Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Jurgan posted:

Hillary Clinton is responding to this just right: "Yes, what Trump said is disgusting, but it's no worse for women than the policies Republicans push every day."

Prediction: FOX keeps throwing Kelly under the bus and she bails on the network, taking their only link to a younger demographic with her.

Also is it just me or are Mark Levin's shoulders slowly devouring his neck?

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...ame=Shake+Levin

Also I imagine MSNBC picking up Kelley both to claim ":see we're not liberal," and just to rub it in at Fox.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 12, 2015

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Prediction: FOX keeps throwing Kelly under the bus and she bails on the network, taking their only link to a younger demographic with her.

Prediction to that: FOX sues Kelly for violation of contract and bankrupts her, leaving her to rely on family and friends.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Don't forget, being offended is a cardinal sin in conservatism.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Nah, FOX has the golden handcuffs on her pretty tight. If she left, she'd be leaving for an uncertain future and leaving a pile of money behind.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kelly is just as scummy and soulless as the rest of that channel and will probably put up with whatever she's required to if she keeps getting paid.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tender Bender posted:

The tea party/ hard right party line is that this is a personal feud between Trump and Kelley, and that when she asked him about all his demeaning comments about women she was only pursuing a personal vendetta because she herself was offended and she was overstepping her boundaries as a moderator.

Since Trump is championing #gamergate garbage, I'd wager to say that it's actually about ethics in debate moderator responsibilities.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Don't forget, being offended is a cardinal sin in conservatism.

Now let me tell you about this guy at Office Depot who said Happy Holidays!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Phone posted:

...Trump is championing #gamergate garbage...

Details please?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Some one tell the Donald these guys are in fact yoooge losers.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Trump is a huge poo poo head but I don't think he cares about GG, I think he responds to people supporting him.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Today's surprising "stopped clock" award for something not election related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

Note that this is from the "Prager University", conservative radio host Dennis Prager's youtube channel.

Edit: as usual, read the comments at your own risk.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Note that this is from the "Prager University", conservative radio host Dennis Prager's youtube channel.

Having never heard of "Prager University" before, I enjoyed the video and clicked the link to the Iran Deal video. Big mistake.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Fox News made a big error today in describing Yazidis as Christian.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/12/yazidi-refugees-flee-isis-but-find-door-to-us-asylum-closed/?intcmp=hpbt1

The article, linked above, has since been corrected to include the statement "The Yazidi religion includes elements of ancient nature-worship, as well as influences from Christianity, Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism, Islam and Judaism." But up until an hour ago, contained several references that openly described them as Christian or included them grouped categorically with Christians. Oddly, the article itself has a corrected first paragraph, describing Yazidis as "the historic religious enclave", but the Fox News' front page still has the sub headline "the historic Christian enclave".

And, of course, neither the article nor the journalist's Twitter has language that indicates that anything has been changed since initial publishing.

Strange poo poo. Does Fox not think their viewers can see a people as sympathetic unless they're Christian?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

William Bear posted:

Strange poo poo. Does Fox not think their viewers can see a people as sympathetic unless they're Christian?

If they don't think it, we all know it.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Fox News, noted for its sympathy for asylum seekers.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

But she's their go-to racist cop defender.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah Trump is a huge poo poo head but I don't think he cares about GG, I think he responds to people supporting him.

Pretty much, the joke used to be that gators thought that retweeting an empty platitude constituted supporting their movement. It's worrying if intelligent people start repeating that take on it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Davethulhu posted:

Are these the same fuckers that said America had in fact won the Vietnam War, and the Dems had no intention of following through?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

William Bear posted:

Fox News made a big error today in describing Yazidis as Christian.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/12/yazidi-refugees-flee-isis-but-find-door-to-us-asylum-closed/?intcmp=hpbt1

The article, linked above, has since been corrected to include the statement "The Yazidi religion includes elements of ancient nature-worship, as well as influences from Christianity, Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism, Islam and Judaism." But up until an hour ago, contained several references that openly described them as Christian or included them grouped categorically with Christians. Oddly, the article itself has a corrected first paragraph, describing Yazidis as "the historic religious enclave", but the Fox News' front page still has the sub headline "the historic Christian enclave".

And, of course, neither the article nor the journalist's Twitter has language that indicates that anything has been changed since initial publishing.

The answer is yes, and Fox doesn't actually give a poo poo about Middle Eastern Christians either, beyond using them as a way to attack Obama's foreign policy (aka he's letting Christians die by not stopping ISIL).

What probably happened is that they hosed up by mixing up the Yazidis with the various Assyrian Christian groups/militias also located in Northern Iraq (and Syria):

The Yazidis live/lived in the area around Sinjar/Mt. Sinjar prior to ISIL attempting to literally genocide them, when the Yazidis had to flee to the rest of Iraqi Kurdistan. The Assyrian Christians live/lived in the Ninevah Plains region prior to ISIL attempting to kill them as well, and they also had to flee/fall back to Iraqi Kurdistan.

It's actually rather insulting to call the Yazidis Christian, because their (non-Christian) belief system is part of the reason ISIL is trying to murder them in the first place:

quote:

Because of this connection to the Sufi Iblis tradition, some followers of other monotheistic religions of the region equate the Peacock Angel with their own unredeemed evil spirit Satan, which has incited centuries of persecution of the Yazidis as "devil worshippers."
Yazidis and Assyrian Christians are both being persecuted by ISIL, and it is largely for their respective religious beliefs, but calling the Yazidis "Christian" is incorrect. But good luck getting Fox to bother with things like "facts".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

beatlegs posted:

I'm sure there is a few wannabes in their Outnumbered show that would happily take her place.

For instance, was watching Outnumbered 2 days ago and they were talking how about some law universities were giving back tuition fees back to students if they didn't end up in a job at the end.
The group of ladies thought this was outrageous, one said "And what reward do the ones who get jobs get then?".
gently caress you if you don't get a job immediately after graduation.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mister Macys posted:

Are these the same fuckers that said America had in fact won the Vietnam War, and the Dems had no intention of following through?

Prager is almost universally reprehensible, which is why this one was such a surprise. Check out his stuff on youtube for bad opinions regarding the laffer curve, progressive taxation, persecuted christians, the iraq war, etc.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

beatlegs posted:

She's blond white woman number 35 as far as FOX cares. She can and will be replaced when she isn't considered physically attractive or hardline enough for a conservative talking head, with or without angering The Donald.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 13, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Crabtree posted:

She's blond white woman number 35 as far as FOX cares. She can and will be replaced when she isn't considered physically attractive or hardline enough for a conservative talking head, with out without angering The Donald.

Eh, they've spent a fair bit of time and money investing in her "brand" so she's not 100% casually disposable. That being said, if the base/fox viewers keep seeing her as some uppity radioactive female they'll drop her into the coveted 3AM timeslot until she leaves.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Davethulhu posted:

Prager is almost universally reprehensible, which is why this one was such a surprise. Check out his stuff on youtube for bad opinions regarding the laffer curve, progressive taxation, persecuted christians, the iraq war, etc.

I know nothing about Prager or Prager University or whatever the thing is called. Is the professor from West Point in the video associated with it? The video itself seemed able to be taken out of the context of whomever made it in this case I think.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Btw, did any news outlet other than the Rachel Maddow show point out that Megyn Kelly claimed during the 2nd debate that Fiorina "opened a can of whoop rear end" on all the other debating opponents, followed by knowing guffaws by the other moderators? Now there's some unbiased journalism right there.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hard to really care about that when it's occurring during a primary debate where a cable news channel picked and chose which candidates were worthy, hosted it, had candidates buying commercial time on their channel to get in, the deployed questions that were nakedly slanted to kneecap some and elevate others, etc.

I mean yeah it's biased but it's sitting on an asteroid made of bias.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hard to really care about that when it's occurring during a primary debate where a cable news channel picked and chose which candidates were worthy, hosted it, had candidates buying commercial time on their channel to get in, the deployed questions that were nakedly slanted to kneecap some and elevate others, etc.

I mean yeah it's biased but it's sitting on an asteroid made of bias.

And yet Trump still won. :911:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I saw at least one poll that had Carly Fiorina ahead of Jeb and Walker. Trump still on top and your VP pick out-polling your establishment choice? It would be hard to engineer a better backfire.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm inversely wondering whether it's been pointed out to Dana Snyder that he sounds like Mark Levin and/or the kind of trolling he could do with this superpower?

In one of the season openers when they move to "Seattle" Shakes drops a line about how he apparently has a talk radio show now. Definitely a Levin reference.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't know how right-wing it is, but is Zero Hedge at all a credible site?

I've stumbled across links to it a couple of times now and it seems to be predicting the apocalypse.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Wanderer posted:

I've stumbled across links to it a couple of times now and it seems to be predicting the apocalypse.

Zero Hedge is pretty right wing. Basically, if there's a government policy that might impede quarterly profits then they're against it. It's masturbatory bullshit for finance industry assholes in need of self-agrandizement.

It's finance industry technofascism at its worst.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Wanderer posted:

Zero hedge as a whole is crackpot "everything's going to blow up any day now" website but they do occasionally have legit scoops and analysis.

Check out this for more info: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Basically if you see something on zero hedge... Wait until a couple more reputable places can confirm. They're not always off their rocker, but it's pretty common!

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

And yet Trump still won. :911:

Without doing particularly well. And kind of telling them he'd gently caress their whole organisation if he did win. That was supposed to kill him in the first minute of the debate. They must of thought he'd try to worm his way out of it and maybe look weak doing it. I certainly did.. That would have made him just another candidate . Instead he straight up said if I dont win Im ruining your lives.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

bpower posted:

Without doing particularly well. And kind of telling them he'd gently caress their whole organisation if he did win. That was supposed to kill him in the first minute of the debate. They must of thought he'd try to worm his way out of it and maybe look weak doing it. I certainly did.. That would have made him just another candidate . Instead he straight up said if I dont win Im ruining your lives.

And simultaneously everyone else said "We will endorse you if you win, Mr. Trump."

It's like you don't understand political theater.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sootoro = Soetoro = Obama is ISIS QED impeachment benghazi.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Couple of questions,

Why are a good portion of baby boomers racist?

Why are they so akin to believing fwd:fwd:fwd myths about the president implying that he's some sort of secret muslim/kenyan, without doing research?

Why do they hate government programs such as welfare, and say..NPR, yet seem so willing to support an increase in the military industrial complex?

Why are they against their tax dollars being used towards public education?

Just some very basic trends I'm noticing on local talk radio.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 13, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Couple of questions,

Why are a good portion of baby boomers racist?

They old and white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Also there are still a lot of rural pockets in the US where it's socially acceptable to be openly racist, even in blue states.