me might consider checking it out and coming up with some feedback too :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/38p3pq/project_brave_unit_collection_tool/
http://bravefrontier.zapto.org/user/gerdalti/summons?sort=-rarity,element

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3gxngk/jpbf_updated_elgifts_bonuses_list_full/

I thought abotu crossposting it but it's way to long, but here is a list of every extra extra skill imp (Elgift) in the japan version now. It's literally every skill you can think of, and really game breaking.

quote:

+100% ATK/DEF/REC when HP is below 50%
Boosts ATK, DEF, REC greatly when BB gauge is above 50% & chance to fill BB gauge when attacked
Increase HP by 30%, increase normal attack hit count, and increase BC HC drop rate when attacking
Debuff Immunity
Increase HP by 20%, nullify all status ailments and nullify ATK/DEF/REC down
Invalidate Status Ailments, 100% Base/Buffed Element Weakness Resist + 100% Base/Buffed Crit Resist
Apply "Fire, Thunder and Light element buff for 3 turns to all allies" on BB and SBB
Apply "All element buff for 3 turns to all allies" on SBB
Add "Mitigate 50% of damage for 1 turn to all alies" effect to BB & SBB
Gives Angel Idol buff once when HP goes below 20%
Equip any sphere combination regardless of category
Chance to reapply Angel Idol effect once every time the amount of damage receive surpasses a certain threshold
Greatly increases EXP gained

• Locked thread