Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I never liked Constantine being in the DC universe because holy poo poo is it dark plus the Christian background weirdly gibes with literal Greek Gods running around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Doesn't the DC world just have "God" and angels? Like wasn't there an actual angel in the Justice League and the Spectre's actual official explanation is "God's avenging angel"?

They just call him "The Entity" or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't even like wrestling but everything Amell did is awesome. And the Diggle sign just about killed me.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Bad Moon posted:

I never liked Constantine being in the DC universe because holy poo poo is it dark plus the Christian background weirdly gibes with literal Greek Gods running around

STAC Goat posted:

Doesn't the DC world just have "God" and angels? Like wasn't there an actual angel in the Justice League and the Spectre's actual official explanation is "God's avenging angel"?

The DC universe, at large, has a lot of faiths represented by actual figures of their respective lores, and most of the time company policy regarding how to resolve the obvious ramifications and implications was to do nothing whatsoever and quietly ignore it. A few events have been based on pantheons going to war with each other, but you rarely if ever see like, Wonder Woman being protested for the fact her apparent existence is itself blasphemous.

In general though, its inconsistent to the point that you just kinda have to accept it as a thing. Vertigo was especially problematic in this regard because the ambiguous nature of how closely related it was to the DC mainstream meant that writers were far less concerned about playing politically correct and/or ambiguous, but that resulted in stuff like gods needing belief to maintain power because they're just ~ideas~ and otherwise they can just be hunted down and killed (nevermind the Olympians run around fine), God actually having been split in two and His evil half tried - and succeeded - to re-unite with the good half, but then also God retiring and handing over the reins of the cosmos to like, his granddaughter or something?

In that sense I do hope they keep Constantine's side of affairs more ambiguous on Arrow, just to avoid the confusion.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Actually no I take it back Season 3 wasn't where the show went downhill it was when the episode after Moira's death opened with her funeral instead of Thea asking Oliver what the hell just happened and learning everything. That was the precursor to everyone hiding Sara's death from Lance.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

STAC Goat posted:

The Presence. Spectre is the manifestation of God's Vengeance (explicitly not an angel)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am hyped as hell for Arrow now

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Jesus yes. We were watching this live in the Raw GDT, and he went over the barricade and into the ring like a high flyer. Plus, his spear and interview afterwards was pretty amazing.

They'll reduce the time he spends in the ring and tightly script everything, so it should be fun. :)

The wrestling thread seems pretty meh about it, but mostly hoping its a better celeb match then some of the previous ones. Amell is extremely fit and has a ton of experience doing his own stunts and fight scenes so he knows how to make a fight look amazing. All he needs is a couple of weeks of wrestling training for a great show. He's not going to be pulling off any crazy flips but he'll definitely be able to handle medium level moves you'd expect from a rookie wrestler.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Phylodox posted:

This is good news!

But, again, will White Driver be there, too?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Gaz-L posted:

Neville is relatively small, but Amell [...] over 6 feet, so it's a little deceptive there.

Huh, I wouldn't have guessed that about Arnell. For some reason I thought he was just "average" height. :shrug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

IIRC, he was Mirakuru'ed up and then got hit with Chemicals and had a building fall on him or something.

He could very easily not be dead.

Or he could be dead, but then revived.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving Amell, i hate wrestling but that's some funny poo poo.

He's a ultra competitive man child.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pentyne posted:

The wrestling thread seems pretty meh about it, but mostly hoping its a better celeb match then some of the previous ones.

Oh, I meant the GDT! Don't look at the aftermath threads, everything is terrible in them.

:v:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Amell is just delightful to watch. He's a down to earth guy using his success to fuel all of his childhood dreams and it looks like a blast.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Levantine posted:

Amell is just delightful to watch. He's a down to earth guy using his success to fuel all of his childhood dreams and it looks like a blast.

That's pretty much his life and honestly good for him for doing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

You left off professional baseball player.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would have also put "Starting quarterback" and "Marry a model" if the site let me make it any longer.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Given how much he talked about doing Ninja Challange, ninja should also be on that list.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Technically it already is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Celebrities running Ninja Warrior is always funny because they spend so long hyping it, and then they usually go down to like the 3rd obstacle.

Like Amell can do a salmon ladder, but I doubt he works on grip strength stuff.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

I would have also put "Starting quarterback" and "Marry a model" if the site let me make it any longer.

Amell's wife was on America's next top model and I'm sure he could start in the CFL if he wanted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know, they would have been crossed out!

(The quarterback thing is from Blue Mountain State.)

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

sbaldrick posted:

Amell's wife was on America's next top model and I'm sure he could start in the CFL if he wanted.

Oh, THAT'S who she is! She was one of the sad poor babies that didn't like their makeover. I knew I recognized her from something.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I just had a perfect idea for.how to bring in Constantine.

Have him show up in the present day plot line meeting Ollie for the first time.
Then in the Flashback part show Thea Queen spending a load of money to hire famed magician John Constantine to find her brother. (Like how psychics are sometimes hired to find missing people.)

The flashback plot can be that Constantine does find Ollie, but knows that it's better for him to stay lost and become a hero rather than being him home early.

So he takes Thea's money and tells her Oliver Queen is dead.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Have the episode before Constantine end with the gang like "Oi bloody hell mate, what do we do!!!!" and then have someone pull out a card, show it to everyone else, put it down on the desk next to a phone and then pan and rotate on to the card playing the Constantine intro theme showing its his business card. Then spend the whole week plugging the next episode

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's already been stated how Constantine will fit into all of this

He helps bring Sara back.

quote:

Said Mericle, of Constantine’s role on Arrow, “It was born more out of the storyline for Sara Lance. We needed someone to come in and help bring her back. He felt like the most exciting possibility and we’re just thrilled to get him. He brings such a different element to the show.”

So, it seems that Sara coming back isn't going to be as simple as a quick dip into the Lazarus Pit.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 13, 2015

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What about Ray, didn't he blow up too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ray just shrunk but everyone assumes he was killed in an explosion.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

What about Ray, didn't he blow up too?

That explosion was blue, which clearly meant it was the give-super-powers kind, not the make-dead kind.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He slept the explosion off.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Whizbang posted:

He slept the explosion off.

After drinking some penicillin tea.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It gave him magical vegan powers

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Bad Moon posted:

It gave him magical vegan powers

Gelatin isn't vegan?

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Kingtheninja posted:

Gelatin isn't vegan?

...chicken isn't vegan?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Vegans aren't vegan?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Vegans aren't vegan?

Much like the rest of us, they too are made of meat.

Still delicious though

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
This could be interesting (spoilers about the Quiver)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mcswizzle posted:

That table is beginning to look like another table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

mcswizzle posted:

That totally doesn't look like a proto-JLA bunker guys :v:

• Locked thread