Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cleretic posted:

It may not be accurate, but I wouldn't put it past MGS3 Ocelot to be wearing a bandolier of rifle rounds while using revolvers. He doesn't exactly have a good balance of cool vs. practical.
It is accurate, in the scene where he does the infamous :ocelot: or the ~MROWR~, he is wearing a bandolier full of .45 Colt cartridges which are pretty decently big (~1.6" long). They're not supposed to be .45 rifle cartridges, (2.5" long) but I'm guessing that's what happened here?

Also it's based on a character design/in-game rendering sophistication from over 10 years ago.

e:

Saint Freak posted:

He doesn't carry any extra pistol ammo. Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves.
That's when he's a lot older, and he still does have a small bandolier in his character design from MGS1. I can't even remember if he was on the Single Action Army by the later part of MGS3.

Kenny Logins has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Ocelot does not have a bitchy enough face, Ocelto always looks like he's smelling dogshit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

He doesn't carry any extra pistol ammo. Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves.

12, 6 X 2.

:goonsay:

Danger zone!

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Aug 12, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kenny Logins posted:

It is accurate, in the scene where he does the infamous :ocelot: or the ~MROWR~, he is wearing a bandolier full of .45 Colt cartridges which are pretty decently big (~1.6" long). They're not supposed to be .45 rifle cartridges, (2.5" long) but I'm guessing that's what happened here?

Also it's based on a character design/in-game rendering sophistication from over 10 years ago.

e:

That's when he's a lot older, and he still does have a small bandolier in his character design from MGS1. I can't even remember if he was on the Single Action Army by the later part of MGS3.

He starts using the SAA after his first meeting with Snake, he always has 2 with him but only uses 1.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kenny Logins posted:

Yup. He actually gets the SAA fairly early in the game, he only has one appearance where he has the Makarov, until it jams and Snake tells him to get a revolver instead.

So Colt .45 rounds would make sense, even if those are clearly not Colt .45s

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I own a .45 colt revolver. You are never going to confuse that round with a rifle round.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

VendaGoat posted:

I own a .45 colt revolver. You are never going to confuse that round with a rifle round.

Do they make a SAA in 30-30?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Do they make a SAA in 30-30?

Here is the answer to the question of, "Do they make that, in this?" when it comes to guns.

"How much are you willing to spend?"

So we actually have some cosplay during this derail. Have a splicer.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

EmmyOk posted:

He starts using the SAA after his first meeting with Snake, he always has 2 with him but only uses 1.
That's it, then. I remember the early switch to revolver(s), but didn't remember if it was (2x) SAA specifically.

VendaGoat posted:

12, 6 X 2.

Danger zone!
Nice.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

VendaGoat posted:

Here is the answer to the question of, "Do they make that, in this?" when it comes to guns.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

VendaGoat posted:

That is the laziest Groot cosplay I've ever seen.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

VendaGoat posted:

That's some really strange Kill List cosplay you've got there.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Wait, is this motherfucker standing at a dutch angle? Now that's dutch!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I knew that picture would evoke a response. :puppetmaster:

Muwhahahah Dance Monkeys!

:v:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Bean posted:

Wait, is this motherfucker standing at a dutch angle? Now that's dutch!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

VendaGoat posted:

Hello I am a gun Nerd, this is my post.

Why are there rifle rounds on the bandolier and not pistol ammunition?

Is this accurate? (looked it up, it is not. MY IMMERSION! :qqsay:)

This :spergin: brought to you by Smith & Wesson.

Look at this scrub who doesn't use revolvers chambered for rifle ammo.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKOn_drsMA

This guy made the Elite Knight Set from Dark Souls over the course of 8 months.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Black Mage Knight posted:

Well, I feel confident in saying that that is the best cosplay I have seen or ever will see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, man. That's great and it my favorite armor in that game.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Now he just needs to spray paint the whole thing red, and then run around stabbing random people, and throwing poop at them.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Took us long enough, jeez.

Guitar is next.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So. Honest question. Even if I can supply my own horse teeth how much would a full-on Immortan Joe cosplay cost?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
:stare:

...how much would that thing cost if you calculated the hours? That might be the most valuable thing the guy possesses.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly that's probably true of all high-quality, high-effort cosplay

but yeah that owns

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Man I wish I had the know-how and equipment to do cool poo poo like this and the motivation to put it to good use.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Someone should do this, but with that guy from Deadly Premonitions or whatever that game was.

SHAAAUUUUN

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Someone should do this, but with that guy from Deadly Premonitions or whatever that game was.

SHAAAUUUUN

literally the same person from the same game

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Alaois posted:

literally the same person from the same game

gently caress

In my defense I've never played the game myself so I don't really remember the outfit.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tracula posted:

So. Honest question. Even if I can supply my own horse teeth how much would a full-on Immortan Joe cosplay cost?

It depends, do you have access to anything that can be used to mold and cast acrylic?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tarezax posted:

SHAAAUUUUN

Now I have to watch that video again and laugh until I hurt myself.

I hope you're happy.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

No SunnyD bottle. 7/10. :colbert:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Not showing her tits so there is no way to judge this /sarcasm

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jynx has no tits so it doesn't matter .
Because it matters for every other female costume

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Tracula posted:

There's a thread at the Replica Prop Forum (not sure if a membership is necessary to read it) where they're going into great detail to identify all of the pieces: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240451

Short version, on top of the mask you'd have to buy a bunch of vintage auto namebadges and hard-to-find pins and patches (or 3D-print copies of them), old Nokia circuit boards, various nuts and bolts, pistons, bicycle chain... The clear armor itself is probably easiest to make from transparent thermoplastic Worbla (~$100 for one torso-sized sheet, probably need a couple) molded over Roman muscle armor ($70 on Amazon). And then there's the boots, the bellows attached to the mask, and the guns/holsters...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Inzombiac posted:

Jynx has no tits so it doesn't matter .
Because it matters for every other female costume

I don't recognize the character, but I assume she's doing it well. What is she from?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

New Leaf posted:

I don't recognize the character, but I assume she's doing it well. What is she from?

Jinx, from League of Legends.

Not to be confused with Jynx, from Pokemon.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

New Leaf posted:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jinx/SkinsTrivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Hremsfeld posted:

Jinx, from League of Legends.

Not to be confused with Jynx, from Pokemon.

They look the same to me.

• Locked thread