Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CMD598 posted:

Wow Fallon is even smaller than I imagined.

The total population goes up by about 20 or 30 percent when an air wing comes to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Godholio posted:

That was my reaction too. Even moreso when I checked out Fernley.

Yeah the wif convinced me to live in Fernley. I'm not excited about the commute but hopefully the proximity to Reno will keep her happy (Fallon was the only duty station she didn't want)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I just rented a house there. It's definitely nicer, but feels smaller.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I discovered this stuff while on leave:

And now I'm probably an alcoholic.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Hahaha, my chief has stealth quit the Navy.

He's acting like nothing is changing, and is just suddenly going to vanish at the end of September due to his contract running out. No one is aware that he is doing this and I accidentally found out.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He still has to do TAPS and exit interview things. Not quite stealth.

JulianD
Dec 4, 2005

NNPTC, part of Joint Base Charleston.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.

JulianD posted:

I got nothing.

Shred every NNPI document on the base and confetti his office... and take a dump on his desk

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

JulianD posted:

Decorate his office with a different theme every week from pool time to pirates.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What I learned so far at ECS - if I'm injured and require a first responder that's a Seabee I'm going to loving die.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
How's marching to and from the school house? Let's see if you picked up any new cadences that you'd be willing to share with the thread. :allears:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

ECS is great for getting to experience people knee-dropping right onto your ballsack to "stop the bleeding".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JulianD posted:

Sneak into his room and cut the toes off all his socks.

Grumpicat
May 27, 2005
Mood: Angsty
Would it be a mistake to reenlist for shore duty Japan orders? I've spent a fair amount of time in Japan but I always wanted to live there for a couple years. I heard shore duty is pretty cake.

My other plan was to get out and go for a master's degree in some kind of computer poo poo and try to get a defense related job but I could still do that when I get back from Japan. I'd be 33 though.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Grumpicat posted:

Would it be a mistake to reenlist for shore duty Japan orders? I've spent a fair amount of time in Japan but I always wanted to live there for a couple years. I heard shore duty is pretty cake.

My other plan was to get out and go for a master's degree in some kind of computer poo poo and try to get a defense related job but I could still do that when I get back from Japan. I'd be 33 though.

Go to Korea instead. The smell is amazing.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Grumpicat posted:

I'd be 33 though.

Should probably stop trying to do anything at that point or your brittle-old bones will snap.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Applewhite posted:

Go to Korea instead. The smell is amazing.

:chloe:

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Grumpicat posted:

Depends on where.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Grumpicat posted:

:getout:

What shore duty? (I'm on shore here. Would not recommend.)

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Also 33 isn't old. Right guys? Guys??

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sir Lucius posted:

I discovered this stuff while on leave:

And now I'm probably an alcoholic.

The 1.75L bottle of evan williams is about a dollar cheaper here than I was paying for he 750. God bless Nevada.

Gotta watch some Hornets do dry runs on ground targets from a couple of miles away today. Neat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

maffew buildings posted:

What I learned so far at ECS - if I'm injured and require a first responder that's a Seabee I'm going to loving die.

tbh if you're in the military and have to deal with a first responder good loving luck

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grumpicat posted:

seconding the :getout:

On shore duty in Japan and unsurprisingly it sucks. Really being in the military in westpac is a pile of poo poo because retarded people just can't stop killing trannies and cab drivers.

Grumpicat
May 27, 2005
Mood: Angsty

CMD598 posted:

Depends on where.

I don't have anything set up. My chief was just telling me to start bothering my detailer about it if I wanted to go. Surprised that nobody here likes it. The only guy I talked to who had done shore duty Japan said he loved it.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

For what it's worth I've known a lot of people that really enjoyed their time in Japan. I spent five years in Europe and didn't really want to come back to the US. Some people hated it there though, "ugh, there's no Walmart/Ikea/whatever".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Seems as long as it's not Okinawa it's a good time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Heard bad things about Sasebo as well.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
as far as I know for intel dudes, you're under the watchful eye of 7th fleet uppers so it's not as fun as it could be

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Heard bad things about Sasebo as well.

Probably better than Iwakuni though, at least for as long as it's a MCAS.

That said I wouldn't personally pick Yokosuka (Because it's full of boat people) but it's on Tokyo's doorstep also Atsugi's chill. I heard there's some other tiny dump in near Atusgi that can't possibly be too bad. I haven't heard anything bad about Misawa...other than SNOW.

That's all I know.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Null Integer posted:

At least an avatar change or title. He's gotten rid of the last one I gave him under his old name.

When you get banned and then re-reg it removes your title/avatar.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 14, 2015

Doctor Sex Butts
Feb 8, 2011

Keep rowing little buddy because if dehydration and starvation don't get you first, the horrible things from the depth will. :ohdear:
TGPS got me excited to peace out. Was loling at the reserve recruiter trying to scare everyone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol @ anyone that's still in

Just lol

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CMD598 posted:

Probably better than Iwakuni though, at least for as long as it's a MCAS.

That said I wouldn't personally pick Yokosuka (Because it's full of boat people) but it's on Tokyo's doorstep also Atsugi's chill. I heard there's some other tiny dump in near Atusgi that can't possibly be too bad. I haven't heard anything bad about Misawa...other than SNOW.

That's all I know.

I was on Atsugi, it was ok, but going to Tokyo whenever I felt like flouting the curfew for the weekend was awesome. I bet it's great when the air wing goes to sea. I heard a lot of guys say Misawa's cool, too.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just lol

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I hard a lot of "We won't have to do this stuff, don't worry about it" during the medical portion. We don't have any cadences it's just wander over out of step while some dude says left right. Next week we get the guns and I will probably be shot and killed by a negligent retard. Namaste.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
lol at anyone still in... this thread

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just lol

Stop picking on me.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

During casualty care at ECS the instructor told my patient to wake up and cause commotion mid-bandaging. He also told said patient his dick had been shot off, causing a bunch of screaming. I told him "Your dick is still there!" and placed his hand on his junk so he could verify it. He then calmed down.

I am learning so much.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It may be, I definitely haven't heard of it.

Godholio posted:

I don't see it on google maps. Where is/was it? I'll take a look.

Mean Genes was a burger place inside the E-club.

Geizkragen posted:

Yeah the wif convinced me to live in Fernley. I'm not excited about the commute but hopefully the proximity to Reno will keep her happy (Fallon was the only duty station she didn't want)

Wait, you're stationed in Fallon now too?

Anyhow, I may be coming down there sometime in near-to-medium future to sit in on some classes at Havok. There should be a goon meet, we could all go LARPing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
I'll be there soon enough. Still waiting for the movers at the moment though.

• Locked thread