Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Taliaferro and Gray got a ton of looks. Yay preseason.

2014 preseason

Cowboys, 0-4 with Demarco Murray tallying up 52 yards on 14 carries for 3.7 ypc.
Steelers, 1-3 with Le'Veon Bell tallying up 60 yards on 18 carries for 3.3 ypc.

draft accordingly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

Niles Paul dislocated his ankle. :rip: one of my sleeper TE candidates.

I still don't trust Jordan Reed with his concussion history.

At this point I am not convinced you should trust any Redskin beyond Morris.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
IIRC Reed is already hurt.

Also I don't mind Garçon as a WR3/4.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Desean Jackson is great in best ball

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point I am not convinced you should trust any Redskin beyond Morris.

I'm not, but this

Cervixalot posted:

Desean Jackson is great in best ball

Is sound advice if you're into that kind of thing

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also I don't mind Garçon as a WR3/4.

I have him as a potential 15th round keeper in a 2WR / W/T / W/R/T league, and I would absolutely keep him at that value, but I can only keep 3 and I have Hill in the 10th, Charles in the 12th, and Anderson in the 17th. Not to mention that I'd also keep Hopkins in the 18th over him as well, but honestly, last year his catch rate was really down even though he saw less targets than a year before. I think he's a prime bounce-back candidate, and I could definitely see him put up WR3 numbers in a 12 team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I have him as a potential 15th round keeper in a 2WR / W/T / W/R/T league, and I would absolutely keep him at that value, but I can only keep 3 and I have Hill in the 10th, Charles in the 12th, and Anderson in the 17th. Not to mention that I'd also keep Hopkins in the 18th over him as well, but honestly, last year his catch rate was really down even though he saw less targets than a year before. I think he's a prime bounce-back candidate, and I could definitely see him put up WR3 numbers in a 12 team.

I would give serious consideration towards keeping Hopkins over Charles or Anderson in that situation.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
PRESEASON

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would give serious consideration towards keeping Hopkins over Charles or Anderson in that situation.
okay now you're just being silly

e: oh wait he only starts one RB? well then maybe so :shrug:

Varg fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 14, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

Niles Paul dislocated his ankle. :rip: one of my sleeper TE candidates.

I still don't trust Jordan Reed with his concussion history.

I saw him beating on Texans on hard knocks, he deserved to mess his ankle up :twisted:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

You guys hear that? That's what the sound of Abdullah's ADP shooting up.

HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE OUR SECRET! :colbert:

Abdullah didn't really look all that impressive though. Most of those numbers came in a couple of big plays.

Is what I will be telling people who mention him.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Abdullah is basically tailor made to be everything I look for in a rookie running back. He's a pass-catching every-down SPARQ monster on a good offense who broke out young and produced big currently competing only with Joique (who I hate and go on rants about every few months in these forums).

I'd say that seeing him squirm through minute gaps with some seriously ferocious cuts made me even more hyped, but I already planted my flag last week that he'll be the best redraft rookie this year so I literally can't rate him more highly than I have already.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Agreed. He's a super bursty scatback that will definitely pick up yards in the passing game. Stupid Joique Bell went from being a small school darling feel good story making the Lions and solidifying his position on a NFL team, and now I hate his stupid handcuff face.

Also I love that people are paying more attention to SPARQ training now. It's a great, vanilla testing program that mimics standard NSCA guidelines. Too many people were paying attention to 40 times and bench press, which are terrible ways to measure a player's athleticism if taken alone. There are downsides, like how reaction testing can't really reproduce ingame reaction speed, so the yoyo test is kinda useless in my opinion, and that they still weigh the 40 time equally with the rest of the tests, but overall it's good to see that more people are realizing how important agility and explosive power are in football for pretty much every skill position.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Early draft done, what do ya'll think? 14 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX. Starters in bold, flex will probably be Kelce until one of the bench RBs/WRs breaks out.

Philip Rivers
Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Matt Jones
T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett
Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RVProfootballer posted:

Early draft done, what do ya'll think? 14 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX. Starters in bold, flex will probably be Kelce until one of the bench RBs/WRs breaks out.

Philip Rivers

Those RBs are pretty rough; all four besides Charles could end up being nothing this year. I would have skipped one of those fliers and taken Knile Davis since if Charles goes down, you are doomed.

Maclin is on my do not draft list, but other than that it's OK for a 14 teamer. You're in bad shape on the Colts bye week though!

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Pretty good, main misstep is not getting another rb in the spot you got Graham or Kelce

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

ZIGfried posted:

Pretty good, main misstep is not getting another rb in the spot you got Graham or Kelce

I agree.

#1 too many colts
#2 RB depth is weak, don't need both those TE

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I agree.

#1 too many colts

Seeing as Graham and Kelce are 2 of the 4 TEs (Gronk & Olsen) that have any value above whatever you can get off the waivers, does that make them good trade bait?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Reik posted:

Seeing as Graham and Kelce are 2 of the 4 TEs (Gronk & Olsen) that have any value above whatever you can get off the waivers, does that make them good trade bait?

Only if you sell high. If Graham produces like he did in NO (I'd give it a 50/50 chance), then he and Gronk are definite trade bait. Olsen and Kelce are boarderline guys who will only be valuable if they really blow up (admittedly, they have better odds than most other TEs).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Philip Rivers

Strengths: I like the early picks. JCharles is probably my 1.1 in a league with those settings, and I'd be thrilled to get TY in the late second in half-ppr (I'm guessing you had a pick somewhere around 2-4?). Graham/Maclin/Kelce/Martin/Rivers/Wallace seems like one too many mid-round picks for 14-team so you clearly got some value somewhere. Duke has good upside in ppr leagues if you got him late (maybe somewhere around Gio/Woodhead if you're lucky, Helu/Sproles range being more likely outcome this year).

Weaknesses: Getting both Kelce and Graham was a significant error. They only hold value because they can fill a required TE slot - at the flex, Kelce is likely to be outscored by Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin or Allen Robinson in half-ppr, who all usually go multiple rounds later and can also fill bye-weeks for the 3 WR spots. You would have been better off taking Nuke or Cooks or JMathews than Graham, and once you had Graham, significantly better off taking like Golden Tate or DJax or Yeldon than Kelce. I also think you overinvested in young players that are only valuable after an injury (Allen, Jones, Moncrief, Dorsett). The lack of an old mid-floor vet at each position is going to be a problem during your bye weeks (e.g. FJax/Vereen/RMathews at RB or Decker/Stevie/Royal/Quick at WR in the late rounds). I also might have waited longer on QB if you have to start 7 skill players each week in a 14-team league. Assuming a 40-50% injury rate and considering the need for bye-week depth, you essentially should plan on starting at least 9 different RBs and WRs over the season at a minimum. I would have gone at least 4 of each plus a TE before considering a QB, and probably would have waited even longer. The benches are just too short here for people to carry spare QBs - I would feel perfectly comfortable streaming QBs if needed.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 14, 2015

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Just did my first draft too. 12 team PPR, 2RB 2 WR 2 flex 1QB TE.

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy, Latavius Murray, LaGarette Blount, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead, Jonas Gray

Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Davante Adams, Marques Colston, Eddie Royal

Greg Olsen

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets Are Up

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

railroad terror posted:

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy, Latavius Murray, LaGarette Blount, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead, Jonas Gray

Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Davante Adams, Marques Colston, Eddie Royal

Greg Olsen

AB, McCoy, and Rodgers your first 3 rounds couldn't have gone any better. Don't love the guys you'd be starting at FLEX (except Royal, betting he has a good year) but I'm guessing you'll be fine with decent waiver additions. Enjoy the playoffs!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

railroad terror posted:

Aaron Rodgers
Greg Olsen

Fantastic draft that should put you above-average at every position. RB depth is impeccable for a 12-team, especially considering the early QB and TE - it's a great balance of floor vs. risk and is like the who's who of my late-round targets. Brown/Edelman is a monster ppr combo at WR - people are essentially going to have to rely on touchdowns to beat it.

Pretty much the only thing I don't like is Garcon/Adams for mid/late WR depth. I'd have preferred any of LaFell/Smith/Decker/Perriman to Garcon and John Brown/Stevie/Stills/Wright to Adams.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

railroad terror posted:

Aaron Rodgers

Greg Olsen

Congrats dude, wow.

Second thought: RB may end up being a weakness for you depending on McCoy. it's a huge question mark on how he'll do in Buffalo. No doubt he'll get fed but scoring is more questionable than it was in Philly. And Murray is a Raider which automatically could limit his upside. Blount, as mentioned a page ago, is good if you only know he'll get fed by Belichick. Woodhead is a nice grab for flexing.

Cheap Ass Bitch
Dec 3, 2006
I AM A CHEAP BASTARD! PLEASE MOCK ME!

So in the vein of leagues with crazy scoring, I'm in a league with the following: 1 pt per completion and 1 pt for 5 yards rushing. And full ppr.

I have the #9 pick in the draft, am I crazy for thinking that I have to go with a qb in the first round and then rb/rb the next 2 because the scoring is weighted to those positions?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I got lucky -- Brown fell all the way back to me at #5 overall. Drafting with co-workers, who, er, don't pay as much attention as you in fantasy has its benefits. Russell Wilson went off the board before Rodgers, too.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nice, is there a 14 team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1DST 1.0 ppr 6pt TD sheet up for that?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

coronaball posted:

Those RBs are pretty rough; all four besides Charles could end up being nothing this year. I would have skipped one of those fliers and taken Knile Davis since if Charles goes down, you are doomed.

Maclin is on my do not draft list, but other than that it's OK for a 14 teamer. You're in bad shape on the Colts bye week though!

ZIGfried posted:

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I agree.

#1 too many colts

Forever_Peace posted:

Strengths: I like the early picks. JCharles is probably my 1.1 in a league with those settings, and I'd be thrilled to get TY in the late second in half-ppr (I'm guessing you had a pick somewhere around 2-4?). Graham/Maclin/Kelce/Martin/Rivers/Wallace seems like one too many mid-round picks for 14-team so you clearly got some value somewhere. Duke has good upside in ppr leagues if you got him late (maybe somewhere around Gio/Woodhead if you're lucky, Helu/Sproles range being more likely outcome this year).

Weaknesses: Getting both Kelce and Graham was a significant error. They only hold value because they can fill a required TE slot - at the flex, Kelce is likely to be outscored by Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin or Allen Robinson in half-ppr, who all usually go multiple rounds later and can also fill bye-weeks for the 3 WR spots. You would have been better off taking Nuke or Cooks or JMathews than Graham, and once you had Graham, significantly better off taking like Golden Tate or DJax or Yeldon than Kelce. I also think you overinvested in young players that are only valuable after an injury (Allen, Jones, Moncrief, Dorsett). The lack of an old mid-floor vet at each position is going to be a problem during your bye weeks (e.g. FJax/Vereen/RMathews at RB or Decker/Stevie/Royal/Quick at WR in the late rounds). I also might have waited longer on QB if you have to start 7 skill players each week in a 14-team league. Assuming a 40-50% injury rate and considering the need for bye-week depth, you essentially should plan on starting at least 9 different RBs and WRs over the season at a minimum. I would have gone at least 4 of each plus a TE before considering a QB, and probably would have waited even longer. The benches are just too short here for people to carry spare QBs - I would feel perfectly comfortable streaming QBs if needed.

Thanks for all the comments dudes. I had pick 1.01, by the way. Obviously went Charles there, then Hilton/Graham at the 2/3 turn.

Yeah, RB is definitely shaky, but the way the draft worked out, I think people were reaching a bit on RBs which let me get a few more decent WRs than some others, given I took Charles and Graham in the 1st and 3rd. I took Doug Martin at pick 84 (ahead of Ivory, Crowell, Vereen), Duke at 113 (ahead of Bush, Mason, and Sims), and Buck Allen and Matt Jones at 168/169 (ahead of McKinnon, Ridley, and Jonas Gray). RB2 will be pretty nerve wracking if Doug Martin doesn't work out this year.

I wish I would've gotten Knile Davis. Not sure what his ADP is, but I had pick 113 and then 140; 113 seemed too early, and he went at pick 126. Probably should've taken him ahead of Duke Johnson at 113? Talk of Cleveland's line being amazing with Mack back and Crowell having fumbling issues, think I bit too hard on Duke. If Charles goes down I'm screwed anyway, so I was trying to go for guys that could start for me if (when) Doug Martin disappoints. Knile's worthless if Charles stays healthy, yeah?

Tate and Yeldon went just before my Kelce pick, and I had hoped to take either one of them. Kinda regret that one though, hah. DJax was still on the board then.

As for too many Colts, Moncrief and Dorsett were fliers at picks 140 and 141; next few WRs off the board were Crabtree, Latimer, and Royal, so I feel ok with these. Royal might've been nice here, though, I agree. Rueben Randle and Bowe went right before these two picks, and I was planning on taking both of them here.

I took Rivers as the 14th QB at pick 112, which felt like pretty massive value. The next QB didn't go until pick 160.

Can you tell I've been doing way more dynasty than redraft? :) Also it really reaffirms my distaste for drafting at 1.01. Feel like I missed a lot of runs and had to reach a bit sometimes, because I had almost two full rounds between my even and odd round picks. Sucks.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 14, 2015

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

Also it really reaffirms my distaste for drafting at 1.01. Feel like I missed a lot of runs and had to reach a bit sometimes, because I had almost two full rounds between my even and odd round picks. Sucks.

Exactly, I've tried to explain to my league mates that picking first this year isn't very good. You can get a lot more "value" picking from the mid to late positions. The guy who got first opted for 4th, and everyone gave him poo poo. I thought it was a wise move. At forth you get a top tier RB, and dont have to wait so long on the round 2-3 bend.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Nice, is there a 14 team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex/1DST 1.0 ppr 6pt TD sheet up for that?

Yes. 2RB2WR1FLX 6 PaTD file, there will be a 14 TEam 1 PPR tab.

I think next next I might just have the macro create individual files for everything, because people seem to struggle with finding specific sheets. Plus it means less bandwidth.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Exactly, I've tried to explain to my league mates that picking first this year isn't very good. You can get a lot more "value" picking from the mid to late positions. The guy who got first opted for 4th, and everyone gave him poo poo. I thought it was a wise move. At forth you get a top tier RB, and dont have to wait so long on the round 2-3 bend.

Hell I'm trying to trade down from 6th

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Funny, I was just coming in here to talk about what place is optimal to pick. My league randomized what pick everyone would get, except winning "1st" pick actually means you get to pick any spot and so on. So we're thinking 4th? 12 teams.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Elysium posted:

Funny, I was just coming in here to talk about what place is optimal to pick. My league randomized what pick everyone would get, except winning "1st" pick actually means you get to pick any spot and so on. So we're thinking 4th? 12 teams.

I personal would go deeper. I am 8th in my 10 team, and I'm very happy with it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Philip Rivers

I think it would have been good to see your draft board, but I can understand how that's not an option.

QB: Rivers is a solid pickup. In a 14 team league he's a bona-fide starter and a tier above the very bottom.

RB: I really don't like your lack of depth here. Obviously Charles is a stud if he stays healthy, but everyone else in your roster is either a lottery ticket or a question mark. Pray that the waiver wire works in your favor.

WR: Hilton is solid, early signs point to Wallace doing well, and regression to the mean suggests that Maclin should at least catch some TDs. I actually like your decision to get both Moncrief and Dorsett and see who makes it. That said there's risk here.

TE: Getting both Graham and Kelce was a mistake IMO. Typically around Graham's ADP are players like Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, DeAndre Hopkins, or Brandin Cooks. All of them have values greater than Graham. Kelce at the 4/5 pick isn't bad.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Elysium posted:

There probably isn't one. The draft positions of league winners seem to be fairly evenly distributed every year.

This year everyone wants later picks because the first round is 'flatter' than its been, but I doubt it will really matter in the end.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. 2RB2WR1FLX 6 PaTD file, there will be a 14 TEam 1 PPR tab.

I think next next I might just have the macro create individual files for everything, because people seem to struggle with finding specific sheets. Plus it means less bandwidth.

Yeah that's my only gripe. PDF files take a second to load on my computer in between pages and if I accidentally click out of the tab it takes forever to find the same sheet again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Yeah that's my only gripe. PDF files take a second to load on my computer in between pages and if I accidentally click out of the tab it takes forever to find the same sheet again.

What about the excel files?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
We're going to need a Rate My Draft thread going into this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What about the excel files?

Hey Beer, thanks again for the BeerSheets! I submitted a custom draft request a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen it yet on the weekly sheets. Did you ask for the draft date so you could post some custom ones closer to draft date?

• Locked thread