Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

That elevator made Games posters have mental breakdowns.

lmao i was one of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

That elevator made Games posters have mental breakdowns.

It hurt my feelings but, I'm glad it exists

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I seriously overrated 5-3 in my tier list...it seems like a cool fight in retrospect but its insanely boring in practice.

5-3 is a really cool concept but its boring as poo poo as a fight. the fetus disease pond that will loving kill you if you even think about going near it is awesome though

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Most of the final world bosses are more like setpieces than real fights, except for old monk and allant. Dragon God sure looked cool but it wasn't exactly a real boss battle.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

5-3 is a really cool concept but its boring as poo poo as a fight. the fetus disease pond that will loving kill you if you even think about going near it is awesome though

i liked the extremely rare loot that was deep in those ponds (purestones) and then the babies would surface and loving murder you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

Yeah. Especially having like no upgraded equipment whatsoever bar the crescent falchion from 4-1 that I grabbed. I think I have to parry/backstab this guy like 40 times. I tried once last night and got him down to 10% health and then accidentally slid off the path during the backstab animation and the swamp killed me and I rage quit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Most of the final world bosses are more like setpieces than real fights, except for old monk and allant. Dragon God sure looked cool but it wasn't exactly a real boss battle.

That dude made me so confused. "Jesus Christ that thing is huge how am I gonna even damage it" and then I was pretty let down by the actual mechanics of it.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah. Especially having like no upgraded equipment whatsoever bar the crescent falchion from 4-1 that I grabbed. I think I have to parry/backstab this guy like 40 times. I tried once last night and got him down to 10% health and then accidentally slid off the path during the backstab animation and the swamp killed me and I rage quit.

pretty sure his armor is some kind of magic resistant? its been awhile

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

pretty sure his armor is some kind of magic resistant? its been awhile

yeah that dude is in full dark silver plate and hes basically magic immune

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Son of a bitch...I'm probably better off using fist.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish there was a secret chalice boss that was "not gehrman" because that fight really owns, especially when he starts pulling anime poo poo in the second phase

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gehrman is SSS tier, a god among godly bosses.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just remembered how angry Tower Knight made me before I honed my gaming chakras and accepted the Souls play style into my heart. Good memories

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

So that the world might be mended...so that the world might be mended.

may thine ........................................................................................................... strength help the world be mended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

may thine ........................................................................................................... strength help the world be mended

Wb. How goes the unarmed run

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

dark souls 1 is beautiful. eat my rear end

QFT . grow a fwiggin clue

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
havnt really done much gaming in the past couple of days so im parked outside of gascgoines boss gate . just getting there was pretty slow though cos you cant skip any enemies since you need blood vials .. im probably going to let myself use an un upgraded blunderbuss for viscerals until i get some strength levels

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Like even the ui looks bad. Bb has spoiled ghe heck outta me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Like even the ui looks bad. Bb has spoiled ghe heck outta me

gently caress off retard

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I really hate all of the colour schemes in Dark Souls 2, they're all so desaturated and usually really bad combinations of colours

Dark Souls 1 isn't the prettiest game in the world but I think that it made real good use of colour

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

So much of Dark Souls 2 is this terrible puke green and grey combo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they definitely touched that up in the scholar release, but it's still pretty bland, especially in dark areas and the entire woods/shaded forest section

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I wonder what the budget of demons was.

There's no public figure but I found an interview where Miyazaki says when the American version was released "175,000 units sold would be considered a great success" so it couldn't have been very high

When they were making bloodborne they expected to sell "around a million units" and they thought that was being generous. Apparently they were very surprised when it broke 2m

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i like it

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Whew. I'm not the pro most of you guys are, but I got my platinum trophy in BB. Now I can't wait for the DLC.

A Good Game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have they actually said theres bb dlc in the works or is it a running joke at this point

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

That's sick

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

have they actually said theres bb dlc in the works or is it a running joke at this point

yoshida tweeted about it in may

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Seshoho Cian posted:

I really hate all of the colour schemes in Dark Souls 2, they're all so desaturated and usually really bad combinations of colours

That and the thousand big cube shaped rooms that really show off how bad repeating textures can look. DS1 did a really good job at hiding most of its "cheap-setness"

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
when is the pc version coming out

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

Dark Souls 1 isn't the prettiest game in the world but I think that it made real good use of colour

yea... i forgive the B team though .. gotta start somwhere .

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
let e just say it again - the dlc is good. it looks good too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Flying Squirrel posted:

Whew. I'm not the pro most of you guys are, but I got my platinum trophy in BB. Now I can't wait for the DLC.

A Good Game.

That's more than I've done. Congrats

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

In Training posted:

That's more than I've done. Congrats

It is all thanks to This Thread for inspiration

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Flying Squirrel posted:

It is all thanks to This Thread for inspiration

The win was with you all along, gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He appears younger than his 40 years, despite the grey pallor of his face – the result, perhaps, of too many days spent under the fluorescent lights of his studio, by a dirty underpass in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. He is clearly admired by his staff, who, one of his team quietly admits, will apparently call him for personal advice while he’s travelling overseas.

After working on the Armored Core robot-combat series, he heard about a game in development elsewhere in the studio. “Demon’s Souls wasn’t doing well,” he says. “The project had problems and the team had been unable to create a compelling prototype. But when I heard it was a fantasy-action role-playing game, I was excited. I figured if I could find a way to take control of the game, I could turn it into anything I wanted. Best of all, if my ideas failed, nobody would care – it was already a failure.”

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

According to that interview he started on bloodborne immediately after the dark souls 1 dlc was released. It seems the dlc bosses were prototypes for what he wanted to do in BB and I think it really shows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he appears younger than 40 because Japanese people stop aging once they hit 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. Just did the second pussiest move in my souls career by loading up a video and watching it while hitting R1 on my Dualshock 3 and turnig back to the screen to see the 5-3 boss defeated.