Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Charles and Reed's descriptions are amazing. :lol:

Also the planet.

Hank McCoy's is also great, but of course Doom's is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Hank McCoy's is also great, but of course Doom's is the best.

Yeah it's obvious and the point of the cover, but that Doom pic and caption is just great.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

Secret Wars Too one-shot announced for November.

I want that Doom picture and text for an avatar so badly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A-force is really good and some poo poo went down this issue. I just hope they do not go with the obvious traitor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gfanikf posted:

I want that Doom picture and text for an avatar so badly.

Boom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That was nice of you!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

That was nice of you!

Well, it's no hardhat Spidey spree.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jealousssssss

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Well, it's no hardhat Spidey spree.

Those were the good times.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Everyone get Secret Wars: Battleworld #4! It's Silver Surfer-heavy and James Stokoe does art for one of the stories. e: also wrote it I guess!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh, lovely, I guess that's what I get for being nice.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Oh, lovely, I guess that's what I get for being nice.
If you still have this one by Friday I'll change it back to what you were using before.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This Alti Firmansyah chick who does the art on Star Lord & Kitty Pryde is pretty decent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

If you still have this one by Friday I'll change it back to what you were using before.

Whoever keeps buying me lovely avatars has spent about 120 dollars on me so far. I'd find it funny if it wasn't getting so expensive on my end.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank you very much!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Wanderer posted:

This Alti Firmansyah chick who does the art on Star Lord & Kitty Pryde is pretty decent.

I haven't read #2 yet, but I loving love this book.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Unmature posted:

I haven't read #2 yet, but I loving love this book.

#2 is even better IMO. Such a good series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Attilan Rising continues to be interesting and fill in some Battleworld gaps (South pole? I guess I never thought of battleworld as an actual planet). I was pretty eh on Marvel's Inhumans push but Soule has really done a good job making them into compelling characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Attilan Rising continues to be interesting and fill in some Battleworld gaps (South pole? I guess I never thought of battleworld as an actual planet). I was pretty eh on Marvel's Inhumans push but Soule has really done a good job making them into compelling characters.

Also Medusa playing fetch. You know some shits going to go down when Blackagar Boltagon gets the mist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Also Medusa playing fetch. You know some shits going to go down when Blackagar Boltagon gets the mist.

"You talk too much" guy's gonna be hosed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I guess I am in the " Let's just keep things like this until books get to issue 12" cause I really super enjoy Secret Wars and all related titles.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So is Jane Thor from 616? The panels with her in it were kinda suggesting that she's aware somethings messed up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So is Jane Thor from 616? The panels with her in it were kinda suggesting that she's aware somethings messed up.

Yeah she was sent into the Thor Corps by Strange.

Which means everyone is where Strange wanted to put them and it wasn't some emergency scatter everyone to the four winds asap emergency move.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

Yeah she was sent into the Thor Corps by Strange.

Which means everyone is where Strange wanted to put them and it wasn't some emergency scatter everyone to the four winds asap emergency move.

BP and Namor in Egyptia and Carol in Sinister Land (gross).

Speaking of that, Star lord and Kitty remains fantastic.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
While Secret Wars is obviously leading up to a Reed/Doom confrontation, another interaction that I desperately hoped we'd get is Doom/Black Swan and seeing that Strange teleported her to Doomstadt made me happy.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

So, are we supposed to be seeing every single domain by the end? I really want to see Egyptia/Moon Knight/Khonshu.

EDIT: I mean in its own book. I know we've seen Moon Knight here and there in the battleworld/journals ones and Egyptia in the Battleworlds one today but I want a book that is ONLY Egyptia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

While Secret Wars is obviously leading up to a Reed/Doom confrontation, another interaction that I desperately hoped we'd get is Doom/Black Swan and seeing that Strange teleported her to Doomstadt made me happy.

I think that might be setting up a Black Swan/Molecule Man showdown, since Black Swans were invented for killing Molecule Men.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Putting Thanos south of the Shield seems...unwise. Though I guess I don't know where would be better.

EDIT: No, we won't get a book of every realm.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Putting Thanos south of the Shield seems...unwise. Though I guess I don't know where would be better.

Putting him in the middle of any realm where there are inhabitants that aren't ultrons, zombies, or bugs sounds even worse though.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

So, if I read right does Thanos find a Thor hammer there?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Senor Candle posted:

Putting him in the middle of any realm where there are inhabitants that aren't ultrons, zombies, or bugs sounds even worse though.

Putting him in a realm where there's past allies, poo poo to easily conquer and an infinity gauntlet seems like the kinda poo poo Strange did on purpose to buy Reed time. Because nothing says slight distraction like Thanos knocking that dumb Grimm wall and flooding Battleworld with poo poo.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Endless Mike posted:

Does this mean that 616 Thanos is the Thanos they were talking about in the latest Siege? I assumed it would be the one from Infinity Gauntlet because they talk about him making a glove but if the Big Bad is down south of the wall then... well. I'm still curious how much intra-crossover these books are going to have. Only one so far is really Old Man Logan and that's mostly incidental.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Does this mean that 616 Thanos is the Thanos they were talking about in the latest Siege? I assumed it would be the one from Infinity Gauntlet because they talk about him making a glove but if the Big Bad is down south of the wall then... well. I'm still curious how much intra-crossover these books are going to have. Only one so far is really Old Man Logan and that's mostly incidental.

I'm thinking it is but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This weeks Years of Future Past was a vast improvement on the entire run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I'm thinking it is but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.

I think it might be as they had to push everything back due to delays.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

I think it might be as they had to push everything back due to delays.

Yeah, showing where people ended up was the only thing that seems like it would really effect other books.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm a little confused about the finale pages of A-force, are they trying to show that Arcadia is in open revolt against Doom? Though I'm confusing by Black Bolt and Black Panthers presence, aren't there only female heroes there?

Garmoa Thor is pretty scary.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

^^ Gamthora

twistedmentat posted:

I'm a little confused about the finale pages of A-force, are they trying to show that Arcadia is in open revolt against Doom? Though I'm confusing by Black Bolt and Black Panthers presence, aren't there only female heroes there?

I think they are husbands of Medusa and Storm e.g. they do nothing but live as every day citizens. Colossus was there too, I believe. He also had a STRONG resemblance to the new Extraordinary X-Men cover.

Edit: I looked again. I was wrong. It was a Thor-lossus.

Elucidarius fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 12, 2015

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

err quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It only seems to be women in the government but there are plenty of dudes they show walking around in the first issue.

• Locked thread