Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

f#a# posted:

Because you acquire cards at random, it's probably better to have a general strategy. My go-to deck is still Northern Realms, even though I never got any other Foltests, for example. Here's my general strategy:
  • Keep your special cards minimal. Keep your unit cards at 22.
  • For special cards, have 1 of whatever your hero power is if it's weather-based. Always trade this out of your hand if you draw it. Beyond that, I roll with two decoys, two horns, and one scorch.
  • For unit cards, keep trading in better cards as you get them, removing any with low attack power or no special effect. The one that gives plus one to others in a row is pretty useless; bond is good if you have three or more; medic and spy are always solid bets.
  • Once you are really cleaning up and have a significant amount of heroes in your deck, you might want to drop one of your two horns.

At this point, I think my deck is:
Heroes: Philippa, Roche, Esterad, Ciri, Mysterious Elf, Yennifer, Natalis
Spies: 1x Thaler, 1x Dijkstra, 1x Stennis (plus the Mysterious Elf)
Bond: 3x Blue Stripe Commando, 2x Catapault
Scorch: 1x Villentretenmerth
Medic: Dun Banner Medic
Generic: some trebuchets, maybe Keira, I think I took out Dandelion, some other 5 or 6 attack trash.

I agree on the 22 count but I think you have too many heroes. I find it's actually better to only use Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer as your heroes.
Northern Realms is essentially unbeatable with Spies, Medics, as many Siege as you got + Siegemaster (And Villentretenmerth). I don't think Northern Realms needs a scorch card.
Replace Phil, Roche, Esterad with the dragon reavers and add clear skies.

Discard anything that's not a spy or Ciri/Geralt/Yen at first and play all your spies. Once you have card advantage you can use your heroes and bond units to win a round. Then you use all your siege units and try to goad the opponent to wasting scorch/weather cards. You'll beat any opponent in the game easily.

Triss really needs scorch.
I'd also love it if they just had an ongoing tournament you could join in novigrad.

You can probably fix the monsters by making more cards have Muster. Northern and Nilfgaard would still be better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Tris should be artillary row and should be a plus 1 to others in the row. or an artillary scorch, which would be brutal.

I play as few heroes as possible, since it really sucks if you don't have targets for your medics because you only have heroes in your discard. Also, a regular card 6 or higher is better than a 10 hero when you have horn effects. I play 2 horns and dandilion. You shouldn't have any 5 or less cards in your deck that don't have abilities, and you should be using a horn effect each round.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
There's lots of cards that are weirdly underpowered besides Triss. The card strength scores have very little to do with the characters' power or importance. Otherwise Philippa and Regis would be 15s like Geralt and Ciri.

Pellisworth posted:

I think this game would be great without any level progression at all. Just reward ability points and slots upon completion of major quests, contracts, places of power.

I agree completely. New Game + might play that way though kinda.

Ice Fist posted:

There's a ton of cool things they could do. For instance I think it'd be awesome if there were some monster cards which inherently provided weather effects. Play a Noonwraith and the weather is cleared, or a foglet and suddenly the 2nd row is fogged in. I mean, they could also add some more wild hunt cards and induce a freeze effect just on the opponent's front row. Monsters though need some sustainability. Even with the proposed changes monster decks would still suck because they don't have any spies or medics. They need someway to stay in the game and compete with Northern and Nilfgaard decks that can have half their deck in their hand after a round. Maybe some kind of anti-spy?

Possibilities are endless really. Gwent is one of the things that this game stands to make deeper and much more fun than it already is.

I have no idea why the Monster deck doesn't get some kind of Higher Vampire spy card.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Sharmat posted:

There's lots of cards that are weirdly underpowered besides Triss. The card strength scores have very little to do with the characters' power or importance. Otherwise Philippa and Regis would be 15s like Geralt and Ciri.

yeah, I'm not saying Triss should get a buff just because, but I think there is a lack of interesting effects outside of the first row, and there's now artillery heroes at all, I think. They basically have localized scorch and unit-based horn effects, but both are melee row only.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Do I have any reason to fear going out on boats? Like are there sea monsters and stuff waiting to kill me at the bottom of the ocean? :ohdear:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Sharmat posted:

I agree completely. New Game + might play that way though kinda.

I have no idea why the Monster deck doesn't get some kind of Higher Vampire spy card.

There actually is a high vampire card, but it isn't a spy and it's in the non-human deck. :iiam:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Regis is neutral.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Sharmat posted:

Regis is neutral.

Ah. The first time I saw him was yesterday in during high stakes and it was the rear end in a top hat with the non human deck.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jerusalem posted:

When I did that quest, I convinced her to go to Kaer Morhen. I was curious to see what the other options would have resulted in, and as a result got to see this image :nms::nws:

That was.... unexpected :gonk:

I was curious and fired up my cell phone, went off the company wifi to look at this. I wouldn't say it's "not mentally safe", but maybe that's because I'm looking at it on a 3" iphone screen. Still, jesus gently caress, gently caress off Radovid.

PS - a friend of mine told her to go to Kaer Morhen but didn't take the research notes from her. Is he doomed to this conclusion? I didn't say anything but I thought that even if you get her to go to Kaer Morhen if you don't take the research from her you eventually have her dead.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

JetsGuy posted:

I was curious and fired up my cell phone, went off the company wifi to look at this. I wouldn't say it's "not mentally safe", but maybe that's because I'm looking at it on a 3" iphone screen. Still, jesus gently caress, gently caress off Radovid.

PS - a friend of mine told her to go to Kaer Morhen but didn't take the research notes from her. Is he doomed to this conclusion? I didn't say anything but I thought that even if you get her to go to Kaer Morhen if you don't take the research from her you eventually have her dead.

No, the notes don't really matter

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I like the hero cards and use all of them because it's actually a great way to draw out the opponents better cards and then bam hit them with a scorch or Visa-fhfdjhsdlfkjhdf. Medics are useful, and I usually don't have an issue with them not having anyone to revive.

I find the 22 card limit to be super useful, but towards the end of the "collect 'em all" I was definitely over that, closer to 26-28. I just can't let go of the blue stripe commandos or the dragon hunters because they're a great surprise card. I usually win the spy round, and then it's just round 2 playing a game where I'm trying to delay laying down the deathblow until the end. Even if it means throwing out "clear weather" or just calling Foltest when I have no seige units out yet.

it's all about drawing out the CPUs cards (just like in the spy round) and then blasting them. A super fun thing to do also is lay down vis-fdhlskhdfkds, decoy, wait a while for the game to lay down some more poo poo. Vis-jhsdlkjhsad again.

There's so many ways to gently caress with the CPU playing Gwent. Northern Realms all the way.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Pyromancer posted:

No, the notes don't really matter

Yeah right. You're telling me that Lambert and Keira, even if they've found solace in each other, are the people who should have the research? Lambert would be like "hey, I really hate Witchers and that we exist. Could we make a bio-weapon that would specifically target Witchers and whip the last of them out forever?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
The notes are not helpful for making a bioweapon. Catriona plague is already weaponized by its nature (it's literally bubonic plague that Ciri accidentally brought there from our universe's middle ages). The mage there wasn't researching it to make a bioweapon, he was researching it to cure it. Which is what Keira wants to do with the notes, and what she does.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
What'd give monsters some needed power is a card that lets them destroy a card(s) straight from the opponent's hand. Nice inverse of spies imo.

also the scoia'tael are by far the weakest of the lot and definitely need a big power boost. Not sure what would be good for them though.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Some more weathery powers that let them heavily leverage their ability to play a bunch of their cards in either the front or ranged row, maybe?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

wintrrmute posted:

This is great feedback, thanks. I'll try the alternate movement style. I do enjoy the vistas and exploration (similar to my experience with Red Dead Redemption in that regard) so I'll keep at it. The scavenger hunts for Witcher gear - where do I normally found those quests, on the message boards within a given town? Interestingly, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty and I still find the game challenging. The lack of health regeneration means if I'm in a long dungeon and I run out of bread / grapes / water / chicken legs, I'm in some serious trouble. I have no problem playing games on harder difficulty, but it seems like I'm missing something - like I missed an essential quest or gear and I happen to be massively underleveled for where I am in the story line.

For example, I just finished the Elf lamp quest with Sorceress Sally No Bra, and I excited the cave out near a river. I check a map, and I see there is one of those agility point towers very close by. I call my horse, inadvertently loot 5 flowers in frustration, and head over. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by 4-5 flying spectres who are twice my level - actually pretty cool "ambush" experience near the agility tower, but they are twice my level (I'm level 7) so I instantly get rekt.

With this experience, was I supposed to get destroyed like that? Or as I mentioned, am I just really under leveled from where I am in the game? I've done about 65% of the side quests I've come across, and I'm at the lowest difficulty, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, apart from being a general clueless idiot when it comes to this game. If I am under leveled, it would be cool if the game said "hey dipshit. you are under leveled, go do side quest x,y,z"

Also, why does any game in 2015 include a "repair equipment" feature? It just feels like it's one more thing for me to worry about.

You need to make a swallow potion, which will give you 3 refillable doses of in-combat healing. The game doesn't prompt you to do it. Go into alchemy, find swallow potion and pin it. Whenever you see an innkeeper or a herbalist or a merchant, the ingredients you need to make that potion will be highlighted. When you have the ingredients go into alchemy and mix it, then put it in your quick slot.

This makes the game way more fun since you're not on a constant knife-edge.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Sharmat posted:

Some more weathery powers that let them heavily leverage their ability to play a bunch of their cards in either the front or ranged row, maybe?

No, they should be able to discard a card to toggle the row of one of their variable row cards. Then they could move cards out of the way the way of weather effects or into horn effects. The fact that it still costs a card would make it pretty balanced and keep the tempo the same, but it would give them a unique playstyle and make them more interesting to play.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah that works.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So I did Reason of State, and in a game full of hard decisions, the decision at the end of that one was.... incredibly easy. There was no way I was abandoning Roche and Ves to death, gently caress Djikstra for forcing the situation :colbert:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Snak posted:

No, they should be able to discard a card to toggle the row of one of their variable row cards. Then they could move cards out of the way the way of weather effects or into horn effects. The fact that it still costs a card would make it pretty balanced and keep the tempo the same, but it would give them a unique playstyle and make them more interesting to play.

That's an interesting idea. It definitely needs a balancer, I'm not sure if sacrifice a card is too much though. It would have to be tested.

Right now there's a few reasons why I prefer the Northern Realms over Nilfgaard.
- their spies are pretty brutal. LIke Stefan is a 9, another that's 7 and then a 4. Compare this with Thaler who's a 1 and Djikstra who's a 4, and what's-his-face which is a 5. So the region-specific spy cards are just better for Northern Realms. Granted, they have a lot better general cards so it *kinda* balances a bit, but still..
- that extra card after your first win is really useful, much more useful than "win when you tie"
- I think the only leader ability I'd like of Emhyr is the one where you can draw from an opponents discard pile

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jerusalem posted:

So I did Reason of State, and in a game full of hard decisions, the decision at the end of that one was.... incredibly easy. There was no way I was abandoning Roche and Ves to death, gently caress Djikstra for forcing the situation :colbert:

It's really the only point in the game where I feel the writing was a little weak. Weak probably isn't even fair, but weak compared to the rest of the story I guess. It just seems so out of character for Djikstra to reveal his plan like a Bond villain and assume you're just going to abandon these two who just helped you big time (twice). Also, if your Geralt played Roche's path in W2, you've already been through a ton with him. Why would he do that? I guess he figured that telling you now was better than you finding out later and coming to kill him?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

JetsGuy posted:

That's an interesting idea. It definitely needs a balancer, I'm not sure if sacrifice a card is too much though. It would have to be tested.
Well, you have to play a card every turn. That's the tempo of the game. So there's not a lot of options to simply manipulate cards that already on the board. Considering that you could feed the cards you discard to your medics, I don't think it's too much of a sacrifice. But yeah it would need testing.

JetsGuy posted:

Right now there's a few reasons why I prefer the Northern Realms over Nilfgaard.
- their spies are pretty brutal. LIke Stefan is a 9, another that's 7 and then a 4. Compare this with Thaler who's a 1 and Djikstra who's a 4, and what's-his-face which is a 5. So the region-specific spy cards are just better for Northern Realms. Granted, they have a lot better general cards so it *kinda* balances a bit, but still..
- that extra card after your first win is really useful, much more useful than "win when you tie"
- I think the only leader ability I'd like of Emhyr is the one where you can draw from an opponents discard pile
To me the extra card makes them better period. Card advantage is the single most powerful advantage you can have over your opponent. Again, playing against the AI with imperfectly designed decks makes it hard to tell for sure. I may have to print like, two entire sets of gwent cards so that my MTG friends and I can build decks and play.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

It's really the only point in the game where I feel the writing was a little weak. Weak probably isn't even fair, but weak compared to the rest of the story I guess. It just seems so out of character for Djikstra to reveal his plan like a Bond villain and assume you're just going to abandon these two who just helped you big time (twice). Also, if your Geralt played Roche's path in W2, you've already been through a ton with him. Why would he do that? I guess he figured that telling you now was better than you finding out later and coming to kill him?

It is a little on the nose that he makes the proclamation from a stage, after reciting lines from the leading man's role and then revealing he always wanted to be the lead but got stuck as a background character. So I guess you could say he got caught up in the moment, which isn't entirely out of character since we've seen that despite being pragmatic he also has a tendency to allow his emotions to get the better of him, such as in his dealings with Philippa Eilhart.

The character's final line is a pretty good one though - "Dammit... I always liked you, Geralt :sigh:"

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Reading through the novels, I'm pretty amazed by how much Nilfgaardian villainy got toned down for the game. The writers must have decided that the books had enough fantasy Nazis, time to have some fun with fantasy Stalin instead.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jack of Hearts posted:

Reading through the novels, I'm pretty amazed by how much Nilfgaardian villainy got toned down for the game. The writers must have decided that the books had enough fantasy Nazis, time to have some fun with fantasy Stalin instead.

That's cool. There's so many video games where the villain is "Giant Evil Empire" and I really like how Nilfgaard is just kind at the edge of the games as inevitability, but evil is everywhere on a case-by-case basis. (case-by-casis?)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Jack of Hearts posted:

I think they're still awful in this game, but you have to look around a bit to get it and it's never shoved in your face. I think CDPR saw that

1. They're the invaders
2. They're called an Empire
3. They all wear black

and knew what peoples' first impression would be, but then kinda went too far the opposite direction to compensate.

Personally the North and Nilfgaard are both poo poo in my opinion.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I think they're still awful in this game, but you have to look around a bit to get it and it's never shoved in your face. I think CDPR saw that

1. They're the invaders
2. They're called an Empire
3. They all wear black

and knew what peoples' first impression would be, but then kinda went too far the opposite direction to compensate.

Personally the North and Nilfgaard are both poo poo in my opinion.

In contrast Skellige owns if you can a.) get there without dying and b.) somehow overcome their intense xenophobia

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I would simply give Scoia'tael the option to either play a card or move one of the mobile ones. Sacrificing a card is too harsh, since I don't believe they have lots of healers - Havekars only, discounting Yen?

I personally think Nilfgaard edges out Northern Realms with all the medics and pretty unique leader abilities - draw from opponent's discard, shut down their leader ability or check their hand is strategically very powerful compared to effects you can mostly luck out with right hand.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Skellige comes across a lot worse too if you read the notices. What they did to Skjall is hardly uncommon.

Basically the difference is you get to See Radovid being an rear end in a top hat yourself, whereas the other factions' awfulness is hidden and scattered throughout the world instead of directly stated.

tl;dr, in Sapkowski's world, there are no good governments or organizations, only good people

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about Skellige is how most of the tough-guys you meet in Skellige are all talk. They rep out as hardcore viking badasses but they are mostly regular guys and cowards. There are exceptions, of course, and Skellige women all seem pretty tough. The Skellige "legal system", for all its pretense of honor, is hilariously corrupt.

edit:

GuyUpNorth posted:

I would simply give Scoia'tael the option to either play a card or move one of the mobile ones. Sacrificing a card is too harsh, since I don't believe they have lots of healers - Havekars only, discounting Yen?

This would totally break the game though. A huge part of gwent is that you have to either play or pass. If you could stall by moving cards around on the field, the entire tempo of the game would be disrupted. It wouldn't be just a new rule, it would actually make it a different game. It's an option, obviously, so it would only be good to do in some situations.

The only other way to do the mechanic I suggested is to be able to move a unit when you play a card (possibly with special circumstances, like it having to be another card with the split row ability) which is almost certainly too powerful.

I'm not sure how much I like the mechanic I suggested though. It adds an additional level of complexity to the interface that doesn't currently exist.

Snak fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 11, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Snak posted:

My favorite thing about Skellige is how most of the tough-guys you meet in Skellige are all talk. They rep out as hardcore viking badasses but they are mostly regular guys and cowards. There are exceptions, of course, and Skellige women all seem pretty tough. The Skellige "legal system", for all its pretense of honor, is hilariously corrupt.

Yeah I get that vibe too. It isnt a genuine nation of badasses, its a culture of badasses that kinda gets exposed when push comes to shove. The bluster and all is a big part of it, its fantastic.

There are still of course some straight up badasses though, but the very real "pretend to be a tough guy" part of Skellige culture is beautifully done. Like they dont aspire to BE a really tough guy, they aspire for other people to say how tough they are/were.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Snak posted:

That reminds me, I was exploring around and I happened upon (spoilers for an important Skellige quest) Birna Bran's body, and Geralt commented on what a horrible way to die it was. Is it actually possible to encounter this before she dies? To talk to her post fallout about how she feels about everything, including the new Queen and the fate of her son etc?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just got to the second area and bloody hell i wasn't expecting it to be so expansive. Are the other areas in the game after this just as big?

Also i'm still not 100% on what makes the undiscovered locations pop up on the map. I thought it was based on reading the yellow marked noticeboards so i spent the last hour just running around and triggering those, but i spotted that on at least one occasion, undiscovered locations popped up after i read a white marked notice board and on a couple of occasions nothing showed up after i read some yellow ones.

Is there some kind of regional overlap? Or do the noticeboards replenish with new locations over time? Or is it basically just read a noticeboard once and you're done with it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skellige is about the same size as Velen/Novigrad but Kaer Morhen isn't.

JetsGuy posted:

Yeah I still don't like how that quest ended up. It felt cheap and didn't make a whole lot of sense on the part of [spoilerDjikstra.[/spoiler]

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I only just got to Skellige but it seems just as lovely as the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard to me.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Kin posted:

I just got to the second area and bloody hell i wasn't expecting it to be so expansive. Are the other areas in the game after this just as big?

Also i'm still not 100% on what makes the undiscovered locations pop up on the map. I thought it was based on reading the yellow marked noticeboards so i spent the last hour just running around and triggering those, but i spotted that on at least one occasion, undiscovered locations popped up after i read a white marked notice board and on a couple of occasions nothing showed up after i read some yellow ones.

Is there some kind of regional overlap? Or do the noticeboards replenish with new locations over time? Or is it basically just read a noticeboard once and you're done with it?

- Yes the noticeboards replenish. I don't know if it's by level/time/story or all of the above (I think it's all)
- Skellige is as big as Velen, area wise

take it from me, who's done all the undiscovered locations, even in Skellige - don't wipe yourself out trying to knock them out. I definitely did them all in White Orchard and felt this desire to do ALL of them before moving on any quests when I got to Velen. You'll burn out. Do as many as you feel like between destinations, take a break now and again between quests doing a small handful. It's the only way to do it without it feeling like a chore. It was a lot more fun that way. Also loot scales with level so in a sense it's good to do as you go. It's not worth waiting until the end because you'll (a) need the rare poo poo from monster nests and (b) you'll have everything you'll want by then.

Skellige is a whole other story in terms of those things, I went over it a page or two ago.

If nothing else, I *would* suggest hunting down all the place of powers ASAP. That will help you more than anything.
Use this:
http://witcher3map.com/v/#2/-2.1/-22.5

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

f#a# posted:

Because you acquire cards at random, it's probably better to have a general strategy. My go-to deck is still Northern Realms, even though I never got any other Foltests, for example. Here's my general strategy:
  • Keep your special cards minimal. Keep your unit cards at 22.
  • For special cards, have 1 of whatever your hero power is if it's weather-based. Always trade this out of your hand if you draw it. Beyond that, I roll with two decoys, two horns, and one scorch.
  • For unit cards, keep trading in better cards as you get them, removing any with low attack power or no special effect. The one that gives plus one to others in a row is pretty useless; bond is good if you have three or more; medic and spy are always solid bets.
  • Once you are really cleaning up and have a significant amount of heroes in your deck, you might want to drop one of your two horns.

At this point, I think my deck is:
Heroes: Philippa, Roche, Esterad, Ciri, Mysterious Elf, Yennifer, Natalis
Spies: 1x Thaler, 1x Dijkstra, 1x Stennis (plus the Mysterious Elf)
Bond: 3x Blue Stripe Commando, 2x Catapault
Scorch: 1x Villentretenmerth
Medic: Dun Banner Medic
Generic: some trebuchets, maybe Keira, I think I took out Dandelion, some other 5 or 6 attack trash.

OAquinas posted:

NR Deck of +1 Gwenting:

3x Crinford
3x Blue Stripes
All the spies (Thaler, Dijkstra, Stennis, Elf)
3x Decoy
2x Horn
1x Biting Frost
John Natalis
Phillipa Eilhart
Esterad Thyssen
Yennefer
Geralt
Dandelion
Ciri
Villentretenmerth
2x Catapults
2x Trebuchet
Dun Banner Medic
Leader: Foltest, Siegemaster

Dump all cards value 5 or lower, as soon as you can and still make unit card count.

Yea I don't understand any of this, and it's probably why I never did good at magic.

I just want to beat dumb poo poo kicking peat farmers in Velen so I can beat dumb poo poo kicking peat merchants in Novigrad.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Yea I don't understand any of this, and it's probably why I never did good at magic.

I just want to beat dumb poo poo kicking peat farmers in Velen so I can beat dumb poo poo kicking peat merchants in Novigrad.

Just don't get discouraged if you run into a really good player. The Oxenfurt innkeeper in particular is a motherfucker.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Just don't get discouraged if you run into a really good player. The Oxenfurt innkeeper in particular is a motherfucker.

Yeah, I legitimately don't know how I'm gonna beat him any time soon. He has so many spies and I only have two, he kicked my rear end so far. Though he says he plays "high stakes" gwent and I've yet to figure out what you lose if you lose to him that makes the stakes so high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There really should be a means of highlighting merchants you haven't victimized yet for Collect 'Em All. Or, better yet, just disabling quests. I obediently beat every merchant I met in the whole wide world while beating the game and have no idea what I'm missing, so when I replay, I'd like a means of explicitly stating "gently caress that poo poo" via menu.