Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Vendictus Prime posted:

Did anyone else have a loss in Prestige after the patch? I lost approximately 500 from the night before to after logging in, after the patch installed.

Probably from us turning off the triumph square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Morglon posted:

Not spending all your money on equipment upgrades helps. You can take your time with those because the actual increase is minimal, other than that just play the game, you won't be swimming in it any time soon because of all the different cash sinks but you'll get by if you prioritize right.

Yeah I have been only slowly upgrading equip slots. I do rush adept missions, but only for pantheon stuff and if i need supplies for pantheon building. This I need to stop doing for sure.

Guess I'll start hitting up a few holy text missions in between spark farming. :smith:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Hey, so I've been playing the game for about 2 hours total, and I'm really digging it playing as a paladin, but I can't help but feel like I don't do poo poo for damage. I'm making sure that I have all available spots unlocked on the Ascension Atlas that I can afford, and I'm making sure my loot is good.

I just got to the point where you unlock the free 3 days of premium, I'm assuming it ramps up later? Or are bosses really just clicking for like 5 minutes? I avoid damage super easy too, barely take any and the paladin shield is practically always up.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
It does ramp up a lot, but yeah at first it starts out really easy (to the point where solo missions marked impossible are actually pretty easy to do). Later on missions marked impossible are actually pretty drat tough, and actually honestly probably are some times impossible(yesterday I had a higher ranked version of the sea temple area marked impossible, and the 2nd boss for some reason was hitting me for like 10k through my shield with her auto attack, and i have like 25k health, no idea what i was even supposed to do about it).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something about this update broke my install and I can't run the game anymore.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Man, I haven't had access to guild chat at all the last two days.

People holding data pads while their in menus is neat.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Current List without all the got ems.

Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Fish Pockets
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida
Pyke Fish
Devlin Huer
Taliya Rose
Aye Veriley
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Farty Jackson
Angua Ironfound

Quote this post to be added to the list. Get online and Pm me at "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite. I intend to end this guild player cap poo poo this week.

I also overthrew 70% of the guild leadership so votes should be much loving faster. Talk about how tyrannical my farts are.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL

Obscurity posted:

Yeah I have been only slowly upgrading equip slots. I do rush adept missions, but only for pantheon stuff and if i need supplies for pantheon building. This I need to stop doing for sure.

Guess I'll start hitting up a few holy text missions in between spark farming. :smith:

Milenes Cave - The quick travel that you see at the bottom right of this map.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/skyforge/images/d/df/Milene_Caves_map_partial.png/revision/latest?cb=20150716221129

Check that out, and if you jump over the bricks there, there are some creatures that spawn there, 5 groups in total. They spawn really fast, aren't difficult to kill. If you like mob grinding, there is a good spot for it. I can show you sometime, or anyone else if you want. I got about 50k in 1.5 hours there as an LB at 9k prestige.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Is promo archer just horrible? I'm at the final boss of Port Naori 3 skulls difficulty and with about 10k prestige I absolutely cannot beat the final boss , her ranged auto attack just kills me, and archer has no way to prevent taking auto attack damage or anything, so i just lose, I feel like I have to be missing something but I don't know what, none of my CC abilities really affect the bosses auto attacks or anything.

Edit: Eventually just had to give up, was absolutely no way to win the mission as far as I could tell. First time I've had that happen with a promo class, not sure what was going on.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 13, 2015

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Promo archer is missing the talent that lets you use up your burn debuff for bonus damage, and you don't have an off-hand that gives you reduced damage taken inside electric field. Apart from that, living as an archer tends to involve using dash shields, and doing enough damage to suck down healing orbs as they come.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Protocol7 posted:

Hey, so I've been playing the game for about 2 hours total, and I'm really digging it playing as a paladin, but I can't help but feel like I don't do poo poo for damage. I'm making sure that I have all available spots unlocked on the Ascension Atlas that I can afford, and I'm making sure my loot is good.

I just got to the point where you unlock the free 3 days of premium, I'm assuming it ramps up later? Or are bosses really just clicking for like 5 minutes? I avoid damage super easy too, barely take any and the paladin shield is practically always up.

Paladin damage never stops sucking. There are some traits you can take that will make is less terrible, but less terrible is still pretty terrible. You play paladin to not die, not to kill things fast.

That said the extra survivability can let you bunch up multiple groups of enemies and survive it long enough to AoE them down. Bosses not so much.

goldjas posted:

Is promo archer just horrible? I'm at the final boss of Port Naori 3 skulls difficulty and with about 10k prestige I absolutely cannot beat the final boss , her ranged auto attack just kills me, and archer has no way to prevent taking auto attack damage or anything, so i just lose, I feel like I have to be missing something but I don't know what, none of my CC abilities really affect the bosses auto attacks or anything.

I had similar difficulties with the final boss of Port Naori with my non-promo archer. I don't think it's as much the promo getup as it is the class itself.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hoo boy, just unlocked the Kinetic, finally. And not having all of its skills unlocked makes it weak as poo poo. I guess I'll keep grinding on with my lightbinder for now until I can unlock some stuff.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So, I just had some random rear end in a top hat go afk like 30 minutes into a Daren Facility and then despite us waiting for like 15 minutes, the game somehow could not (or would not) find us another dps, so we got stuck and all that time was wasted. Do you have to do something manually to force a requeue mid dungeon? because we couldn't find anything.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Wolpertinger posted:

So, I just had some random rear end in a top hat go afk like 30 minutes into a Daren Facility and then despite us waiting for like 15 minutes, the game somehow could not (or would not) find us another dps, so we got stuck and all that time was wasted. Do you have to do something manually to force a requeue mid dungeon? because we couldn't find anything.

You could get on mumble and ask for a group run. We do that poo poo all the time. Not to mention that now it scales so loving anyone can go. The lack of you fucks in mumble is concerning.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

You could get on mumble and ask for a group run. We do that poo poo all the time. Not to mention that now it scales so loving anyone can go.

I probably will next time, but I was having a lucky streak with decent pubbie groups 'till that happened. It's more that I think the requeuing system broke or something, since I can't imagine it's very hard to find a DPS for a 5man.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
It tries to find a replacement, sometimes of the wrong role, but I haven't ran into that situation since the patch.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

goldjas posted:

Edit: Eventually just had to give up, was absolutely no way to win the mission as far as I could tell. First time I've had that happen with a promo class, not sure what was going on.

I don't think you should be looking at the stars/skulls but the expected difficulty (easy/normal/hard). If you just want the double sparks I don't think there's any reason to go above normal, archer burns through normal difficulty really fast, often I get about 60% of the time taken vs average.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
The prestige scaling hasn't really helped me at all. I'll be in queue for 20-30+ minutes and get nothing for MSM and Darren Facility. I think on and off queuing up over the past 2 days, I managed to get 1 group going for MSM that crapped out at the last boss.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You still have to play tank or support if you want quick queues.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I play groups as a Paladin pretty exclusively and none of my queues have had me waiting for longer than a minute.

As for difficulty later on you can easily do impossible poo poo on your own depending on what you're facing. There is a huge difference in enemies for example sea people tend to be comparatively difficult for me, the rat people super easy. Also Paladin damage is perfectly fine, great even compared to other games where tanks can't do dick on their own, you will lack behind other classes but you can still easily get poo poo done, at a decent pace even.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
Is defense penetration a PvE or PVP attribute? I looked around and I keep finding conflicting statements. Some say it's pve only, some pvp. That it affects hitting through shields on monsters and/or overcoming some defense amulets later on in prestige for pvp. Any definitive answer?

I can make a chapel for Ithanos Achipelago and not sure what to get. Basically my 3 potential options are Discharge Recovery (Impulse), Defense Penetration, and Ranged damage. Impulse-eh, if I was going more impulse I would do it, but I'm not really. Ranged damage is 20m+ which I compared the distance, not very often are you that far out from fighting. Any group run I've been on there hasn't really been enough room to be 20m+ out. So, I was leaning towards DP. But if it's PvP only, I'll have to reconsider.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Jimbosaurus posted:

The prestige scaling hasn't really helped me at all. I'll be in queue for 20-30+ minutes and get nothing for MSM and Darren Facility. I think on and off queuing up over the past 2 days, I managed to get 1 group going for MSM that crapped out at the last boss.

My queue usually pops after 30 minutes and then I get into a group with a 7k prestige tank that dies quicker than my warlock. Or a group with 5 dps classes. Or my queue doesn't pop at all. I haven't successfully finished a pubbie group instance since prestige scaling was introduced.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Jimbosaurus posted:

Is defense penetration a PvE or PVP attribute? I looked around and I keep finding conflicting statements. Some say it's pve only, some pvp. That it affects hitting through shields on monsters and/or overcoming some defense amulets later on in prestige for pvp. Any definitive answer?

I can make a chapel for Ithanos Achipelago and not sure what to get. Basically my 3 potential options are Discharge Recovery (Impulse), Defense Penetration, and Ranged damage. Impulse-eh, if I was going more impulse I would do it, but I'm not really. Ranged damage is 20m+ which I compared the distance, not very often are you that far out from fighting. Any group run I've been on there hasn't really been enough room to be 20m+ out. So, I was leaning towards DP. But if it's PvP only, I'll have to reconsider.

It's PvP only. A lot of outdated Russian guides wrongly recommend the stat, which is probably where the confusion stems from.

Discharge Recovery is good because of Impulse Barrier and Gravitational Perturbation. Ranged Damage and Violence are both decent but conditional bonuses.

BabyFur Denny posted:

My queue usually pops after 30 minutes and then I get into a group with a 7k prestige tank that dies quicker than my warlock. Or a group with 5 dps classes. Or my queue doesn't pop at all. I haven't successfully finished a pubbie group instance since prestige scaling was introduced.

If you're getting into groups with 5 DPS classes, two of them are switching from support/tank. Figure out who they are and kick them.

I've done 4 group dungeons since the patch, all queued as a Berserker, and the only issue I ran into was having to wait 10-20 minutes for the queue. If I cared about that wait, I would tank instead.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not gonna say that pugging is always pleasant, it's pretty much the opposite. You can pretty much assume there'll be some rough spots and the amount I've been grouped with DPS Lightbinders and Alchemists just boggles my mind but then again I'm playing a tank, if I don't get a single shield other than my own after three packs I just leave and they can suck it. Just go with goons if you can help it at all.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 13, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Current List of people I am Tracking for guild invites is now:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Langly Ayanami
Trumpous Maximus
Fish Pockets
Funny Fatguy
Cupnoodle King
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida

If you are not on this list then quote this post or the last one and give me your in game name. There is going to be quite a bit of leadership changes so if you are in game you can also PM "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite to the guild. All other people on the list I will be checking for online status and sending invites if I catch you online.

I need a list to know how many more times I need to keep expanding the guild as well. So post your loving names.

in as Cherry Poppins

not super important though, i rarely get on mumble and play oceanic

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Welp, the moment I turn down the volume to listen to the radio the game decides to give me an Argus quest that has the dialog subtitles still in Russian :v:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

So I haven't had an Okki Tablet reward on my map for at least a week. I checked every single thing on the adventure list..no dice. Submitted a ticket about it..

Their reply:

quote:

Hello!

We are sorry for this error and for delayed answer.

All received information was transferred to developers for testing.
We will analyze test results, find out what caused this error and fix it.
Please, note that this error can take some time to be fixed because we need to make some program changes.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for contacting us. Hope you will enjoy the game.

*fingers crossed* :(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Something is up, my pommel has always been on a different timer than the other items and my adepts didn't refresh this morning. They may have broken more than guild chat.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
When do you start seeing pommels? I have yet to get one. (5k atm)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Pommels are at 18650 prestige. They also (intentionally) show up every 3 days, despite their tooltip saying every 2 days.

Edit: This patch corrected the tooltip to say 3 days.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well that explains that then. Also I'm a big fan of that popup you get now when you have new gifts from your followers.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yeah. And that the gifts are 30 daily holy texts (at least until you cap out) rather than supplies.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I liked getting supplies because i run a lot of missions for order XP, but daily income of ~25k credits isn't too bad either

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RottenK posted:

I liked getting supplies because i run a lot of missions for order XP, but daily income of ~25k credits isn't too bad either

I have to agree with this although I am kind of an exception there because I just dumped an ungodly amount of my founder ducats into holy texts and can't keep up with order stuff.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Jimbosaurus posted:

I know defense penetration works in PvP and the way it's set up is that it penetrates things that are considered shields, but not things that are considered Invulns. For example Defense Penetration allows you to damage Slayer through their stealth, but not damage them through their aegis invuln. I was under the impression that anything keyworded Defense specifically only worked in PvP, but I haven't seen that from any official source.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

This is a pretty fun game, but if they don't want every instance being all DPS classes then why are almost all of the classes DPS? Is this intentional on the dev's part to just gently caress with queues?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Darwinism posted:

This is a pretty fun game, but if they don't want every instance being all DPS classes then why are almost all of the classes DPS? Is this intentional on the dev's part to just gently caress with queues?

Because that's how holy-trinity MMOs work? The point is to kill poo poo. Thus, you need a majority of your classes specialized to kill poo poo, with the minimum amount of dudes not specialized for murder to fill the role of "not dying to a gentle caress".

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

ChickenWing posted:

Because that's how holy-trinity MMOs work? The point is to kill poo poo. Thus, you need a majority of your classes specialized to kill poo poo, with the minimum amount of dudes not specialized for murder to fill the role of "not dying to a gentle caress".

It's okay, you can say gently caress here, the word filter is just for filthy spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm like 2 days away from unlocking Archer (the class I want to try first) - I didn't see anything in the OP but what is the grind like for getting your Prestige up after you unlock a new class? I've stockpiled over 500 Sparks of Whatever The gently caress Class You Want to Use Them For.

• Locked thread