Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Gimnbo posted:

Lemon made it so the hopper now tells what's been recorded. For example, :siren: Spells of Magick | RECORDED A Meat July 28th, 2015 :siren:

Holy poo poo, I cannot wait for "Dozerfleet Returns"!

Reading the docs isn't nearly as much fun as the actual podcast and I give the guys mad props for combing through the insanity to find the gold.

On the other hand, Montrith's descriptions for some of the dumped docs are magical! "There’s really nothing else I can tell you. Just read."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RyokoTK posted:

That was a character in a movie :rolleyes:

No but some actual guy did it and that is why they referenced Pulp Fiction.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Holy poo poo, I cannot wait for "Dozerfleet Returns"!

OH MAN MORE DOZERFLEET yesssssssss

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

They've already done Repercussions of Evil in the Creepypasta episode, and I'm not sure they could do better than JimmyFranks.
But did they physically act it out before a jubilant audience? And the story deserves better than that episode anyway.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Maybe the Dozerfleet 2 doc will include the section on his blog where he collates and analyzes how much his female characters get raped, murdered, and rapemurdered.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Dozerfleet is terrifying.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
God, I really wish they'd do a F Plus Live in San Francisco someday. I just can't really swing flying to Minneapolis to see people read dumb poo poo, as much as I want to.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Sinestro posted:

God, I really wish they'd do a F Plus Live in San Francisco someday. I just can't really swing flying to Minneapolis to see people read dumb poo poo, as much as I want to.

They already did. For the raw food episode. :shrug:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 11, 2015

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sinestro posted:

Same, but more East, and dangit why always on a Sunday argh (I assume much easier/cheaper to get a bar reserved).

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Unless he was the roommate who popped in at the end of that episode, then 0 listeners were able to attend that recording.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

That's one of my top favorite episodes, too.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite thing is that once October rolls around, one of the documents in the hopper will be three years old.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The crew from I Don't Even Own a Television is going to be at F Plus Live 4. I am so dang hyped right now.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The crew from I Don't Even Own a Television is going to be at F Plus Live 4. I am so dang hyped right now.

Oh that's super exciting. I listened to their review of the Bill O'Reilly thriller recently and just about died.

This is gunna be great.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What's the podcast like, not the first time I've heard it mentioned with praise. Would it mesh well with FPlus / We Hate Movies / The Bugle in terms of style of humor and group banter?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lemon's been on it before, so...

(Yes.)

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

kalensc posted:

What's the podcast like, not the first time I've heard it mentioned with praise. Would it mesh well with FPlus / We Hate Movies / The Bugle in terms of style of humor and group banter?

It's a review podcast about bad books with good hosts and guests, and some neat games. It's only had its two-cohosts setup for a few months, but the style has remained consistent throughout, which is goofy people mocking goofy/awful books with the occasional dramatic reading. It's not exactly the same as the F Plus, but it does cover some of the same ground. If you want a taste of the show, go with the episodes on Ready Player One, Those Who Trespass (aka Bill O'Reilly's thriller), or Candy Girl (which features Lemon as a guest).

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i just started listening to the bill o'reilly book episode and this owns

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's a review podcast about bad books with good hosts and guests, and some neat games. It's only had its two-cohosts setup for a few months, but the style has remained consistent throughout, which is goofy people mocking goofy/awful books with the occasional dramatic reading. It's not exactly the same as the F Plus, but it does cover some of the same ground. If you want a taste of the show, go with the episodes on Ready Player One, Those Who Trespass (aka Bill O'Reilly's thriller), or Candy Girl (which features Lemon as a guest).
Rad, I just downloaded like 6 episodes of this podcast having never listened to it before. I know what I'm doing tomorrow! Thanks dude :)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kalensc posted:

I didn't like it as much as I do the F Plus or the Dollop. Mostly I think it was just too hard for me to really "get" a lot of the humor/discussion when I hadn't read the books myself. It was well produced, and the host and his guests were usually somewhat entertaining to listen to, but it just didn't click with me.

I still listened to about half of their available catalog (hitting every book that I was interested in) but didn't find anything I wanted to listen to multiple times the way I do the F Plus.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Now we ust need to get Seth and Jonathan to guest in an episode (coming just thinking about it)

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

I didn't like it as much as I do the F Plus or the Dollop. Mostly I think it was just too hard for me to really "get" a lot of the humor/discussion when I hadn't read the books myself. It was well produced, and the host and his guests were usually somewhat entertaining to listen to, but it just didn't click with me.

I still listened to about half of their available catalog (hitting every book that I was interested in) but didn't find anything I wanted to listen to multiple times the way I do the F Plus.

It was kinda rough early on, but once it changed to have two permanent co-hosts it definitely smoothed out.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

That's a high-rear end bar to set though. There are exactly two podcasts I've ever come across in like a decade that I'll give multiple listens to - F Plus and We Hate Movies. I still like a bunch of others though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The only podcasts I've found with episodes I relisten to are this and My Brother, My Brother and Me. Added bonus is that sometimes I'll catch something I missed previously from laughing too hard.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
The worst part about IDEOTV to me is that it makes me feel bad for not reading enough books, good or bad.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah, but they read a bunch of dumb poo poo books like Ready Player One that make me feel good about not reading many books.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Candy Girl episode is the best, but the Super Sad True Love Story one is second-best, my neee-gro.

third-best is xanth

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Stickers! Again!

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 12, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Saving the world with stiiiiickers!!!

e: Holy poo poo another Spells of Magick episode was recorded :allears:

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 12, 2015

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Yo, go and buy lots of stickers! I designed the Hypno Boobs one!

Was lots of fun designing it. Lemon is a wonderful client, and it's awesome helping out the podcast in my own way.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1V5Pi0e954

Please enjoy this video that I stole from GBS of friend-of-the-podcast Roosh V getting beer thrown in his face.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Mimetic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1V5Pi0e954

Please enjoy this video that I stole from GBS of friend-of-the-podcast Roosh V getting beer thrown in his face.

:pwn:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah he got wrecked, went home, and had a big ol' tantrum on the Internet about it.

In news related to the beer incident, the mayor of Montreal tweeted the other day that he finds Roosh's opinions unacceptable and that Roosh is not welcome in the city of Montreal, and the mayor of Toronto tweeted:

quote:

@rooshv doesn't reflect the values of Toronto and his statements about women are demeaning and unacceptable.

While free speech is the law in this country, promoting violence against women is wrong.

I am calling on those hosting this tour to do the right thing - cancel this show.

@rooshv and his hate speech have no place in our city and should have no platform here either.

e:
Holy lol. From a Toronto councilman:

quote:

@rooshv's 'take' on life is worthless garbage masquerading as provocative insight

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah he got wrecked, went home, and had a big ol' tantrum on the Internet about it.
Ahahahahahahahaha, this almost makes up for the rest of Dr. Oz's career.

quote:

Yep, that’s right. The proudly amoral “pickup artist” is complaining that he was seduced, used, and abandoned.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 12, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Now we ust need to get Seth and Jonathan to guest in an episode (coming just thinking about it)

you saw how seth reacted to finding all that bella and the bulldogs poo poo, guesting on the fplus might literally kill him

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

As soon as I saw that We Hate Movies covered both of the Ewok movies, I had to start listening to them.

Was not disappointed.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

steinrokkan posted:

Jonathan would more likely be a subject.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Also the host is the guy responsible for this piece of SA history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

He's also single-handedly responsible for awful gimmick rap group Captain Dan & The Scurvy Crew leaving SA forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtUQNxp02mE

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ok quick question before I actually start working on ... something. Has the F Plus ever done a cast fetish episode because I found some poo poo.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok quick question before I actually start working on ... something. Has the F Plus ever done a cast fetish episode because I found some poo poo.

No, they have not.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

...like they really like Robert Altman movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Plague of Hats posted:

No, they have not.

drat I was kind of hoping I didn't have to continue working on this loving thing.

In the mean time click this and proceed to want to kill yourself

:nws: Technically work safe as theres no nudity but its a fetish site so yeah
http://www.fantacast.com/

Also if you want to see the bottom of the barrel there's some gooooooood poo poo in here.
http://www.psychforums.com/fetishes/

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 13, 2015