Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
so the card is friendship friendship?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's Yu-Jo Friendship, note the hyphen

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

A friend just pointed out to me that if Beelze and Red-Eyes Flare Metal are on the field together and Flare Metal's burn effect triggers, then the controller of Beelze instantly loses.

I need to find a way to abuse this. :stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

A friend just pointed out to me that if Beelze and Red-Eyes Flare Metal are on the field together and Flare Metal's burn effect triggers, then the controller of Beelze instantly loses.

I need to find a way to abuse this. :stare:

Wait what
How.

HOW?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Beelze's effect reads 'If you take damage from an attack or effect, increase it's attack by howevermuch you took.'
Flare Metal Dragon reads 'Each time your opponent activates a card or effect, deal 500 damage to them.'

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Basically once an effect happens Flare Metal will do the 500. Once the burn damage hits then Beelze will activate and increase its attack points by the 500 damage the player took. Flare Metal will do another 500 and Beelze will increase its attack again. This creates an endless loop where Beelze's user has effectively sentenced themselves to death because both effects continuously trigger the other and there is no limit to how much one can be used per turn.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, what's a deck that can swiftly get out Beelze and Flare Metal?

Then you can use something like Creature Swap or Shien's Spy to pass Beelze to the opponent.

As long as they don't have effect negation, they lose.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

So, what's a deck that can swiftly get out Beelze and Flare Metal?

Then you can use something like Creature Swap or Shien's Spy to pass Beelze to the opponent.

As long as they don't have effect negation, they lose.

I don't know who, but the card you'd want is Mystic Box.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You'd have to make a deck that can not only create Rank 7s, but Level 8 synchros. Your best bet is to make a Red-Eyes Build that brings in Level 1 Tuners to make Beelze. The problem is you need to have enough of a field established for it to be realistic and for the opponent to not shut you down when they realize what you're doing, but that's the entire game basically.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Baal posted:

You'd have to make a deck that can not only create Rank 7s, but Level 8 synchros. Your best bet is to make a Red-Eyes Build that brings in Level 1 Tuners to make Beelze. The problem is you need to have enough of a field established for it to be realistic and for the opponent to not shut you down when they realize what you're doing, but that's the entire game basically.

Maybe Purple Eyes Chaos Dragons. Can use the Blue Eyes tuners to make Beelze and Red Eyes for Black Flare.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The problem is Beelze needs a dark tuner and I can't think of any dark tuners off the top of my head that would mesh well with a potential deck.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna be very surprised if Konami doesn't errata'd one of those effects to avoid the loop. They don't like endless loops at all.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just run Blackwing Turbo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The problem is that potential loop is sort of impractical. If the opponent has Beelze and you have Flare Metal, they're not just going to activate a card and kill themselves. They'll at least try to attack and kill Flare Metal since Beelze is stronger than it. At which point if that succeeds then the problem of Beelze is not solved and you just gave up a Rank 7 for nothing. This is of course where insurance policies come in, but if you're in the situation where you could compulsory Beelze, you should've done it when he hit the field.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Opponent swings Beelze into Flare Metal.
You activate

Beeze-Flare metal Loop activates. GG.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It actually doesn't because the part where Beelze doesn't die is a continuous effect and doesn't actually activate. Also lol, reinforcements.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Baal posted:

It actually doesn't because the part where Beelze doesn't die is a continuous effect and doesn't actually activate. Also lol, reinforcements.

" When you take damage from an attack involving this card, or from an opponent's card effect: This card gains ATK equal to the damage you took."
:smugdog:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you're still relying on a top deck of a card that's still very situational, but if it gets the job done, hey.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Baal posted:

I mean you're still relying on a top deck of a card that's still very situational, but if it gets the job done, hey.

I'll try to make my jokes more obvious in the future.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

The problem is Beelze needs a dark tuner and I can't think of any dark tuners off the top of my head that would mesh well with a potential deck.

unknown synchron?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

I'll try to make my jokes more obvious in the future.

I'm sorry, I should've realized when I saw reinforcements, my bad.

Zoness posted:

unknown synchron?

Maybe? I dunno how well it'd mesh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

E-Tele and Krebons.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
krebons is level 2 tho I figured a level 1 synchron would mesh with a rank 7 engine and be easy to one-for-one for, plus there's that one spell that finds synchrons.

and machine typing yeah okay i'm not sure how that part's relevant.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

This is impractical and no longer legal due to lack of Lavalval Chain, but it's definitely a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2U_3nZOxEc

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

BurritoJustice posted:

Grysta seems like a weaker Anoyatyllis (except for being able to block synchro summons),

Grysta also facefucks pendulum summons, something anoyatyllis does not. Anoyatyllis prevents SSing by a s/t card effect, but pendulum summoning isn't done by a card effect, instead being an inherent summon.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is Summoned Skull the only normal card with an effect?

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Is there a reason that nobody seems to use Nephe Shaddoll Fusion? It is more niche than the other two fusions, but being able to pick any of the fusions as long as you have at least one shaddoll on the field and one in your hand (which you basically always have), seems pretty useful. A more consistent way of summoning El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis for sure.

Also what does everyone think about the two rarely used Shaddolls, Grysta and Wendigo? Grysta seems like a weaker Anoyatyllis (except for being able to block synchro summons), but Wendigo seems like a useful defensive card and an easy access to level 8 synchros.

What staples does everyone recommend to add onto the Shaddoll stuff I posted above? No idea what to side either.

Thanks everyone for helping me get back into this batshit game.

E: WOOP BEATEN

Double Edit: Grysta also wrecks Ritual Beast (inherent contact-fusing) which is super frustrating to play against

Koguma fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 12, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Summoned skull has no effect.

Gemini monsters.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Cabinet posted:

Just it, and Beast of Talwar.

And the Qualifier technically isn't an Effect.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Oh, those kind of things!

For those who haven't caught on, Beast of Talwar and Summoned Skull both count as "Archfiend" monsters. So theoretically, they have a hidden 'effect' that treats them as Archfiends. At least, that's what I got from the YGO wiki. Didn't realise Beast of Talwar counted as well.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh, the conditions on them. It's because early on, the TCG had no idea that these would later be part of an archetype. Axe of Despair has the same text on it.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Nephe Shaddoll Fusion is a decent card, but the Regular Fusion and El Fusion work better for the deck, not to mention that Shaddoll Core serves almost the same purpose. (And you can send him with Construct to retrieve your fusion from rave to push for more damage/defense.

You need to run more lights in your deck; There are multiple variations, including splashing Artifacts(Rank 5 and counters other strategies), splashing White Dragon Wyverbuster and Black Dragon Collapserpent (For rank 4 plays), splashing Star Seraphs (Explosive Rank 4 Plays, but pretty inconsistent.) or just going with good generic support (Effect Veiler, Denko Sekka, Thunder King Rai-Oh). I prefer the last myself, especially since Artifact Moralltach is at 1.

Other staples you should consider running are Foolish Burial and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the End. Depending on your build, I'd say Dark Armed Dragon is fair game, as is Jar of Avarice (Player Preference, if you burn out of monsters too fast.) Compulsory Evacuation Device, Book of Moon, Vanity's Emptiness, and Mistake are also decent cards to run. And if you can get away with it, Super Polymerization is godly (Shaddolls are the reason why that card is now banned.)

In a fit of impulse buying, I ended up with both a playset of effect veilers and a playset of the star seraphs stick and chair combo. This is way too much isn't it, or can I use both in some ungodly 1/4 of my deck combination. I am bad with money.

I also grabbed Foolish burial, black luster soldier, compulsory, book of moon, vanity and mistake (x2). I'm also considering mind control and soul charge, having watched profiles/games on Ido Marcus' 1st in europe deck.

Somehow I am going to compile this ungodly assortment of cards into a workable deck.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just so you know, Ido Marcus said that he would have cut the Mind Control for Compulsory Evacuation Device, but it isn't a bad card, especially against Nekroz. A lot of card choices just depend on the meta around where you live, and the like.

As for lights, You probably could get away with the effect veilers for the side deck if you play Seraphs in the main deck. I won't lie, I don't really like the engine, because it can be quite inconsistent. However, it does give you massive advantage when you pull it off. If you are playing them, you need to pick up Rank 4s that require 3 or more Xyz to summon, the most common being Evilswarm Ouroboros and Stellarknight Delteros, and with delteros you can run Constellar Stellarknight Diamond, which is a good lockdown card in the mirror match and against BA.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Just so you know, Ido Marcus said that he would have cut the Mind Control for Compulsory Evacuation Device, but it isn't a bad card, especially against Nekroz. A lot of card choices just depend on the meta around where you live, and the like.

As for lights, You probably could get away with the effect veilers for the side deck if you play Seraphs in the main deck. I won't lie, I don't really like the engine, because it can be quite inconsistent. However, it does give you massive advantage when you pull it off. If you are playing them, you need to pick up Rank 4s that require 3 or more Xyz to summon, the most common being Evilswarm Ouroboros and Stellarknight Delteros, and with delteros you can run Constellar Stellarknight Diamond, which is a good lockdown card in the mirror match and against BA.

My extra deck is 100% Synchros and fusions right now. If anything, I'll likely play with either the seraphs and XYZs or the veilers and Synchros (veiler being a lvl 1 tuner helps). The seraphs were a bit of a silly buy, I don't really want to lay down the money for XYZs to use with them right now, but it'll be fun when I eventually have a second variation of Shaddolls to play (Shaddolls are just so drat fun). I got an OK price on the set too, $35 USD equivalent for all six shipped, which was a factor in the impulse buy.

I know what Ido said about mind control, but I ran it in a few devpro games and while it wasn't helpful too often it was fun stealing a monster for my fusions. I can see it being far more effective in casual play with my friends than against the people Ido played against, ha.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why is it not constellarknight

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

why is it not constellarknight

Because the TCG is bad with card names.

Here is a thread complaining all about it.

For Examle, Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss was tranlated litterally into Spanish and Portuguese as Virgil, Rock(Stone) Star(Sun) of the Burning Abyss :eng99:

And other things, like Thunder King Rai-Oh = Thunder King Thunder King :downs:

Edit: BurritoJustice, since you are aiming for a Synchro build, I would suggest running all 3 Veilers, and possibly Denko Sekka if you can pick her up real cheap (She's going to get a reprint in the Megatins next month, so I would wait until then to pick her up.)

Julias fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 12, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Julias posted:

Because the TCG is bad with card names.

Here is a thread complaining all about it.

For Examle, Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss was tranlated litterally into Spanish and Portuguese as Virgil, Rock(Stone) Star(Sun) of the Burning Abyss :eng99:

"Estrella de Rock" is the correct spanish translation, they did mess up the portuguese trasnaltion though.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-kr-clash-of-rebellions-world-premieres/
Trap monsters!
XYZ that wants trap monsters as materials!
They're all level 2!
MST, Shrink, Book of Moon, and Destiny draw as the trap effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering.

They don't work with Statue of Anguish Pattern, so they lose the support that other trap monsters already have.

There's potential with these and Aqua Actresses, though. Maybe Frogs, too.

• Locked thread