Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Fenrisulfr posted:

As I never used dodge cancelling on my Slayer there's no change for me either :v:

I don't know how you did it, I thought the class felt really lovely without dodge cancelling virtually everything. 1 shotting Impossible bosses with the bonus bugged TS was definitely not kosher, but I really hate the complete loss of mobility and significantly reduced skill ceiling the removal of cancelling takes away. The melee combat in the game already feels pretty clunky with some of the animation durations being long. Tanking would probably feel fine since you can actually take some hits and don't have to constantly worry about dodging everything for survival.

Fortunately a well built Cryo still has really fast solo clear speed, so I have something to fall back on if I can just stop dash cancelling half of my Cryo stuff by reflex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Cryomancer is also getting a long list of buffs in an upcoming patch so it's not a bad investment.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Ok I just got online for this shindig.

I am making a list of people that need invites. This is what I got so far.

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

Cupnoodle King

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
We need 10 million to build the distortion analyzer for the pantheon which allows us to unlock a significant portion of the harder content in the game. We have over 100 people in the pantheon. If everyone could donate 100,000 we'd have it easily. Even if you can't donate 100,000, please donate what you can. Anything helps. If we get close, I'l happily pay the last million or so.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

Zombie Princess

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Can anybody else confirm that the first boss in Tau Experimental Station DOES NOT drop 4x sparks if you kill all 4 of his splits at the same time? I've ran it 3 times now and only gotten a single drop.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Target reticle changes shape to tell you if you are on ally targeting or enemy targeting mode. Miracle patch. (For chronically stupid lightbinders like myself.)

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Mollester Alone if/when I can ever login without out my poo poo computer exploding. Hah...

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Concurred posted:

Can anybody else confirm that the first boss in Tau Experimental Station DOES NOT drop 4x sparks if you kill all 4 of his splits at the same time? I've ran it 3 times now and only gotten a single drop.

I think it was in the patch notes that splitting bosses no longer drop multiple lootballs.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Concurred posted:

Yes. This was fixed. 1 drop only for the boss.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Not sure how I feel about the font changes in this patch
Seems like most of the ui elements are written in flash, and could be replaced without altering the client
This was caused by dropping a blank Fonts.swf at data\Interface\Bin\Fonts
Useless to me though, since I don't know a drat thing about flash

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Current List of people I am Tracking for guild invites is now:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida

If you are not on this list then quote this post or the last one and give me your in game name. There is going to be quite a bit of leadership changes so if you are in game you can also PM "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite to the guild. All other people on the list I will be checking for online status and sending invites if I catch you online.

I need a list to know how many more times I need to keep expanding the guild as well. So post your loving names.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 12, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We just recently turned off the Triumph Square as it was hogging all the loving power in a big way for little gain. If you noticed you got a slight prestige drop then that was the reason.

Currently we have a fully upgraded Guild Store so you can check the marketplace under the pantheon tab to see all the super cool order buff items for mirrah drops. We are sucking on guild funds again but this guild store should at least inspire some of you assholes to donate to the guild for the phat items. As usual you can donate to the guild by checking the pantheon menu and clicking the + next to the gold credit card icon that is our current guild currency.

It should also be mentioned that with this patch you can directly buy construction points off the market for credits and argents. This bullshit will speed up guild progress greatly.

Check out our new Guild Wares in the market. Donate to the guild you fucks.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Think there might be a slight bug with the Supply Bag items.

I opened up one and got 62 Stamina Sun Ether Cores at once.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

BenRGamer posted:

I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but I've also been getting a downright silly number of cores from bags. I thought about holding onto them but then I realized I'm not buying that many fuckin' argents any time soon so I sold them off.

Rolith
Mar 21, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Boo Urns

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BenRGamer posted:

Nah, it's intentional. And it's a bad thing. Ether Cores are by far the least credit efficient, cap-consuming item. They're even less efficient than credits.

I'm saving all my bags for after I cap credits for this reason. Which is unfortunate because 10v10 is fun as poo poo and we've been doing it all night.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
You can remove Jebodiah Springfield from the guild. Classes are about to start and I will have no time to play :/

Joshie
Oct 29, 2001

MAYOR OF PIGTOWN

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns

If you are not on this list then quote this post or the last one and give me your in game name. There is going to be quite a bit of leadership changes so if you are in game you can also PM "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite to the guild. All other people on the list I will be checking for online status and sending invites if I catch you online.

I need a list to know how many more times I need to keep expanding the guild as well. So post your loving names.

Yap Snap

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Shiro Ichida

I'll hop on mumble sometime tomorrow evening.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Windchilla posted:

I don't know how you did it, I thought the class felt really lovely without dodge cancelling virtually everything. 1 shotting Impossible bosses with the bonus bugged TS was definitely not kosher, but I really hate the complete loss of mobility and significantly reduced skill ceiling the removal of cancelling takes away. The melee combat in the game already feels pretty clunky with some of the animation durations being long. Tanking would probably feel fine since you can actually take some hits and don't have to constantly worry about dodging everything for survival.

Fortunately a well built Cryo still has really fast solo clear speed, so I have something to fall back on if I can just stop dash cancelling half of my Cryo stuff by reflex.

I'm just really bad at this game. For example, I only just noticed that I hadn't activated Sneak Attack, despite unlocking it days ago. :suicide:

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Wind Jumper in Nedder is somehow more annoying after being nerfed.

Actually, it seems like I'm lagging and that makes it completely impossible. It's either that or he has no telegraph for a move that can destroy 75% of a tank's health.

Melanion fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 12, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone else having the play as X thing not work?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida

Pyke Fish

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida

IGN: Devlin Huer

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

I could use an invite too, char name: Taliya Rose.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What the hell do the sun core and the... hith... jist... gently caress in don't remember. What do the cores do?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What the hell do the sun core and the... hith... jist... gently caress in don't remember. What do the cores do?

right click the huckleberry jizz sun core slots that you may/may not have unlocked in the ascension atlas and put them in there for big argents and not-so-big stat increases

did you people think you were free from inventory issues? well you're not. you're never free.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yeah I put them there, it just doesnt tell me what it did.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
they give you might/stamina/strength/whatever the core was for. only in piddlediddy amounts and no corresponding proficiency increase for gear.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Gay

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I'm loving loving this patch. I did more PvP last night than in all the 4 weeks preceding it; the CTF 10v10 map is incredibly fun. The QoL changes like secondary objectives, improved loot and so on are great too. I unlocked Warlock like an hour ago and already have blue weapons for it, simply by switching to the class before killing the last boss in adventures.

lewtt posted:

they give you might/stamina/strength/whatever the core was for. only in piddlediddy amounts and no corresponding proficiency increase for gear.

It bears repeating that this system is being revamped.

I don't know the exact details but the gist of it is that ether cores are replaced by two items, blue and green orbs. You can buy blue orbs for credits/argents in the marketplace. Green orbs are obtained like ether cores are right now. The ether slots are replaced by these red/green/blue 'vectors'. Red gives Might and lets you pick a primary stat (Str/Luck/Valor/Spirit) on a drop down. Green gives you Stamina and lets you do the same. Blue asks you to pick between Might, Stamina or Might + Stamina.

You need orbs at a ratio of 1:5 (blue:green) to upgrade each slot, and each slot is capped at 5 ranks. You have to spend credits to unlock new slots (60k, 90k, ...), and each vector is limited to 7 slots. It's still a huge argent/credit sink, but since you don't actually directly spend credits or agents towards rank upgrades, it should feel like just another form of progression. Additionally, this system allows for far more stat customization than any nodes you'd normally find in the ascension atlas.

Hopefully we will, at the same time, get the patch that makes the green orbs drop everywhere. Also, if you spent argents towards ether slots, you will have those argents refunded.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 12, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I completely disagree with you on the PvP for many of the reasons I bitched about earlier and two other things. If you don't show up as one of the I win classes you're hosed. Seriously, at times during a match a single Necromancer and later a single Paladin tied up half of my team for ungodly amounts of time which frankly shouldn't happen and pretty much explains my next point. You get gently caress all support playing the objective and once you pick up the flag you're not even allowed to fight back. If you get two people to work together on a team that team will win by a huge margin. It doesn't help that playing the objective gives you exactly no points for doing so unless you're the one actually turning in the flag which is hard to do with no support. I held the flag for a solid five minutes, they killed me and another guy turned it in leaving me with no kills for five minutes and no points for the turn in which fucks me over on rewards. PvP in this game is a joke and a travesty and I will argue against anybody who claims otherwise.

An objective based PvP mode where you're not rewarded for playing the objective, supporting the objective or your team and in fact get the best rewards for lurking on a cliff somewhere with a ranged class, sniping killing blows and being actively detrimental to your team has no place in a modern MMO, gently caress, it was unacceptable in 2004.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 12, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I just want 2 specs so I can not fail on pve Necro in pvp

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So I've gotten to the point where I have most of the abilities for the lightbinder, and have been trying to switch them out to better spec my guy for PvE/PvP. But everyti me I try to do so, it tells me that I don't have enough talent spots to do so, even if I reset my talents to be all blank. Is there something I'm missing here? I really would like to get rid of some of these skills for more useful ones.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Morglon posted:

I completely disagree with you on the PvP for many of the reasons I bitched about earlier and two other things. If you don't show up as one of the I win classes you're hosed. Seriously, at times during a match a single Necromancer and later a single Paladin tied up half of my team for ungodly amounts of time which frankly shouldn't happen and pretty much explains my next point. You get gently caress all support playing the objective and once you pick up the flag you're not even allowed to fight back. If you get two people to work together on a team that team will win by a huge margin. It doesn't help that playing the objective gives you exactly no points for doing so unless you're the one actually turning in the flag which is hard to do with no support. I held the flag for a solid five minutes, they killed me and another guy turned it in leaving me with no kills for five minutes and no points for the turn in which fucks me over on rewards. PvP in this game is a joke and a travesty and I will argue against anybody who claims otherwise.

An objective based PvP mode where you're not rewarded for playing the objective, supporting the objective or your team and in fact get the best rewards for lurking on a cliff somewhere with a ranged class, sniping killing blows and being actively detrimental to your team has no place in a modern MMO, gently caress, it was unacceptable in 2004.

source your quotes

Gindack
Jan 30, 2010
With dash cancelling no longer working like it used to for zerkers, is bonus dash as useful? Just unlocked Lacerated Wound and trying to figure out what to go for next.

edit: Nevermind I'm dumb it still works.

Gindack fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 12, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

What's the founder's Insight cap this week?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Obscurity posted:

I just want 2 specs so I can not fail on pve Necro in pvp

It's an especially egregious omission in Skyforge because some skills and talents are straight up designed for PvP and function strictly worse or are useless in PvE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005

FoolishLobster posted:

What's the founder's Insight cap this week?

Mine was 9k ish last night when it reset

• Locked thread