Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Luma is a child, not a pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Duck Hunt is a team, the dog and duck are inseparable.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously though don't charge smash attacks when your opponent can still attack, even if you're at low damage. That video is just the weird intersection of 1. Rage mechanic 2. You get knocked back farther when you're charging a smash attack 3. Luma's up-tilt has high knockback already.

I'm pretty sure there's some numbers or something in this equation that are hosed up on accident that makes this happen, because none of that should add up to what we get.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Mewtwo tech.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

samus is so loving shtity i cant believe they greenlight all these ideas that JAB does nothing and her fsmash is so poo poo lol it goes through the opponent wheres the hitbox? sakurai/ bandai SPAMCO are dumb as hell we need some refreshing faces in the smash scene someone that takes their job seriously and that lvoes the game.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

bef posted:

samus is so loving shtity i cant believe they greenlight all these ideas that JAB does nothing and her fsmash is so poo poo lol it goes through the opponent wheres the hitbox? sakurai/ bandai SPAMCO are dumb as hell we need some refreshing faces in the smash scene someone that takes their job seriously and that lvoes the game.

Ok, so I used an attack with a character, and I thought it hit, but it missed?! What gives?!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bef posted:

:yeah:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yo Luma shouldn't kill bowser at 0% no matter what the situation is, that's absurd.
yo that was a funny video but no bowser with a brain would let them happen to them any more than one single time in their life and it's not really representative of smash game balance

it's just a funny fuckup

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 13, 2015

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
If you are playing against a puppet character and the puppet is still active and you get mad when it hits you, You Are Bad.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Please do not denigrate Zelda's Stand, 「Phantom Slash」, by describing it as a "pet".

You just made me like Zelda

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Aston posted:

Ok, so I used an attack with a character, and I thought it hit, but it missed?! What gives?!

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
I wish mewtwo is good, dude's stylin so hard but his poo poo sucks.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Duck Hunt is a team, the dog and duck are inseparable.

Actually if you've ever used ftilt you would know this is NOT true.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

Spectral Debt posted:

I wish mewtwo is good, dude's stylin so hard but his poo poo sucks.

Side-B forever

read the DI and punish with the appropriate huge attack (the appropriate huge attack may be down b)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mewtwo is a pacifist please do not make Mewtwo hurt his friends

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Mewtwo's closest friend is Dark Pit, which I think says more than enough

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

His closest friend is Pikachu because the anime is cannon

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nobody is allowed to be mean to my friend Mewtwo.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

Mewtwo's closest friend is Dark Pit, which I think says more than enough

Dark Pit is my friend, as well

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Enough! None of these characters are your friends! Roy is not your boy! Samus is not my girlfriend!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

net cafe scandal posted:

Enough! None of these characters are your friends! Roy is not your boy! Samus is not my girlfriend!

drat right im not!!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

net cafe scandal posted:

That's right, she's my wife

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Tonetta posted:

drat right im not!!

You're not my wife

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My god. A light character dies to Ganondorf's freakin up tilt at 20% near the ledge. Something is wrong.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

cool im glad that the samus baby cry video spawned a parody video

i typed the above sentence before watching the video

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow who could have imagined that a Smash game not associated with the Project M dev team would have crippling balance issues and a general pervasive sense of retardation. By the way I was being sarcastic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I'm pretty sure there's some numbers or something in this equation that are hosed up on accident that makes this happen, because none of that should add up to what we get.
Maybe, yeah. There are odd edge-cases like that a lot in Smash.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I don't get why people think everyone needs a throw combo. Especially in Mewtwo's case, he has the most powerful up throw in the game, and probably the second strongest back throw. His throws are good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Wow who could have imagined that a Smash game not associated with the Project M dev team would have crippling balance issues and a general pervasive sense of retardation. By the way I was being sarcastic.

someone play project m with me when i get home from work tonight

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i havent played it for any meaningful period of time since smash 4 wii u came out and im so upset

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

someone play project m with me when i get home from work tonight

i forgot how to set it up when 3.6b came out

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Mewtwo's still a pretty good character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cloofish posted:

I don't get why people think everyone needs a throw combo. Especially in Mewtwo's case, he has the most powerful up throw in the game, and probably the second strongest back throw. His throws are good.

They're fun

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i forgot how to set it up when 3.6b came out

please

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cloofish posted:

charizard's up-throw is better and his down-throw combos

ness' back-throw is stronger and down-throw fair fair is power

throw combos are kind of important in a game where defense is always the best option

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Yeah if you don't have a good throw followup then dudes can just shield your approach and laugh at you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I bet I would have an awesome time playing Project M with my pal sharkkk. Well, bye guys.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

bef posted:

Samus is good, you just haven't figured her out at all. She's not top-tier but unless you're a tournament winning player, if you're sucking with her it's not Samus it's you.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

The Goonsmash weekly tournament is going to be this Sunday at 5 pm est. All the fights will be done through the irc channel. Quote this or find me on the irc if you want to sign up.

Rules and bracket: http://challonge.com/goonsmash3

IRC channel: #goonsmash on synIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The soundtrack pics for the Fire Emblem Arena are disproportionately great for how much that stage sucks, but I wish there was a version of the Awakening songs without the Ablaze version, or better yet, one that segued into the Ablaze version at the climactic moments of the song

• Locked thread