Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i spent 3 years in san diego (best diego) and i cannot find a good california burrito in the bay, it loving sucks

come on guys, california burrito, get it together

rice isn't wrong, but french fries are better. if you disagree with that statement i don't know what to tell you

this is like reading about mayonnaise pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i spent 3 years in san diego (best diego) and i cannot find a good california burrito in the bay, it loving sucks

sounds like you're unfamiliar w/ mission burritos

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

hobbesmaster posted:

everyone knows mayo belongs on fries, not pizza

though patat oorlog > patat met

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hobbesmaster posted:

Or people who use knife and fork for pizza

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

eschaton posted:

everyone knows mayo belongs on fries, not pizza

though patat oorlog > patat met

you people are disgusting

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

JewKiller 3000 posted:

rice isn't wrong, but french fries are better. if you disagree with that statement i don't know what to tell you

i live on the other side of the world and this seems wrong, even to me.

atmz
Jan 5, 2005

lurk lurk lurk
bay people go get a senior sisig Filipino burrito it's p. good and you can get a California one with fries and poo poo.
re: curry those rotiritos are good but Sushiritto has really good fried chicken curry seaweed burritos
or just go to the mission buy all the burritos and go eat them in bar

also vaguely related to burritos I remembered today that Scott Adams was all like "I wanna make a soup or burrito that has exactly the nutrients you need" and then he made a burritoailure but that's basically what soylent is except it's grosser and faker so *shrug*. does anyone actually eat soylent regularly? none of my geeky coworkers do, even the ones who bought some a couple of years ago.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the problem with lettuce is that it lacks the structural integrity to stand up to the other ingredients

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive never had a burrito with fries in it.

e: fixed a typo

Smythe fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 13, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
if you're going to put french fries in a thing, it needs to be a fat sandwich

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Nintendo Kid posted:

its you, you are the fat sanwich

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

JewKiller 3000 posted:

taqueria san jose in LA MISSIONE has one that's p good

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
actually fries in a burrito is okay. good even. perhaps great

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's this place in philly that makes Ethiopian food cheesesteak and it owns.

Gojjo out on Baltimore Ave

ethiopian is good
i could eat timatim fitfit, tibs with injera, and kitfo all day long

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

JewKiller 3000 posted:

what the gently caress is this bullshit

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Beast of Bourbon posted:

taqueria san jose in LA MISSIONE has one that's p good

what is the deal w/ ~*san jose sauce*~ it is literally just chipotles in adobo blended w/ sour cream

that poo poo is standard everyone knows that but nooooooo ~*san jose sauce*~

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Nintendo Kid posted:

fries on a sandwich are great, especially with slaw

tori would remind us of this if he were here

one of the few things I miss from Pittsburgh: Primanti Bros.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Triglav posted:

actually fries in a burrito is okay. good even. perhaps great

potatoes go in breakfast tacos, anything else with tortilla and taters is verboten.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

kwinkles posted:

what the gently caress is this bullshit

it's okay, you just don't yet understand.

have you ever had potatoes in a burrito? more common and a good first step on the path

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

crisp french fries. carne asada. pico de gallo. cheese. guacamole and sour cream if you want them. fuckin' perfect.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kwinkles posted:

potatoes go in breakfast tacos, anything else with tortilla and taters is verboten.

what about fried yuca?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
breakfast tacos yesssss

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2010/03/10/dining/10united.html?referrer=

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Stringent posted:

what about fried yuca?

that sounds p good.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TMZ posted:

also vaguely related to burritos I remembered today that Scott Adams was all like "I wanna make a soup or burrito that has exactly the nutrients you need" and then he made a burritoailure but that's basically what soylent is except it's grosser and faker so *shrug*. does anyone actually eat soylent regularly? none of my geeky coworkers do, even the ones who bought some a couple of years ago.

the dilberito was ahead of its time. it would be a fantastic fit in today's SV tech startup culture. he could outsource a fleet of cars to deliver the dilberito via. an app, and then pivot the service into an uber competitor. he could raise hundreds of millions in VC capital, then he can stop writing his lovely comics and books, and we never have to hear his awful opinions ever again.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
dilbert burrito would do v well marketed to crazy ayn rand supporters and he-man woman haters clubs across america.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

these are great and i wish they were available in more places
ya tava is p good

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

ya tava is p good

i thought he was talking about curry up now due to its adjacency to my domicile, but tava's delicious too. i guess tava's dangerously close to new-job as well.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Tokamak posted:

the dilberito was ahead of its time. it would be a fantastic fit in today's SV tech startup culture. he could outsource a fleet of cars to deliver the dilberito via. an app, and then pivot the service into an uber competitor. he could raise hundreds of millions in VC capital, then he can stop writing his lovely comics and books, and we never have to hear his awful opinions ever again.

he blamed kraft employees going to gas stations and covering them up with lunchables

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

fritz posted:

what kind of curry burrito we talking about, like a japanese curry with rice and potatoes and etc (good choice) or a nice channa masala (ditto) or like some coconutty Penang curry (also ditto but potentially messy)

there's a place in downtown minneapolis that makes them with like a coconut chicken+potato curry. i've made them with like butter chicken and onion-turmeric chicken. it's all extremely good.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

he blamed kraft employees going to gas stations and covering them up with lunchables

what

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

tacos wrapped in a thin slice of jicama instead of a corn or flour tortilla are pretty awesome

only had them at work though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ignoring the crazy conspiracy ramblings, what the gently caress kind of sales did he expect for a dilbert-themed burrito at a loving gas station convenience store

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

eschaton posted:

tacos wrapped in a thin slice of jicama instead of a corn or flour tortilla are pretty awesome

only had them at work though

or just put the jicama into the taco with the other stuff that's inside of the tortilla?!?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Tokamak posted:

I honestly looked for but never found the dilberito when it was on the market

I'd have probably bought pallet-loads then

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

or just put the jicama into the taco with the other stuff that's inside of the tortilla?!?

no no the trick is that the jicama can be the tortilla

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

he predicted that isdn was going to beat cable

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

eschaton posted:

no no the trick is that the jicama can be the tortilla

but it's obviously worse at that job than an actual tortilla

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"mmm yeah, can't wait to eat that paleo gluten-free taco!" ~microplanes jicama~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

web designers have decided that they need ethics

quote:

Designers are responsible for creating more than ever before—not only designing services, but also experiences, environments, products and systems for millions of people. With this increased influence, we must take a step back and recognize the responsibility we have to those we design for. We can learn from other professions like healthcare where those who practice medicine acknowledge their responsibility by swearing to uphold the Hippocratic Oath. This binds them to a clearly defined set of rules that guide the ethics of their interactions with patients. Likewise, designers now have the ability to impact human health, so we need a similar code of ethics to guide us.

The Designer's Oath brings together designers from disparate disciplines and backgrounds to create collaborative Oaths that speak across design practices and organizations. The traditional boundaries of design are quickly expanding, and our code of ethics needs to be as flexible and easy to redefine as the process of design itself. The Designer's Oath must become a tool that is applied to the process of design to ensure that the end result does good.

quote:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won knowledge of the human condition of those designers in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such empathetic decisions as are mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the people, all measures that are ecocentric and holistic avoiding those twin traps of behavioral manipulation and pure profitability.

JAKE WELLS, DONOVAN PREDDY, BRIAN PEPPLER
EMPATHY LAB

• Locked thread