Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WugLyfe posted:

ESPN never got back to me about using their partnership with Disney to have :stat: and :wal: call games.

The closest we ever got to this was 4 years ago when Ohio State and Michigan State had one of the saddest games of the season and Matt Millen and Sean McDonough were actively making GBS threads on it the whole time. It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If nothing else that game brought us this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

If nothing else that game brought us this.

Oh poo poo that's right. That did own.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@SI_PeterKing: Spun yarns about Ron Wolf tonight to Milwaukee Tweetup folk. They loved ‘em. One guy said, “Pete, you’re preaching to the converted."

lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
"Pete, you're a big retard. Lmao"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Pete, we saw Favre's dick too. You can stop describing it in detail."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
mike silva sucks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

mike silva sucks

Holy poo poo, you didn't edit that?

I mean, "garbage hip hop loser" isn't exactly subtle code for "black". This guy is a full-on racist.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
hip hop qb is about a subtle as calling him boy

midwat
May 6, 2007

I'm sick of all these dubstep loser wide receivers, dropping the ball like it was the bass

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hip hop loser QB? Damon Dash gets his chance at redemption

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TubeStank posted:

mike silva sucks

PFT Commenter is Real

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
For real though, who is Mike Silva. This is the first time I have heard of him and for some reason people are paying attention to him like he is a regular on Around the Horn or something,

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

For real though, who is Mike Silva. This is the first time I have heard of him and for some reason people are paying attention to him like he is a regular on Around the Horn or something,

I remember some of the Jay Z stuff someone posted (I'd imagine I remember it from Deadspin or somewhere like that), but I've never heard of him other than that.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He's a nobody now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

WugLyfe posted:

He's a nobody now.

I think he always was.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Man, the follow-up tweets and soft-backpedaling are pretty amazing

This is my favorite:

quote:

By the way.... I am racist but Roc Nation seems to have something missing in its sports clientele. Wonder what that is???

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Watching people poo poo themselves in realtime on twitter- celebrities, companies or normal people- will never be not funny

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

This is awesome. There used to be a clip on Youtube from one of the Super Bowl documentaries that was just called "Raiders football" and it was all about how deliciously evil they were

"I think half our team was on work-release just to play." RIP Kenny

Nov 6, 2002

Mike Florio.

quote:

Throughout much of the #DeflateGate controversy, Patriots fans have pointed to connections between the Jets and the league office to explain both the leak of false PSI information to ESPN and the fire-aim-ready approach to an “independent” investigation aimed not at getting to the truth but at getting to a conclusion that the Patriots cheated.

But there’s a connection between the team who made the complaint regarding deflated balls and the league office hiding in plain site at the team’s website. It’s a connection that is gratuitously touted in the biography of Colts Vice President of Football Operations Jimmy Raye III.

Here’s the last line of the bio: “Raye’s father, Jimmy Raye II, played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 1969 and is currently a senior advisor to Troy Vincent who is the executive vice president of football operations for the NFL.”

Apart from the fact that it makes little sense to tout the credentials of Jimmy Raye III by pointing out that his father serves as a senior adviser to Troy Vincent, the fact remains that the father of the Colts Vice President of Football Operations serves as a senior adviser to the NFL’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations. It’s unknown whether the father of the Colts Vice President of Football Operations provided any actual advice to the NFL’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations regarding the #DeflateGate scandal, but it would make sense for Vincent, who hasn’t held the job for very long, to seek advice from someone regarding the best way to handle an unprecedented controversy regarding the inflation of footballs.

And if he needed any advice, wouldn’t he look to his senior advisor?

On one hand, I realize that plenty of cross pollination happens between the league office and its various team, given that the expertise necessary to operate the league will in large part come from folks who have successfully operated teams. But this approach will lead to a stew of conflicting interests that can manifest themselves in all sorts of ways.

Most potential conflicts of interest aren’t readily known by the public. Amazingly, nearly seven months after the AFC title game, the Colts continue to openly acknowledge the existence of a clear link — and potential conflict of interest — between their front office and the league office.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

"In plain site"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

NC-17 posted:

Mike Florio.

"On one hand, I realize that plenty of cross pollination happens between the league office and its various team, given that the expertise necessary to operate the league will in large part come from folks who have successfully operated teams. But this approach will lead to a stew of conflicting interests that can manifest themselves in all sorts of ways."

I like how he tries to handwave away the fact that the majority of front office personnel have served multiple teams, including division rivals and not only is rarely an issue, when it comes up it's not through 15 back channel relationships. Front offices aren't like fans; they don't hold animosity towards each other because of the name on their paycheck.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Mike Florio has actually been pretty good going at the conflicts of interest between the NFL and Ted Wells. He is probably the most aggressive and persistent of all the "big name" reporters on the issue.

(unless you count angry Bill Simmons tweets)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Lets see what the commentators have to say about the Harrison trophy thing...

https://twitter.com/antsstamp10/status/633414060818714624

:stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Lets see what the commentators have to say about the Harrison trophy thing...

https://twitter.com/antsstamp10/status/633414060818714624

:stare:

hahahaha goddamn

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Pro Football Talk is a professional football news source so you know all the tweets will be reasonable

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/634070778342998016

Nov 6, 2002

Just trying to promote some intelligent discourse on the internet is all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Febreeze posted:

Pro Football Talk is a professional football news source so you know all the tweets will be reasonable

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/634070778342998016

Just havin some fun with current events then you have to go all pc polices on us smdh

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

aaaand deleted hahaha

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/634073793795854336

Come on guys we were just trying to elevate the discourse. If you'd like to join in on the conversation, use the hashtags #jaredrape, #pedojared or #vino

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 20, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

GNU Order posted:

aaaand deleted hahaha

I'm in the wrong loving profession

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it wasn't a joke about child rape

it was a joke about prison rape

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

it wasn't a joke about child rape

it was a joke about prison rape

Huuuuurrrrrrr my footlong:downswords:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mike florio: a Spicy Italian.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Huuuuurrrrrrr my footlong:downswords:

more like six inch

i think that's 100% of the jokes

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

Mike florio: a Spicy Italian.

Would not mind someone giving Florio the ol' spicy keychain

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

WugLyfe posted:

Would not mind someone giving Florio the ol' spicy keychain

pro ref

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sash! posted:

more like six inch

i think that's 100% of the jokes

He will get sentenced to 12 years but only get 11

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He will get sentenced to 12 years but only get 11

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache