Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

They managed to recreate Kane's weird belly button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

triplexpac posted:

Is there a good guide to explain the differences? I had no idea the features you're talking about existed.
Countering a back suplex while playing as one of the big-name AJPW guys usually causes you to no-sell the suplex and clobber the opponent with a lariat or elbow or whatever.

For the burning finishers, taunt while your Special is active. You go into super special mode and get to pull off Burning Hammers, Ganso Bombs and Tiger Driver '91s instead of your normal special. You can only use a burning finisher once per match, and I'm not sure if all wrestlers in the game have them.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 10, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

They managed to recreate Kane's weird belly button.

The best WWE 2k game yet.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Church Kane looking, uh, churchy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shima Honnou posted:

Hiding the crowd.
Sucks but at this point there's really not much to do, save sacrifice 90% of next-gen system RAM to rendering something other than Quake 2 models. All the other sports games have the luxury of either going with really wide camera angles (basketball, baseball) or depth of field effects (football) to hide how lovely the crowd models are. Even UFC gets the big obstructive cage. But in wrestling games you have to be able to throw dudes on the railing and maybe grab replica belts from bystanders in a hardcore match. They just have to be there, moving in small, rigid loops and counting pinfalls a second or two later than they should

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Someone spent many hours rendering Kane's nipples. Just think about that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

You learn a lot, lurking on the TEW 2013 forums

quote:

Enhancement Talent and Openers are not affected by the Recent Fortunes mechanic, meaning their ability to gain/lose Momentum is unaffected by wins/losses. Obviously they won't gain momentum during a long losing streak, but in my experience they won't lose it very fast either.

You can keep a prospect as a jobber for an extended period while they train up their skills (as long as they accept the push). Then when you're ready to push them, manually raise their Push to Lower Midcarder and start featuring them in good matches and angles. Their momentum will rise normally.

quote:

Momentum sells tickets, popularity gets segment ratings (momentum does help with the latter too).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Xavier's hatred of mayo warms my heart, I'd be the same way trying to eat that poo poo.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Come to the Midwest, where a salad is a jar of mayo with some garbage in it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mayo is king and should be on everything. Including Christmas Mince Pies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Someone spent many hours rendering Kane's nipples. Just think about that.

At a Japanese developer, this is the kind of job you'd get assigned to when they want you to quit.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Does anyone have links to the Youtube Plays of old WWE Create-a-Stories? We had some awesome ones, including "Dial P for Perfection" and "The Goldust mysteries", but they're ungoogleable now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 taught me Kenta Kobashi had the best theme ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrAs2aKmgM

I picked him for career mode and it gets me pumped up every time

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Golden Bee posted:

Does anyone have links to the Youtube Plays of old WWE Create-a-Stories? We had some awesome ones, including "Dial P for Perfection" and "The Goldust mysteries", but they're ungoogleable now.

Is this what you're looking for?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 taught me Kenta Kobashi had the best theme ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrAs2aKmgM

I picked him for career mode and it gets me pumped up every time

spartan x supremacy

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Playing TEW very late before bed last night, had a good laugh at this ridiculous team that had formed in Smokey Mountain Wrestling between Bob Armstrong and loving New Jack. Come to find out today that I must have been exceptionally groggy, as it's actually New Jack and Tracey Smothers not "Bullet" Bob. Which is still weird, but not as much of a mindfuck as New Jack / Bob Armstrong.

Hahahaha

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

Playing TEW very late before bed last night, had a good laugh at this ridiculous team that had formed in Smokey Mountain Wrestling between Bob Armstrong and loving New Jack. Come to find out today that I must have been exceptionally groggy, as it's actually New Jack and Tracey Smothers not "Bullet" Bob. Which is still weird, but not as much of a mindfuck as New Jack / Bob Armstrong.

Hahahaha

Yesssss, the chemistry that had to happen

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Golden Bee posted:

I created "P for Perfection" and probably still have the file on my 360, though I don't have the game anymore (2010, I think?). I miss Detective Ziggler and Vance Archer's INTENSE adventures.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
3 years into my TEW scenario, AI-controlled WWF putting on a hell of a Wrestlemania 2000. Here's the top matches:

Main event
Jeff Jarrett beats The Rock to retain the WWF title

Taker and Animal go to a draw (RIP Streak lol)

HHH over Austin for the IC title

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention the best part, they ran it in a Gymnasium in Japan in front of 7,000 people.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 12, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

3 years into my TEW scenario, AI-controlled WWF putting on a hell of a Wrestlemania 2000. Here's the top matches:

Main event

Might as well just quit now, that card's not getting topped

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Main event

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention the best part, they ran it in a Gymnasium in Japan in front of 7,000 people.

The AI loving loving Animal is the best. I can't imagine anything topping Jeff Jarrett over the Rock at Mania, but the last Mania in my game did involve the WWF World Championship going undefended on the card.

JYD is the champ and has been a consistent midcard presence while Hogan and Flair work in the main event above him.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The AI loving loving Animal is the best. I can't imagine anything topping Jeff Jarrett over the Rock at Mania, but the last Mania in my game did involve the WWF World Championship going undefended on the card.

JYD is the champ and has been a consistent midcard presence while Hogan and Flair work in the main event above him.

Amazing that JYD is on the card but only in what I can imagine is an awful Snake Pit segment

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

CubsWoo posted:

Amazing that JYD is on the card but only in what I can imagine is an awful Snake Pit segment

He's only made 14 title defenses in a 20 month reign as Champ, so this makes sense.

I also just now noticed that the card included a intergender match between MEGA MAN TOM MAGEE and Desiree Petersen. I looked at Petersen's match history and she also recently lost to Jimmy Jack Funk and defeated Barry O. No other women are wrestling men. What the hell.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Little Mac posted:

I created "P for Perfection" and probably still have the file on my 360, though I don't have the game anymore (2010, I think?). I miss Detective Ziggler and Vance Archer's INTENSE adventures.

Whenever I hang with my Scottish friend, I think about your entirely transliterated Drew McIntyre.

"WET! WET!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Newly confirmed for 2K16:

Stang
Bray
Usos
Charlotte
Kevin Owens
Baron Corbin
Tyson Kidd (:rip:)
Cesaro
Shawn Michaels
Natalya
Stardust
Roman Reigns
Brock
Dolph
Taker
Miz
Sami Zayn
Enzo and Cass
Bret
Rock

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chris James 2 posted:

Newly confirmed for 2K16:
Baron Corbin

No buys.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Do they actually differentiate between the moves of the Usos, or say, Los Matadores for these games? WWE has never bothered to give either member of either team a distinct style from his partner, so it doesn't seem like they need to take up extra character slots either. I can see it for the Bellas since they actually have individual styles now, but not so much "tag team consisting of relatives who for all intents and purposes look and wrestle exactly the same".

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Good, Enzo is in it. Now I can live video-vicariously through a fellow obnoxious person from NJ w/ friends way taller than him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Do they actually differentiate between the moves of the Usos, or say, Los Matadores for these games? WWE has never bothered to give either member of either team a distinct style from his partner, so it doesn't seem like they need to take up extra character slots either. I can see it for the Bellas since they actually have individual styles now, but not so much "tag team consisting of relatives who for all intents and purposes look and wrestle exactly the same".

uso #1 gets savate kick 2, uso #2 gets superkick 4

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

There is some differentiation in moves as well as stats, but not enough to overcome their interchangeable non-gimmick

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Something I'm starting to notice looking at WWE shows in the last few years is that Lilian Garcia is announcing still but they don't have her in the video games - what's up with that?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

1st AD posted:

Something I'm starting to notice looking at WWE shows in the last few years is that Lilian Garcia is announcing still but they don't have her in the video games - what's up with that?

She left to pursue a music career. Justin Roberts took her spot as lead ring announcer.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Man that would have been a great main event irl

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

This is nitpicky, but I always wished that they'd record the ring announcers from the middle of the ring or take their clean audio from an actual show. They never sound right when they're just doing it from some audio booth.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I really wish they threw in an easter egg where the ring announcer has a 1 in a 100 chance to gently caress up the name of the person or something, just like in real life.

"Making his way to the ring, your WWE World Heavyweight Champion, SETH HOLLINS!"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

I really wish they threw in an easter egg where the ring announcer has a 1 in a 100 chance to gently caress up the name of the person or something, just like in real life.

"Making his way to the ring, your WWE World Heavyweight Champion, SETH HOLLINS!"

I'd pay $5 for a "first week on the job Lilian Garcia" dlc announcer pack.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Really that's just "mailing it in after 15 years on the job" Lillian Garcia.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wonder who they'll go with now that Justin Roberts is gone. Whoever they recorded for the 2K15 DLC was pretty bad

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Hobo Clown posted:

This is nitpicky, but I always wished that they'd record the ring announcers from the middle of the ring or take their clean audio from an actual show. They never sound right when they're just doing it from some audio booth.
The last game had some audio taken from broadcasts—Cena talking on the ramp, Paige's scream, etc—and it sticks out so badly it's worse than a studio recording. You don't notice it when it's part of a TV show, but the difference in sound quality between broadcast recordings and the audio you're used to coming from a game is too great to use.

They certainly could do more to studio recordings to make them sound more live, even just a little reverb and better crowd mixing would go a long way, but using actual arena recordings isn't the way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That would be cool. There's already a ton of guys on YouTube who upload themes that have had the arena noise and crowd noise added to them, I always appreciate that.