Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I grew up in and went to elementary school near a neighbourhood that was mostly populated by Lebanese, Somalian, and Ethiopian immigrants. The school pot lucks were amazing.

There's still nothing quite like home made samosas.

They would also usually bring less spicy versions of the food for the white children, which is nice cause I can't stand things that are too spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Every time I eat tempura or pakora, I wonder why the hell we eat such terrible fried foods like onion rings here that are so much worse for you and taste like poo poo in comparison.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well yeah if you want great non-English food. Best curry and best Japanese food I've had was in England. I never understood how unreasonably proud the English are of their local cuisine. One of my closest friends goes so far to say how over-rated French and Italian cuisine is compared to English food.

As an aside, people often forget how great Spanish food.

Top 7 international cuisine in no real order:

French
Italian
Mexican
Japanese
Spanish
Chinese
Indian

No Thai? C'mon

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to be hilariously tumblr esk and say that rating foods based on nationality is problematic

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but my favorite is probably italian

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

that was a weird interjection bowmore

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
how is that possibly problematic

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
having regional identity is an okay thing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

how is that possibly problematic
hilariously tumblr esk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

having regional identity is an okay thing

If you're a fascist

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder where the nazis ranked jewish food

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am literally mussolini

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bowmore posted:

I wonder where the nazis ranked jewish food

Pretty high, you can't accuse them of lacking leavity

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Italian food has pizza AND pasta

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cat food is the best food IMO. It last forever.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CCKeane posted:

Cat food is the best food IMO. It last forever.

That reminds me of Aqua teen

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I've never really liked pasta that much.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress, I don't have a good Chinese delivery joint around here as far as I'm aware. I miss cheap, crappy, delicious takeout, but my apartment is in loving no-man's land for delivery. There's a pizza shop down the block that drives over here, but everything is one exit north or south on the interstate, and the drivers don't want to gently caress with that poo poo. I did get a menu stuck to the door recently, though, hopefully they deliver.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I get paid Thursday. I am going to buy a big loving steak and put the rest towards bills.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
We have a tremendously good Indian buffet within walking distance. I've had to show restraint because budget. There's also an upscale doughnut shop/ramen bar/teahouse half a block away and everything I've had there has been incredible.

I don't know where the doughnut originated but that culture was brilliant

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Keane, you are the only good poster in this thread,

I've has an idea for a game.

A mad Max themed soldiers game, one thread full of auspol, the other thread the rest of the world.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

busb posted:

Keane, you are the only good poster in this thread,

I've has an idea for a game.

A mad Max themed soldiers game, one thread full of auspol, the other thread the rest of the world.

Ouch.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

My only point is that duck is easy dude, you want a duck? I can get you a duck dude that's no problem.

What my point is is that if your only burger options are mcds and a three hour hipster line. I feel bad for you.

Oh yeah I get you. There are times when one wants certain things and you just can't find it. I'd kill for a kaiser roll or a proper deli, but it just doesn't exist or is too expensive. And yet I know were I to leave I wouldn't quite find the same stuff even in expensive NYC french restaurants. Something changes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey everybody, the new survivor game is accepting any and all returning players, even winners. You should all play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm drinking surge. Surge is great! Man I missed surge. Surge surge surge.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Haha welcome to my middle/high school video game binges.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just had a bowl of Amy's Organic Cheese Ravioli and it was delicious.

I'm pretty sure at this point a bottle of Surge would make my heart explode, but I do miss that deliciousness. Vault was never a good substitute.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point a bottle of Surge would make my heart explode, but I do miss that deliciousness. Vault was never a good substitute.

http://www.amazon.com/Surge-Citrus-Flavored-Soda-16fl/dp/B00M2OGS08

It's back.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Haha welcome to my middle/high school video game binges.

Some of my friends bought several 24 packs of it on eBay back when it was originally discontinued. They would have a couple every other month or whatever until it started to get flat. They were so psyched when it came back on Amazon.

Kumbamontu posted:

Vault wasn't bad though, I would sometimes get it at the movie theater. But it wasn't the same for sure.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If that wasn't $3/can I would maybe consider that, but I can just get God's Chosen Soda Mountain Dew: Code Red for $3/12-pack when it's on sale instead

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Was I the first to get re-potato'd

I feel like that's indicative of the source

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why are people getting potato avatars?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

imgay posted:

why are people getting potato avatars?

They're actually beans

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't potato'd last time, but here we are.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My avatar fits me because you are what you eat and I eat things that see fit to smile.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its pretty annoying since I usually identify dudes by their avatar, and you guys all have the same one now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BottleKnight posted:

I'm drinking surge. Surge is great! Man I missed surge. Surge surge surge.

Wait, is Surge actually back? Details BK!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Wait, is Surge actually back? Details BK!

Only on Amazon. Merk linked it

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

imgay posted:

Its pretty annoying since I usually identify dudes by their avatar, and you guys all have the same one now

There is a solution to this, forums poster imgay. All you have to do is buy them all new avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

Only on Amazon. Merk linked it

Note that merk's link is currently only being fulfilled by 3rd party folks (AKA jerks who bought it all up to resell it :argh:), the price is more reasonable (although still expensive) when it's actually in stock from Amazon

e: Actually it's available here as part of Prime Pantry, whatever that is.