Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yes.

Also, just to be thorough:

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Abdelkader
Johansson - Fisher - Hagelin

OEL - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson - Savard

Lack

Coach: AV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

OK, it's a real tough choice between two guys but I'm gonna take Dmitrj Jaskin. Still on an ELC, 13 goals and awesome possession stats in limited time, isn't the best defensively but isn't bad and hits and is a mean fucker. He can play up and down the lineup and he's tough to knock off the puck. He will play with Girgensons on the third line for now.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
You complete fuckhead, Jaskin was going to be my pick, motherfucker!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

You complete fuckhead, Jaskin was going to be my pick, motherfucker!

Aw yeah

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

VJeff posted:

Yes.

Also, just to be thorough:

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Abdelkader
Johansson - Fisher - Hagelin

OEL - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson - Savard

Lack

Coach: AV

I like everything from your D on down, but your top-6 feels like it has at best 4 top-6 players, two of whom are injury risks and/or could soon age out of their top-6 slot. A reason why I think you could have been better served by getting a young forward with top-6 potential or a proven tweener or something to either fill the gap as necessary or step in and earn their role going forward.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

paulocaust is up, is he currently banned/probated or is he able to pick?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Menamino posted:

paulocaust is up, is he currently banned/probated or is he able to pick?

nope

I'll take David Rundblad because I'm stupid and he's cheap and he has good fancy stats and the high priced garbage idiot d-man i want to eat minutes should still be around next round

Gaudreau-MacKinnon-Oshie
Marleau-Backes-Ryan
?-?-Palmieri

Myers-Phaneuf
Rundblad-?

Price

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, you can never have too many centers, I'm going to take Dylan Strome. He's an excellent scorer and has a bit of two-way play in his game. Almost any other draft year a player of his caliber probably would have gone first overall. Given a couple years he could end up being an excellent replacement on my team for Henrik Sedin. In the mean time I'm probably going to play him, Eakin, or Backlund at 2LW and put the other two on the third line together, though really it's going to be quite fluid on the middle two lines.

I guess if I end up putting Strome with Little and Iginla he should get more chance to succeed in the offensive zone:

Jakub Voracek - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Kane
Dylan Strome - Bryan Little - Jarome Iginla
? - Mikael Backlund - Cody Eakin

Sami Vatanen - Andrei Markov
? - Morgan Rielly

Semyon Varlamov

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh so its back to me again eh? Well I was going to pick Strome but mentholmoose is a jerk so I will go with my backup pick at C which is one Brandon Pirri. He is a very respectable 3C that has good enough fancy stats and is only 24, though this does put him at the end of his current contract. Plus his name is fun to say. This might let me move Wingels back to wing since Sharks fans keep telling me hes not a very good C anyway?

e: menamino is up next!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Oh so its back to me again eh? Well I was going to pick Strome but mentholmoose is a jerk so I will go with my backup pick at C which is one Brandon Pirri. He is a very respectable 3C that has good enough fancy stats and is only 24, though this does put him at the end of his current contract. Plus his name is fun to say. This might let me move Wingels back to wing since Sharks fans keep telling me hes not a very good C anyway?

It's not that Wingels isn't a very good C, but that he isn't a C at all.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Habibi posted:

It's not that Wingels isn't a very good C, but that he isn't a C at all.

Oh sure, next you will tell me Brent Burns isnt a D.

He played C in Worcester. :colbert:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Dude had a lot of goals last year and I thought about him, but he is a very one dimensional player. Killer shot and gets open pretty well, but a 3C has to be more than that. He's really bad defensively, I would consider moving him to wing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

He wasnt real bad defensively, but he wasnt exactly great at it either. I have one other player in mind that, if he lasts another 40 picks, I can take that would let me move Pirri to wing. I wont be upset if I cant though, he is still p good.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

He wasnt real bad defensively, but he wasnt exactly great at it either. I have one other player in mind that, if he lasts another 40 picks, I can take that would let me move Pirri to wing. I wont be upset if I cant though, he is still p good.

OK, exaggerated a little, but he doesn't get back up ice well and he has a lot of work to do in order to become a viable 3C.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Oh sure, next you will tell me Brent Burns isnt a D.

He played C in Worcester. :colbert:

He played goalie in middle school field hockey.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Phone posting, can't access the sheet right now but I was debating between strome and marner for this pick and since one was just taken I'm gonna assume I didn't screw up before and mitch marner was still available

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Menamino posted:

Phone posting, can't access the sheet right now but I was debating between strome and marner for this pick and since one was just taken I'm gonna assume I didn't screw up before and mitch marner was still available

NM I just thought I did whoops

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So turns out the other guy i wanted didn't get picked

And given he's a dman, probably because he isn't that good, but in my attempts to have four solid puck movers at a reasonable deal since i'm pretty capped out already....

Good lord i want to cry.

Nathan Beaulieu

God save my defense.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

l believe zbynek michalek is still available and so the oilers will take that dude

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I think we need to start skipping people faster.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the sharks corsi pick was up as of 8:37 pm last night, and so habibi's window started at 10:37 am

the highest corsi dude these eyes do spy is LW Jeremy Morin, and so the sharks get him

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Phone posting with no details but I guess I'll take that creepy as gently caress Michael del Zotto.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Habibi posted:

Phone posting with no details but I guess I'll take that creepy as gently caress Michael del Zotto.

auhg

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rc cola on the clock

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Habibi posted:

Dammit. Was hoping his new contract would scare people away.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
OK one sec

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
It Andrew Shaw still open? If people consider him a poo poo bag I'll take him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i know he speared a dude once, so he's all yours.

T-Bone up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

It Andrew Shaw still open? If people consider him a poo poo bag I'll take him

I debated taking him over Pirri but I wanted someone that I could slot into C if picking got thin down the road for a 3C/4C and Ive seen way too many games with Shaw at C to have that kind of faith in him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pirri had the best stat line last season.

gently caress passing.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Let's keep suppressing shots and not scoring: Travis Zajac

E.Staal-J.Staal-?
JVR-Henrique-Ehlers
?-Zajac-Burmistrov

Karlsson-DeKeyser
Pouliot-Murray

Rask

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 14, 2015

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ginette wants Chris Kunitz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, T-Bone, how're you liking the av I got you

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
outstanding, thanks man.

Did you know the guy who played Kruger died last year :(

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I want Matt Irwin to play on my team because I need a lefty and he seems ok

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

Let's keep suppressing shots and not scoring: Travis Zajac

E.Staal-J.Staal-?
JVR-Henrique-Ehlers
?-Zajac-Burmistrov

Karlsson-DeKeyser
Pouliot-Murray

Rask

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Los Angeles Kings select LW Erik Haula'

go starsfan go

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Florida Panthers select RW Melker Karlsson

Karlsson was playing on the Sharks' top line for the most part last season, playing almost 70% of his total minutes at even strength with Thornton and Pavelski. I'm going to take a chance on a guy the Sharks seem really high on, and if nothing else he should put up some goals and assists playing with guys like that - most of the projections on lineups have him right back on the first line to start next season.

I wouldn't be shocked if my next two picks are also forwards, I'm finding there's a real crunch on talented middle 6 forwards right now.

**Lazerwolf is up now.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 15, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Most projections only have him on the top line because Doug Wilson never got an actual top line winger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tofes posted:

Most projections only have him on the top line because Doug Wilson never got an actual top line winger

no argument there.

• Locked thread