Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

No.

You got the Vengeance Counter high enough.

I am very excited to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir posted:

Yea. I can also bum rush up to 713 to be in position to kick a cappie in the back if they try that.
Wouldn't the Thunder be a problem if you move there?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'll have a good move mod, so it would need an 8 with MPLs and 10 with AC20 to hit me. So it's a risk, but The Merry Marauder was right in a big way- There was a third shoe that dropped and hooo boy is it a big one!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ardlen posted:

Wouldn't the Thunder be a problem if you move there?

Getting the enemy to split their fire would actually be preferable. Right now the nightstar is going to get ROCKED for a turn.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's in the rules back in the OP, right?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm thinking War Dog and Maelstrom get within ECM range so we can drop ghost targets on the nightstar to hopefully make merry marauders situation less.....dire.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
What about backing up to 1107? That puts him out of LOS of both mechs and lets him focus on the Thunder with everyone else?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Can't back up hills. Also, it would take twice my MP or so to get there in any event.

My situation is not a surprise to me, so I'm not worried. That came three updates ago when the Jinggau start jumping north. This was inevitable.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Oh your on a -1. Missed that. Ouch

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Orders are in. Going north to deal with the panther. I got ghost targets on the merry marauder. Make them loving pay for getting in your poo poo.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
A shame the Lightray bought it cause that mech is absurdly powerful and would have decimated the Cappies by itself.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Can someone point to me in the update where it mentions the Liao insignia on the dropship? I read it over a few times and I don't see anything to indicate that it's Capellan. Are we just making assumptions?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The sprite.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Viva Miriya posted:

Orders are in. Going north to deal with the panther. I got ghost targets on the merry marauder. Make them loving pay for getting in your poo poo.

Yess I run to 713 and ghost target the Nightstar, you can get to 1514 and do the same, we got a chance!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I took a minute to check the unions stats. Heavily armored for its weight (18 capital scale points of armor... which I think just translates to 180 normal, on the fore and sides, 10 cap or 100 on the aft and 11 capital structure for 110 structure points.) , heavily armed for its weight (6 lrm 20s, 6 ac 5s 6 large lasers 3 ppcs and 12 medium lasers.), can move 12 mechs and 2 aerospace fighters...

Yeah up to 12 mechs coming at you, I suggest considering your evac.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It could be worse. From above, the Overlord has almost an identical profile and it carries 36.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

Can someone point to me in the update where it mentions the Liao insignia on the dropship? I read it over a few times and I don't see anything to indicate that it's Capellan. Are we just making assumptions?

It's on the map itself, not mentioned. The dropship's icon has the Liao emblem on it.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope that Dropship captain is a good enough to slowly chase Goonlace around the map while trying to melt them with his engines.

Also, unless this is a new Capellan force I'm not aware of, I'm gonna have to put my money on it being the WoB. Stark white/black and white paint scheme is a dead giveaway.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

PBJ posted:

Goonlace

:gooncamp:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

So yo: unless these are some topflight special forces type nerds, they aren't going to be assault dropping out of a dropship. They gotta find a LZ and set down in the area. We still got time to make good Carlos's escape.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Planning on moving the Cerebus to 1015. That'll give me partial cover to keep my leg intact and block LoS from anything emerging from the DropShip.

My suspicion, however, is that the new arrivals may end up being good news. I don't have the firmest factual basis for that suspicion, but nevertheless, I don't think PTN is going to pile another 12 enemy 'Mechs on us; it doesn't seem his style.

e: 0812 is another possibility, for maximum 'okay, gently caress you Thunder,' but I don't want to pull out too far because in theory Carlos is getting back in his car sometime soon.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Planning on moving the Cerebus to 1015. That'll give me partial cover to keep my leg intact and block LoS from anything emerging from the DropShip.

My suspicion, however, is that the new arrivals may end up being good news. I don't have the firmest factual basis for that suspicion, but nevertheless, I don't think PTN is going to pile another 12 enemy 'Mechs on us; it doesn't seem his style.

I mean he could: in which case we enjoy a glorious last stand. Lets make sure either way the last of these capellans are down before these guys are a factor, for better or worse.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Hooray, a maybe-ROM kill squad is here to... save... us!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gwaihir posted:

It's got a Liao insignia on the side. That's not good!

Crap, I was rereading the fluff part of this update to see where the Liao emblem was mentioned, and my eyes just slipped over where the dropship appeared in the enemy movement image. Yeah, this isn't a good thing, though the stark white paintjob of the Shadow Hawk leaning out makes me think it might be Comguard instead.

Still, capping that Comguard mech like that and then sniping the HPG dish? It was the two Capellan corporal equivalents who did the deed, though they were likely order to do so by the Lieutenant equivalent in the Sha Yu before its leg was blown off. This is going to be really tough for the CapCon to spin, assuming news gets out to ComStar in any appreciable amount of time, what with the HPG damaged like that now... Unless that was all part of the plan :tinfoil:...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 23, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yeah if CapCon wants to avoid pissing off Comguard they gotta leave zero survivors. They want to avoid pissing off Comguard.

This is going to hell in a handbasket and it is awesome. Good luck, goonlance! Hopefully you guys can keep working together on a plan!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Someone save a BattleROM or whatever it's called of this!

Edit: Also, calling it now, the guys firing on ComStar are sleeper agents by an unknown force in a nice twist on how Capellans at one point made it seem like one of their enemies broke a ceasefire.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 13, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

evilmiera posted:

Edit: Also, calling it now, the guys firing on ComStar are sleeper agents by an unknown force in a nice twist on how Capellans at one point made it seem like one of their enemies broke a ceasefire.

It wouldn't shock me if this was all some kind of long-play Xanatos Gambit by ComStar, honestly. A sabotaged flight computer that sends Carlos' ship to this planet, a rational expectation that when Carlos learns how under-garrisoned this world is he'd try and get a message to the FWL, a couple of Liao Mechwarriors who've been manipulated into taking shots at ComStar equipment - add all ingredients, mix well, and poof! You have a recipe for the FWL to send lots and lots of troops to this place... troops that won't be fighting the NRWR, who are hand-in-glove right now with ComStar. Also a precipitous stage on which to debut the Word of Blake, possibly...

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It wouldn't shock me if this was all some kind of long-play Xanatos Gambit by ComStar, honestly. A sabotaged flight computer that sends Carlos' ship to this planet, a rational expectation that when Carlos learns how under-garrisoned this world is he'd try and get a message to the FWL, a couple of Liao Mechwarriors who've been manipulated into taking shots at ComStar equipment - add all ingredients, mix well, and poof! You have a recipe for the FWL to send lots and lots of troops to this place... troops that won't be fighting the NRWR, who are hand-in-glove right now with ComStar. Also a precipitous stage on which to debut the Word of Blake, possibly...

IIRC the Master is effectively in charge of ComStar itself, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Word of Blake really are involved. It all boils down to how much the left hand knows about what the right hand is doing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey is it possible to pick up my shot off arm as a club before I start moving?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I guess the white scheme on the shadowhawk means this can't be the death commandos, here on special assignment to super-murder Carlos. Which would have been awesome.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Maybe alt-Blakists are all decent and progressive humans who genuinely want the best for the Inner I can't finish this sentence.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Viva Miriya posted:

Hey is it possible to pick up my shot off arm as a club before I start moving?

You need two hands to use a club, but you should pick up the arm anyway so the DropShips can try to reattach it. The actuators are all pretty fine, at least. :pseudo:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

You need two hands to use a club, but you should pick up the arm anyway so the DropShips can try to reattach it. The actuators are all pretty fine, at least. :pseudo:

Can I pick it up as I'm moving and doing my previously declared actions? Or do I have to devote an action for that?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Viva Miriya posted:

Can I pick it up as I'm moving and doing my previously declared actions? Or do I have to devote an action for that?

Eh, why not, but I'll attach a piloting test to it. Fail and you could trip (with a bonus to the roll since that's unlikely).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PoptartsNinja posted:

Eh, why not, but I'll attach a piloting test to it. Fail and you could trip (with a bonus to the roll since that's unlikely).

As an aside, this is the absolute best philosophy to have when GMing. Letting the players do cool stuff on the fly even when the rules don't 100% support it is something a lot of GMs miss, and it's been great to see in Poptarts' game. Keep up the good work!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Cool I'll adjust said orders.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The remaining Comstar guy isn't scared because he's outgunned, he's scared because he knows that the Grand Titan is actually just a huge fusion bomb and this city has been forfeit.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Carlos is going to get in the Grand Titan and wreck stuff. Alternately it's a big old red herring and will spend the entirety of the mission sitting on its 400XL rear end.

Also I just noticed that the Dropship's movement line is black, unlike the white ones for the Capellan units. It may have arrived/moved during the enemy phase, but it might not be on their side.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

:stare: poo poo just got real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The dropship was actually stolen by pirates, and the first mech deployed from it will be a charger delivering an elbow drop.

• Locked thread