Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Spy sent to seduce a lecherous dude shows some cleavage -- ugh this loving fanservice!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

corn in the bible posted:

Spy sent to seduce a lecherous dude shows some cleavage -- ugh this loving fanservice!!!

Even more so, a female spy in a 60's spy drama is a sexy femme fatale. Ugh, the patriarchy. Why do straight people ruin my games? Now if Eva was actually trans, her flagrant titty showing would actually be really forward thinking and progressive. Come check out my tumblr I wrote all about it

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

My favorite part of MGS was when Naomi killed herself because it was the only way to avoid Otacon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I like when Big Mama lets herself die of cancer to get away from Otacon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I liked when Big Mama walked into fire because she thought a bag of beef soup was Big Boss.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kojima likes tits. Hence why they exist in his games.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Golden Goat posted:

My favorite part of MGS was when Naomi killed herself because it was the only way to avoid Otacon.

I dunno, Sniper Wolf choosing to be shot in the face rather than hear him whine is a high point as well.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

I dunno, Sniper Wolf choosing to be shot in the face rather than hear him whine is a high point as well.

I dunno either, Naomi did literally grab his camera bot to make him watch as she killed herself.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Golden Goat posted:

I dunno either, Naomi did literally grab his camera bot to make him watch as she killed herself.

maybe kojima is actually a misandrist?!?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nah I'd do the same thing if I knew my other option was to marry Otacon. I think Kojima just hates Otakus.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's said repeatedly that Otacon is the character "most people who play the game identify with" so it makes sense that he's lonely and sad, like me.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

gently caress you kojima i don't piss my pants

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

In Training posted:

He's said repeatedly that Otacon is the character "most people who play the game identify with" so it makes sense that he's lonely and sad, like me.

lmao

Completely true.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Let me base this NPC on my beloved wife.

Oh, everyone hates her.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fuckin lol

quote:

Modern art is a recognized art period lasting from 1860–1970.

It is outdated.

It was no different from how you have finally defeated Arthas in World of Warcraft

Mmm. yes. no different at all.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

when you think about it, aren't waifus just a modern muse?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

when you think about it, aren't waifus just a modern muse?

Hatsune Miku inspired me to be the biggest, neckbeardiest, fugly, weebo known to man.

Waifu's are exactly like muses.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Otacon was probably my favorite character in MGS1. I felt his story was really quite tragic, and he was the only character who wasn't a soldier or bio weapon or ninja and he kind of felt more "grounded" than all the rest. Yeah he's a nerdy scientist. Scientists are nerds. I really felt bad for him, tricked into building a nuclear battle tank and having to watch the woman he stockholm syndrome fell in love with get shot in the face was pretty harrowing stuff, and I really was rooting for him to make it out okay. I actually prefer the ending with him and Snake than Meryl and Snake.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Otacon was probably my favorite character in MGS1. I felt his story was really quite tragic, and he was the only character who wasn't a soldier or bio weapon or ninja and he kind of felt more "grounded" than all the rest. Yeah he's a nerdy scientist. Scientists are nerds. I really felt bad for him, tricked into building a nuclear battle tank and having to watch the woman he stockholm syndrome fell in love with get shot in the face was pretty harrowing stuff, and I really was rooting for him to make it out okay. I actually prefer the ending with him and Snake than Meryl and Snake.

Otacon was some sort of crazy super nerd. Scientists are not as bad as he is.

Yeah I did prefer the ending with Otacon hugging Snake on the snow mobile.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The saddest part of MGS4 is when Otacon reveals he no longer watches anime.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

The saddest part of MGS4 is when Otacon reveals he no longer watches anime.

You know he's lying just so Snake thinks he's cooler or less of a wierdo.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Otacon is good

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Otacon is a loser, but he's the best loser.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Otacon had a hard life...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I found a weird game today and I shall post pictures of it soon, I might need help playing it.

It's for the sega saturn.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I found a weird game today and I shall post pictures of it soon, I might need help playing it.

It's for the sega saturn.

Is it Keio Flying Squadron 2

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In Training posted:

Think again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU6WbF0EEKE&t=314s

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Lol Chris Pranger, a localizer from Nintendo, was fired by dissing Xenoblade.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Desktop Dungeons is real good. Still haven't beaten any insane levels apart from dragon island.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.geek.com/games/handheld-steam-machine-available-november-10-for-299-but-ships-late-2016-1630846/

some idiot is trying to reinvent the vita for steam despite 1. all the best steam games that could run on a handheld are already on vita and 2. nobody wants the vita at 100 dollars nobody is going to want the "Smatch Zero" fmrly known as "Steamboy" at 300

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

http://www.geek.com/games/handheld-steam-machine-available-november-10-for-299-but-ships-late-2016-1630846/

some idiot is trying to reinvent the vita for steam despite 1. all the best steam games that could run on a handheld are already on vita and 2. nobody wants the vita at 100 dollars nobody is going to want the "Smatch Zero" fmrly known as "Steamboy" at 300

This is worse than the Ouya.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Jibo posted:

This is worse than the Ouya.

Yeah even i Do not want it and I buy terrible shite

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

theultimo posted:

Lol Chris Pranger, a localizer from Nintendo, was fired by dissing Xenoblade.

I would like to know more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe i'm too harsh here. surely the west could support a handheld by itself in 2015 up against nvidia tablets.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
as long as you're not allergic to anime the vita is great we already have over 10 games for it including Don't Starve which is bomb as gently caress to play on the go

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I would like to know more
He didn't diss it, he just gave an explanation for why localizing everything isn't always profitable. Part of it was focused on Xenoblade, which only made it to the US because Nintendo of Europe translated it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he was probably fired because nintendo employees aren't supposed to say anything without boss approval on both sides of the pacific

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
NoA wouldn't even release Devil's Third until people complained on the internet, even though it was already getting localized for Europe.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Broseph Brostar posted:

NoA wouldn't even release Devil's Third until people complained on the internet, even though it was already getting localized for Europe.

this drives me loving insane

if you're already gonna translate it why would you not release it in america, do you hate money nintendo? and other companies that have done this poo poo before. shenmue 2, i'm looking at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACFynCVApZ8

precision posted:

this drives me loving insane

if you're already gonna translate it why would you not release it in america, do you hate money nintendo? and other companies that have done this poo poo before. shenmue 2, i'm looking at you.
They probably have to pay NOE for the translation and internal politics and who gets credit and infighting and big bureaucracies blah blah

• Locked thread