Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

WickedHate posted:

I don't collect ranger keys, but those are a lot more interesting to me than just "the most recent team" anyway. I mean, those'll come eventually for sure, so if I was a collector I'd be way more hype about all these not-rangers getting keys.

Fair enough. I'm just a bit biased because my Ranger Key collection is Reds only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Turns out there was a tease for a ToQger set as well, just no pictures or date yet.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

jivjov posted:

Turns out there was a tease for a ToQger set as well, just no pictures or date yet.

Sell each number ToQGer in every color. :10bux:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Dr Tran posted:

Sell each number ToQGer in every color. :10bux:

Did Akira ever use another color?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Some Numbers posted:

Did Akira ever use another color?

his reader was said to not work with the others because he didn't need it, and it was SAID that Orange couldn't go into the others, but Right managed to do it in the Finale with enough IMAGINATION

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

his reader was said to not work with the others because he didn't need it, and it was SAID that Orange couldn't go into the others, but Right managed to do it in the Finale with enough IMAGINATION

Which is appropiate. The reason why Right couldn't turn Orange, and Akira couldn't turn into other colours, is because Akira didn't need it. When does Right manage to turn into Orange? During the final battle with Z, where he undoubtely NEEDS the power.

IMAGINATION was undoubtely part of the thing, since TQG, but I think it was well-done, by Ticket making it clear that it wasn't impossible, just unneeded. Choice of words!

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Just finished W and enjoyed the entire ride. Literally my only real complaint is the arc with movie kid, I could not care at all about his whole absurdly meek shtick and found myself skipping those bits to get to the main plot stuff.

That being said, I'm still scratching my head about Wakana going full antagonist in the final part of the show. She seemed to be actively avoiding the family business, so what is supposed to be the implication that makes her turn on Phillip? She never struck me as someone who would be into the whole Gaia cleric thing.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 9, 2015

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rent-a-Bot posted:

That being said, I'm still scratching my head about Wakana going full antagonist in the final part of the show. She seemed to be actively avoiding the family business, so what is supposed to be the implication that makes her turn on Phillip? She never struck me as someone who would be into the whole Gaia cleric thing.

Weather Dopant guy hosed with her Gaia Driver so her Gaia Memory started messing with her mind. Then he started experimenting on her even more so she was basically just crazy as hell by the end.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The movie maker bits weren't too long and felt like a comic relief thing to sneak in serious plot stuff while your guard's down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Just finished W and enjoyed the entire ride. Literally my only real complaint is the arc with movie kid, I could not care at all about his whole absurdly meek shtick and found myself skipping those bits to get to the main plot stuff.

Remember that Gaia Memories gently caress you up by default. Then Weather further hosed with her Gaia Memory. She was barely holding it together and was planning to ditch with Philip when she found out that he was her brother. So she basically found out her one chance to escape her family was... still her family. That was all she needed to go Full Batshit.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Remember that Gaia Memories gently caress you up by default. Then Weather further hosed with her Gaia Memory. She was barely holding it together and was planning to ditch with Philip when she found out that he was her brother. So she basically found out her one chance to escape her family was... still her family. That was all she needed to go Full Batshit.

While I still think that plot point was bologna, this is an okay interpretation. I mean, not the belt stuff since that is literally stated and shown on screen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All this W talk reminded me that the guy who played Weather is dead. :smith:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Now I want to rewatch W. The whole cast was so wonderful. Weather, Nazca, Claydoll, Joker, Fang, Terror, Accel--

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Potsticker posted:

Now I want to rewatch W. The whole cast was so wonderful. Weather, Nazca, Claydoll, Joker, Fang, Terror, Accel--

TABOO

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

People like Taboo? I mean, before she becomes Nazca Mk. 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Potsticker posted:

People like Taboo? I mean, before she becomes Nazca Mk. 2.

Taboo owns, yes.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Taboo owns, yes.

Fair enough!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Medic is definitely #3 in the Ultimate Roidmude group unless something unforeseen happen while 006 has finally shown his true purpose: getting jobbed and being used by Banno rather than being his own special Roidmude.

Also, first glimpse at Ghost in one of the trailers for the movie

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Haha 006 getting wrecked before he could reveal his true form was incredible.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

NotALizardman posted:

Haha 006 getting wrecked before he could reveal his true form was incredible.

I was going to call it a misplay on the parts of the writers because I was super hyped to see what he really looked like, especially once he was like 'my power is the same as Heart's' but then I realized that no it's loving amazing and that was worth every second of build up. At this point I think Banno might have killed almost as many Roidmudes as Shinnosuke. Definitely more then Chase or Go but nowhere near Medic's insane kill count. I still want a toy or something to reveal 006's real form. I imagine it could be some kind of Chinese Martial Arts inspired one.

Watching Heart literally meteor drop into the scene to try and murder Banno for even trying to touch Medic might have been one of the high points of the series, he just hates him so much it's incredible.

EDIT:

Also this motherfucker in Ninninger was amazing; Apparently you can't spoil Tiny images which is annoying.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 11, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kyuuemon is the only interesting Nininger villain, so I hope she gets to be the final boss instead of blown up before him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stallion Cabana posted:

Watching Heart literally meteor drop into the scene to try and murder Banno for even trying to touch Medic might have been one of the high points of the series, he just hates him so much it's incredible.

Man Heart better live through all of this. So far he's done nothing wrong.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
In the OP this week, it looks like maybe Kiriko does a movie henshin? That would be nice, at least.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Was looking for Kamen Rider specials and came upon the Gaim Gaiden specials featuring Takatora and Kaito since they didn't get that much expansion in the main story as well as their backgrounds including the history of Yggdrasil and featuring new lockseeds (the armor quality is kinda awful though). The first one makes Ryoma look like even more of a dick while jobbing Sid a little. The second one has Kaito's actor act completely silly and it's wonderful.

The next specials will be released in November are for Ryoma and Zack (Knuckle). IMO, I would've preferred Yoko or Oren or even Jonouichi (Guridon/Ornac)

Edit: The subs are by OrangeLion which seems fine enough. The dirtbike sequence seemed utterly unnecessary though.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 12, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I've mentioned this a time or two before, here and there. I am working on getting a comic series started based on Power Rangers, and of course Super Sentai. The title of the book is proposed to be The Lightning Brigade (Or The Lightning Brigade 5, LB5 for short)

I've found an artist who might be up for working on it in two months when his schedule clears, and if he is we'll be attempting to shop it around to various comic companies. It's not a sure thing, as anything could come up, but the artist in question can be found here- http://www.davidfernandezartist.com/ If you look around his work, you'll find he's not shy about doing Sentai/Ranger inspired stuff.

Would you guys care to hear about this project? Tell me how it sounds as the general audience for this kind of thing? If so I'll drop the basics of the plot and some short spoiler free character bios down. If not ah well.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My feedback is that it should be called Lightning Brigade Go!.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

The pun would work better as "The Lightning Brigade Charge!"

You know

Because of Charge of the Light Brigade

(that is the reference to the name)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Nah, "Charge of the Lightning Brigade" is what you call the big climactic arc where everything looks hopeless and they make one last desperate stand before being replaced with next season's Lightning Brigaders.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

Nah, "Charge of the Lightning Brigade" is what you call the big climactic arc where everything looks hopeless and they make one last desperate stand before being replaced with next season's Lightning Brigaders.

I'm just pointing out accuracy notes man.

Trust me this very thought has crossed my mind in some fashion

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

WickedHate posted:

I agree. This is A Good Comic Book Title.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

The pun would work better as "The Lightning Brigade Charge!"
Go means five. :ssh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Go means five. :ssh:

I know what Go means.

If I wanted to work in gratuitous Japanese I'd stick with the original title, Lightning Ronin.

But I came up with that when I was like 13 so gently caress that. Also on a more serious note, it doesn't quite fit the tone of the story and brings to mind a certain cartoon that ends with Go...

EDIT: On the OTHER hand if I could figure out a good T word I could have the best acronym ever almost

Burkion fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 12, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Lightning Brigade, Go Team.

Pay me. :colbert:

Edit: Alternately, you could title the power-up saga "Lightning Brigade Goes Turbo."

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Go Go Five V-5

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
5 Guys Burgers and Fries

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
hoooly poo poo, I just thought of something

Since Ghost is starting in September, that means it will air during the Christmas season, right?

Prediction: Ghost may crib one or all of the Ghosts of Christmas Past/Present/Future from a Christmas Carol as a form or toy or... something :stare:

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
It's October. You can check the website if you want or the toy listings.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

maybeflan posted:

It's October. You can check the website if you want or the toy listings.

:ssh: it doesn't actually matter what month it starts because the shows run year round without any gap between seasons, so it will air during Christmas no matter when it starts.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

AzraelNewtype posted:

:ssh: it doesn't actually matter what month it starts because the shows run year round without any gap between seasons, so it will air during Christmas no matter when it starts.

Sorry, minor nitpick.
It'd be neat if they did something with the Christmas Carol ghosts but wishful thinking and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I found this pretty interesting, since I didn't realize before, but someone on Tumblr pointed out that Ghost may be based on fireflies, and it makes sense.

• Locked thread