Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Uroboros posted:

One question. What is the quality of forgeworld resin kits? Is there much trimming needed?

Sometimes. Depends on the kit. The warhound kit is a pain to assemble, some of their kits dont fit together, and some fit perfectly like a glove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Is their infantry usually pretty good? I always figured it's the big vehicles where problems happen.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Well I just ordered some Suzerain, I hope it is money well spent.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

The newer the kit, the better.

Also, how would one translate "These colors don't run" into latin?

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 11, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Finishing up my Destroyer Lord:

I kinda like how his empty pointing hand is and don't want to stick a weapon in there...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Finishing up my Destroyer Lord:

I kinda like how his empty pointing hand is and don't want to stick a weapon in there...

Needs more skulls on his hat but otherwise bitchin'

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

JackMack posted:

Saturday September 19th.

Warhammer world opens at 1000. I propose we aim to start the battle at 1100 for introductions and traffic difficulties. We will have a reasonable break in the centre of the day if guys want to check out the exhibition or foregeworld shops and a Bugmans lunch.

I will be driving up if you want a lift. I am in Banstead in Surrey. Stoneleigh station is a potential point of rendezvous as it is on a reasonably rapid line from waterloo or if there is somewhere easier for me to swoop in.

Is there a fixed end time as well?

EDIT: Also could anyone with a Spartan give me some rough dimensions? I'm looking into getting another GW Crusader case for my 30k Salamanders, but I'm wondering if KR would be better for the vehicles. Thanks!

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 11, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

koreban posted:

I can't get past the clearly modeled Gladius-type swords mounted on the shields, while the marines are wielding axes.

Backup weapons!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Is there a GW FFG thread like there is an FFG Star Wars thread? Been playing a load of Forbidden Stars recently and was looking to discuss it a bit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Phrosphor posted:

Is there a GW FFG thread like there is an FFG Star Wars thread? Been playing a load of Forbidden Stars recently and was looking to discuss it a bit.

Forbidden Stars belongs in the Board Game thread. There's no need to be such a unique snowflake.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Broken Loose posted:

Forbidden Stars belongs in the Board Game thread. There's no need to be such a unique snowflake.

what the gently caress are you doing here? I didn't smell a tyranid release.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Broken Loose appears in thread, new Tyranid codex confirmed

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

xtothez posted:

Broken Loose appears in thread, the End Times and the Age of Guilliman approaches

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
And because it's copyrightable, Age of Guilliman is the most likely name! :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Putting the Ultramarines front, centre and absolute seems like the sort of thing they'd do

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

Putting the Ultramarines front, centre and absolute seems like the sort of thing they'd do

I mean, I wouldn't complain :agesilaus:

Uroboros posted:

Well I just ordered some Suzerain, I hope it is money well spent.
They're some of my favorite models I've ever seen come out of Forgeworld, and if I wasn't already working on Heresy Ultras they'd be what kicked it off for me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SRM posted:

I mean, I wouldn't complain :agesilaus:

You say that now, but wait until they make you dance a jig and sing "pretty woman" whenever you use a marine with a goblin green base :v:

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

Are you mean because your life is lovely?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

NTRabbit posted:

You say that now, but wait until they make you dance a jig and sing "pretty woman" whenever you use a marine with a goblin green base :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Holy poo poo, that guy in the middle at the back, look how chunky he is, he's a loving sigmarine

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cataphract posted:

what the gently caress are you doing here? I didn't smell a tyranid release.

I got this confused with the other thread.

Ultramega posted:

Are you mean because your life is lovely?

Yes.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Is there some big list of folks who sell custom bases somewhere?

e: I have asked this before and been told Secret Weapon and Dragon Forge are pretty sweet. Anyone else?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Theres 25 guardsmen to go, weve got a full nuln oil, half a pot of dawnstone, its 2.30 am and im wearing a 5 year old hoodie. Lets hit it.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

DJ Dizzy posted:

Sometimes. Depends on the kit. The warhound kit is a pain to assemble, some of their kits dont fit together, and some fit perfectly like a glove.

I built a warhound a couple of years ago and am building a reaver now. I have to say that the reaver, despite its size, is a far easier kit.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

Theres 25 guardsmen to go, weve got a full nuln oil, half a pot of dawnstone, its 2.30 am and im wearing a 5 year old hoodie. Lets hit it.

MY DUDE! Just switch dawnstone w/ eshin grey and we're dopplegangers.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Legion-Centurion-Web-Exclusive
Well aint that a thing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That it looks identical to the GW website isn't surprising, but it still terrifies me

e: Wow those rules. They forgot that they gave him AA armor so not only is the statline wrong, but the part of the special rule for 40k games is redundant. Forgeworld's legendary editing team strikes again!

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 12, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Also its the same model from the Praetor kit, but with a different head and a power fist. Lazy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anyways I'm back from mother country, please enjoy my posting

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
It seems that the decent value FW bundles are now gone. My friend is spewing, he just got his tax return back and was going to order a couple of legion invasion forces to get started. Good thing I got mine earlier this year I guess.

Edit: I ordered that centurion. The fool and his money are soon parted.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I suppose the good news is there's no regional pricing, everything costs the same no matter where you set the delivery country.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

You dont know hell until youve painted an imperial guard infantry horde...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krursk posted:

It seems that the decent value FW bundles are now gone. My friend is spewing, he just got his tax return back and was going to order a couple of legion invasion forces to get started. Good thing I got mine earlier this year I guess.

Edit: I ordered that centurion. The fool and his money are soon parted.

poo poo. Lack of bundles versus my sunken cost. I guess I don't need a pre-heresy army?

Why GW? First fantasy and now potentially heresy. Why don't you want my money?

quote:

I suppose the good news is there's no regional pricing, everything costs the same no matter where you set the delivery country.

This was always the case with forgeworld. Everything in pounds always.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Shameless plug for a blog myself and some friends are working on as we develop our 30k + 40k - The Good, the Bad and the Greenskin. Got some articles on Stompa and Gargant building coming up.

http://goodbadgreenskin.tumblr.com/

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

LordAba posted:

This was always the case with forgeworld. Everything in pounds always.

I know it's always been the case with Forgeworld, I'm saying it's a positive they didn't change that policy, which switching to the same software as GW proper would easily have allowed them to do.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
The spend 100 pounds and get free shipping till September 30 is nice-ish at least. I've taken the opportunity to order the newer heresy books before the Australian government starts taxing on-line sales next month.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Email them about the missing bundles. Some of them are really weird, like the Raven Guard upgrade bundle is still present but not on the bundles page, but Sons of Horus is just gone. I wouldn't be shocked if the other Legion upgrade bundles, if nothing else, came back with the 30k plastics. Nevertheless, this is disappointing.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I emailed them about Legion upgrade bundles and got a response almost immediately. They appreciate the feedback and they're going to check with the sales team "to see if it was a mistake," and if it was, it'll be "fixed" within the next couple of days.

Now is absolutely the right time to make noise, since it's the easiest time for them to reverse their position without losing face. Everybody who cares should politely email them about whatever bundles they genuinely intended to buy.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Before - I'd like to thank the goons that helped me identify the Titan crewmember. Is this little guy another of the same set or something different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That's the commander from the old metal Cadian Command Squad.

• Locked thread