Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Oh that's bullshit. There's a million good old things. Not everybody has the time to watch everyhting that's more than six months old that they might be interested in before talking to another human being about anime

If you don't want to be casually spoiled on accident about old, very popular media, the burden is on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Baal posted:

It's not a strawman argument, if your argument is not worth putting serious thought into in the first place.

You are arguing against a position that I do not hold as if it is the argument I am putting forth. That's the very definition. Also, given that you've already written more defending your side of the argument than I did on mine, maybe "this isn't worth putting serous thought into" isn't something you can reasonably get behind.

There's around seven hours of material in box 1. Much of it has iconic imagery. Picking any of those things is better than picking an image from the second seven hours of material, especially since you have to sell those too, and this is a perfectly acceptable promotional image to use for it. That art on the first half of the series is the Fantastic Four trailer of promotional art. I cannot believe this is at all a controversial stance.

boom boom boom posted:

How is it a strawman argument? You said that that art was a spoiler.

No. I didn't.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

DamnGlitch posted:

If you don't want to be casually spoiled on accident about old, very popular media, the burden is on you.

lmao if you think Mobile Suit Gundam counts as "very popular media" in the English speaking world

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That pic is only a spoiler if you know the context behind it so uh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AzraelNewtype posted:

No. I didn't.

AzraelNewtype posted:

You caught me, I'm worried about spoilers, because I am entirely new to the franchise. It's not that it's just inappropriate, it's that they're spoiling things.

Word your lovely snarkiness better next time then, because believe it or not, you are very bad at it and it might not cause a misunderstanding that leads to people... misunderstanding what you're actually saying.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AzraelNewtype posted:

No. I didn't.

AzraelNewtype posted:

You caught me, I'm worried about spoilers, because I am entirely new to the franchise. It's not that it's just inappropriate, it's that they're spoiling things.

DamnGlitch posted:

By "very popular media" you mean the series that was shown once, more than ten years ago, at midnight, on cable, and had ratings so bad they didn't even finish airing it?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I mean it's a little like showing season 2 characters on the box for season 1. The art is nice though

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm happy they're using the Japanese blu-ray art, because it means they might use this as the cover for their Victory Gundam release

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Holy gently caress, you actually believed for a second a big enough dork to have "Newtype" in his handle might have been earnest about being entirely new to the franchise?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

AzraelNewtype posted:

lmao if you think Mobile Suit Gundam counts as "very popular media" in the English speaking world

Of course not. We are, however, in a thread about Gundam

boom boom boom posted:

By "very popular media" you mean the series that was shown once, more than ten years ago, at midnight, on cable, and had ratings so bad they didn't even finish airing it?

???????????

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AzraelNewtype posted:

Holy gently caress, you actually believed for a second a big enough dork to have "Newtype" in his handle might have been earnest about being entirely new to the franchise?

That's not what I'm saying. Your latter sentence made it sound like you were implying new people would actually be spoiled and now that you're saying that's not your stance it made me realized the latter part was supposed to be a bad attempt at sarcasm. In fact, I directly acknowledged that you've seen the series and it's the only time I referred to you specifically in anything I said.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DamnGlitch posted:

???????????

That's how Gundam was shown in America

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean MSG is very popular media, just not to regular people.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Since it wasn't mentioned, along with the first half of MSG going up, RightStuf has the Turn A movies up for preorder, shipping the same day as MSG part 1, which in practice means they are liable to ship anytime between September and the listed street date if Turn A's DVD's were any indication.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Turn-A-Gundam-Movies-DVD

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this looks incredibly bad and i don't want it on my bluray set

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AzraelNewtype posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I thought his issue was that it was a cool picture of something that directly references a scene later part of the series when it would be more appropriate to have art of the episodes the set actually includes.

Which is a minor nitpick and not really worth getting into a pagelong argument over. On either side.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thank you AzraelNewtype for demonstrating exactly the kind of whining about spoilers I said I didn't want in the new forum rules.

This thread is temporarily locked to give you guys some time to think about what you could be talking about instead of whining about boxart.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thread is saved, let's talk about how cool the exia repair is

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Play nice now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Let's talk about how cool this drawing is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, that a really niSAMPLEce piece of artwork.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish I could find this one flash(?) video that was literally just the first Gundam X op but with the GX replaced by a Guntank wearing its backpack.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Let's talk about how cool this drawing is

Doesn't have the battleship peeling out on someone's head, no sale. :colbert:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Have they put up an Amazon preorder link for the Blu-Rays of 0079 yet?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Victory Gundam is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INA1j4S9wSU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Oh god

The name Jinn Gehenam will become a legend!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

boom boom boom posted:

Oh god

The name Jinn Gehenam will become a legend!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And it did!

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Jahannam

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Victory Gundam is good. It has some really rough stuff like Tomino being weird as gently caress about women in it but broadly it's a good show.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
V Gundam has an interesting relationship with its toyetic mecha designs, blame Bandai's acquisition of Sunrise in 92 for that I suppose.

I like that scene in episode 50 since it's cathartic for UC as a whole. A bunch of adults finally take responsibility and step aside so as to entrust the future to the young. How's that for an ending to a Tomino show?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
that's upsetting

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh god it is like a serial killers bathroom aisle.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Man, am I the original Gundam characters or the Federal Forces in general? Kinda ontological there, bathroom cleaning fluid ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For the love of God, Japan, let him die.

• Locked thread