Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I know there was at least one other person trying to track down the Magik figure from SDCC. This ... isn't that, but it is an Illyana thing:

Looks like they're also doing Emma, Magneto, and Scott. Not poseable or anything, but still neat, and something for X-fans. Definitely gonna be picking up Magik, and maybe Emma as well. My only complaint is the yellow sword. Why? :confused: It's also way less creepy than some of the 'Bishoujo' figures Kotobukiya did of various Marvel ladies!

These are coming out in February of 2016, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The releases are actually staggered. Cyclops is supposed to be around October, then Emma, then Magneto.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The ARTFX line is fantastic but I'm not interested in any of the X-Men line. Gimmie the Giant-Size X-Men lineup and I'm in though.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The releases are actually staggered. Cyclops is supposed to be around October, then Emma, then Magneto.

Ah, rad! I hadn't looked at the actual website, just skimmed a Comics Alliance article and saw the photos.

Rhyno posted:

The ARTFX line is fantastic but I'm not interested in any of the X-Men line. Gimmie the Giant-Size X-Men lineup and I'm in though.

I'd love an ARTFX Nightcrawler, oh man. If only.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not comics, but kidrobot has Mega Man mini's and I want 'em.

$11.99 for 3

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

ButtWolf posted:

Not comics, but kidrobot has Mega Man mini's and I want 'em.

$11.99 for 3

I don't think you get 3 of them for $11.99 -- I think that's the size (3")

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What run is that uncanny x men like based on? It looks cool.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

shymog posted:

I don't think you get 3 of them for $11.99 -- I think that's the size (3")

Yeah they're $12 each, KidRobot poo poo is not cheap

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rear end Catchcum posted:

What run is that uncanny x men like based on? It looks cool.

Uncanny X-Men, the most recent one by Bendis for Emma, Cyclops, Magik and Magneto.

The other 3 aren't in it much if at all, they're just big in Japan.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm starting to see a lot of YouTube reviews for the ML Thundra and Scarlet Spider waves, have any of you guys spotted any of them at retail yet? I'm just trying to gauge if they're starting to see widespread retail release and it's worth checking local stores, or if YouTube reviewers are just getting lucky with BBTS shipments or whatever.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Ant Man wave is the last one I've seen at the stores near me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

BBTS and HTS shipped both those waves last month.

I tried to fit all of this year's stuff in a picture and it shant fit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

I'm so jealous that I've shant my pants.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I shant complain ever again, this has been the best ML year ever.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Rhyno posted:

I'm so jealous that I've shant my pants.

Your new name can be ShAnt Man

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Rage posted:

Yeah they're $12 each, KidRobot poo poo is not cheap

A ton of the SF2 stuff did fall to Five Below for $5 each.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's a good Spider-Man pose. :3: Gonna redo my HT one tonight!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

I love Giant Man's head getting cut off in this photo.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

I don't see upcoming Target 3-pack nor Amazon 4-pack nor 1st Appearance Daredevil in there :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also missing the SHIELD pack!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I told you guys I ran out of space! Didn't even fit the Hobgoblin, Allfather, Thanos, SHIELD, and some other crap I'm forgetting. Been a crazy ML year.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 13, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

I told you guys I ran out of space! Didn't even fit the Hobgoblin

Was/is there another one besides the Philgoblin BAF?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Philgoblin!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

I'm starting to see a lot of YouTube reviews for the ML Thundra and Scarlet Spider waves, have any of you guys spotted any of them at retail yet? I'm just trying to gauge if they're starting to see widespread retail release and it's worth checking local stores, or if YouTube reviewers are just getting lucky with BBTS shipments or whatever.

I've seen Misty Knight and Scarlet Spider at TRU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

If anyone manages to snag a Scarlet Spider in the wild and can send it to me, I'd be much obliged.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh god, TRU is doing a midnight opening on Friday September 4th for all the new Star Wars toys. I'm in the US then. I'm going to have to go, aren't I?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, TRU is doing a midnight opening on Friday September 4th for all the new Star Wars toys. I'm in the US then. I'm going to have to go, aren't I?

Not if it's like TPM, when those things warmed pegs for a year.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's hard to imagine a situation in which you will be unable to purchase Star Wars toys.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

It's hard to imagine a situation in which you will be unable to purchase Star Wars toys.

Or at least a cardboard box with photos of the toys on it.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

Black series Boba Fett - then again twice retail price is still available I guess.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I'm just curious about what it'll be like. I'll be coming from a bar so it'll be extra fun. I might pick up a BB-8.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I did the midnight release of Tpm toys, and all I really remember was 2 nerdlings laughing at me because I said I wanted a maul and they Just KNEW he was a shortpack. Each of those guys had like a page written out of the stuff they wanted and ended up buying a huge buggy full of toys.

I got a maul and I think a 3po and went to Taco Bell.

I'd say unless you have a gigantic Star Wars boner, you can skip the midnight release and feel safe you will eventually get the same horribly overpriced plastic piece of poo poo toys you'll find a month later (and probably years later).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Honestly I am doing with the Black Series stuff what I do with almost all Star Wars stuff: wait a few years and get it for less than retail.

I do want to army build a Imperial Army one of these days, maybe do the Shuttle scene from Jedi or something. The problem I hear is you have to kit bash like 4 Vaders together to get a decent one and likewise with the Emperor. I don't even know where to start with that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I did the midnight release of Tpm toys, and all I really remember was 2 nerdlings laughing at me because I said I wanted a maul and they Just KNEW he was a shortpack. Each of those guys had like a page written out of the stuff they wanted and ended up buying a huge buggy full of toys.

I got a maul and I think a 3po and went to Taco Bell.

I'd say unless you have a gigantic Star Wars boner, you can skip the midnight release and feel safe you will eventually get the same horribly overpriced plastic piece of poo poo toys you'll find a month later (and probably years later).
I'm gonna go because it's nerdy and fun and the last time I did it was back in 2005. I just want a couple of the core characters, black series preferably. Mostly Captain Phasma. :swoon:. She's already my favorite character.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Djarum posted:

Honestly I am doing with the Black Series stuff what I do with almost all Star Wars stuff: wait a few years and get it for less than retail.

It probably safe to skip the midnight extravaganza because these will be around forever and in multiple different forms and repacks and repaints until 10 years from now they finally produce perfect specimens that no one buys because they are only available from one store.

It's reasonable to wait for these but if you tried waiting for the Vintage Collection then you ended up paying a lot more than retail - the prices on some of the later figures is 10x retail.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Philgoblin!

Why does he have Phil Coulson's shades and saggy boobies?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was after a rare Star Wars figure, took the advice from this thread and waited, and the price has continued to climb for years. Probably could have snagged it for around $30, but I'd be lucky to pay $80 now, even loose. It's the one really good figure of Ahsoka Tano, with the look from the later seasons of Clone Wars. When she showed up again on Rebels it caused a new surge of interest, so demand is only gonna keep going up, and if they ever do a new figure again it will probably be the Rebels version. You can get most Clone Wars figures pretty cheap now, but not the only one I wanted...

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
The leaks of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures confirms I'll be getting a good night's rest on September 4th.

I went to the midnight releases for the prequels movies and dropped major dough on the 4" figures, accessories, vehicles. Overall I was happy with the product.

Taking a step back to 5 points of articulation and ugly looking add-on armor/build a mini-vehicle interest and excite me not in the least.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I was after a rare Star Wars figure, took the advice from this thread and waited, and the price has continued to climb for years. Probably could have snagged it for around $30, but I'd be lucky to pay $80 now, even loose. It's the one really good figure of Ahsoka Tano, with the look from the later seasons of Clone Wars. When she showed up again on Rebels it caused a new surge of interest, so demand is only gonna keep going up, and if they ever do a new figure again it will probably be the Rebels version. You can get most Clone Wars figures pretty cheap now, but not the only one I wanted...

Yeah, having those nice figures with full articulation on vintage card backs is something that I would love to see continue. The distribution at the end of that line sounds like it was a nightmare. They have released some of those figures in The Black Series so they may release her. C3PO was getting pretty expensive but now has dropped significantly over the past month with re-release on the Black card.

I'll buy some of the new ones for my daughter to play with but they look horrible and the cards are stupid looking. Hopefully they resurrect the Vintage Collection because it would be neat to have a Captain Phantasm or whatever. There are some neat looking aliens in some of the preview shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Not that it's super important, but I'm not even talking about the "vintage collection" one. I don't really like that figure. For a while it was way easier to find than the actual cartoon-style one, but it seems like they're both in a lot of demand now.

The earlier Ahsoka figures from the Clone Wars line were kinda bad and seemed to be real peg warmers, so after she turned into a better character with a cooler visual design, and they made a much nicer action figure, they of course did an extremely small run, and that figure has been super hard to find. Later they came out with the "realistic" vintage collection figure, but if you're a fan of the TV show's aesthetic, it just comes across as a weird potato-faced knockoff.

This right here is the really rare one. "CW44." You find maybe 5 of the vintage ones on ebay for every one of these. I'm almost to the point where $75 + $5 shipping for a loose 3" figure seems like a good deal...