Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
just lol if you don't use legacy combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

ah excellent the combat style that makes combat less interactive, slower, weaker and more monotonous. yes i'll use this. :mrgw:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
If legacy wasn't slow as gently caress I would use it for slayer TBH

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
What about momentum?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Read posted:

That makes the total requirements something like...

125 Kudos
75 Construction
75 Dungeoneering
75 Mining
75 Summoning
76 Slayer
79 Magic
80 Agility
80 Crafting
80 Divination
80 Herblore
80 Prayer
80 Woodcutting

So get leveling!

pff, amateurs, I'm already there :smug:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
OSRS people will never stop being hilarious. I had someone arguing that setting up your dude to splash/NMZ for 6h and then going to sleep for free xp is harder than combat training in the main game. Splashing/NMZ is "harder" while actually killing things is RS3 is easy. The people in this game are loving delusional.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

wasnt there a thing with some lobsters the dag caves where you would clear 1m+ magic xp an hour

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Briefly, before they nerfed the aggro range on the dagannoths, it was like 600k+xp/hr. I think the abyss area is just a slightly slower variation of the old dags method nowadays.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Soulhunter posted:

Briefly, before they nerfed the aggro range on the dagannoths, it was like 600k+xp/hr. I think the abyss area is just a slightly slower variation of the old dags method nowadays.

It cost an absurd amount of gold based on the price of Ice Barrage/burst back then though. like 2.5k a cast or something ridiculous.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

How Rude posted:

It cost an absurd amount of gold based on the price of Ice Barrage/burst back then though. like 2.5k a cast or something ridiculous.

Poors get out.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

4 Legendary Pets are on sale, about 20m in bonds to get one. If you wanted to get one of these now is the time.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Super tempted to buy one but then I'd have to put off Drygores for a while.

On the other hand it's like 60m if I don't get it before the sale so rip.

Oh also a bunch of the outfits are on sale, the big one with emotes and poo poo like Nomad and Zaros.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Oh also while Flex is gone I might as well take up cit pay unless someone else already is, does anyone know what Flex was paying per cap?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Arrg if you're going to try QBD again soon you might want to give Kari's excellent QBD guide a look. Dunno if it has anything you don't already know from a video but it's worth a peek at least.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680104&userid=182476&perpage=1&pagenumber=9

Also you can get Slayer VIP Tickets with Thaler, not just Facepunch points, so if you want you can just afk whatever game is on spotlight and buy them that way. Slower though, I think.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Cit pay is still 500k per cap, people can still be reimbursed by posting a picture of their cap in the thread, and I'll recompense Dear if he so pays anyone.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Read posted:

4 Legendary Pets are on sale, about 20m in bonds to get one. If you wanted to get one of these now is the time.

lol

Read
Dec 21, 2010

They're good because they pick up stuff for you!!!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I made about a mil total last night from 2 elites clues, 2 hard clues, and a triskelion key :negative:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I tried qbd yesterday on my former ironman account and I've gotta say, even with c staff without augury (never mind ss and the mage curse) it still wasn't that bad, 5:38 a first kill but holy crap anyone who is going to do qbd make completely sure you do the quest because that damage reduction is going to make your life a whole lot easier!

Also I'm not sure if its the damage reduction or normal anti-fire but those flame walls were doing like 1600 a pop as opposed to the 750 on my normal account, I never realized how much of a difference super anti-fires made.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I made about a mil total last night from 2 elites clues, 2 hard clues, and a triskelion key :negative:

By trisk key are you including the elite from that?

300+300+300+50+50 + triskloot so around a mil sounds about right.

If the elite was already included, then you had an above average clue somewhere.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

By trisk key are you including the elite from that?

300+300+300+50+50 + triskloot so around a mil sounds about right.

If the elite was already included, then you had an above average clue somewhere.

Yeah, second elite was from trisk, but I also used a reroll on an elite drop.

It only takes around an hour to get an elite clue pickpocketing elves in priff. I literally just got an elite and next attempt got a hard

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

:siren: Double XP Weekend from September 25 12:00 UTC to September 28 12:00 UTC :siren:

the usual news post posted:

72 hours of XP-boosted excellence - coming your way next month. Start preparing now for RuneScape's next Double XP Weekend!

From the moment the in-game clock hits 12:00 UTC on 25th September, all RuneScape members will enjoy double XP from their training until 12:00 UTC on 28th September. Free players won't miss out, with +20% XP on their training over the same period.

Double XP weekends are some of the biggest, noisiest, XP-firework-filled fun you can have in RuneScape, so don't miss out – get prepped now by stocking up on charms, vials, seeds or any other supplies you need for the biggest gains.

The weekend will be just one part of a September packed with community events and competitions – look out for more details in the coming weeks!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Relatedly, prices are going to be up for a while but (speculation) should settle down a little in a weekish before going back up closer to the event, so think carefully before you make big skilling purchases.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Also, for those new to BXP weekends, there's a few limitations and rules, the most notable being:

* Bones generally do jack poo poo, and won't provide extra prayer XP when cremating or offering to an altar. Cleansing crystals worked on the last BXP weekend, but whether it will again remains to be seen
* Effigies, lamps, tomes of experience (Jack of Trades and such) and experience from minigames won't work
* BXP you already have will give you 3X XP for as long as it lasts, so barb rear end et. al. is still a very good thing to do in the lead-up to the weekend
* Skilling outfits (with the exception of goldsmithing gauntlets and brawlers) and the avatar will still work, but generally apply their XP boost before taking double XP into account. See the quote below for an example
* Ironman accounts won't benefit, tough luck

And there's a full run-down here.

Runescape wiki page posted:

For example, if you were cutting normal trees while wearing the full lumberjack outfit during the weekend, your XP would be calculated as follows:
The 25 XP normally received from cutting the tree would first benefit from the lumberjack boost, resulting in a bonus of 1.25 XP (a full set provides a 5% boost).
The bonus XP modifier would then boost the standard 25 XP to 50 XP before adding the lumberjack bonus, resulting in an end gain of 51.25 XP.
If you also had bonus woodcutting XP in your bonus XP pool then this would give you a final amount of 76.25 XP.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I made 150 mil just idly speculating last BXP weekend, so definitely look into that.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I made 150 mil just idly speculating last BXP weekend, so definitely look into that.

Let me know if pouch fuckery occurs again, I'll be all up in that poo poo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Pouch fuckery will certainly happen again, I'm pretty sure it has happened and will continue to happen every BXP weekend

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

what is pouch fuckery and how do I do this to fund herblore the most ungodly expensive skill

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You can trade pouches with the ogre summoner person by yanille and get 70% of their value in shards, which have an exceptionally stable price (I have never seen shards not be at 24 gp per shard mid price, and they'll move if you put in 25ea iirc). Calculate the cost of the shards a pouch will get you, then put in a (big) buy order a fair bit below that and literally harvest money.

Particularly on popular training pouches - I think I made like 30M off granite lobsters alone, and I was late to the party last BXP weekend

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 6, 2015

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Magres posted:

You can trade pouches with the ogre summoner person by yanille and get 70% of their value in shards, which have an exceptionally stable price (I have never seen shards not be at 24 gp per shard mid price, and they'll move if you put in 25ea iirc). Calculate the cost of the shards a pouch will get you, then put in a (big) buy order a fair bit below that and literally harvest money.

Particularly on popular training pouches - I think I made like 30M off granite lobsters alone, and I was late to the party last BXP weekend

Thanks! I have the money for 85 thanks to Swicky but that does nothing towards OVL and I guess also Turm is the other big buy I have coming up. Oh and loving drygores. Basically I need to poo poo out like 300m

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I finally killed QBD!!! It was my 2nd try after getting super anti-fires. The first one I missed her breath twice so I used way too much food. Second try, ezpz.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

-Hinze starts counting down dramatically from 9-
-Everyone waiting with bated breath to see what she's counting down to-

:goonscape:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Relatedly, I've been afking Dark Beasts and...

Exp ain't bad at all.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Joining the finally killed QBD club too, had an RCB forged beforehand in practice mode and I nearly ran out of food, but still, victory :toot:

Unfortunately loot was poo poo, just a few bones, bolts and hides. Oh well!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

Joining the finally killed QBD club too, had an RCB forged beforehand in practice mode and I nearly ran out of food, but still, victory :toot:

Unfortunately loot was poo poo, just a few bones, bolts and hides. Oh well!

Grats!

Since we're all posting what we've done lately I finally did One Small Favour (up there for worst quest ever) and King's Ransom for my T70 prayers.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Read posted:

Relatedly, I've been afking Dark Beasts and...

Exp ain't bad at all.

The money and xp are fiiiiine. I had them on my slayer pref list, but that was months ago.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Finally got a 99, woop :>

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

grats on ur water rune tho

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Too lazy to reconfigure my pet for the 10 minutes I was at Waterfiends finishing my level :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

grats on ur water rune tho