Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

McNally posted:

A dude I went to basic with is saying on Facebook that some SSG emailed his personal problems to almost everybody in the Army (with the requisite hundreds of "reply all" responses).

Someone who is still in needs to investigate this.

holy poo poo im dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
I've received more emails (of the STOP HITTING REPLY ALL YOU BASTARDS type) in the last day than I have in the last 7 years. This is glorious.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

heres what i found online so far

quote:

"A LTC hit reply all to a ****** all email and accidentally sent a E-7s NCOER to everyone at ******"
- S6 why cant you do your job and fix Outlook so this poo poo doesnt happen o.0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ok well Army has a subreddit

because of course it does

https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/3gfrcf/anyone_else_get_this_mail_from_ssg_k/

quote:

Don't upvote if I'm alone in this, but I got a random email addressed to what looks like a VERY large mailing distro list talking about this dude and his issues.
If you're reading this SSG, good luck with your debts! Also watch that 'to' field bro!

quote:

There was some idiot MSG who sent out an invite to karaoke night in Kabul...to every American in Kabul. GEN Dunford's CSM replied all that if anyone had time for karaoke nights during a war then they didn't have enough to do and he would send them home.

quote:

I had over 200 emails. The replies are golden: either completely illiterate or all-caps angry emails. One CW2 told everyone replying that they were making things worse, then signed off with "have a wonderful Army day." This is great entertainment.

quote:

I HAVE PCSD AND AM NO LONGER WITH THAT UNIT. PLEASE REMOVE
V/R

quote:

ALCON, An email was inadvertently sent to an Army-wide distribution list earlier this morning, and the resultant email traffic is causing severe delays and outages across Active and Reserve component enterprise email gateways. If you receive one or more emails with the subject " Question's" or containing an addressee named "usarmy.pentagon.hqda.list.mailbox-size-limits2", delete the email immediately. Please do not reply to the email or any associated message. ARCYBER has been notified This needs to be disseminated to the lowest echelon

quote:

The highest ranking was a LTC. I saw a few MSG's, a lot of 1LT's and PFC's. But one LTC and one MAJ were the two highest ranking to respond when I last checked. I always enjoy when brass is stupid and it's more embarrassing to them than it is painful for me.

I NEED TO FIND THIS LETTER

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I NEED TO FIND THIS LETTER

The subject line is "Question's" just search for that.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Someone else reply all'd and was talking about how it's totally a phishing email and that everyone needs to delete is because they'll get hacked or something this is amazing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

That distro has over 10,000 emails on it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

The subject line is "Question's" just search for that.
i google imaged searched "questions army email ncoer ssg" but then i saw army powerpoint slides and i got triggered

just post it here man

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Can't find the original but this is the best reply so far.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i google imaged searched "questions army email ncoer ssg" but then i saw army powerpoint slides and i got triggered

just post it here man

gonna pm it because it does have some personal-ish info in it and idk about posting it live

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

someone will be hosed out of the army for that

worth it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Geirskogul posted:

This is the best poo poo ever

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

This is actually better than the original

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

This is actually better than the original

yeah

that dude has got himself some problems

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
im just glad im not drinking tonight because i would have reply all'd

"alcon

omg this is amazing lolololol

v/r
spc [cashflow]"

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The original email is just kind of sad. Dude has some financial problems and a sick wife and was just trying to talk to someone in his command about it. He tried to recall the email a few times, but we all know how well that worked. Most of the responses are along the lines of "I don't know why I am on this distro, please remove," but some of them are pretty great.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Some reddit guy suggested that someone brave should reply all with a large attachment and tag the email //SECRET//. There has to be a way to do this with a proxy or some nerd computer poo poo because it would stir the pot so awesomely well.

This has been the best thing to happen to the military this year.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is this going through AKO? That thing was a mind-shattering poo poo show when I had to use it and a reply all feature to the entire Army is exactly what I would expect from there.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Some Chinese hacker gently caress (who probably has access) should reply with a .cn email, to watch it all burn.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kiryen posted:

Lol 14 day ATs. I haven't seen one less than 21 days since 2010.

Yeah, they wouldn't actually approve funding for anything more. Probably because they knew we weren't actually doing anything.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It only took a single email to everyone to overload the army servers, and enough people thought they could be the hero to say "DON'T HIT REPLY ALL" to crash the entire thing. It's beautiful.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I have 174 new messages today.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh boy I know what we'll be talking about in network security classes today....

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone will be hosed out of the army for that

worth it

Information wareness.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

We had some similar poo poo happen in RC-E last year. Some loving DA civilian sent out a message to everyone with a mailbox located at the data center on BAF and it resulted in about 3 days of

Please remove me from this distro list.

With much respect,

SGM Brian McFuck
G3 Equal Opportunity Representative
3rd BDE, 10th MTN
"WINTER SOLDIERS!"

Jesus is my savior and my shining light. Warriors of God vanquish the nonbelievers with steel. Hooah!

e: My favorite so far:

quote:

I have been getting a alwful lot of traffic in my inbox with your address as the sender I believe we have had a breech on the NIPER mail system

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 11, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
butters cole what unit in 101st were you in / when?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

butters cole what unit in 101st were you in / when?

Cole's on vacation for poking the bear again

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
This is the best day in the army ever, suck my dick from the back army.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Cole's on vacation for poking the bear again

Why the gently caress do people post in that thread

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the helipad opening bottles. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm loving retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire bottle openers on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to pop bottles from above and pop bottles needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
gently caress the army

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Offered without comment:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Should have been "Rapid Erecting Antenna Mast" imo

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
I was the one that posted that karaoke night in Kabul story. The crazy thing was that it wasn't a distro. Everyone's name was in there individually.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Just want to say, I love these stories of clusterfucking almost as much as you all probably do & ty for posting them. I was allllllllll about being in the army when i was a little kid and then i decided not to because iraq 2.0 was going on. I did go running with my college's ROTC class in '08 for exercise and I wondered how many of them wearing that stupid as poo poo gravel pit camo were going to end up dead/limbless/shooting themselves in a VA clinic.

Anyway getting that degree instead was probably best decision I ever made. so that's my story :tipshat:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the helipad opening bottles. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm loving retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire bottle openers on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to pop bottles from above and pop bottles needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

This is so funny. Did you make that up?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

I wondered how many of them wearing that stupid as poo poo gravel pit camo were going to end up dead/limbless/shooting themselves in a VA clinic.

It shoulda been you. :colbert:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Multicam is p. good tho

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Unless it gives you loving superpowers, it's still an army uniform and therefore poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I wonder if it would be worth it to modify the acu pants to have a zipper instead of these loving buttons.

• Locked thread