Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Oh god that last panel I can't breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

No this was in no way sexual, just a black man with a harem of white women on leashes, nothing sexual about that.

Also holy poo poo Bad Reporter is over the loving moon recently.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Bad Reporter continues to be Best Reporter.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I have another political cartoons request that's kind of random. Does anyone have any obituary comics for Steve Irwin? I don't think the politoons thread had started by then though.

This joke got used a lot

Peter Brock, another household name, died 4 days after Steve. :australia:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like this overall, but is Bagley insinuating that that kid is going to be killed by a video game?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

How is it these make the same joke but I like Bagley's infinitely better? Cuter art? It's a little more subtle? Pro-Bagley bias?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Blood Sport: Killer Safari sounds like a bitchin' arcade game.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

How is it these make the same joke but I like Bagley's infinitely better? Cuter art? It's a little more subtle? Pro-Bagley bias?

Crocodile Dundee was entirely unrelated to Steve Irwin, which makes the joke fall a little flat.

I rather like this one though.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

quote:

:3:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'd be angry too if someone lopped off the left side of my head and wrote all that crazy poo poo over the scar tissue.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I'm probably going to hold onto this image so I can photoshop in the next 20 years of Republican candidates as time goes by :v:

Not for this thread, just to remind myself how true this is

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

No mention whatsoever of Dirty Commies or Welfare Queens, 3/10

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Monkey Fracas posted:

No mention whatsoever of Dirty Commies or Welfare Queens, 3/10

Also they sure as well aren't using the word "witch"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Horsey's dipping into Muir territory by having bizarre hateful rhetoric look like it's coming from a boob.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Ted finally heard back from the LA Times.

They stand by their decision.

Whew... glad that's over!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SuperHappy posted:

Ted finally heard back from the LA Times.

They stand by their decision.

Whew... glad that's over!
Rall's well that ends well.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I like how "a cop put me in handcuffs and roughed me up" has been walked back to "a cop was rude." I had some lingering feeling that, come on, the LAPD is involved, Rall may be telling the actual truth. But now :laffo: all I can think of is that "I killed a hobo" story. Jesus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I like this overall, but is Bagley insinuating that that kid is going to be killed by a video game?

Nah he's contrasting it to Steve's message of conservation and compassion to animals, even scary dangerous ones. The chips and poo poo are the 'you're just as likely to die, dude', the video game is a second joke of 'and seriously we need more guys like him'.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
No doubt, cartoonist Ted Rall had an uncomfortable run-in with the LAPD. His brutal ticketing couldn't crush his enthusiasm for cartooning.

But he was an awful liar. More than any other cartoonist, Rall reinforced the hollow sentimentality and arrogant exceptionalism that compose the nasty side of Gen-Xers. Anti-establishmentarian and politically unsophisticated, Rall was a sucker for the Matt Groening brand of ironically bad art, watered-down liberal ideology, false odes to fictional revolutionism that reinforces the toxic narrative that cartoonists (and print newspapers) try to do the best they can.

Rall was predeceased by his erstwhile artistic talent. His art "stuck it to the man" in a challenge to the artistic and and political status quo. Rall belittled groundbreaking genre work by experimental Holocaust survivors.

Rall wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing "My War with Brian." He disagreed when I said it was horseshit, that "Brian" is unreadable now. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He just kept pointing to the book's self-importance, which I didn't dispute.

A lot of cartoonists are sharper than Rall was. Now that his firing from the LA Times has opened up space in print and on the web, it would be good if other, more competent artists were allowed to be seen.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 13, 2015

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Michael Ramirez officially joins the LA Times!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

How are u posted:

Isaiah officially joins the LA Times!

I couldn't be more excited.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Lady Naga posted:

This is literally from years ago, like, first term Obama years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJ7NmU6lJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ClBxm5Jpoo

Late, but that second version is way less interesting than the first. The actors really lack that dramatic flair.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

No doubt, cartoonist Ted Rall had an uncomfortable run-in with the LAPD. His brutal ticketing couldn't crush his enthusiasm for cartooning.

But he was an awful liar. More than any other cartoonist, Rall reinforced the hollow sentimentality and arrogant exceptionalism that compose the nasty side of Gen-Xers. Anti-establishmentarian and politically unsophisticated, Rall was a sucker for the Matt Groening brand of ironically bad art, watered-down liberal ideology, false odes to fictional revolutionism that reinforces the toxic narrative that cartoonists (and print newspapers) try to do the best they can.

Rall was predeceased by his erstwhile artistic talent. His art "stuck it to the man" in a challenge to the artistic and and political status quo. Rall belittled groundbreaking genre work by experimental Holocaust survivors.

Rall wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing "My War with Brian." He disagreed when I said it was horseshit, that "Brian" is unreadable now. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He just kept pointing to the book's self-importance, which I didn't dispute.

A lot of cartoonists are sharper than Rall was. Now that his firing from the LA Times has opened up space in print and on the web, it would be good if other, more competent artists were allowed to be seen.

I'm sad to say it took me until the fourth line to get it.

:pusheen:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Saint Sputnik posted:

:golfclap:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is incredible

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Horsey shocking the world by taking aim at the memory of beloved comedian Robin Williams. A truly remorseless hit piece from this Hollywood liberal, Rallian in both proportion and lack of provocation. drat David. God drat.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

TVs Patrick Duffy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 12, 2015

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Plague of Hats posted:

I like how "a cop put me in handcuffs and roughed me up" has been walked back to "a cop was rude." I had some lingering feeling that, come on, the LAPD is involved, Rall may be telling the actual truth. But now :laffo: all I can think of is that "I killed a hobo" story. Jesus.

Since I really don't want to go wading through that muck, does anybody know the context for his original blog post? What made him even talk about an incident from 14 years earlier? Was it part of a "Top 100 Times I, Ted Rall, Have Been Held Back By The Man" post?

It was, wasn't it?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

If anyone missed it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

After The War posted:

Since I really don't want to go wading through that muck, does anybody know the context for his original blog post? What made him even talk about an incident from 14 years earlier? Was it part of a "Top 100 Times I, Ted Rall, Have Been Held Back By The Man" post?

It was, wasn't it?

He brought it up to compare himself to black americans being murdered by police iirc

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The best part is "My Mexican gardener who can't speak English"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

i cleaned up the audio tape
                                                  /

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

A good eulogy for the late Ted Rall.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Replied to a Facebook article about disease proliferation in cities being up. Got a reply linking me to http://www.whale.to/ .

There are cartoons.

More: http://www.whale.to/a/cartoons.html

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Beeg posted:

If anyone missed it

I only read this thread occasionally, what happened? Did Rall threaten the LA Times?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Wasn't the article Rall get fired over something he posted a few years ago? It's honestly kinda lovely for the LAPD to dig that up and demand his termination over it, truth or not.

Or was it something new he posted about an event that happened years ago, in which case the demand is slightly less lovely?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

JT Jag posted:

Wasn't the article Rall get fired over something he posted a few years ago? It's honestly kinda lovely for the LAPD to dig that up and demand his termination over it, truth or not.

Or was it something new he posted about an event that happened years ago, in which case the demand is slightly less lovely?

Pretty sure he wrote an article comparing black people being murdered by police with him getting arrested for jaywalking and thats how the whole thing started

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

I only read this thread occasionally, what happened? Did Rall threaten the LA Times?

Ted Rall got fired for being a self-aggrandizing liar. The only reason people aren't just saying "GOOD" and leaving it at that is that his firing is a direct result of the LAPD having a full-blown tantrum about Ted Rall calling them abusive and rude, which they are. There's audiotape of a thing, but it doesn't really matter.

Also, nearly everyone coming to Rall's defense has been phrasing it like "Ted Rall is a known liar, but . . ." which to me is funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That teeny tiny Obama is kind of adorable :3:

• Locked thread