Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
does anyone have a screencap of Rey's creepy smiling face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Spermgod posted:

does anyone have a screencap of Rey's creepy smiling face

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
mfw triplemania

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I had a mask like that in elementary school when i was a warlock for halloween

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Taking a page out of KANES book. Rey has embraced the hate!

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Sweet Christmas! Rey looks like a pederast, b-tier Power Rangers villain.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Is Rey the exception with wrestlers continuing to work despite having wrecked bodies? I know he's had tons of work on his knees (and who knows what other joints) and I'm legit surprised he can move at this point, especially after seeing the stuff he did in WWE/WCW. Maybe it's a lot of exaggeration but it definitely seems like it's time for him to retire while he can still move comfortably.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ozz81 posted:

Is Rey the exception with wrestlers continuing to work despite having wrecked bodies? I know he's had tons of work on his knees (and who knows what other joints) and I'm legit surprised he can move at this point, especially after seeing the stuff he did in WWE/WCW.

He claims that the time off the WWE grind has helped him heal immensely, and I can believe that. He wasn't Ricochet out there or anything but he still looked pretty good.

e: wait, you mean the exception in that you're asserting that most wrestlers don't work hurt? Because, uh

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Elijah Woods is already regretting playing in a low-budget sequel to Sin City.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
one of the many big butt gravure idols i follow on twitter was on some variety show i guess and kenta kobashi was on there

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Also Bobby "Lost an MMA fight to Bob Sapp" Ologun, although that's more understandable because he's famous for being on variety shows I think.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm just amazed they got Malia on there and how much she has changed since the inauguration.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Boco_T posted:

Also Bobby "Lost an MMA fight to Bob Sapp" Ologun, although that's more understandable because he's famous for being on variety shows I think.

Are there any black Japanese celebrities who are famous for something other than being oversized yet silly/non-threatening?

I used to think it was a niche occupied solely by Bob Sapp, but he's apparently not alone.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Japan is very fascinated with the exotic negro.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

HerraS posted:

Japan is very fascinated with the exotic negro.

The book 'Little Black Sambo' had a comeback there in the mid 2000s. I'll let people look up that book themselves.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Then of course there are the tales of a black man teaching english in Japan having to dodge 12 year olds trying to grab his dick constantly.

quote:

You know what’s kind of funny though? Some kids can’t yet say “Good morning” but drat near all of them can ask if I have a big dick. Or “bigu dikku” in Engrish.

You see, Japan’s an island no bigger than California, and information about the rest of the world is filtered. There are so few foreigners here, their only impressions of things outside Japan are from the media. And to be honest, they don’t really give a drat about anything other than America. So try to imagine a country where the national perception of you is created by American movies, music, and MTV. When you stop crying and shaking at the sheer horror of that thought, I’ll be here waiting.

Okay? OK. The whole “black men have big dicks” stereotype stretches far and wide, even to the nation’s 12-year-olds. Part of why I’m here is not just to kind-of-sort-of help teach English, but to “broaden cultural perceptions.” Break stereotypes, challenge preconceived notions, all that jazz. That’s fine, but this is one stereotype I think I’m gonna let slide.

Still, I am asked “bigu dikku?” a lot. Every 2-3 days in fact, which is amazing considering I was asked this about 2-3 times in my entire life in America, locker room jokes aside. How do you answer that anyway? To a 12 to 15-year-old? I wave them off and say, “No, no, no.” Then they say, “Oh, sumaru dikku?” (trans: small dick) and of course that’s wrong so I have to correct them. It’s just a no-win situation.

On the days I’m not avoiding that question, I’m avoiding them actually trying to grab it. I kid you not, I have to play Dodgedick with Japanese Jr. High kids on a weekly basis. Age, gender, doesn’t matter, they all want a stab at it. The boys are more persistent though. I had one boy grab for it, and when I said, “No!” he put his hands together and said, in English, “Please!” Oh hell no. Another 12-year-old boy kept grabbing at it, and when I told him, “No!” he politely asked, “Why not?” I began to wonder if there wasn’t some cultural more I didn’t understand. So I said clearly, “Age 10 years and become female since birth, then we’ll talk.” His solution was to ask the girl sitting next to him to trade seats, grab my dick, and tell him about it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Japan must be collectively losing its mind over Batista.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

HerraS posted:

Then of course there are the tales of a black man teaching english in Japan having to dodge 12 year olds trying to grab his dick constantly.

Do you have a link/source for this? I'm morbidly curious about the racially horrifying adventures of a black man in Japan.

Now, much as I enjoy discussion of Japan's affection for black cocks, have some content:

That's Scott Steiner circa August 1, 2015. Like many former greats of the squared circle, Steiner has decided to forego aging as a normal human in favor of melting like a vascular candle.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

ecavalli posted:

Do you have a link/source for this? I'm morbidly curious about the racially horrifying adventures of a black man in Japan.

It's from gaijinchronicles.com. My favourite bit is the teacher who the dude is assisting swearing like crazy during conversations because she learned english by watching South Park.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HerraS posted:

If you don't have a "bigu dicku". just pick up your "Black Man" underwear at your nearest Don Quixote. (NSFW but no nudity)

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

If you don't have a "bigu dicku". just pick up your "Black Man" underwear at your nearest Don Quixote. (NSFW but no nudity)

I understand "Fighter" and "Cool Down," but "Poison?"

Oh Japan, your repressed notions of human sexuality are simultaneously terrifying and confusingly alluring.

(Note: I do not understand "Fighter" and "Cool Down" either.)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the simpsons vs minions blood feud continues

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really want to see that Simpsons vs. Minions match.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Shane O keeping it real

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ecavalli posted:

That's Scott Steiner circa August 1, 2015. Like many former greats of the squared circle, Steiner has decided to forego aging as a normal human in favor of melting like a vascular candle.

RIP The Peaks
1992 - 2015
They Were Not Normal

When they hold the service it is my hope that HHH will oversee the burial

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Now he just needs a curly mustache and a spherical barbell and he can be a barrel-chested 1920s strongman. Or join the Vaudevillains, whichever.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

titties posted:

RIP The Peaks
1992 - 2015
They Were Not Normal

When they hold the service it is my hope that HHH will oversee the burial

HOLLA IF YOU...grieve with me....

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Kevin Nash is awesome. (We all knew this, but this is just more evidence)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That pic seriously needs to be on the wall in bad movies worse wrestling

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That pic seriously needs to be on THE WALL, BROTHER in bad movies worse wrestling

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That pic seriously needs to be on the wall in bad movies worse wrestling

Are you insane? Secret of the Ooze was amazing.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Agreed.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I saw that movie hosed up on Grey Goose. It was pretty good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Vanilla Ice did a rap.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

CombineThresher posted:

My only gripe was replacing Corey Feldman as Donatello's voice. Something about him in the original fit so well character and voice-wise (not that the new actor was bad, it was just jarring as a kid hearing the difference)

ecavalli posted:

'
Dude looks like a 200 pound pile of Silly Putty left out in the summer heat for a week :barf:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HerraS posted:

Who knew 2 Cold Scorpio became an English teacher?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Who knew 2 Cold Scorpio became an English teacher?

I hope you cleared this joke with legal, what if he sues!?! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jerusalem posted:

I hope you cleared this joke with legal, what if he sues!?! :ohdear:

am I missing something