Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Screen capping text message for a situation like this seems a bit excessive right? I mean you already have the text messages to prove it. I mean this didn't happen anyway so i shouldn't be worrying about it but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But think of all the reddit karma dude.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'Now if that was a man creeping on a woman, people would have believed her'

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I feel like there is a consistent pattern with the STDH type stories. Either the narrator is way more brave or bold than he likely would be, is incredibly sarcastic and/or witty, everything gets exaggerated tenfold, etc. Did I miss anything?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Panfilo posted:

I feel like there is a consistent pattern with the STDH type stories. Either the narrator is way more brave or bold than he likely would be, is incredibly sarcastic and/or witty, everything gets exaggerated tenfold, etc. Did I miss anything?

Just so happens to confirm what the author and audience believes knows to be true.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Panfilo posted:

If you don't also include a teacher/mentor/manager/random stranger who also happens to be a Dr. Who fan or a brony, you're doing it wrong.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Panfilo posted:

Elder futhark runes :smith:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Just so you're aware, my wife lets me sex her in every way every hour. Not that you need to be. Just thought you should know.

To clarify I mean the nasty stuff too.

Also I an sending this to the police and to our hr department.

Fingerless Gloves has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Aug 13, 2015

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/11/woman-slut-shamed-tube-by-man-commuter-defends-her_n_7970032.html

Sick of seeing this posted everywhere on Facebook too. Of course a sassy old woman burned that 50 year old dude to the ground. This would be plausible if anyone ever talked to anyone else on the tube, ever.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Goldskull posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/11/woman-slut-shamed-tube-by-man-commuter-defends-her_n_7970032.html

Sick of seeing this posted everywhere on Facebook too. Of course a sassy old woman burned that 50 year old dude to the ground. This would be plausible if anyone ever talked to anyone else on the tube, ever.

I do like how long the author spent mocking the old woman's aged features, before dropping the moral that you shouldn't judge people on appearance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Goldskull posted:

Too bad the old man couldn't hear a bloody word of that. But his possible response would be 'piss off, you dim old twat, I wasn't talking to you'.

Well said.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Goldskull posted:

STDH 1: someone spoke to another human on the commuter tube for any reason short of being on fire and needing someone to piss on them.
STDH 2: someone intervened in someone else's argument on the tube instead of staring at their phone and pretending it wasn't happening, just as God intended us to.
STDH 3: someone in London wasn't a massive tool for five seconds.
STDH 4: someone in London was insulted in public and didn't immediately start screaming obscenities and threats of physical violence back.
STDH 5: old lady defended her instead of joining in with the abuse.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

BEEP BOOP SPOUSE UNITS

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

I've never referred to my wife as "wife" and she's never referred to me as "husband". I don't get that poo poo. It smacks of "Ahh my nerdy waifu is a le gamer!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CuteJen96 posted:

It smacks of "Ahh my nerdy waifu Derpina is a le gamer!"

FTFY.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CuteJen96 posted:

I've never referred to my wife as "wife" and she's never referred to me as "husband". I don't get that poo poo. It smacks of "Ahh my nerdy waifu is a le gamer!"

I've met a few people that have done that but in a goofy playful way. Like "Hello, husband!" or the like. It isn't entirely out of the question.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don't actually know my wife's name

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Not Always Right And Returns For A Fight
Sandwich Shop | Los Angeles, CA, USA | Crazy Requests, Technology

(It’s relatively normal evening when an irate woman stomps up to the counter and slams a piece of paper down in front of my coworker.)

Lady: “I DEMAND to know who wrote this!”

(My coworker is taken aback but looks at the paper the woman has put on the counter.)

Coworker: “…Um.”

Lady: “WELL?!”

Coworker: “I’m, uh, sorry, but there’s no real way to know—”

Lady: “It SAYS it was written down in a shop like this! And this is EXACTLY how my argument was with one of your associates, VERBATIM!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry that you’re upset—”

Lady: “Upset!? I’m a LITTLE more than just f****** UPSET! This makes it seem like I’m in the wrong! I WAS NOT WRONG!! And I DEMAND to know who is responsible for this! I knew you were all unprofessional but this is ridiculous!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry you feel this way but I really don’t know how to help you. It says that this took place in California but I would have no idea who wrote this. I could ask around and tell my manager about this—”

Lady: “Yeah, you DO that. And I want whoever is responsible to remove this from the Internet. I am not in the wrong!”

Coworker: “I’m sure that—”

Lady: “I AM NOT IN THE WRONG!”

(She left with a huff and I went over to my coworker to see what the heck that was all about. Turns out the lady had actually printed out a screenshot of a story featured on Not Always Right! The lady returned an hour or two later asking for the paper back, as she realized she had gone to the wrong [Sandwich Shop] where she had had an explosion apparently similar to what the story entailed. She left without an apology or even a simple “thank you” but at least she indirectly helped us to find this website! And to the other [Sandwich Shop] workers within the area: be warned for the crazy lady with a piece of paper blaming her for having been in the wrong.)

VERBATIM!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Minarchist posted:

BEEP BOOP SPOUSE UNITS

If it's one hit kills then he's going to end up doing dinner because she already has the element of surprise. Getting rolled by his wife here.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

I don't actually know my wife's name

I can't pronounce mine's, I just call her comrade

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Zelder posted:

If it's one hit kills then he's going to end up doing dinner because she already has the element of surprise. Getting rolled by his wife here.

loving lawncampers :argh:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

ElGroucho posted:

I can't pronounce mine's, I just call her comrade

Maybe it's like her username, [NECKBEARD]Wife

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The most annoying person I ever knew referred to her boyfriend as Boyfriend, her best friend as BFF, and, worst of all for some reason, her brother as Big Brother. Not a "my" in sight, and this was in actual, IRL conversation.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I've met a few people that have done that but in a goofy playful way. Like "Hello, husband!" or the like. It isn't entirely out of the question.

I can't read it without hearing LaBarbara's voice.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

As a Millennial I posted:

Here in NYC you'll sometimes get these jesus preachers on the trains, yelling at a bunch of strangers who are just trying to get to work. Captive audience and all that. Anyway a few times I have publicly shamed these annoying fuckers off the train usually with people thanking me and/or clapping.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Crow Jane posted:

The most annoying person I ever knew referred to her boyfriend as Boyfriend, her best friend as BFF, and, worst of all for some reason, her brother as Big Brother. Not a "my" in sight, and this was in actual, IRL conversation.

could've been worse, it could've been "oniichan"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Soricidus posted:

could've been worse, it could've been "oniichan"

Not saying that wouldn't be terrible, but this girl said "Goddess bless you!" if you sneezed, wore a fedora, ended every sentence with "...soooo...", thought being from Cincinnati made her interesting, and NEVER EVER SHUT UP.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Vulpes posted:

I can't read it without hearing LaBarbara's voice.

That's pretty much what my husband and I do, but we've got all sorts of goofy dumb nicknames for each other that we don't use in public because people would look at us funny. It's definitely Hermes-and-LaBarbara inspired for us.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

This has literally never happened in the history of NYC. The few times I have seen people yell at preachers they came off as lunatics themselves, right down to just repeatedly shouting a single phrase. Something like "NO ONE CARES! NO ONE CARES!" or something equally not clever or cool. New Yorkers know that subway preachers are just a part of the subway experience, like mosquitos during camping. You just put up with it until one of you gets off the train, then you forget about it because literally no one cares except other crazy people.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I took a bunch of Chick tracts from the people who set up the stand under the tunnel that connects Times Square and the Port Authority this Easter. The guy manning the stand got really excited and said, "Keep the faith!" I'm an atheist and felt kind of bad. :saddowns:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Joke's on you Wife, i don't know how to cook because i rely on you for that like a real married couple, i guess we're getting pizza tonight :smug:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Joke's on you Wife, i don't know how to cook because i rely on you for that like a real married couple, i guess we're getting pizza tonight :smug:

And then I get to sex you in the butt while I play XBoxOne!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Clochette posted:

I took a bunch of Chick tracts from the people who set up the stand under the tunnel that connects Times Square and the Port Authority this Easter. The guy manning the stand got really excited and said, "Keep the faith!" I'm an atheist and felt kind of bad. :saddowns:

Did you marry him?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tunicate posted:

VERBATIM!

I love the NAR self-referential stories. It's STDH all the way down

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Clochette posted:

I wish I could get chick tracts over here :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fathis Munk posted:

I wish I could get chick tracts over here :(

i used to work in a factory in CT and there was someone who would always leave a few in the bathroom

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i used to work in a factory in CT and there was someone who would always leave a few in the bathroom
Sounds like a waste, surely they're not very absorbent.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sounds like a waste, surely they're not very absorbent.

they'd usually end up pissed on in the urinal

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That was shared last page, though in the form of a huffpo article about said "fact"

• Locked thread