Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Who will stop this monstrosity? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

BLOSSOM WHAT THE gently caress DID YOU DO

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

She killed ole Knotty! Straight up murdered an old man.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcaHVJw79jo

SexyBlindfold posted:

I dig that apparently Blossom is going to be the Big Bad of this arc. "Angry, bitter nerd" is such an underused villain template.

Angry, bitter, buff nerd.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Love is dead

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hey, we haven't seen those two in a loooong while and they grew up massively. Barely realized the pretty girl was Little Claire at first.

And she won't take being dumped in a healthy way -- not happening -- this is Little Claire and we have seen her psychotic tendencies before.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

Love is dead

Haha, I just realized this could be setting up Linton with Little Claire eventually. Now wouldn't that be a thing? :allears:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, I just realized this could be setting up Linton with Little Claire eventually. Now wouldn't that be a thing? :allears:

The grandchild of the police and fire chiefs is the hero Tackleford needs.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, we haven't seen those two in a loooong while and they grew up massively. Barely realized the pretty girl was Little Claire at first.
Even Big Lindsey used to be Little Lindsey once.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Medium Claire. :geno:

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Is Sonny gay?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

There is a skeleton inside you.

Maybe.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

The storyline with the selkies would suggest that he does like girls, he's just not as vocal about it as Linton.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but Shauna's brilliant.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
She appears to have preempted basically everything she can be made fun of for, leaving the only way blossom can torment her beating her up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but Shauna's brilliant.

Boom! Lawyered.

Also, somebody's set up a wiki. The Bobbinsverse have made it big!

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I am extremely surprised it took it that long, considering how long it's been happening and how popular it is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It never occurred to me before that we'd never seen Jack's dad before but Jack's dad rules, and also retroactively makes everything about Jack make more sense.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I'd been wondering if we'd ever meet Jack's parents... he's the only member of the six main cast that we hadn't until now, right?

Also, I shall now observe a moment of silence for 'ol Knotty. I always liked him. What an awful way to go.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think someone mocked him a looooong time ago for his dad being a hair dresser. Which in turn means he never ever wants people to know 'cause that wouldn't be manly and Jack's very manly.

Of course Lottie would know. She probably even goes there to keep her anime hair going.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Jack's dad rules.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What ever happened to Shauna's dad, anyways?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Secretly a ghostbuster and fought an evil giant walnut or something (this is false)

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 12, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

What ever happened to Shauna's dad, anyways?

Shauna does not spend the weekends with him or whatever, which means it wasn't a divorce. Considering she never talked or thought about him on panel may even imply she does not know the guy, so chances may be that Shauna's mom simply never married the guy and he left before Shauna was born (or shortly after). This would explain why she's so fixed on Dan staying with them.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jack's Dad = Best Dad

RE: Blossom. What's her end game here? I'm guessing she's smart enough to be acting out like this consciously, but to what end?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Jack's Dad = Best Dad

RE: Blossom. What's her end game here? I'm guessing she's smart enough to be acting out like this consciously, but to what end?

Blossom has no end game. She's a terrible person who just learned she has a physical advantage over other people, so now she's power-tripping.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Note that the last time we saw Blossom, she handed Shauna over to an alien invader so that she could more effectively isolate her only friend from having any other social contacts.

That is not the action of a person who thinks things through.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hey now, the alien invaded was to more effectively isolate one of her TWO only friends. Isolating her only friend was after that! (and also just involved talking poo poo about Shauna)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
So it turns out Shauna's forgotten brother from Scary Go Round was in prison this whole time.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Scaramouche posted:

Jack's Dad = Best Dad

The end of 'I had a growth spurt so you're all the nerds now'

she's been a font of unfocussed adolescent rage from the start

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Huh, Darren exists again.

(I'm glad, it always felt a bit weird that he was just edited out.)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Uh-oh. This wedding isn't going to end up well, is it?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Y'know, I'm still not quite sold on ROBERT COP, but the fact that apparently every single character is a massive dork who makes awful jokes is sweetening the deal.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I may be wrong, but the newest panel kind of seems like a Monkey Dust reference to me.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I miss the medical examiner with the staple remover.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Frustration brings out the artist in you, I hear.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Linton :allears:

He's always been my least favourite Scary Go Boy, but I think I might enjoy this arc.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I don't think there's a better tattoo idea out there than "I <3 CHIVES".

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
So it seems like our yet-to-intersect plot threads for this chapter are:
  • Blossom Cooper: Menace 2 Society
  • Daz Ruins Everything
  • Linton Hears a Hormone
My money's on "disastrous Linton > Blossom > Daz love triangle," but I have historically not been great at predicting where Allison's going with his setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Wonderslug posted:

So it seems like our yet-to-intersect plot threads for this chapter are:
  • Blossom Cooper: Menace 2 Society
  • Daz Ruins Everything
  • Linton Hears a Hormone
My money's on "disastrous Linton > Blossom > Daz love triangle," but I have historically not been great at predicting where Allison's going with his setups.

Well, there's also the question of replacing the teacher.

• Locked thread