Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
A friend of mine showed me this: http://imgur.com/a/WrWGh

A clever clogs variety of type's managed to get beta planets working in the current version of Space engineers, though its kind of a weird process involving the merging of assets from Medeival engineers. Looks absolutely stunning, it even has trees and flowers.

Here's the guide on how to do it, though please note you will need to own both games before you should attempt this: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/3fiiqz/complete_foolproof_tutorial_for_planets/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tombot posted:

A clever clogs variety of type's managed to get beta planets working in the current version of Space engineers, though its kind of a weird process involving the merging of assets from Medeival engineers. Looks absolutely stunning, it even has trees and flowers.

Here's the guide on how to do it, though please note you will need to own both games before you should attempt this: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/3fiiqz/complete_foolproof_tutorial_for_planets/

Holy smokes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tombot posted:

Oh yeah, I saw some other screenshots on one of the mod pages in the Workshop. Planets are going to be amazing and I seriously can't wait. :allears:. Gonna build myself a fort, and then blow it up from orbit.

edit: Added it to the OP.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 9, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frank.club posted:

Holy smokes

Oh my. :getin:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
So fair warning for anyone on the goonserver, the server's set to delete starter ships when you logout. I went to play with a friend of mine earlier and didn't find the ship I'd built with Kermit. Well, I merged my starter turd with a friend's, made a little base out of that - and when I logged out, the ship ceased to exist around my friend.

So, uh, merge them into a station first and then re-make them into a ship to make it a 'not starter'.

There seriously should be a warning for that - in fact there used to be, but not anymore. KEEEEEENNNNNN.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Did someone say Space Bees?! :supaburn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENVtCMkbrM
Don't know the story behind it, the video was just on Marek Rosa's twitter and there's no description in the video. I take it they're from Medieval Engineers maybe?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did someone say Space Bees?! :supaburn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENVtCMkbrM
Don't know the story behind it, the video was just on Marek Rosa's twitter and there's no description in the video. I take it they're from Medieval Engineers maybe?

They're apparently a bug (haw) and a frame-rate killer. I think they've been patched out though? It's a physics fuckup from what I understand.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rhjamiz posted:

They're apparently a bug (haw) and a frame-rate killer. I think they've been patched out though? It's a physics fuckup from what I understand.

That's a shame. Space Engineers badly needs some wildlife (though I'm guessing we'll get at least something alongside planets from whatever Medieval Engineers has/gets), even if it's just digging for iron in an asteroid to accidentally let out a swarm of iron-based bugs that start eating your mining ship. Or worse; your miners.

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

Drake_263 posted:

So fair warning for anyone on the goonserver, the server's set to delete starter ships when you logout. I went to play with a friend of mine earlier and didn't find the ship I'd built with Kermit. Well, I merged my starter turd with a friend's, made a little base out of that - and when I logged out, the ship ceased to exist around my friend.

So, uh, merge them into a station first and then re-make them into a ship to make it a 'not starter'.

There seriously should be a warning for that - in fact there used to be, but not anymore. KEEEEEENNNNNN.

It got stolen. We had it parked over at New GoonBase last I checked. We recovered it from someone.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

zennik posted:

It got stolen. We had it parked over at New GoonBase last I checked. We recovered it from someone.

Traditional goon right there, then. Will have to start parking things in the assend of nowhere, then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well this was an interesting comment to get for the World version of my W.A.S.P. Modular Starfighter.

quote:

I.HATE.YOU.
ok so you have the Amazing photo of the wasp with all its parts yaaay! those are included, wait what theyre not? how am i supposed to build them then? oh he put up a world! so all the modules will be there and i can just blueprint them from there. WTF YOU MEAN THEYRE NOT IN THERE EITHER!
why have a picture of AALLLL the modules with NONE of them included anywhere? how you took the picture upload THAT as the world come on dude. are you going to make it DLC that i have to buy now? well you lost a sale and a customer, un sub bro, un sub.

I've made someone angry on the internet with something benign I created. I feel... complete. :allears:

(For a quick explanation; the fighter core itself is stuffed with projectors that have the wing and dorsal modules - it's designed so you just have to wave it at any set of Welders you please and it'll mount its own weapon modules, all you need to do is dock connectors to load ammo afterwards. There are multiple pictures even showing Projected versions around the core fighter.)

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
And he's a wehraboo to top it off. Look at his profile pic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I'm about set for planets now. I can drop Quick-Fab bunkers down to the surface out of my battleship's factory cell, loaded with refineries and assemblers.

They're meant to be carried down by a cargo lifter, but I dropped one from 75m up (the max range of the gravity generator) to see what'd happen and it actually landed okay save for a minor breach in one corner. The arch in the background's just a general "will this fit in the hangar bay?" test.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I'm about set for planets now. I can drop Quick-Fab bunkers down to the surface out of my battleship's factory cell, loaded with refineries and assemblers.

They're meant to be carried down by a cargo lifter, but I dropped one from 75m up (the max range of the gravity generator) to see what'd happen and it actually landed okay save for a minor breach in one corner. The arch in the background's just a general "will this fit in the hangar bay?" test.

You're eventually going to destroy servers with Von Neumann machines, aren't you?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chairface posted:

You're eventually going to destroy servers with Von Neumann machines, aren't you?

Probably, yes. As-is, I'm just rebuilding the Avalon Battleship into a general base-ship that's ready for whatever gets added to the game in the future. Planets? Drop a bunker and a few Battlewagons loaded with welding rigs, and you'll probably have yourself a permanent fortress ready in an hour or two. That sort of thing. Got the battleship blown half to poo poo? Start spitting out welding pods and sending off cargo lifters with mining drones to go gather resources for parts and ammo. Then grind them all back down into raw materials afterwards for whatever you need next.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

You all seem to want to drop things from orbit. I'm planning on making a space elevator to send resources down with.

I'll build it in space and then poke the planet with it!

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand

Oh poo poo I've run into you several times before.

gently caress, I've been away for a while. Trying to play catch up with my fleet designs, I haven't even begun to prepare for planets.

Gonna corner the orbital bombardment market for sure though. Piracy and ransoming on multiplayer is far too much fun.

Edit: Far as mods go, I'd suggest the Arc1, aka the Area Welder. This welds in rougly a 5^3 area of large blocks around it, so just 1 can build a small ship in seconds.

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 11, 2015

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Probably, yes.

I feel like it's almost possible to do it now, they would just lack programming. Some sort of streamlined drilling device with a welder and projector in order to help make copies of itself. How you get the assembler to spit out parts on its own, I don't know.

Basically I'm picturing Mantrid Drones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

Oh poo poo I've run into you several times before.

gently caress, I've been away for a while. Trying to play catch up with my fleet designs, I haven't even begun to prepare for planets.

Gonna corner the orbital bombardment market for sure though. Piracy and ransoming on multiplayer is far too much fun.

Edit: Far as mods go, I'd suggest the Arc1, aka the Area Welder. This welds in rougly a 5^3 area of large blocks around it, so just 1 can build a small ship in seconds.

If you mean you've seen this ship in multiplayer, it ain't me - I haven't touched multiplayer in a very long time. But yeah, the Avalon's already well-set to blow the poo poo out of some poor fucker's little fort on the ground with bigass gravity shells. And then bulldoze whatever's left as raw materials for your own.

Besides, the Mk.3's much nastier;

Also the actual welder mod on that ship you listed is removed from the Workshop, and the Twin Welders do the same thing anyway.

Rhjamiz posted:

I feel like it's almost possible to do it now, they would just lack programming. Some sort of streamlined drilling device with a welder and projector in order to help make copies of itself. How you get the assembler to spit out parts on its own, I don't know.

Basically I'm picturing Mantrid Drones.

Actually I was just thinking of making little buggers that can eat a Creative server with rapid mass-reproduction.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So space and planets will be seamlessly connected? How are they handling the curvature of a planet?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mindblast posted:

So space and planets will be seamlessly connected? How are they handling the curvature of a planet?

Yup, all seamless. Planets are 50-ish kilometers in size, so you're really not going to build something large enough to notice the curvature, and I'm guessing Station blocks will just default to a general "down" when rubbed against the surface of a planet or something. You'll also get up to three 8-10KM moons in orbit as well.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Mindblast posted:

What Neddy said. Plus the fact that fairly recently you can use a rotation mode with station blocks, so there won't be any trouble.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you mean you've seen this ship in multiplayer, it ain't me - I haven't touched multiplayer in a very long time. But yeah, the Avalon's already well-set to blow the poo poo out of some poor fucker's little fort on the ground with bigass gravity shells. And then bulldoze whatever's left as raw materials for your own.

Besides, the Mk.3's much nastier;

In the last 2 weeks I finally downloaded that, since the CSD have always been my Holy Grail of weapons mods. The MK I, II, & IIIs are no joke.

Several Sci-Fi novels I've read over my life also have mentioned maneuvers of varying names where a ship will come in from low orbit, skim the ground to bombard, slingshoting to escape the planet's gravity since the ship(s) weren't designed with terrestrial flight in mind or unable to maintain said low orbits.

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 11, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

What Neddy said. Plus the fact that fairly recently you can use a rotation mode with station blocks, so there won't be any trouble.

In the last 2 weeks I finally downloaded that, since the CSD have always been my Holy Grail of weapons mods. The MK I, II, & IIIs are no joke.

Several Sci-Fi novels I've read over my life also have mentioned maneuvers of varying names where a ship will come in from low orbit, skim the ground to bombard, slingshoting to escape the planet's gravity since the ship(s) weren't designed with terrestrial flight in mind or unable to maintain said low orbits.

First thing I'm doing once planets are out is pulling a straight Battlestar Galactica - drop it down towards the planet and jump out at the last second. Then I'm just gonna plain drop it onto a planet to see what kind of mess it makes :science:.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Rhjamiz posted:

Mantrid Drones.

Oh please, I hope there is a way to give them comms ability.

Just let them spam Mantrid lines endlessly.

poo poo, who even needs to go through an interserver gate when you could write a program that would auto-dial random servers, poop through a dozen drones each to reproduce, and then just keep on dialing.

We could build our very own worm in SE. :allears:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Self-assembling, flying buttbots? Jesus on a stick.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I can tell you they kill the game really fast because of the incessant graphical freezing caused by multiple instances of creative-mode welding. They still work in the background though, according to SE-Toolbox. I had like 20-30 of the little blighters complete and still replicating. Might even try leaving it running overnight just to see how many it gets up to before making GBS threads the bed completely. Naturally, these things only work in Creative Mode.

This one's staying locked to Friends visibility, but I think most/all of you friended me at some point anyway, so have a Von Neumann Machine. It needs the Azimuth Mega Mod and Twin Welders to work.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm continually astonished by your stuff, Neddy. I can barely build a working exploration vessel, and you're basically sitting on a colonial mothership that can 3D print a town onto the side of a planet.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I can tell you they kill the game really fast because of the incessant graphical freezing caused by multiple instances of creative-mode welding. They still work in the background though, according to SE-Toolbox. I had like 20-30 of the little blighters complete and still replicating. Might even try leaving it running overnight just to see how many it gets up to before making GBS threads the bed completely. Naturally, these things only work in Creative Mode.

This one's staying locked to Friends visibility, but I think most/all of you friended me at some point anyway, so have a Von Neumann Machine. It needs the Azimuth Mega Mod and Twin Welders to work.

See my thing with drones is my early forrays into sensor/gyro auto-navigation for them were hosed, so I went other routes instead. I've fallen even further behind with the advent of the programmable block. Throwing out a friend invite from "Killery" to check these drones out.

Drake_263 posted:

Self-assembling, flying buttbots? Jesus on a stick.

The kind of stuff of Sci-Fi nightmares. Now imagine fleets of Goons each directing the action of them, descending to a planet's surface.

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 11, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

See my thing with drones is my early forrays into sensor/gyro auto-navigation for them were hosed, so I went other routes instead. I've fallen even further behind with the advent of the programmable block. Throwing out a friend invite from "Killery" to check these drones out.

Mine are actually pretty simple and don't use the programming block. They just use a couple of timers to manage self-replication and a single forced Gyroscope to go spinning off in an arc before building a new copy.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

I'm never happy with my designs, but here is my personal cruiser before I tear it apart for the fourth time and rebuild its systems from the ground up, so I'm submitting this for feedback.
Using the U.S. Navy's hull classifications and vague notions of model numbers that this is the third incarnation, this is the Rune Breaker (DDR-903) Rail Destroyer.
Even in it's previous incarnations, the main weapons pick off enemy weapons or cockpits, the turrets tear apart anything critical, and the number of embedded decoys means they go quite long before I do in this.

A face only a mother would love~

Dat rear end

I'm a fan of transforming ships, things like the Tactical Destroyers from EVE Online, but since pistons and rotors hate anything that moves, so for aesthetic purposes the ramps are all it has, which are always extended save for pre-jump sequence, which I have yet to fully configure.

The thing I am most proud of is the cockpit itself, which allows you to fly the thing without a HUD. It has 2 screens cycling MAZ Laboratory LCD Screens (since I ran out of even irrelevant things to show,) and will display Oxygen, Current Location, Radar Readings, Damaged Blocks & Alarm Notifications, Power Readings, Jump Drive Charge, Rail Ammunition, Cargo Space, and available repair/ammunition resources. For the future it will have built in area welders and a projector to actively repair the ship during combat.

Armament: 3 Large Ship Ship Railguns w/ forward mounted camera for sniping, 1 Rail Turret set to 7500m, 3 Gatling turrets & 1 Interior Turret (off the conveyor system, used only during alarms.)
Oxygen: Vent in the cockpit area and for the Cockpit block beneath the Rail Turret, Medbay, Cyro Chamber, and Oxygen Generator
Power: 1 Small Reactor for emergency systems operation, 2 batteries set to individually cycle between recharge/semi auto every 5 seconds for the timers/programmable blocks, 1 Large Capacitor. During survival testing, even at full charge this capacitor will only give max thrust for 13 minutes, so that's a bust. I'm not a fan of proprietary fuel types, but an X20 Arc Reactor would solve all of my problems. The Radar and FTL Inhibitor are huge power draws.
Propulsion: 3 Sage Industrial Thrusters, 2 for Forward and 1 for Rear, 43 additional Armor Thrusters
Armor: Only poor people use Light Armor. 994 Heavy Armor Blocks, and has [REDACTED] Decoys embedded through the hull.
Communications: 2 Large Antennas (50km,) 1 Laser Antenna (40km,) 1 Alarm Beacon (50km,) 1 Radar (50km,) 1 Azimuth Ore Detector (5Km,) 1 FTL Inhibitor w/ range Upgrade (100km.)
Misc. Systems: Assembler w/ 4 Productivty Upgrades for ammunition, Alarms that activate point defense turrets, 3 Small Cargo Containers, 3 Programmable Blocks and Timers (Main Display, Alarm, and Damage Systems,) 1 Jump Drive (522.99Km,) Port & Starboard Navigation Lights.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

I'm never happy with my designs, but here is my personal cruiser before I tear it apart for the fourth time and rebuild its systems from the ground up, so I'm submitting this for feedback.
Using the U.S. Navy's hull classifications and vague notions of model numbers that this is the third incarnation, this is the Rune Breaker (DDR-903) Rail Destroyer.
Even in it's previous incarnations, the main weapons pick off enemy weapons or cockpits, the turrets tear apart anything critical, and the number of embedded decoys means they go quite long before I do in this.

A face only a mother would love~

Dat rear end

I'm a fan of transforming ships, things like the Tactical Destroyers from EVE Online, but since pistons and rotors hate anything that moves, so for aesthetic purposes the ramps are all it has, which are always extended save for pre-jump sequence, which I have yet to fully configure.

The thing I am most proud of is the cockpit itself, which allows you to fly the thing without a HUD. It has 2 screens cycling MAZ Laboratory LCD Screens (since I ran out of even irrelevant things to show,) and will display Oxygen, Current Location, Radar Readings, Damaged Blocks & Alarm Notifications, Power Readings, Jump Drive Charge, Rail Ammunition, Cargo Space, and available repair/ammunition resources. For the future it will have built in area welders and a projector to actively repair the ship during combat.

Armament: 3 Large Ship Ship Railguns w/ forward mounted camera for sniping, 1 Rail Turret set to 7500m, 3 Gatling turrets & 1 Interior Turret (off the conveyor system, used only during alarms.)
Oxygen: Vent in the cockpit area and for the Cockpit block beneath the Rail Turret, Medbay, Cyro Chamber, and Oxygen Generator
Power: 1 Small Reactor for emergency systems operation, 2 batteries set to individually cycle between recharge/semi auto every 5 seconds for the timers/programmable blocks, 1 Large Capacitor. During survival testing, even at full charge this capacitor will only give max thrust for 13 minutes, so that's a bust. I'm not a fan of proprietary fuel types, but an X20 Arc Reactor would solve all of my problems. The Radar and FTL Inhibitor are huge power draws.
Propulsion: 3 Sage Industrial Thrusters, 2 for Forward and 1 for Rear, 43 additional Armor Thrusters
Armor: Only poor people use Light Armor. 994 Heavy Armor Blocks, and has [REDACTED] Decoys embedded through the hull.
Communications: 2 Large Antennas (50km,) 1 Laser Antenna (40km,) 1 Alarm Beacon (50km,) 1 Radar (50km,) 1 Azimuth Ore Detector (5Km,) 1 FTL Inhibitor w/ range Upgrade (100km.)
Misc. Systems: Assembler w/ 4 Productivty Upgrades for ammunition, Alarms that activate point defense turrets, 3 Small Cargo Containers, 3 Programmable Blocks and Timers (Main Display, Alarm, and Damage Systems,) 1 Jump Drive (522.99Km,) Port & Starboard Navigation Lights.

No Workshop link to a world? How are we supposed to blast the poo poo out of it play with it properly? :colbert:

Given it's relatively small size I'd ditch the Railgun Turret for maybe OKI's or MexPex's weapon packs. The Railgun firing rate's pretty poo poo and a even a few vanilla rocket launchers will take it off pretty quickly with just numbers. The fixed forward ones are fine, though you really could do with a second gun on the underside instead of just the single Gatling Turret, along with another gatling on top. Meteors do some nasty damage.

Also, who wants to go for a drive in a shiny new W.A.S.P. Battlewagon?

I actually learned something surprising during a simple drop test; The drat thing's capable of making an orbital drop on its own. I doubt it'll work if it's lugging a fully-loaded cargo or construction rig, but it'll decelerate to a safe 4.8m/s drop just fine with one of the Tank weapons and both cargo containers loaded. DEATH FROM ABOVE! :black101:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I ust had the idea of building gravity-operated orbital lifts. Essentially - this assuming natural gravity doesn't entirely override ArG - you'd build a giant fuckoff tower or chute lined with gravity generators st to provide negative Gs. Depending on the scale of the project it might not be enough to provide a -full- -1G (and entirely negate gravity within the zone) but it should still certainly help big sperheavy cargo lifters and the like getting off the ground and into orbit. bonus points if you estend the upper end into an orbital shipyard.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Drake_263 posted:

I ust had the idea of building gravity-operated orbital lifts. Essentially - this assuming natural gravity doesn't entirely override ArG - you'd build a giant fuckoff tower or chute lined with gravity generators st to provide negative Gs. Depending on the scale of the project it might not be enough to provide a -full- -1G (and entirely negate gravity within the zone) but it should still certainly help big sperheavy cargo lifters and the like getting off the ground and into orbit. bonus points if you estend the upper end into an orbital shipyard.
^^^Space elevators are going to get important if they make it really difficult for large ships to operate in a planet's gravity. Don't ships basically ignore gravity right now if they don't have a mass block on them? I wonder if they are going to make "real" gravity a distinct force from artificial gravity, that affects your ship regardless of the presence of a mass block.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

^^^Space elevators are going to get important if they make it really difficult for large ships to operate in a planet's gravity. Don't ships basically ignore gravity right now if they don't have a mass block on them? I wonder if they are going to make "real" gravity a distinct force from artificial gravity, that affects your ship regardless of the presence of a mass block.

Go check out the Enhanced Gravity Generator mod and watch your ships fall under their own weight.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

That's exactly how it's supposed to work in the Planets patch, from what I've understoodt. Out in the black, with asteroids and stuff, ships are 'naturaly' weightless and you need a gravity generator - artificial mass-combo to get a response. In a planetary gravity well, ships will fall 'naturally'. The idea with the orbital elevator is to use up-oriented gravity generatos and artificial mass blocks on hsips to combat the 'natural' gravity and make for softer landings and easier takeoffs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Depending on how high the atmosphere is, a gravity cannon would probably be your best bet by just accelerating the poo poo out the Lift at ground-level. Getting down just requires inertial dampners and large thrusters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's :siren: PATCHTIME! :siren:

We got a balancing patch this time rather than features, which is no bad thing.

v:1.095 posted:

Summary
We have applied multiple changes regarding game-play balance. Main changes were in block and component costs, energy consumption and reactor outputs. Most of the basic blocks that you need early in the game now require only Fe, Si and Ni. More advanced blocks such as large ship blocks and weapons can additionally require Ag, Co, Mg. Moreover, the most expensive blocks will cost some U, Au and Pt.
Additionally, a new tutorial has been added that offers instruction on how to fly a ship and use the three ship tools. You must use each ship to navigate through several chambers that demonstrate how to grind, weld and drill as well as how to stock a weld ship’s cargo and how to dock with connectors.
Check out the latest Developers Notes where we share some info about the game’s development progress: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/7366068/
We would also like to know your opinion/thoughts about the new changes that we are applying to the gameplay attributes and also about the tutorials. For that reason, we have created a new sub-forum where you can post your comments and send us your feedback: http://forum.keenswh.com/forums/feedback.423142/
Steam Discussions:
- Balancing: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/11/
- Tutorial: http://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/12/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZpX-lvmjg

Features
- rebalancing of systems and components
- new tutorial scenario “Ship Flight & Tools”
- added ON/OFF option as an action for button panel

Fixes
- fixed crash when loading world in edit mode
- fixed wheel friction setting is reverted to 0 after reload
- fixed LCD resetting when merging two ships together
- fixed numbers in toolbar config filter triggers hotkeys
- fixed crash when using jump drive
- fixed jump drive is failing to jump attached grids
- fixed client can't weld/grind when not in view of host
- fixed small conveyor sorter has too small volume
- fixed oxygen indicator missing in cockpit

Balance changes
- Batteries and Solar panels are now a good early game source of energy - be wary of darkness though!
- Large ship thruster maximum thrust has been increased 3x (It's now about par with SAGE's Industrial Thruster or Sektan's S-3 thruster)
- Power consumption has been increased 6x for all thrusters
- Heavy armor is more expensive and tougher (Ahahahahahah :unsmigghh:)
- Rounded armor component costs are more consistent with their volume
- Power output has been increased 3x for all reactor variants
- Increased maximum configurable friction on wheels - 100% is now 4x stronger
- Wheel suspension-rotor torque has been changed to achieve better stability
- Metal Grid is now an alloy made of Iron, Cobalt and Nickel
- Gravity components now require 10 gold and 5 silver to be assembled
- Detector components no longer require platinum to be assembled
- Motors now only need Nickel and Iron to be assembled
- Construction components now take 4 seconds to be assembled
- Displays no longer require gold to be assembled
- Computers now only require silicon and iron to be assembled
- Jumpdrives now require Power Cells, Thruster Components and more Computers to be assembled

Take your bets on when that guy on the KSH forums has a fresh meltdown over Solar Panels :allears:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 13, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

Construction components now take 4 seconds to be assembled

gently caress yeah

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I may or may not have to perform a new series of experiments on power/thrust efficiency ratios on the different thrusters, along with benchmarking how much power you need to run them. I'm particularly curious about that official-mod small thruster booster - if I'm correct, using a couple of boosted small thrusters should make for a fairly impressively zippy little ship without having to devote real estate to the ginormous large thruster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Take your bets on when that guy on the KSH forums has a fresh meltdown over Solar Panels :allears:

I really hope he does.

Also, I'm very glad they made computers easier to make. This makes it a lot easier to get established in a new world.

• Locked thread